Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Theseus do to the chariot driver?
2. How does the queen act when Theseus leaves for battle?
3. Why does Theseus choose not to travel to Athens on the ship?
4. Who does Theseus' mother reveal to be his father?
5. What is the name of the first castle Theseus comes to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Justify why Theseus obeys Poseidon's command.
2. Describe two things that Theseus and Dexios encounter on Isthmus Road.
3. Describe the connection between Theseus and Poseidon.
4. Describe one of the customs that is performed in Eleusis every year.
5. Describe how Xanthos tries to undermine Theseus after the first battle.
6. Describe what King Aigeus does after seeing Theseus' ship returning to Athens.
7. Explain why Theseus is feeling uneasy the day following Herakles death.
8. Explain what Theseus learns about the customs and prophesies of the Creates.
9. Define the relationship between Theseus and the cranes.
10. Define the relationship between Theseus and Xanthos.
The connection between Theseus and Poseidon is essential to the plot of the book, because Poseidon affects Theseus' entire life. Describe the connection between Poseidon and Theseus, and cite examples from the book. Describe attributes that Theseus has gained from his connection to Poseidon. Explain how Poseidon has affected Theseus' life, and cite several examples from the book.
Foreshadowing is a literary tool used in The King Must Die. Cite three examples of foreshadowing and how it's used to foretell events to come.
What would you have done if you were forced to become a bull dancer? Would you have taken a leadership position like Theseus? What position would you have preferred to have and why (either leaper, chaser, or catcher)?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)