|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Theseus and his kinsmen are allowed to watch the bull dance?
(a) The bull is killed.
(b) The bull is wounded.
(c) They see a boy die.
(d) The dancer is wounded.
2. Who gave the bull medicine to make him mad?
3. How many months will the bull dancers have to train?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Three months.
(c) One month.
(d) Six months.
4. Theseus has heard that if a dancer lasts _____ years the goddess sets them free.
5. Why won't Theseus go to his lover the night before the bull dance?
(a) He must stay away because he's being followed.
(b) He is angry with her.
(c) He no longer desires her.
(d) He must keep his pledge to his fellow cranes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in the last month of bull dancer training?
2. What happens to Theseus after the bull dance?
3. What does the man who slapped Theseus across the face call Poseidon?
4. Who does Theseus watch at the bull fight and decides she is human?
5. What color of flag does Theseus' father ask Theseus to run up on the ship if he returns?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Theseus does when the men from Crete come for their tribute and why.
2. Describe an incident in Crete where Theseus shows compassion.
3. Explain why Theseus is chosen to be the leader of the cranes.
4. Evaluate Theseus' feelings after taking the king's life.
5. Recall what Theseus learns about bull dancing while traveling to Crete.
6. Explain what the old woman in Aigeus' kingdom says to Theseus.
7. Recall how the dancers obtain their bull.
8. Describe the House of the Axe and how Theseus feels about being there.
9. Explain what Theseus learns about Asterion's true identity.
10. Explain what Theseus learns about the customs and prophesies of the Creates.
This section contains 1,132 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)