Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Theseus do to the chariot driver?
2. How does the queen act when Theseus leaves for battle?
3. Why does Theseus choose not to travel to Athens on the ship?
4. Who does Theseus' mother reveal to be his father?
5. What is the name of the first castle Theseus comes to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Justify why Theseus obeys Poseidon's command.
2. Describe two things that Theseus and Dexios encounter on Isthmus Road.
3. Describe the connection between Theseus and Poseidon.
4. Describe one of the customs that is performed in Eleusis every year.
5. Describe how Xanthos tries to undermine Theseus after the first battle.
6. Describe what King Aigeus does after seeing Theseus' ship returning to Athens.
7. Explain why Theseus is feeling uneasy the day following Herakles death.
8. Explain what Theseus learns about the customs and prophesies of the Creates.
9. Define the relationship between Theseus and the cranes.
10. Define the relationship between Theseus and Xanthos.
King Minos is the ruler of Crete, Theseus is also a leader and ruler of many people.
Part 1) Compare and contrast the characters of Minos and Theseus. How are they similar and how are they different as rulers?
Part 2) Explain why Minos' character is important to the story. How does he affect Theseus?
Part 3) Besides Theseus, what ruler from the story do you like the most and why (Aigeus, Pittheus, Persephone, Asterion, Minos)?
The city of Crete is destroyed at the end of the book because the people had lost their belief in the gods. Compare and contrast the society of Crete with our society today. How are they similar? How are they different? What could people do to change society today?
Rituals are prominent throughout The King Must Die. They are an indicator of the differences and similarities between the cultures. Compare and contrast the different rituals throughout the book. How are they the same? How are they different? How does Theseus feel about the different rituals he encounters throughout his travels? Include several examples from the book. Compare and contrast the rituals in the book to rituals that we have in society today.
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)