|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After arriving in Crete, what does the man who slapped Theseus across the face throw into the ocean?
(a) His shoe.
(b) A stone.
(c) His ring.
(d) His sword.
2. While training to become a bull dancer, what does Theseus beg Poseidon to make him?
(a) A bull leaper.
(b) A bull dancer.
(c) A bull catcher.
(d) A bull chaser.
3. What is the name of the bull god?
4. As a bull dancer, what does Theseus decide he wants to be?
(a) A leaper.
(b) A dancer.
(c) A chaser.
(d) A catcher.
5. In what month are Theseus and his kinsmen allowed to see a bull dance for the first time?
(a) Second month.
(b) Third month.
(c) Fourth month.
(d) First month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Theseus and his kinsmen practice on the ship?
2. Theseus has heard that if a dancer lasts _____ years the goddess sets them free.
3. What color of flag does Theseus' father ask Theseus to run up on the ship if he returns?
4. Why is Theseus proclaimed the leader of the bull dancers in Crete?
5. How is Theseus feeling while waiting to hear news of the king's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what the old woman in Aigeus' kingdom says to Theseus.
2. Evaluate how much Theseus has grown as a leader in Crete.
3. Describe how Theseus is hurt during a bull dance.
4. Describe King Minos and what he tells Theseus in their first meeting.
5. Analyze the differences between Theseus and Asterion.
6. Describe an incident in Crete where Theseus shows compassion.
7. Explain what happens to make Theseus force the cranes to renew their vows to each other.
8. Describe bull dancing, concentrating on the different roles of each dancer.
9. Describe the House of the Axe and how Theseus feels about being there.
10. Define the relationship between Theseus and the cranes.
This section contains 1,125 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)