|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things will end the bull dancing?
(a) The bull dies or the dancer gets tired.
(b) The bull is wounded or the dancer is wounded.
(c) The bull dies or the dancer decides to stop.
(d) The bull is too tired to chase or the dancer dies by the bull.
2. What does Theseus learn about the king's son from the other bull dancers?
(a) That the man wants to save Theseus.
(b) That the man is not the King's real son.
(c) That the man wants to kill Theseus.
(d) That the man is the King's son.
3. What angered Poseidon?
(a) Theseus' father kept Theseus' name out of the drawing.
(b) Theseus' father put Theseus' name in the drawing.
(c) Theseus' father dishonored him.
(d) Theseus dishonored him.
4. Where does Theseus go after killing the king?
(a) To meet with his kinsmen.
(b) To practice bull dancing.
(c) Back to his own bed.
(d) To his lover's chambers.
5. While training to become a bull dancer, what does Theseus beg Poseidon to make him?
(a) A bull leaper.
(b) A bull dancer.
(c) A bull chaser.
(d) A bull catcher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man who Theseus think is coming to punish him because he retrieved the item out of the sea?
2. Theseus has heard that if a dancer lasts _____ years the goddess sets them free.
3. What gift does Theseus' father give him?
4. Why is Theseus troubled by the king's son checking up on him during the bull dancer training?
5. What is the name of the bull dancer who jumps up and over the bull?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what happens to make Theseus force the cranes to renew their vows to each other.
2. Explain the relationship between Theseus and Ariadne.
3. Describe what Theseus does when the men from Crete come for their tribute and why.
4. Explain what Theseus does that makes Ariadne cry in Book 4: Chapter 7.
5. Describe how Theseus is hurt during a bull dance.
6. Recall what Theseus learns about bull dancing while traveling to Crete.
7. Describe an incident in Crete where Theseus shows compassion.
8. Describe King Minos and what he tells Theseus in their first meeting.
9. Evaluate how much Theseus has grown as a leader in Crete.
10. Describe what Theseus and the cranes do to cause a scene when they arrive at Crete.
This section contains 1,169 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)