|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month are the bull dancers trained to leap and do cartwheels?
(a) Fourth month.
(b) Third month.
(c) Second month.
(d) First month.
2. What is the name of the girl wearing a goddess outfit in Crete that Theseus is attracted to?
3. Why is Theseus proclaimed the leader of the bull dancers in Crete?
(a) He is the strongest.
(b) He is the bravest.
(c) He is heir to the throne.
(d) He was the one that gave himself to the gods.
4. Who are the children of the king and queen of Crete?
(a) Ariadne and Herakles.
(b) Theseus and Asterion.
(c) Herakles and Corinth.
(d) Asterion and Ariadne.
5. Why do the people of Crete come to watch the bull dancers train?
(a) To encourage them.
(b) To be entertained.
(c) To make bets.
(d) To heckle and taunt them.
6. What does Theseus think of the person who tells him the gods favor him?
(a) This person is cruel.
(b) This person is old and senile.
(c) This person is gentle and kind.
(d) This person is funny.
7. What happens when Theseus and his kinsmen are allowed to watch the bull dance?
(a) The bull is killed.
(b) The dancer is wounded.
(c) The bull is wounded.
(d) They see a boy die.
8. Why does Theseus take a different path every night on the way to meet his lover?
(a) To ward off bad spirits.
(b) To make sure no one is following him.
(c) To strengthen his body for bull dancing.
(d) So he can map out several places that he might need later on.
9. Who wants the king of Crete to die and is the one who is believed to have infected him?
(d) The queen.
10. What does Theseus learn about the king's son from the other bull dancers?
(a) That the man wants to kill Theseus.
(b) That the man is the King's son.
(c) That the man wants to save Theseus.
(d) That the man is not the King's real son.
11. While training to become a bull dancer, what does Theseus beg Poseidon to make him?
(a) A bull dancer.
(b) A bull leaper.
(c) A bull catcher.
(d) A bull chaser.
12. What is the name of the man who Theseus think is coming to punish him because he retrieved the item out of the sea?
13. How did Theseus ruin the symbol by retrieving the item?
(a) He wed himself to the sea.
(b) He disrupted his destiny.
(c) He dishonored the king.
(d) He disrespected the sea.
14. What is Theseus and the other cranes considered to be?
15. Who calls Theseus to a secret meeting chamber?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Theseus and his kinsmen practice on the ship?
2. What is the name of the palace where the bull dancers will be training?
3. What angered Poseidon?
4. What name does Theseus and his kinsmen decide to call themselves?
5. What is one place that Theseus finds useful on his way to meet his lover?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)