|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Theseus' father want to do for Theseus' birthday?
(a) Go on a trip.
(b) Have a ceremony in his honor.
(c) Create a monument in his honor.
(d) Have a great feast.
2. What name does Theseus and his kinsmen decide to call themselves?
3. Who wants the king of Crete to die and is the one who is believed to have infected him?
(b) The queen.
4. Why does Theseus take a different path every night on the way to meet his lover?
(a) To ward off bad spirits.
(b) So he can map out several places that he might need later on.
(c) To make sure no one is following him.
(d) To strengthen his body for bull dancing.
5. Why won't Theseus go to his lover the night before the bull dance?
(a) He must keep his pledge to his fellow cranes.
(b) He must stay away because he's being followed.
(c) He is angry with her.
(d) He no longer desires her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the war last?
2. What color of flag does Theseus' father ask Theseus to run up on the ship if he returns?
3. While training to become a bull dancer, what does Theseus beg Poseidon to make him?
4. What disease afflicts the king of Crete?
5. After arriving in Crete, what does the man who slapped Theseus across the face throw into the ocean?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)