|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the bull dancer who jumps up and over the bull?
(a) A dancer.
(b) A catcher.
(c) A chaser.
(d) A leaper.
2. Who wants the king of Crete to die and is the one who is believed to have infected him?
(b) The queen.
3. What is the name of the bull god?
4. What name does Theseus and his kinsmen decide to call themselves?
5. Why does Theseus take a different path every night on the way to meet his lover?
(a) To strengthen his body for bull dancing.
(b) To ward off bad spirits.
(c) To make sure no one is following him.
(d) So he can map out several places that he might need later on.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the queen of Crete treat her daughter when she was young?
2. What does the man who slapped Theseus across the face call Poseidon?
3. While training to become a bull dancer, what does Theseus beg Poseidon to make him?
4. What angered Poseidon?
5. What does Theseus' father want to do for Theseus' birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe King Minos and what he tells Theseus in their first meeting.
2. Describe how Theseus is hurt during a bull dance.
3. Recall how the dancers obtain their bull.
4. Analyze the differences between Theseus and Asterion.
5. Evaluate how much Theseus has grown as a leader in Crete.
6. Explain what Theseus learns about the customs and prophesies of the Creates.
7. Explain what Theseus learns about Asterion's true identity.
8. Explain what Theseus does that makes Ariadne cry in Book 4: Chapter 7.
9. Explain why Theseus is chosen to be the leader of the cranes.
10. Describe what Theseus and the cranes do to cause a scene when they arrive at Crete.
This section contains 1,108 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)