Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Theseus continually pray to Poseidon about?
(a) For strength.
(b) A special weapon.
(c) A sign.
(d) For help.
2. Whom does Theseus send away on a boat?
(a) The king of Athens.
(b) The soldiers of Eleusis.
(c) The queen and her children.
(d) The people of Eleusis.
3. When Theseus is 7-years-old, what animal does his grandfather sacrifice in a ceremony?
4. After he returns home from battle, what does Theseus tell the queen?
(a) He wants her to have his baby.
(b) He has to go to Athens to have the king cleanse him of his killing.
(c) He is leaving her and not coming back.
(d) He has to go to Athens to defeat the king.
5. Why does Aigeus ask the king if he can go to the priestess?
(a) He has a great attraction for her and would like to make her his wife.
(b) He wants to become king.
(c) He would like to ask her for advice.
(d) He has no sons of his own and is certain the gods would grant one of this union.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Theseus when he finishes his service to Poseidon?
2. Why did King Minos' men take the smaller boys from Troizen?
3. Who is Theseus' grandfather?
4. In Theseus' dream, what does he use to move the rock?
5. Why does Simo make fun of Theseus?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what happens to make Theseus force the cranes to renew their vows to each other.
2. Recall what the oracle announces about Theseus' journey.
3. Evaluate how Poseidon has affected Theseus' life.
4. Describe how Theseus' changes the government of Eleusis.
5. Recall how Asterion is killed.
6. Evaluate the impact of Theseus' relationship with Simo, describing how this relationship helped Theseus to grow.
7. Explain what the old woman in Aigeus' kingdom says to Theseus.
8. Recall what happens when Theseus meets Aigeus for the first time.
9. Distinguish the difference between Theseus killing the man on the side of the road and his killing Skiron.
10. Justify why Theseus obeys Poseidon's command.
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)