|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Theseus and the bull dancers smuggling things?
(a) They are planning to take a stand against the king's son.
(b) They are planning on helping all of the bull dancers.
(c) They are planning on escaping.
(d) They want to become wealthy.
2. Why is Theseus troubled by the king's son checking up on him during the bull dancer training?
(a) He thinks he'll keep him from being a dancer.
(b) He thinks he'll keep him from being a chaser.
(c) He thinks he'll keep him from being a leaper.
(d) He thinks he'll keep him from being a catcher.
3. How long does the war last?
(a) Six months.
(b) Nearly a month.
(c) A year.
(d) Two years.
4. Why does Theseus not accept the gifts at the dinner party?
(a) He is a slave and he's unable to accept.
(b) He is disgraced and feels unworthy.
(c) He is angry and does not want them.
(d) He is royal blood and can't accept gifts from a man that struck him.
5. In what month are the bull dancers trained to leap and do cartwheels?
(a) Second month.
(b) First month.
(c) Fourth month.
(d) Third month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Theseus after the bull dance?
2. How did the queen of Crete treat her daughter when she was young?
3. What does Theseus name their bull?
4. What does Theseus and his kinsmen practice on the ship?
5. How is Theseus feeling while waiting to hear news of the king's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Theseus is hurt during a bull dance.
2. Evaluate Theseus' feelings after taking the king's life.
3. Explain what Theseus learns about Asterion's true identity.
4. Explain what Theseus learns about the customs and prophesies of the Creates.
5. Explain why Theseus is chosen to be the leader of the cranes.
6. Recall what Ariadne tells Theseus about King Minos, explaining how he became sick and why.
7. Recall how the dancers obtain their bull.
8. Describe what Theseus does when the men from Crete come for their tribute and why.
9. Explain what the old woman in Aigeus' kingdom says to Theseus.
10. Explain what Theseus does that makes Ariadne cry in Book 4: Chapter 7.
This section contains 1,131 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)