|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Theseus talks to his grandfather, how many days is it until a ship arrives at Troizen to take him to Athens?
(a) Seven days.
(b) Fourteen days.
(c) Thirty days.
(d) Three days.
2. Why does Theseus decide to make friends with one of the neighboring kingdoms?
(a) To get them to ask the Eleusians for their help in a war.
(b) To barter weapons.
(c) To trade goods with them.
(d) To hire servants to work in the fields.
3. What do the people of the town pick someone to do every year?
(a) Kill the current king.
(b) Select a new queen.
(c) Sacrifice one of the queen's children.
(d) Kill the current queen.
4. What does Theseus continually pray to Poseidon about?
(a) A special weapon.
(b) For strength.
(c) A sign.
(d) For help.
5. After he returns home from battle, what does Theseus tell the queen?
(a) He has to go to Athens to have the king cleanse him of his killing.
(b) He wants her to have his baby.
(c) He has to go to Athens to defeat the king.
(d) He is leaving her and not coming back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the king's woman?
2. After Theseus' friend is killed, he comes to a camp of _________.
3. How does the queen act when Theseus leaves for battle?
4. What does Theseus discover when reaching the palace?
5. From what god is Theseus told from birth that he is begotten?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what Theseus does that makes Ariadne cry in Book 4: Chapter 7.
2. Describe the connection between Theseus and Poseidon.
3. Describe what happens to make Queen Persephone cry in Book 2: Chapter 2.
4. Describe how Theseus' changes the government of Eleusis.
5. Explain how Theseus' chariot crashes on the battlefield.
6. Describe two different ways Persephone tries to have Theseus killed.
7. Evaluate how Poseidon has affected Theseus' life.
8. Explain why Theseus is chosen to be the leader of the cranes.
9. Describe what Theseus and the cranes do to cause a scene when they arrive at Crete.
10. Define the relationship between Theseus and Xanthos.
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)