|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Theseus send away on a boat?
(a) The soldiers of Eleusis.
(b) The queen and her children.
(c) The king of Athens.
(d) The people of Eleusis.
2. What does Theseus do for his men after they defeat the city?
(a) Gives them his own rewards, leaving none for himself.
(b) Allows them a day to do as they please.
(c) Throws a banquet for them to celebrate.
(d) Gives them all new weapons.
3. How does Theseus' father agree to treat the people in Eleusis?
(a) Beneath the people of Athens.
(b) As servants.
(c) As equals.
(d) As better than Athenians.
4. Who is Theseus' grandfather?
(a) King Pittheus.
(c) King Minos.
5. How does Theseus make the people in the camp feel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Theseus do to the chariot driver?
2. What items does Theseus find under the rock?
3. Who does Theseus go to war against?
4. Whom do Theseus and his friend run into as they begin their journey?
5. Who is Theseus' father the son of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Analyze the relationship between Theseus and Aigeus at their first meeting.
2. Explain why Theseus chose not to go on the ship where his grandfather had attained him a spot .
3. Describe what happens to make Queen Persephone cry in Book 2: Chapter 2.
4. Describe one of the customs that is performed in Eleusis every year.
5. Analyze the relationship between Theseus and his grandfather as Theseus grows from boy to man.
6. Describe how Theseus' parents came together.
7. Explain Theseus' plan to get out of the kingdom without shaming his name.
8. Compare two events where Theseus is somewhat harsh in his mannerisms.
9. Explain how Theseus' chariot crashes on the battlefield.
10. Evaluate the impact of Theseus' relationship with Simo, describing how this relationship helped Theseus to grow.
This section contains 1,214 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)