|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many women had Aigeus been married to before he met Theseus' mother?
2. How does Theseus make the people in the camp feel?
3. Why does Simo make fun of Theseus?
(a) He's slow.
(b) He's small.
(c) He's skinny.
(d) He's large.
4. How is Theseus' grandfather feeling when Theseus comes to visit him?
5. What does Theseus do for his men after they defeat the city?
(a) Throws a banquet for them to celebrate.
(b) Gives them all new weapons.
(c) Allows them a day to do as they please.
(d) Gives them his own rewards, leaving none for himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Theseus a chariot driver?
2. Who is Theseus' mentor?
3. What is the name of Theseus' childhood friend who begs to come with him?
4. What happens to the body of the person that's killed every year in the town?
5. Why does Aigeus command the king and the priestess to keep Theseus' identity hidden?
Short Essay Questions
1. Evaluate how Theseus feels about women, giving two examples.
2. Analyze the relationship between Theseus and Queen Persephone, concentrating on how she makes him feel.
3. Describe the connection between Theseus and Poseidon.
4. Distinguish the difference between Theseus killing the man on the side of the road and his killing Skiron.
5. Define the relationship between Theseus and Xanthos.
6. Analyze the relationship between Theseus and his grandfather as Theseus grows from boy to man.
7. Describe what happens to make Queen Persephone cry in Book 2: Chapter 2.
8. Compare two events where Theseus is somewhat harsh in his mannerisms.
9. Recall what happens when Theseus meets Aigeus for the first time.
10. Explain why Theseus becomes angry with his mother after she tells him to lift the stone.
This section contains 1,249 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)