1. Where was Matthews going at the start of the "Prologue"?
(a) A Mormon settlement.
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) New York City.
2. What did Kirtland predate?
(c) New York.
3. What did Joseph Smith found?
4. What name did Matthews use to introduce himself to Joseph Smith?
5. Why did Matthews not introduce himself to Joseph Smith under his real name?
(a) He was escaping jail time.
(b) He was infamous in New York.
(c) Joseph Smith didn't want any competitive preachers.
(d) He wanted to infiltrate the Mormons.
6. What did Joseph Smith tell Matthews when they first met?
(a) That he wanted to found a new state.
(b) That progressivism was evil.
(c) Smith told Matthews of his visions.
(d) That he knew who he was.
7. What did Matthews say the United States was in his eyes?
(a) The second Gomorrah.
(b) The second Sodom.
(c) The second Babel.
(d) The second Babylon.
This section contains 3,798 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)