|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the bull after the dance?
(a) The bull falls in the dirt and dies.
(b) The bull is never used in bull dancing again.
(c) The bull is injured.
(d) The bull is sacrificed.
2. Who does Theseus watch at the bull fight and decides she is human?
(a) Sea Goddess.
(b) Earth Goddess.
(c) Moon Goddess.
(d) Spirit Goddess.
3. Who tells Theseus that the gods favor him?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(d) An old woman.
4. Why is the bull never to be killed or hurt?
(a) It would bring bad luck to the kingdom.
(b) He is the queen's favorite animal.
(c) He is the king's favorite animal.
(d) The god dwells in him.
5. As a bull dancer, what does Theseus decide he wants to be?
(a) A catcher.
(b) A leaper.
(c) A chaser.
(d) A dancer.
6. Why does Theseus' father send an invitation to Theseus?
(a) To invite Theseus' mother to come live in Athens.
(b) To invite him to a banquet in his honor.
(c) To invite Theseus' mother to a party.
(d) To invite him to the celebration of his new son's birth.
7. How do the people of Crete treat Theseus and his kinsmen when they arrive?
(a) They are mocked and ridiculed.
(b) They are nervous and shy.
(c) They are prodded and pinched like cattle.
(d) They are applauded and followed around the city.
8. How did the queen of Crete treat her son when he was young?
(a) He was treated as an outcast and told he was nasty.
(b) He was liked but not favored.
(c) He was held dear by his mother.
(d) He was ignored but not treated badly.
9. What angered Poseidon?
(a) Theseus' father put Theseus' name in the drawing.
(b) Theseus' father kept Theseus' name out of the drawing.
(c) Theseus' father dishonored him.
(d) Theseus dishonored him.
10. Who is going to send a message to Theseus' father, asking for help in stopping the son of the king of Crete?
(d) A bard who's singing in the palace.
11. After three months of bull dancing, who calls Theseus to his home to dine?
12. What does the man who slapped Theseus across the face call Poseidon?
(a) King of the sea.
(b) Father of the sea.
13. What does Theseus learn about the king's son from the other bull dancers?
(a) That the man wants to save Theseus.
(b) That the man is not the King's real son.
(c) That the man is the King's son.
(d) That the man wants to kill Theseus.
14. What does one of the girl dancers confess to Theseus?
(a) She wants to die first.
(b) She is bull shy.
(c) She wants to be a leaper.
(d) She is terrified of the bull.
15. How is Theseus feeling while waiting to hear news of the king's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the girl wearing a goddess outfit in Crete that Theseus is attracted to?
2. How did Theseus ruin the symbol by retrieving the item?
3. Why won't Theseus go to his lover the night before the bull dance?
4. What is the king wearing when the Theseus and his kinsmen first see him in the House of the Axe?
5. What is the name of the bull god?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)