|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Theseus' father want to do for Theseus' birthday?
(a) Have a ceremony in his honor.
(b) Go on a trip.
(c) Have a great feast.
(d) Create a monument in his honor.
2. What disease afflicts the king of Crete?
(c) Heart disease.
(d) Lyme disease.
3. For what have the Crete men come to Athens?
(a) A tribute of men and women.
(b) To start a war.
(c) To barter goods.
(d) A tribute of young boys and girls.
4. Where are Theseus and his kinsmen living in Crete?
(a) The castle.
(b) The dungeons.
(c) A house in the country.
(d) The Bull Court.
5. With what does Theseus kill the king?
(a) Sacred dagger.
(b) Sacred sword.
(c) Sacred ax.
(d) Sacred arrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the king wearing when the Theseus and his kinsmen first see him in the House of the Axe?
2. What angered Poseidon?
3. What does Theseus name their bull?
4. Why won't Theseus go to his lover the night before the bull dance?
5. What does one of the girl dancers confess to Theseus?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Asterion might have a grievance against Theseus.
2. Describe what Theseus and the cranes do to cause a scene when they arrive at Crete.
3. Explain what the old woman in Aigeus' kingdom says to Theseus.
4. Analyze the differences between Theseus and Asterion.
5. Define the relationship between Theseus and the cranes.
6. Describe the relationship between Ariadne and Asterion, concentrating on how their mother treated them.
7. Describe what Theseus does when the men from Crete come for their tribute and why.
8. Explain what Theseus learns about Asterion's true identity.
9. Evaluate how much Theseus has grown as a leader in Crete.
10. Explain why Theseus' bull, Herakles, was acting funny.
This section contains 1,126 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)