|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the girl wearing a goddess outfit in Crete that Theseus is attracted to?
2. When the man threw the item into the sea on the day that Theseus arrived, what was that a symbol of?
(a) A symbol to show that the king has wed the sea.
(b) A symbol to show that the king is obedient to the sea.
(c) A symbol to show that the king is at peace with the sea.
(d) A symbol to show that the king is more powerful than the sea.
3. Why is the bull never to be killed or hurt?
(a) It would bring bad luck to the kingdom.
(b) He is the queen's favorite animal.
(c) He is the king's favorite animal.
(d) The god dwells in him.
4. Why does the king ask Theseus to take his life?
(a) To fool others into believing the king's son killed the king.
(b) So his daughter can gain the crown.
(c) So his son will be unable to gain the crown.
(d) To end his suffering.
5. Why did someone give the bull medicine to make him mad?
(a) This person wanted Theseus dead.
(b) This person wagered money on a death in the arena.
(c) This person wanted the bull dead.
(d) This person wanted all of the bull dancers to die.
6. For what have the Crete men come to Athens?
(a) A tribute of men and women.
(b) To barter goods.
(c) To start a war.
(d) A tribute of young boys and girls.
7. What is the name of the bull dancer who jumps up and over the bull?
(a) A leaper.
(b) A dancer.
(c) A catcher.
(d) A chaser.
8. What does Theseus think of the person who tells him the gods favor him?
(a) This person is gentle and kind.
(b) This person is funny.
(c) This person is old and senile.
(d) This person is cruel.
9. How long does the war last?
(a) A year.
(b) Nearly a month.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two years.
10. What angered Poseidon?
(a) Theseus dishonored him.
(b) Theseus' father dishonored him.
(c) Theseus' father put Theseus' name in the drawing.
(d) Theseus' father kept Theseus' name out of the drawing.
11. What is the name of the bull god?
12. After arriving in Crete, what does the man who slapped Theseus across the face throw into the ocean?
(a) His sword.
(b) His ring.
(c) A stone.
(d) His shoe.
13. Who does Theseus watch at the bull fight and decides she is human?
(a) Spirit Goddess.
(b) Moon Goddess.
(c) Earth Goddess.
(d) Sea Goddess.
14. How did Theseus ruin the symbol by retrieving the item?
(a) He disrespected the sea.
(b) He dishonored the king.
(c) He disrupted his destiny.
(d) He wed himself to the sea.
15. What name does Theseus and his kinsmen decide to call themselves?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Theseus' father want to do for Theseus' birthday?
2. During the bull dance, where do Theseus and another of the dancers get caught?
3. What is the name of the man who Theseus think is coming to punish him because he retrieved the item out of the sea?
4. After three months of bull dancing, who calls Theseus to his home to dine?
5. What happens when Theseus and his kinsmen are allowed to watch the bull dance?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)