|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wants the king of Crete to die and is the one who is believed to have infected him?
(c) The queen.
2. How many months will the bull dancers have to train?
(a) One month.
(b) Three months.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two weeks.
3. What is the life expectancy of a bull dancer?
(a) Six months.
(b) One month.
(c) Twelve months.
(d) Three months.
4. What gift does Theseus' father give him?
(a) A sword and shield.
(b) A ship.
(c) A chariot and horses.
(d) A castle.
5. What is Theseus and the other cranes considered to be?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Theseus name their bull?
2. In the first three months, how many members do the cranes lose bull dancing?
3. What is the name of the man who Theseus think is coming to punish him because he retrieved the item out of the sea?
4. What two things will end the bull dancing?
5. How did Theseus ruin the symbol by retrieving the item?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe King Minos and what he tells Theseus in their first meeting.
2. Recall what Ariadne tells Theseus about King Minos, explaining how he became sick and why.
3. Describe what Theseus and the cranes do to cause a scene when they arrive at Crete.
4. Describe what Theseus does when the men from Crete come for their tribute and why.
5. Describe bull dancing, concentrating on the different roles of each dancer.
6. Evaluate Theseus' feelings after taking the king's life.
7. Explain what the old woman in Aigeus' kingdom says to Theseus.
8. Explain what Theseus learns about Asterion's true identity.
9. Explain the relationship between Theseus and Ariadne.
10. Define the relationship between Theseus and the cranes.
This section contains 1,130 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)