|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things will end the bull dancing?
(a) The bull dies or the dancer gets tired.
(b) The bull is too tired to chase or the dancer dies by the bull.
(c) The bull dies or the dancer decides to stop.
(d) The bull is wounded or the dancer is wounded.
2. What happens to Theseus after the bull dance?
(a) He is banished from bull dancing.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He is hurt but lives.
(d) He is killed.
3. Who does Theseus' lover take him to see in a secret lair under the palace?
(a) The queen.
4. What does one of the girl dancers confess to Theseus?
(a) She wants to be a leaper.
(b) She is terrified of the bull.
(c) She is bull shy.
(d) She wants to die first.
5. Why does Theseus' lover begin to cry?
(a) She believes he's worthy to be a king of an entire kingdom.
(b) She feels guilty for being with Theseus.
(c) Theseus struck her.
(d) She and Theseus have quarreled.
6. What gift does Theseus' father give him?
(a) A sword and shield.
(b) A ship.
(c) A castle.
(d) A chariot and horses.
7. What disease afflicts the king of Crete?
(b) Lyme disease.
(c) Heart disease.
8. What happens to the bull after the dance?
(a) The bull is injured.
(b) The bull falls in the dirt and dies.
(c) The bull is sacrificed.
(d) The bull is never used in bull dancing again.
9. Who does the queen sleep with that angers the king?
(a) A rival king.
(b) A young bull dancer.
(c) His best friend.
(d) His brother.
10. Why won't Theseus go to his lover the night before the bull dance?
(a) He no longer desires her.
(b) He must keep his pledge to his fellow cranes.
(c) He must stay away because he's being followed.
(d) He is angry with her.
11. With what does Theseus kill the king?
(a) Sacred dagger.
(b) Sacred ax.
(c) Sacred arrow.
(d) Sacred sword.
12. When the man threw the item into the sea on the day that Theseus arrived, what was that a symbol of?
(a) A symbol to show that the king is obedient to the sea.
(b) A symbol to show that the king is more powerful than the sea.
(c) A symbol to show that the king has wed the sea.
(d) A symbol to show that the king is at peace with the sea.
13. Why does the king ask Theseus to take his life?
(a) To end his suffering.
(b) So his daughter can gain the crown.
(c) To fool others into believing the king's son killed the king.
(d) So his son will be unable to gain the crown.
14. What does Theseus' father want to do for Theseus' birthday?
(a) Have a great feast.
(b) Have a ceremony in his honor.
(c) Create a monument in his honor.
(d) Go on a trip.
15. What does Theseus name their bull?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the bull god?
2. Who are the children of the king and queen of Crete?
3. How did Theseus ruin the symbol by retrieving the item?
4. In the first three months, how many members do the cranes lose bull dancing?
5. What is the name of the bull dancer who jumps up and over the bull?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)