Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Theseus and the bull dancers smuggling things?
2. How did the queen of Crete treat her daughter when she was young?
3. What is the name of the bull dancer who jumps up and over the bull?
4. Why do the people of Crete come to watch the bull dancers train?
5. Who gave the bull medicine to make him mad?
Essay Topic 1
Ariadne is an important character in The King Must Die, and her relationship with Theseus is important in the story.
Choose either topic 1 or 2 to write about:
1) Compare and contrast the characters of Ariadne and Theseus. How are they similar? How are they different?
2) What do you think would have happened if Ariadne had not been in the story? Would the outcome have changed? Cite examples to show Ariadne's influence on Theseus.
Essay Topic 2
Theseus is a good and fair leader, and he believes in justice. Justice is an important theme throughout The King Must Die.
Part 1) Explain the meaning of justice.
Part 2) Describe some examples of justice from the book. What does justice mean to Theseus?
Part 3) Compare an example of justice from the book to a moment in your own life. Do you believe as Theseus does?
Essay Topic 3
There are four different societies depicted in The King Must Die: Troizen, Eleusis, Athens, and Crete. Choose two to compare and contrast in an essay. What deities do the people worship? What rituals do they perform? How does Theseus feel about each society? Which society would you choose to be a member of if you lived in that era?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)