|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the king ask Theseus to take his life?
(a) To end his suffering.
(b) So his son will be unable to gain the crown.
(c) So his daughter can gain the crown.
(d) To fool others into believing the king's son killed the king.
2. What does Theseus learn about the king's son from the other bull dancers?
(a) That the man is not the King's real son.
(b) That the man wants to save Theseus.
(c) That the man is the King's son.
(d) That the man wants to kill Theseus.
3. Where are Theseus and his kinsmen living in Crete?
(a) The dungeons.
(b) A house in the country.
(c) The Bull Court.
(d) The castle.
4. What is Theseus offered at the dinner party?
(a) Sword and shield.
(b) Gold and jewels.
(c) His freedom.
(d) Horse and chariot.
5. What do Theseus and the bull dancers smuggle and begin to hide?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Theseus watch at the bull fight and decides she is human?
2. Why does Theseus' lover begin to cry?
3. What two things will end the bull dancing?
4. Why do the people of Crete come to watch the bull dancers train?
5. Who gave the bull medicine to make him mad?
Short Essay Questions
1. Evaluate Theseus' feelings after taking the king's life.
2. Explain why Theseus' bull, Herakles, was acting funny.
3. Analyze the differences between Theseus and Asterion.
4. Describe an incident in Crete where Theseus shows compassion.
5. Explain what the old woman in Aigeus' kingdom says to Theseus.
6. Describe what Theseus and the cranes do to cause a scene when they arrive at Crete.
7. Describe King Minos and what he tells Theseus in their first meeting.
8. Describe the House of the Axe and how Theseus feels about being there.
9. Describe how Theseus is hurt during a bull dance.
10. Recall how the dancers obtain their bull.
This section contains 1,080 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)