|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gave the bull medicine to make him mad?
2. After Theseus and his kinsmen have practiced and before they are ready for their dance, who comes to check on them?
3. How did Theseus ruin the symbol by retrieving the item?
(a) He disrespected the sea.
(b) He disrupted his destiny.
(c) He wed himself to the sea.
(d) He dishonored the king.
4. Why do the people of Crete come to watch the bull dancers train?
(a) To heckle and taunt them.
(b) To encourage them.
(c) To make bets.
(d) To be entertained.
5. What color of flag does Theseus' father ask Theseus to run up on the ship if he returns?
6. What happens when Theseus and his kinsmen are allowed to watch the bull dance?
(a) The bull is wounded.
(b) They see a boy die.
(c) The dancer is wounded.
(d) The bull is killed.
7. During the bull dance, where do Theseus and another of the dancers get caught?
(a) Cornered against the wall by the bull.
(b) In the bull's horns.
(c) In the bull's front legs.
(d) Underneath the bull.
8. What does one of the girl dancers confess to Theseus?
(a) She is bull shy.
(b) She wants to die first.
(c) She wants to be a leaper.
(d) She is terrified of the bull.
9. As a bull dancer, what does Theseus decide he wants to be?
(a) A catcher.
(b) A dancer.
(c) A leaper.
(d) A chaser.
10. Why does Theseus not accept the gifts at the dinner party?
(a) He is royal blood and can't accept gifts from a man that struck him.
(b) He is disgraced and feels unworthy.
(c) He is angry and does not want them.
(d) He is a slave and he's unable to accept.
11. What does Theseus and his kinsmen practice on the ship?
(a) Speed drills.
(c) A dance.
12. Why does the king ask Theseus to take his life?
(a) To end his suffering.
(b) So his son will be unable to gain the crown.
(c) So his daughter can gain the crown.
(d) To fool others into believing the king's son killed the king.
13. Where does Theseus go after killing the king?
(a) To his lover's chambers.
(b) To practice bull dancing.
(c) To meet with his kinsmen.
(d) Back to his own bed.
14. Who is the man that threw the item in the sea for Theseus to retrieve?
15. Who are the children of the king and queen of Crete?
(a) Theseus and Asterion.
(b) Asterion and Ariadne.
(c) Herakles and Corinth.
(d) Ariadne and Herakles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the bull god?
2. What happens to Theseus after the bull dance?
3. What does Theseus think of the person who tells him the gods favor him?
4. What is the name of the palace where the bull dancers will be training?
5. What is the name of the bull dancer who jumps up and over the bull?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)