|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Simo make fun of Theseus?
(a) He's skinny.
(b) He's slow.
(c) He's small.
(d) He's large.
2. What do the people of the town pick someone to do every year?
(a) Kill the current queen.
(b) Sacrifice one of the queen's children.
(c) Select a new queen.
(d) Kill the current king.
3. What does the queen do after her fight with Theseus?
(a) She demands an apology.
(b) She gets angry and leaves.
(c) She becomes silent and submissive.
(d) She breaks down crying.
4. Of what city is Theseus' mother the chief priestess?
5. Who seeks to take the throne from Aigeus?
(a) His two brothers.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His sister.
(d) His uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Theseus' house called?
2. Who is Theseus' mentor?
3. What is the name of the next town Theseus travels to after leaving the camp?
4. Who requested the death of Theseus?
5. What does Theseus decide to do about revealing his true identity to the king?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Theseus' changes the government of Eleusis.
2. Explain why the true identity of Theseus' lineage was hidden.
3. Explain how Theseus' chariot crashes on the battlefield.
4. Describe one of the customs that is performed in Eleusis every year.
5. Analyze the relationship between Theseus and Queen Persephone, concentrating on how she makes him feel.
6. Define the relationship between Theseus and Xanthos.
7. Analyze the relationship between Theseus and Aigeus at their first meeting.
8. Describe two things that Theseus and Dexios encounter on Isthmus Road.
9. Describe two different ways Persephone tries to have Theseus killed.
10. Recall a situation in Chapters 1-4 where Theseus' pride gets in the way.
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)