1. Where was Matthews going at the start of the "Prologue"?
(a) New York City.
(b) A Mormon settlement.
(d) Washington, D.C.
2. What did Kirtland predate?
(c) New York.
3. What did Joseph Smith found?
4. What name did Matthews use to introduce himself to Joseph Smith?
5. Why did Matthews not introduce himself to Joseph Smith under his real name?
(a) Joseph Smith didn't want any competitive preachers.
(b) He was infamous in New York.
(c) He wanted to infiltrate the Mormons.
(d) He was escaping jail time.
6. What did Joseph Smith tell Matthews when they first met?
(a) That he knew who he was.
(b) That progressivism was evil.
(c) That he wanted to found a new state.
(d) Smith told Matthews of his visions.
7. What did Matthews say the United States was in his eyes?
(a) The second Gomorrah.
(b) The second Babel.
(c) The second Sodom.
(d) The second Babylon.
This section contains 3,798 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)