|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the first three months, how many members do the cranes lose bull dancing?
2. What two things will end the bull dancing?
(a) The bull dies or the dancer decides to stop.
(b) The bull is too tired to chase or the dancer dies by the bull.
(c) The bull dies or the dancer gets tired.
(d) The bull is wounded or the dancer is wounded.
3. How did the queen of Crete treat her daughter when she was young?
(a) She was treated as an outcast and told she was nasty.
(b) She was treated as very special and loved.
(c) She was ignored but not treated badly.
(d) She was held dear by her mother.
4. What does Theseus' father want to do for Theseus' birthday?
(a) Create a monument in his honor.
(b) Go on a trip.
(c) Have a great feast.
(d) Have a ceremony in his honor.
5. After three months of bull dancing, who calls Theseus to his home to dine?
6. Why is the bull never to be killed or hurt?
(a) The god dwells in him.
(b) He is the queen's favorite animal.
(c) He is the king's favorite animal.
(d) It would bring bad luck to the kingdom.
7. While training to become a bull dancer, what does Theseus beg Poseidon to make him?
(a) A bull catcher.
(b) A bull leaper.
(c) A bull chaser.
(d) A bull dancer.
8. How long does the war last?
(a) A year.
(b) Two years.
(c) Six months.
(d) Nearly a month.
9. How many months will the bull dancers have to train?
(a) One month.
(b) Three months.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two weeks.
10. How did Theseus ruin the symbol by retrieving the item?
(a) He disrespected the sea.
(b) He dishonored the king.
(c) He wed himself to the sea.
(d) He disrupted his destiny.
11. What is the life expectancy of a bull dancer?
(a) Three months.
(b) Six months.
(c) One month.
(d) Twelve months.
12. Why are Theseus and the bull dancers smuggling things?
(a) They are planning to take a stand against the king's son.
(b) They want to become wealthy.
(c) They are planning on helping all of the bull dancers.
(d) They are planning on escaping.
13. What does Theseus name their bull?
14. Why does the king ask Theseus to take his life?
(a) So his daughter can gain the crown.
(b) So his son will be unable to gain the crown.
(c) To end his suffering.
(d) To fool others into believing the king's son killed the king.
15. What does Theseus learn about the king's son from the other bull dancers?
(a) That the man is the King's son.
(b) That the man wants to kill Theseus.
(c) That the man is not the King's real son.
(d) That the man wants to save Theseus.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a bull dancer, what does Theseus decide he wants to be?
2. Who calls Theseus to a secret meeting chamber?
3. For what have the Crete men come to Athens?
4. Why is Theseus proclaimed the leader of the bull dancers in Crete?
5. Who does Theseus' lover take him to see in a secret lair under the palace?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)