Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Theseus and the bull dancers smuggling things?
2. How did the queen of Crete treat her daughter when she was young?
3. What is the name of the bull dancer who jumps up and over the bull?
4. Why do the people of Crete come to watch the bull dancers train?
5. Who gave the bull medicine to make him mad?
Theseus' great leadership brings loyalty from his men. There are many different examples of leaders commanding respect and using power throughout the novel. Explain how being a great leader can bring loyalty, citing examples from the text. Theseus and Asterion are both leaders. Compare the different ways they command respect using examples.
Ariadne is an important character in The King Must Die, and her relationship with Theseus is important in the story.
Choose either topic 1 or 2 to write about:
1) Compare and contrast the characters of Ariadne and Theseus. How are they similar? How are they different?
2) What do you think would have happened if Ariadne had not been in the story? Would the outcome have changed? Cite examples to show Ariadne's influence on Theseus.
In Eleusis Queen Persephone rules, and the people care nothing for the king. Queen Persephone is very intelligent and powerful.
Part 1) Describe what kind of leader the queen is. What are her beliefs, strengths and weaknesses?
Part 2) Describe how Queen Persephone's character changes throughout the story; cite examples from the text.
Part 3) Explain how Queen Persephone is important to the overall story and how she has affected Theseus' life; cite examples from the text.
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)