|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Theseus troubled by the king's son checking up on him during the bull dancer training?
(a) He thinks he'll keep him from being a catcher.
(b) He thinks he'll keep him from being a chaser.
(c) He thinks he'll keep him from being a dancer.
(d) He thinks he'll keep him from being a leaper.
2. Why is Theseus proclaimed the leader of the bull dancers in Crete?
(a) He is the strongest.
(b) He was the one that gave himself to the gods.
(c) He is the bravest.
(d) He is heir to the throne.
3. What does Theseus think of the person who tells him the gods favor him?
(a) This person is funny.
(b) This person is gentle and kind.
(c) This person is old and senile.
(d) This person is cruel.
4. Who wants the king of Crete to die and is the one who is believed to have infected him?
(b) The queen.
5. Where are Theseus and his kinsmen living in Crete?
(a) A house in the country.
(b) The castle.
(c) The dungeons.
(d) The Bull Court.
6. Who gave the bull medicine to make him mad?
7. Why are Theseus and the bull dancers smuggling things?
(a) They are planning on helping all of the bull dancers.
(b) They are planning on escaping.
(c) They want to become wealthy.
(d) They are planning to take a stand against the king's son.
8. Why does Theseus not accept the gifts at the dinner party?
(a) He is royal blood and can't accept gifts from a man that struck him.
(b) He is angry and does not want them.
(c) He is a slave and he's unable to accept.
(d) He is disgraced and feels unworthy.
9. What happens in the last month of bull dancer training?
(a) They go to the pasture to get a bull, but they don't get to pick.
(b) They practice dancing with the bulls.
(c) They must fight to see who will dance first with the bull.
(d) They get to pick their bull.
10. Who is the man that threw the item in the sea for Theseus to retrieve?
11. What disease afflicts the king of Crete?
(b) Lyme disease.
(d) Heart disease.
12. Why won't Theseus go to his lover the night before the bull dance?
(a) He must keep his pledge to his fellow cranes.
(b) He no longer desires her.
(c) He must stay away because he's being followed.
(d) He is angry with her.
13. Why does Theseus take a different path every night on the way to meet his lover?
(a) To make sure no one is following him.
(b) To strengthen his body for bull dancing.
(c) So he can map out several places that he might need later on.
(d) To ward off bad spirits.
14. What happens to Theseus after the bull dance?
(a) He is hurt but lives.
(b) He is killed.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He is banished from bull dancing.
15. During the bull dance, where do Theseus and another of the dancers get caught?
(a) In the bull's horns.
(b) Underneath the bull.
(c) Cornered against the wall by the bull.
(d) In the bull's front legs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Theseus offered at the dinner party?
2. How is Theseus feeling while waiting to hear news of the king's death?
3. Theseus has heard that if a dancer lasts _____ years the goddess sets them free.
4. What is the name of the girl wearing a goddess outfit in Crete that Theseus is attracted to?
5. For what have the Crete men come to Athens?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)