|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Theseus send away on a boat?
(a) The people of Eleusis.
(b) The soldiers of Eleusis.
(c) The queen and her children.
(d) The king of Athens.
2. Why does Theseus' chariot crash?
(a) Another chariot crashed into Theseus' chariot.
(b) Theseus was run off course by the opposing army.
(c) Theseus' driver was driving recklessly.
(d) One of the bronze lynch pins in Theseus' chariot had been replaced with a wax one.
3. After he returns home from battle, what does Theseus tell the queen?
(a) He wants her to have his baby.
(b) He has to go to Athens to have the king cleanse him of his killing.
(c) He has to go to Athens to defeat the king.
(d) He is leaving her and not coming back.
4. What does Theseus continually pray to Poseidon about?
(a) For strength.
(b) A special weapon.
(c) A sign.
(d) For help.
5. What is the name of the first castle Theseus comes to?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Theseus when he finishes his service to Poseidon?
2. Why does Aigeus command the king and the priestess to keep Theseus' identity hidden?
3. How many men is Theseus bringing to help in his father's war?
4. Who is the ruler of the neighboring kingdom?
5. What is the relationship of Diokles and Theseus?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe two different ways Persephone tries to have Theseus killed.
2. Explain the importance of Theseus' dream after a harper comes to the palace.
3. Describe how Theseus' parents came together.
4. Analyze the relationship between Theseus and Aigeus at their first meeting.
5. Describe two things that Theseus and Dexios encounter on Isthmus Road.
6. Describe what happens to make Queen Persephone cry in Book 2: Chapter 2.
7. Analyze the relationship between Theseus and Queen Persephone, concentrating on how she makes him feel.
8. Define the relationship between Theseus and Xanthos.
9. Explain why Theseus chose not to go on the ship where his grandfather had attained him a spot .
10. Recall what the oracle announces about Theseus' journey.
This section contains 1,020 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)