|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does Theseus kill the king?
(a) Sacred dagger.
(b) Sacred sword.
(c) Sacred ax.
(d) Sacred arrow.
2. Why does the king ask Theseus to take his life?
(a) So his daughter can gain the crown.
(b) To end his suffering.
(c) To fool others into believing the king's son killed the king.
(d) So his son will be unable to gain the crown.
3. Who tells Theseus that the gods favor him?
(a) His mother.
(b) An old woman.
(c) His father.
4. In what month are the bull dancers trained to leap and do cartwheels?
(a) Third month.
(b) First month.
(c) Fourth month.
(d) Second month.
5. What two things will end the bull dancing?
(a) The bull dies or the dancer decides to stop.
(b) The bull is wounded or the dancer is wounded.
(c) The bull dies or the dancer gets tired.
(d) The bull is too tired to chase or the dancer dies by the bull.
6. What is the name of the girl wearing a goddess outfit in Crete that Theseus is attracted to?
7. In what month are Theseus and his kinsmen allowed to see a bull dance for the first time?
(a) Third month.
(b) Fourth month.
(c) Second month.
(d) First month.
8. What disease afflicts the king of Crete?
(a) Heart disease.
(d) Lyme disease.
9. After arriving in Crete, what does the man who slapped Theseus across the face throw into the ocean?
(a) His ring.
(b) His sword.
(c) His shoe.
(d) A stone.
10. What is the name of the man who Theseus think is coming to punish him because he retrieved the item out of the sea?
11. How long does the war last?
(a) Six months.
(b) Two years.
(c) Nearly a month.
(d) A year.
12. Why does Theseus' father send an invitation to Theseus?
(a) To invite him to a banquet in his honor.
(b) To invite Theseus' mother to come live in Athens.
(c) To invite Theseus' mother to a party.
(d) To invite him to the celebration of his new son's birth.
13. Why won't Theseus go to his lover the night before the bull dance?
(a) He must keep his pledge to his fellow cranes.
(b) He must stay away because he's being followed.
(c) He no longer desires her.
(d) He is angry with her.
14. Who does Theseus watch at the bull fight and decides she is human?
(a) Moon Goddess.
(b) Sea Goddess.
(c) Earth Goddess.
(d) Spirit Goddess.
15. What name does Theseus and his kinsmen decide to call themselves?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the bull never to be killed or hurt?
2. How did the queen of Crete treat her daughter when she was young?
3. Who are the children of the king and queen of Crete?
4. What do Theseus and the bull dancers smuggle and begin to hide?
5. What color of flag does Theseus' father ask Theseus to run up on the ship if he returns?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)