|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Theseus and his kinsmen practice on the ship?
(a) Speed drills.
(b) A dance.
2. Why won't Theseus go to his lover the night before the bull dance?
(a) He must stay away because he's being followed.
(b) He must keep his pledge to his fellow cranes.
(c) He no longer desires her.
(d) He is angry with her.
3. What color of flag does Theseus' father ask Theseus to run up on the ship if he returns?
4. What is the name of the man who Theseus think is coming to punish him because he retrieved the item out of the sea?
5. What happens in the last month of bull dancer training?
(a) They go to the pasture to get a bull, but they don't get to pick.
(b) They must fight to see who will dance first with the bull.
(c) They get to pick their bull.
(d) They practice dancing with the bulls.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Theseus ruin the symbol by retrieving the item?
2. What is the life expectancy of a bull dancer?
3. Who does Theseus watch at the bull fight and decides she is human?
4. What is one place that Theseus finds useful on his way to meet his lover?
5. How is Theseus feeling while waiting to hear news of the king's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the relationship between Theseus and Ariadne.
2. Evaluate Theseus' feelings after taking the king's life.
3. Recall what Theseus learns about bull dancing while traveling to Crete.
4. Describe what Theseus does when the men from Crete come for their tribute and why.
5. Explain what Theseus learns about Asterion's true identity.
6. Explain why Asterion might have a grievance against Theseus.
7. Describe the House of the Axe and how Theseus feels about being there.
8. Explain what happens to make Theseus force the cranes to renew their vows to each other.
9. Describe bull dancing, concentrating on the different roles of each dancer.
10. Evaluate how much Theseus has grown as a leader in Crete.
This section contains 1,281 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)