|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Theseus' lover begin to cry?
(a) She believes he's worthy to be a king of an entire kingdom.
(b) She and Theseus have quarreled.
(c) She feels guilty for being with Theseus.
(d) Theseus struck her.
2. What is one place that Theseus finds useful on his way to meet his lover?
(a) The ancient armory.
(b) The gold treasury.
(c) The library.
(d) The records room.
3. What does one of the girl dancers confess to Theseus?
(a) She is bull shy.
(b) She wants to be a leaper.
(c) She is terrified of the bull.
(d) She wants to die first.
4. During the bull dance, where do Theseus and another of the dancers get caught?
(a) Cornered against the wall by the bull.
(b) In the bull's front legs.
(c) Underneath the bull.
(d) In the bull's horns.
5. What does Theseus learn about the king's son from the other bull dancers?
(a) That the man wants to save Theseus.
(b) That the man is the King's son.
(c) That the man is not the King's real son.
(d) That the man wants to kill Theseus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why won't Theseus go to his lover the night before the bull dance?
2. After Theseus and his kinsmen have practiced and before they are ready for their dance, who comes to check on them?
3. What color of flag does Theseus' father ask Theseus to run up on the ship if he returns?
4. How did the queen of Crete treat her son when he was young?
5. Where are Theseus and his kinsmen living in Crete?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)