|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the life expectancy of a bull dancer?
(a) Three months.
(b) One month.
(c) Six months.
(d) Twelve months.
2. Who tells Theseus that the gods favor him?
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) An old woman.
3. What does one of the girl dancers confess to Theseus?
(a) She is bull shy.
(b) She is terrified of the bull.
(c) She wants to be a leaper.
(d) She wants to die first.
4. What does Theseus name their bull?
5. In what month are the bull dancers trained to leap and do cartwheels?
(a) First month.
(b) Second month.
(c) Fourth month.
(d) Third month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What angered Poseidon?
2. What does Theseus learn about the king's son from the other bull dancers?
3. What happens to Theseus after the bull dance?
4. What does Theseus think of the person who tells him the gods favor him?
5. Why does Theseus take a different path every night on the way to meet his lover?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what Theseus learns about Asterion's true identity.
2. Explain why Theseus is chosen to be the leader of the cranes.
3. Describe what Theseus does when the men from Crete come for their tribute and why.
4. Explain why Theseus' bull, Herakles, was acting funny.
5. Describe an incident in Crete where Theseus shows compassion.
6. Explain what Theseus learns about the customs and prophesies of the Creates.
7. Explain what happens to make Theseus force the cranes to renew their vows to each other.
8. Evaluate how much Theseus has grown as a leader in Crete.
9. Recall what Ariadne tells Theseus about King Minos, explaining how he became sick and why.
10. Define the relationship between Theseus and the cranes.
This section contains 1,113 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)