|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did someone give the bull medicine to make him mad?
(a) This person wanted all of the bull dancers to die.
(b) This person wanted Theseus dead.
(c) This person wanted the bull dead.
(d) This person wagered money on a death in the arena.
2. Why does the king ask Theseus to take his life?
(a) So his son will be unable to gain the crown.
(b) To fool others into believing the king's son killed the king.
(c) So his daughter can gain the crown.
(d) To end his suffering.
3. What gift does Theseus' father give him?
(a) A sword and shield.
(b) A castle.
(c) A ship.
(d) A chariot and horses.
4. What does Theseus learn about the king's son from the other bull dancers?
(a) That the man wants to save Theseus.
(b) That the man is the King's son.
(c) That the man is not the King's real son.
(d) That the man wants to kill Theseus.
5. What two things will end the bull dancing?
(a) The bull is wounded or the dancer is wounded.
(b) The bull is too tired to chase or the dancer dies by the bull.
(c) The bull dies or the dancer gets tired.
(d) The bull dies or the dancer decides to stop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the bull after the dance?
2. What does the man who slapped Theseus across the face call Poseidon?
3. What is the name of the man who Theseus think is coming to punish him because he retrieved the item out of the sea?
4. What does Theseus think of the person who tells him the gods favor him?
5. What does one of the girl dancers confess to Theseus?
Short Essay Questions
1. Evaluate Theseus' feelings after taking the king's life.
2. Explain what Theseus learns about Asterion's true identity.
3. Explain the relationship between Theseus and Ariadne.
4. Define the relationship between Theseus and the cranes.
5. Explain what Theseus does that makes Ariadne cry in Book 4: Chapter 7.
6. Explain what happens to make Theseus force the cranes to renew their vows to each other.
7. Describe King Minos and what he tells Theseus in their first meeting.
8. Explain what Theseus learns about the customs and prophesies of the Creates.
9. Explain why Asterion might have a grievance against Theseus.
10. Evaluate how much Theseus has grown as a leader in Crete.
This section contains 1,189 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)