|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Theseus do to the chariot driver?
(a) He shows mercy and lets him go.
(b) He kills him.
(c) He makes him his slave.
(d) He ties him to a tree and leaves him.
2. How does the queen act when Theseus leaves for battle?
3. Why does Theseus choose not to travel to Athens on the ship?
(a) He gets very sick on ships.
(b) He's offended by the words of the ship's captain.
(c) He believes it would be faster to travel on land.
(d) He realizes that the ship is not big enough.
4. Who does Theseus' mother reveal to be his father?
(a) King Pittheus.
5. What is the name of the first castle Theseus comes to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship of Diokles and Theseus?
2. Why does Aigeus ask the king if he can go to the priestess?
3. Who seeks to take the throne from Aigeus?
4. What do the people of the town believe must happen every year?
5. How does Theseus' grandfather feel when he learns Theseus didn't go on the ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. Justify why Theseus obeys Poseidon's command.
2. Describe two things that Theseus and Dexios encounter on Isthmus Road.
3. Describe the connection between Theseus and Poseidon.
4. Describe one of the customs that is performed in Eleusis every year.
5. Describe how Xanthos tries to undermine Theseus after the first battle.
6. Describe what King Aigeus does after seeing Theseus' ship returning to Athens.
7. Explain why Theseus is feeling uneasy the day following Herakles death.
8. Explain what Theseus learns about the customs and prophesies of the Creates.
9. Define the relationship between Theseus and the cranes.
10. Define the relationship between Theseus and Xanthos.
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)