* The" Prologue" starts with Matthews being found innocent of murder.
* Matthews was found guilty of assault and contempt.
* Matthews lost all of his followers and left New York for Kirtland.
* Matthews presented himself to Joseph Smith as Joshua because he was infamous after his trial.
* For Matthews, the U.S. was the second Babylon.
* The 1820's to the 1840's was called the Second Great Awakening.
* Charles Grandison Finney was a reformist preacher.
* Modernist "Finneyites" tried to have more freedom from the Churches and have women be treated equally to men.
* "Finneyites" also denounced slavery and were sometimes violently attacked by mobs.
* Many were reluctant to change and joined various conservative sects.
* Both Matthews and Joseph Smith were trying to form conservative churches and were both equally known at the time.
Elijah Pierson, Introduction and Parts 1 through 4
* In "Elijah Pierson, Introduction and Parts 1 through 4," Elijah Pierson was a...
This section contains 1,331 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)