|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Theseus do to the chariot driver?
(a) He shows mercy and lets him go.
(b) He ties him to a tree and leaves him.
(c) He makes him his slave.
(d) He kills him.
2. Who does Theseus find to leave his sword?
(a) He can't find anyone he trusts.
(d) The queen.
3. What does Theseus decide to do about revealing his true identity to the king?
(a) He decides to tell him right away.
(b) He decides not to tell him.
(c) He can't decide.
(d) He decides to wait.
4. How many men is Theseus bringing to help in his father's war?
(a) Five hundred men.
(b) Five thousand men.
(c) A thousand men.
(d) Three thousand men.
5. Who is the queen of the town Theseus travels to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the town ruled by?
2. How old is Theseus when he is sent to begin his service to Poseidon?
3. As Theseus heads back to his people, what does he discover the queen ordered?
4. What age is Theseus as he narrates the story?
5. From what god is Theseus told from birth that he is begotten?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Theseus' changes the government of Eleusis.
2. Explain why Theseus becomes angry with his mother after she tells him to lift the stone.
3. Evaluate how Theseus feels about women, giving two examples.
4. Describe two different ways Persephone tries to have Theseus killed.
5. Explain the importance of Theseus' dream after a harper comes to the palace.
6. Describe two things that Theseus and Dexios encounter on Isthmus Road.
7. Distinguish the difference between Theseus killing the man on the side of the road and his killing Skiron.
8. Recall a situation in Chapters 1-4 where Theseus' pride gets in the way.
9. Evaluate Theseus' actions, concentrating on how much he has matured as king.
10. Describe how Xanthos tries to undermine Theseus after the first battle.
This section contains 1,121 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)