|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did someone give the bull medicine to make him mad?
(a) This person wagered money on a death in the arena.
(b) This person wanted Theseus dead.
(c) This person wanted the bull dead.
(d) This person wanted all of the bull dancers to die.
2. What angered Poseidon?
(a) Theseus' father put Theseus' name in the drawing.
(b) Theseus' father kept Theseus' name out of the drawing.
(c) Theseus' father dishonored him.
(d) Theseus dishonored him.
3. When the man threw the item into the sea on the day that Theseus arrived, what was that a symbol of?
(a) A symbol to show that the king is at peace with the sea.
(b) A symbol to show that the king has wed the sea.
(c) A symbol to show that the king is more powerful than the sea.
(d) A symbol to show that the king is obedient to the sea.
4. In what month are the bull dancers trained to leap and do cartwheels?
(a) Fourth month.
(b) Second month.
(c) First month.
(d) Third month.
5. What is Theseus and the other cranes considered to be?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Theseus feeling while waiting to hear news of the king's death?
2. What is the name of the man who Theseus think is coming to punish him because he retrieved the item out of the sea?
3. How did the queen of Crete treat her son when he was young?
4. What color of flag does Theseus' father ask Theseus to run up on the ship if he returns?
5. Who does Theseus' lover take him to see in a secret lair under the palace?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)