Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Theseus do to the chariot driver?
2. How does the queen act when Theseus leaves for battle?
3. Why does Theseus choose not to travel to Athens on the ship?
4. Who does Theseus' mother reveal to be his father?
5. What is the name of the first castle Theseus comes to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Justify why Theseus obeys Poseidon's command.
2. Describe two things that Theseus and Dexios encounter on Isthmus Road.
3. Describe the connection between Theseus and Poseidon.
4. Describe one of the customs that is performed in Eleusis every year.
5. Describe how Xanthos tries to undermine Theseus after the first battle.
6. Describe what King Aigeus does after seeing Theseus' ship returning to Athens.
7. Explain why Theseus is feeling uneasy the day following Herakles death.
8. Explain what Theseus learns about the customs and prophesies of the Creates.
9. Define the relationship between Theseus and the cranes.
10. Define the relationship between Theseus and Xanthos.
Honor is a powerful theme throughout The King Must Die; some characters have honor and some do not.
Part 1) Define honor, also describing why it's important to be a person with honor.
Part 2) Explain why Theseus is considered a man of honor and Asterion is not. Cite examples from the book.
Part 3) What does honor mean in society today? Are people as honorable in this era?
Foreshadowing is a literary tool used in The King Must Die. Cite three examples of foreshadowing and how it's used to foretell events to come.
Moira is an important symbol throughout The King Must Die. Theseus his dedicated to his belief of moira.
Part 1) Define moira, citing examples from the text where it's described.
Part 2) Explain how Theseus' belief in moira gives him freedom and how it hinders him.
Part 3) Describe how Theseus' belief in moira changes throughout the novel. Is he as passionate in the end of the novel as he is in the beginning?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)