|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the other boy who comes to serve Poseidon?
2. What is Theseus' house called?
3. Who do the people of the town care more for as their leader?
(a) The King.
(b) The Queen.
(c) The Prince.
(d) The Princess.
4. After Theseus' friend is killed, he comes to a camp of _________.
(b) Traveling gypsies.
(c) Young shepherds.
5. After a quarrel, what does Theseus offer to do for the queen?
(a) To leave the town.
(b) To help her with her problem.
(c) To beat her because she has forgotten that she is a woman.
(d) To buy her something new.
Short Answer Questions
1. What items does Theseus find under the rock?
2. Why does Theseus choose not to travel to Athens on the ship?
3. From what god is Theseus told from birth that he is begotten?
4. What is the relationship of Diokles and Theseus?
5. After Theseus talks to his grandfather, how many days is it until a ship arrives at Troizen to take him to Athens?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Theseus is feeling uneasy the day following Herakles death.
2. Describe two things that Theseus and Dexios encounter on Isthmus Road.
3. Explain why Asterion might have a grievance against Theseus.
4. Explain why the true identity of Theseus' lineage was hidden.
5. Recall how the dancers obtain their bull.
6. Analyze the relationship between Theseus and Aigeus at their first meeting.
7. Distinguish the difference between Theseus killing the man on the side of the road and his killing Skiron.
8. Describe how Theseus' changes the government of Eleusis.
9. Explain why Theseus' bull, Herakles, was acting funny.
10. Evaluate Theseus' actions, concentrating on how much he has matured as king.
This section contains 1,059 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)