|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wants the king of Crete to die and is the one who is believed to have infected him?
(a) The queen.
2. What does Theseus name their bull?
3. Why are Theseus and the bull dancers smuggling things?
(a) They are planning on escaping.
(b) They are planning to take a stand against the king's son.
(c) They want to become wealthy.
(d) They are planning on helping all of the bull dancers.
4. What happens to Theseus after the bull dance?
(a) He is banished from bull dancing.
(b) He is hurt but lives.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He is killed.
5. In what month are Theseus and his kinsmen allowed to see a bull dance for the first time?
(a) Second month.
(b) Fourth month.
(c) Third month.
(d) First month.
6. Why does the king ask Theseus to take his life?
(a) To fool others into believing the king's son killed the king.
(b) To end his suffering.
(c) So his daughter can gain the crown.
(d) So his son will be unable to gain the crown.
7. How did Theseus ruin the symbol by retrieving the item?
(a) He disrespected the sea.
(b) He disrupted his destiny.
(c) He dishonored the king.
(d) He wed himself to the sea.
8. What gift does Theseus' father give him?
(a) A ship.
(b) A chariot and horses.
(c) A sword and shield.
(d) A castle.
9. Why does Theseus' father send an invitation to Theseus?
(a) To invite Theseus' mother to a party.
(b) To invite him to the celebration of his new son's birth.
(c) To invite Theseus' mother to come live in Athens.
(d) To invite him to a banquet in his honor.
10. What does the man who slapped Theseus across the face call Poseidon?
(c) King of the sea.
(d) Father of the sea.
11. Where does Theseus go after killing the king?
(a) To meet with his kinsmen.
(b) To his lover's chambers.
(c) To practice bull dancing.
(d) Back to his own bed.
12. What does Theseus and his kinsmen practice on the ship?
(a) Speed drills.
(d) A dance.
13. Who does the queen sleep with that angers the king?
(a) His brother.
(b) His best friend.
(c) A young bull dancer.
(d) A rival king.
14. Theseus has heard that if a dancer lasts _____ years the goddess sets them free.
15. After Theseus and his kinsmen have practiced and before they are ready for their dance, who comes to check on them?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the queen of Crete treat her son when he was young?
2. How do the people of Crete treat Theseus and his kinsmen when they arrive?
3. While training to become a bull dancer, what does Theseus beg Poseidon to make him?
4. Why won't Theseus go to his lover the night before the bull dance?
5. Who does Theseus watch at the bull fight and decides she is human?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)