|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Theseus' mother reveal to be his father?
(d) King Pittheus.
2. How many women had Aigeus been married to before he met Theseus' mother?
3. Who do the people of the town care more for as their leader?
(a) The Queen.
(b) The King.
(c) The Prince.
(d) The Princess.
4. Whom do Theseus and his friend run into as they begin their journey?
(a) Robbers and thieves.
(c) Old friends from home.
5. What does Theseus do to the man who kills his friend?
(a) He does nothing.
(b) He kills him.
(c) He follows him, but the man gets away.
(d) He wounds him badly but lets him leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the road on which Theseus travels to Athens?
2. Who does Theseus find to leave his sword?
3. After a quarrel, what does Theseus offer to do for the queen?
4. Why must the entire town watch Theseus and the queen?
5. Who does Theseus go to war against?
Short Essay Questions
1. Analyze the relationship between Theseus and his grandfather as Theseus grows from boy to man.
2. Evaluate Theseus' actions, concentrating on how much he has matured as king.
3. Analyze the relationship between Theseus and Queen Persephone, concentrating on how she makes him feel.
4. Define the relationship between Theseus and Xanthos.
5. Recall a situation in Chapters 1-4 where Theseus' pride gets in the way.
6. Distinguish the difference between Theseus killing the man on the side of the road and his killing Skiron.
7. Describe what happens to make Queen Persephone cry in Book 2: Chapter 2.
8. Describe how Theseus' parents came together.
9. Explain Theseus' plan to get out of the kingdom without shaming his name.
10. Explain the importance of Theseus' dream after a harper comes to the palace.
This section contains 1,233 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)