|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Theseus' house called?
2. What do the people of the town pick someone to do every year?
(a) Kill the current queen.
(b) Select a new queen.
(c) Sacrifice one of the queen's children.
(d) Kill the current king.
3. What is the name of the king's woman?
4. What does Theseus and his men come upon at the end of the borders?
(a) The gangs and thieves have come to surrender.
(b) A deserted battlefield.
(c) The gangs and thieves have joined forces with another kingdom to fight.
(d) The gangs and thieves have rallied themselves to a battlefield to fight.
5. How many women had Aigeus been married to before he met Theseus' mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why must the entire town watch Theseus and the queen?
2. What does the king violently stop Theseus from doing?
3. Who is Theseus' grandfather?
4. Why did King Minos' men take the smaller boys from Troizen?
5. How old is Theseus when he finishes his service to Poseidon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Distinguish the difference between Theseus killing the man on the side of the road and his killing Skiron.
2. Describe what happens to make Queen Persephone cry in Book 2: Chapter 2.
3. Describe the relationship between Theseus and Kannadis, concentrating on how Kannadis helps Theseus to understand Poseidon.
4. Explain the significance of Theseus' grandfather sacrificing the king horse.
5. Describe how Xanthos tries to undermine Theseus after the first battle.
6. Define the relationship between Theseus and Xanthos.
7. Explain why Theseus becomes angry with his mother after she tells him to lift the stone.
8. Recall a situation in Chapters 1-4 where Theseus' pride gets in the way.
9. Analyze the relationship between Theseus and his grandfather as Theseus grows from boy to man.
10. Explain how Theseus' chariot crashes on the battlefield.
This section contains 1,134 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)