|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many months will the bull dancers have to train?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Three months.
(c) One month.
(d) Six months.
2. Who calls Theseus to a secret meeting chamber?
3. How long does the war last?
(a) Two years.
(b) Nearly a month.
(c) A year.
(d) Six months.
4. Who is going to send a message to Theseus' father, asking for help in stopping the son of the king of Crete?
(d) A bard who's singing in the palace.
5. Where are Theseus and his kinsmen living in Crete?
(a) A house in the country.
(b) The dungeons.
(c) The Bull Court.
(d) The castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the people of Crete treat Theseus and his kinsmen when they arrive?
2. Who tells Theseus that the gods favor him?
3. What angered Poseidon?
4. What does Theseus and his kinsmen practice on the ship?
5. Why won't Theseus go to his lover the night before the bull dance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Theseus and the cranes do to cause a scene when they arrive at Crete.
2. Describe an incident in Crete where Theseus shows compassion.
3. Explain what Theseus learns about Asterion's true identity.
4. Describe the House of the Axe and how Theseus feels about being there.
5. Describe bull dancing, concentrating on the different roles of each dancer.
6. Explain what Theseus learns about the customs and prophesies of the Creates.
7. Recall what Theseus learns about bull dancing while traveling to Crete.
8. Recall how the dancers obtain their bull.
9. Define the relationship between Theseus and the cranes.
10. Explain why Theseus' bull, Herakles, was acting funny.
This section contains 1,142 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)