|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After three months of bull dancing, who calls Theseus to his home to dine?
2. What does Theseus' father want to do for Theseus' birthday?
3. Why do the people of Crete come to watch the bull dancers train?
4. In what month are Theseus and his kinsmen allowed to see a bull dance for the first time?
5. Why does Theseus take a different path every night on the way to meet his lover?
Essay Topic 1
The narrator of The King Must Die is also a participant in the story. Analyze how different the story would be if told from an observer and non-participant point of view.
Essay Topic 2
King Minos is the ruler of Crete, Theseus is also a leader and ruler of many people.
Part 1) Compare and contrast the characters of Minos and Theseus. How are they similar and how are they different as rulers?
Part 2) Explain why Minos' character is important to the story. How does he affect Theseus?
Part 3) Besides Theseus, what ruler from the story do you like the most and why (Aigeus, Pittheus, Persephone, Asterion, Minos)?
Essay Topic 3
What would you have done if you were forced to become a bull dancer? Would you have taken a leadership position like Theseus? What position would you have preferred to have and why (either leaper, chaser, or catcher)?
This section contains 1,470 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)