Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Theseus and the bull dancers smuggling things?
2. How did the queen of Crete treat her daughter when she was young?
3. What is the name of the bull dancer who jumps up and over the bull?
4. Why do the people of Crete come to watch the bull dancers train?
5. Who gave the bull medicine to make him mad?
Essay Topic 1
The narrator of The King Must Die is also a participant in the story. Analyze how different the story would be if told from an observer and non-participant point of view.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout The King Must Die the theme of belief is prominent. It is the beliefs that the characters, mainly Theseus, have that bring meaning to their lives. What types of beliefs do Theseus possess? Explain how Theseus' beliefs affect the decisions that he makes in his life, citing examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Theseus' great leadership brings loyalty from his men. There are many different examples of leaders commanding respect and using power throughout the novel. Explain how being a great leader can bring loyalty, citing examples from the text. Theseus and Asterion are both leaders. Compare the different ways they command respect using examples.
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)