|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Theseus decide to make friends with one of the neighboring kingdoms?
(a) To hire servants to work in the fields.
(b) To get them to ask the Eleusians for their help in a war.
(c) To barter weapons.
(d) To trade goods with them.
2. What does the king invite Theseus to drink with him?
(c) Fruit juice.
3. What does the queen's brother try to give Theseus' men after they defeat the city?
(a) A smaller amount of the spoils.
(b) A larger amount of the spoils.
(d) A banquet in their honor.
4. What do the people of the town pick someone to do every year?
(a) Kill the current king.
(b) Sacrifice one of the queen's children.
(c) Select a new queen.
(d) Kill the current queen.
5. What does Theseus and his men come upon at the end of the borders?
(a) The gangs and thieves have rallied themselves to a battlefield to fight.
(b) A deserted battlefield.
(c) The gangs and thieves have come to surrender.
(d) The gangs and thieves have joined forces with another kingdom to fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Theseus' mother ask him to lift the altar stone?
2. Why does Theseus' mother not want Theseus to tell anyone along his journey who he is?
3. What does the king violently stop Theseus from doing?
4. After he returns home from battle, what does Theseus tell the queen?
5. How does Theseus' father agree to treat the people in Eleusis?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe two different ways Persephone tries to have Theseus killed.
2. Analyze the relationship between Theseus and Queen Persephone, concentrating on how she makes him feel.
3. Recall what happens when Theseus meets Aigeus for the first time.
4. Explain how Theseus' chariot crashes on the battlefield.
5. Analyze the relationship between Theseus and Aigeus at their first meeting.
6. Compare two events where Theseus is somewhat harsh in his mannerisms.
7. Describe what happens to make Queen Persephone cry in Book 2: Chapter 2.
8. Evaluate Theseus' actions, concentrating on how much he has matured as king.
9. Recall what the oracle announces about Theseus' journey.
10. Describe how Theseus' changes the government of Eleusis.
This section contains 1,172 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)