|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After three months of bull dancing, who calls Theseus to his home to dine?
2. What happens to the bull after the dance?
3. What is the name of the man who Theseus think is coming to punish him because he retrieved the item out of the sea?
4. What does Theseus think of the person who tells him the gods favor him?
5. Where does Theseus go after killing the king?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Rituals are prominent throughout The King Must Die. They are an indicator of the differences and similarities between the cultures. Compare and contrast the different rituals throughout the book. How are they the same? How are they different? How does Theseus feel about the different rituals he encounters throughout his travels? Include several examples from the book. Compare and contrast the rituals in the book to rituals that we have in society today.
Essay Topic 2
Ariadne is an important character in The King Must Die, and her relationship with Theseus is important in the story.
Choose either topic 1 or 2 to write about:
1) Compare and contrast the characters of Ariadne and Theseus. How are they similar? How are they different?
2) What do you think would have happened if Ariadne had not been in the story? Would the outcome have changed? Cite examples to show Ariadne's influence on Theseus.
Essay Topic 3
The connection between Theseus and Poseidon is essential to the plot of the book, because Poseidon affects Theseus' entire life. Describe the connection between Poseidon and Theseus, and cite examples from the book. Describe attributes that Theseus has gained from his connection to Poseidon. Explain how Poseidon has affected Theseus' life, and cite several examples from the book.
This section contains 1,459 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)