|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Theseus and the bull dancers smuggle and begin to hide?
2. Why is Theseus proclaimed the leader of the bull dancers in Crete?
(a) He is heir to the throne.
(b) He was the one that gave himself to the gods.
(c) He is the bravest.
(d) He is the strongest.
3. Who does Theseus watch at the bull fight and decides she is human?
(a) Moon Goddess.
(b) Earth Goddess.
(c) Spirit Goddess.
(d) Sea Goddess.
4. For what have the Crete men come to Athens?
(a) A tribute of men and women.
(b) A tribute of young boys and girls.
(c) To barter goods.
(d) To start a war.
5. Why does Theseus take a different path every night on the way to meet his lover?
(a) So he can map out several places that he might need later on.
(b) To make sure no one is following him.
(c) To strengthen his body for bull dancing.
(d) To ward off bad spirits.
6. What angered Poseidon?
(a) Theseus dishonored him.
(b) Theseus' father dishonored him.
(c) Theseus' father kept Theseus' name out of the drawing.
(d) Theseus' father put Theseus' name in the drawing.
7. What does Theseus' father want to do for Theseus' birthday?
(a) Have a great feast.
(b) Create a monument in his honor.
(c) Go on a trip.
(d) Have a ceremony in his honor.
8. What does one of the girl dancers confess to Theseus?
(a) She wants to be a leaper.
(b) She is bull shy.
(c) She is terrified of the bull.
(d) She wants to die first.
9. What is the name of the bull god?
10. Why does Theseus' lover begin to cry?
(a) Theseus struck her.
(b) She believes he's worthy to be a king of an entire kingdom.
(c) She feels guilty for being with Theseus.
(d) She and Theseus have quarreled.
11. What is the life expectancy of a bull dancer?
(a) Six months.
(b) Twelve months.
(c) Three months.
(d) One month.
12. In the first three months, how many members do the cranes lose bull dancing?
13. Who does the queen sleep with that angers the king?
(a) A young bull dancer.
(b) His best friend.
(c) His brother.
(d) A rival king.
14. Who does Theseus' lover take him to see in a secret lair under the palace?
(c) The queen.
15. Why are Theseus and the bull dancers smuggling things?
(a) They are planning to take a stand against the king's son.
(b) They are planning on escaping.
(c) They want to become wealthy.
(d) They are planning on helping all of the bull dancers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the bull after the dance?
2. Where does Theseus go after killing the king?
3. Who are the children of the king and queen of Crete?
4. After three months of bull dancing, who calls Theseus to his home to dine?
5. Who tells Theseus that the gods favor him?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)