|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the girl wearing a goddess outfit in Crete that Theseus is attracted to?
2. What does Theseus think of the person who tells him the gods favor him?
(a) This person is gentle and kind.
(b) This person is funny.
(c) This person is cruel.
(d) This person is old and senile.
3. As a bull dancer, what does Theseus decide he wants to be?
(a) A dancer.
(b) A catcher.
(c) A leaper.
(d) A chaser.
4. How do the people of Crete treat Theseus and his kinsmen when they arrive?
(a) They are applauded and followed around the city.
(b) They are mocked and ridiculed.
(c) They are prodded and pinched like cattle.
(d) They are nervous and shy.
5. Who is the man that threw the item in the sea for Theseus to retrieve?
6. What does Theseus and his kinsmen practice on the ship?
(b) Speed drills.
(d) A dance.
7. Who does Theseus' lover take him to see in a secret lair under the palace?
(a) The queen.
8. What is one place that Theseus finds useful on his way to meet his lover?
(a) The records room.
(b) The library.
(c) The gold treasury.
(d) The ancient armory.
9. What name does Theseus and his kinsmen decide to call themselves?
10. Why does Theseus' father send an invitation to Theseus?
(a) To invite him to a banquet in his honor.
(b) To invite Theseus' mother to a party.
(c) To invite Theseus' mother to come live in Athens.
(d) To invite him to the celebration of his new son's birth.
11. For what have the Crete men come to Athens?
(a) To barter goods.
(b) To start a war.
(c) A tribute of men and women.
(d) A tribute of young boys and girls.
12. In the first three months, how many members do the cranes lose bull dancing?
13. What does Theseus learn about the king's son from the other bull dancers?
(a) That the man wants to kill Theseus.
(b) That the man wants to save Theseus.
(c) That the man is not the King's real son.
(d) That the man is the King's son.
14. What is Theseus offered at the dinner party?
(a) Sword and shield.
(b) Gold and jewels.
(c) Horse and chariot.
(d) His freedom.
15. What gift does Theseus' father give him?
(a) A chariot and horses.
(b) A ship.
(c) A sword and shield.
(d) A castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Theseus kill the king?
2. Who are the children of the king and queen of Crete?
3. What happens to Theseus after the bull dance?
4. What does Theseus' father want to do for Theseus' birthday?
5. What angered Poseidon?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)