|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the queen's brother try to give Theseus' men after they defeat the city?
(a) A larger amount of the spoils.
(c) A smaller amount of the spoils.
(d) A banquet in their honor.
2. Why does Theseus' mother call on an oracle to look at Theseus' journey?
(a) She wants to know if he'll be successful.
(b) She's worried for his safety.
(c) She wants to be able to tell him his future.
(d) She is hoping he will find gold.
3. What does Theseus do to the man who kills his friend?
(a) He does nothing.
(b) He wounds him badly but lets him leave.
(c) He kills him.
(d) He follows him, but the man gets away.
4. How old is Theseus when he is sent to begin his service to Poseidon?
(a) 10 years old.
(b) 13 years old.
(c) 8 years old.
(d) 16 years old.
5. What does the queen announce the oracle has proclaimed about Theseus' coming?
(a) He's come to marry the queen.
(b) He's come to kill the current king.
(c) He's come to pay homage to the king and queen.
(d) He's come to destroy the town.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Theseus when he finishes his service to Poseidon?
2. Who is Theseus' mentor?
3. What is the name of the first castle Theseus comes to?
4. In Theseus' dream, what does he use to move the rock?
5. What is the name of the next town Theseus travels to after leaving the camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship between Theseus and Kannadis, concentrating on how Kannadis helps Theseus to understand Poseidon.
2. Describe what happens to make Queen Persephone cry in Book 2: Chapter 2.
3. Recall what happens when Theseus meets Aigeus for the first time.
4. Explain the importance of Theseus' dream after a harper comes to the palace.
5. Define the relationship between Theseus and Xanthos.
6. Recall a situation in Chapters 1-4 where Theseus' pride gets in the way.
7. Describe how Theseus' parents came together.
8. Explain Theseus' plan to get out of the kingdom without shaming his name.
9. Explain why Theseus chose not to go on the ship where his grandfather had attained him a spot .
10. Explain why the true identity of Theseus' lineage was hidden.
This section contains 1,102 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)