|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Theseus troubled by the king's son checking up on him during the bull dancer training?
(a) He thinks he'll keep him from being a chaser.
(b) He thinks he'll keep him from being a dancer.
(c) He thinks he'll keep him from being a catcher.
(d) He thinks he'll keep him from being a leaper.
2. What is the name of the palace where the bull dancers will be training?
3. What is the name of the bull god?
4. What does Theseus name their bull?
5. What does Theseus and his kinsmen practice on the ship?
(b) Speed drills.
(c) A dance.
6. What happens to Theseus after the bull dance?
(a) He is banished from bull dancing.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He is hurt but lives.
(d) He is killed.
7. Who are the children of the king and queen of Crete?
(a) Herakles and Corinth.
(b) Asterion and Ariadne.
(c) Ariadne and Herakles.
(d) Theseus and Asterion.
8. Who calls Theseus to a secret meeting chamber?
9. What is the name of the man who Theseus think is coming to punish him because he retrieved the item out of the sea?
10. How did the queen of Crete treat her son when he was young?
(a) He was liked but not favored.
(b) He was held dear by his mother.
(c) He was treated as an outcast and told he was nasty.
(d) He was ignored but not treated badly.
11. Why does Theseus' lover begin to cry?
(a) She feels guilty for being with Theseus.
(b) Theseus struck her.
(c) She and Theseus have quarreled.
(d) She believes he's worthy to be a king of an entire kingdom.
12. What gift does Theseus' father give him?
(a) A sword and shield.
(b) A castle.
(c) A ship.
(d) A chariot and horses.
13. What is the name of the girl wearing a goddess outfit in Crete that Theseus is attracted to?
14. When the man threw the item into the sea on the day that Theseus arrived, what was that a symbol of?
(a) A symbol to show that the king has wed the sea.
(b) A symbol to show that the king is obedient to the sea.
(c) A symbol to show that the king is at peace with the sea.
(d) A symbol to show that the king is more powerful than the sea.
15. Who gave the bull medicine to make him mad?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did someone give the bull medicine to make him mad?
2. What is the king wearing when the Theseus and his kinsmen first see him in the House of the Axe?
3. Why does Theseus' father send an invitation to Theseus?
4. Where does Theseus go after killing the king?
5. Why is the bull never to be killed or hurt?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)