|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who seeks to take the throne from Aigeus?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His two brothers.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His sister.
2. Whom do Theseus and his friend run into as they begin their journey?
(a) Old friends from home.
(c) Robbers and thieves.
3. What is the name of the king's woman?
4. How does Theseus' father agree to treat the people in Eleusis?
(a) As servants.
(b) As equals.
(c) Beneath the people of Athens.
(d) As better than Athenians.
5. Who is Theseus' grandfather?
(c) King Pittheus.
(d) King Minos.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Aigeus command the king and the priestess to keep Theseus' identity hidden?
2. What is the name of the next town Theseus travels to after leaving the camp?
3. How is Theseus' grandfather feeling when Theseus comes to visit him?
4. After Theseus talks to his grandfather, how many days is it until a ship arrives at Troizen to take him to Athens?
5. What does the queen announce the oracle has proclaimed about Theseus' coming?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens to make Queen Persephone cry in Book 2: Chapter 2.
2. Recall what the oracle announces about Theseus' journey.
3. Describe how Xanthos tries to undermine Theseus after the first battle.
4. Describe one of the customs that is performed in Eleusis every year.
5. Define the relationship between Theseus and Xanthos.
6. Describe the connection between Theseus and Poseidon.
7. Recall a situation in Chapters 1-4 where Theseus' pride gets in the way.
8. Explain the importance of Theseus' dream after a harper comes to the palace.
9. Evaluate the impact of Theseus' relationship with Simo, describing how this relationship helped Theseus to grow.
10. Explain how Theseus' chariot crashes on the battlefield.
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)