|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the next town Theseus travels to after leaving the camp?
2. Who requested the death of Theseus?
3. Where does Theseus' father rule?
4. Why did King Minos' men take the smaller boys from Troizen?
(a) To be slaves for entertainment to run with the bulls.
(b) To work in the fields as laborers.
(c) To punish the people of Troizen.
(d) To train them to be soldiers.
5. Why does Aigeus command the king and the priestess to keep Theseus' identity hidden?
(a) To raise him as a peasant.
(b) To enable him to have more sons.
(c) To keep him from overtaking the throne.
(d) To keep him safe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Theseus send away on a boat?
2. How old is Theseus when he is sent to begin his service to Poseidon?
3. What does Theseus decide to do about revealing his true identity to the king?
4. What is the name of the first castle Theseus comes to?
5. Who does Theseus' mother reveal to be his father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Evaluate the impact of Theseus' relationship with Simo, describing how this relationship helped Theseus to grow.
2. Describe one of the customs that is performed in Eleusis every year.
3. Recall what the oracle announces about Theseus' journey.
4. Distinguish the difference between Theseus killing the man on the side of the road and his killing Skiron.
5. Analyze the relationship between Theseus and Queen Persephone, concentrating on how she makes him feel.
6. Analyze the relationship between Theseus and his grandfather as Theseus grows from boy to man.
7. Explain why the true identity of Theseus' lineage was hidden.
8. Explain Theseus' plan to get out of the kingdom without shaming his name.
9. Evaluate Theseus' actions, concentrating on how much he has matured as king.
10. Evaluate how Theseus feels about women, giving two examples.
This section contains 1,172 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)