|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the bull dancer who jumps up and over the bull?
(a) A chaser.
(b) A leaper.
(c) A catcher.
(d) A dancer.
2. Why won't Theseus go to his lover the night before the bull dance?
(a) He must keep his pledge to his fellow cranes.
(b) He no longer desires her.
(c) He is angry with her.
(d) He must stay away because he's being followed.
3. What is the king wearing when the Theseus and his kinsmen first see him in the House of the Axe?
(a) An ornate eagle mask.
(b) An ornate horse mask.
(c) An ornate bull mask.
(d) An ornate dragon mask.
4. What name does Theseus and his kinsmen decide to call themselves?
5. What does Theseus and his kinsmen practice on the ship?
(a) Speed drills.
(d) A dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Theseus has heard that if a dancer lasts _____ years the goddess sets them free.
2. What happens to the bull after the dance?
3. What do Theseus and the bull dancers smuggle and begin to hide?
4. What does Theseus' father want to do for Theseus' birthday?
5. What angered Poseidon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe King Minos and what he tells Theseus in their first meeting.
2. Define the relationship between Theseus and the cranes.
3. Describe an incident in Crete where Theseus shows compassion.
4. Explain why Asterion might have a grievance against Theseus.
5. Analyze the differences between Theseus and Asterion.
6. Recall what Theseus learns about bull dancing while traveling to Crete.
7. Explain why Theseus is chosen to be the leader of the cranes.
8. Evaluate how much Theseus has grown as a leader in Crete.
9. Evaluate Theseus' feelings after taking the king's life.
10. Explain what happens to make Theseus force the cranes to renew their vows to each other.
This section contains 1,148 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)