|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the king wearing when the Theseus and his kinsmen first see him in the House of the Axe?
(a) An ornate dragon mask.
(b) An ornate horse mask.
(c) An ornate bull mask.
(d) An ornate eagle mask.
2. What do Theseus and the bull dancers smuggle and begin to hide?
3. In what month are Theseus and his kinsmen allowed to see a bull dance for the first time?
(a) First month.
(b) Fourth month.
(c) Second month.
(d) Third month.
4. Who does Theseus watch at the bull fight and decides she is human?
(a) Sea Goddess.
(b) Earth Goddess.
(c) Spirit Goddess.
(d) Moon Goddess.
5. What color of flag does Theseus' father ask Theseus to run up on the ship if he returns?
6. What is Theseus and the other cranes considered to be?
7. What name does Theseus and his kinsmen decide to call themselves?
8. As a bull dancer, what does Theseus decide he wants to be?
(a) A dancer.
(b) A leaper.
(c) A catcher.
(d) A chaser.
9. When the man threw the item into the sea on the day that Theseus arrived, what was that a symbol of?
(a) A symbol to show that the king is at peace with the sea.
(b) A symbol to show that the king is obedient to the sea.
(c) A symbol to show that the king has wed the sea.
(d) A symbol to show that the king is more powerful than the sea.
10. In what month are the bull dancers trained to leap and do cartwheels?
(a) Third month.
(b) Fourth month.
(c) First month.
(d) Second month.
11. After arriving in Crete, what does the man who slapped Theseus across the face throw into the ocean?
(a) His ring.
(b) His shoe.
(c) His sword.
(d) A stone.
12. Why did someone give the bull medicine to make him mad?
(a) This person wanted all of the bull dancers to die.
(b) This person wagered money on a death in the arena.
(c) This person wanted the bull dead.
(d) This person wanted Theseus dead.
13. Who is going to send a message to Theseus' father, asking for help in stopping the son of the king of Crete?
(a) A bard who's singing in the palace.
14. What angered Poseidon?
(a) Theseus' father kept Theseus' name out of the drawing.
(b) Theseus dishonored him.
(c) Theseus' father put Theseus' name in the drawing.
(d) Theseus' father dishonored him.
15. What does Theseus' father want to do for Theseus' birthday?
(a) Have a great feast.
(b) Create a monument in his honor.
(c) Have a ceremony in his honor.
(d) Go on a trip.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the girl wearing a goddess outfit in Crete that Theseus is attracted to?
2. Theseus has heard that if a dancer lasts _____ years the goddess sets them free.
3. Who does Theseus' lover take him to see in a secret lair under the palace?
4. What happens to the bull after the dance?
5. Why are Theseus and the bull dancers smuggling things?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)