|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Theseus has heard that if a dancer lasts _____ years the goddess sets them free.
2. What does Theseus think of the person who tells him the gods favor him?
(a) This person is gentle and kind.
(b) This person is cruel.
(c) This person is funny.
(d) This person is old and senile.
3. Who does Theseus watch at the bull fight and decides she is human?
(a) Earth Goddess.
(b) Moon Goddess.
(c) Sea Goddess.
(d) Spirit Goddess.
4. After arriving in Crete, what does the man who slapped Theseus across the face throw into the ocean?
(a) His sword.
(b) His ring.
(c) His shoe.
(d) A stone.
5. What is Theseus offered at the dinner party?
(a) Horse and chariot.
(b) Sword and shield.
(c) Gold and jewels.
(d) His freedom.
6. What does one of the girl dancers confess to Theseus?
(a) She wants to die first.
(b) She is terrified of the bull.
(c) She is bull shy.
(d) She wants to be a leaper.
7. Who wants the king of Crete to die and is the one who is believed to have infected him?
(a) The queen.
8. Why are Theseus and the bull dancers smuggling things?
(a) They are planning to take a stand against the king's son.
(b) They are planning on helping all of the bull dancers.
(c) They are planning on escaping.
(d) They want to become wealthy.
9. How long does the war last?
(a) A year.
(b) Nearly a month.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two years.
10. Who calls Theseus to a secret meeting chamber?
11. Why is Theseus troubled by the king's son checking up on him during the bull dancer training?
(a) He thinks he'll keep him from being a leaper.
(b) He thinks he'll keep him from being a chaser.
(c) He thinks he'll keep him from being a dancer.
(d) He thinks he'll keep him from being a catcher.
12. Why won't Theseus go to his lover the night before the bull dance?
(a) He is angry with her.
(b) He must keep his pledge to his fellow cranes.
(c) He must stay away because he's being followed.
(d) He no longer desires her.
13. What color of flag does Theseus' father ask Theseus to run up on the ship if he returns?
14. Why is Theseus proclaimed the leader of the bull dancers in Crete?
(a) He was the one that gave himself to the gods.
(b) He is the bravest.
(c) He is heir to the throne.
(d) He is the strongest.
15. Why did someone give the bull medicine to make him mad?
(a) This person wagered money on a death in the arena.
(b) This person wanted the bull dead.
(c) This person wanted Theseus dead.
(d) This person wanted all of the bull dancers to die.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a bull dancer, what does Theseus decide he wants to be?
2. What is the name of the palace where the bull dancers will be training?
3. Who are the children of the king and queen of Crete?
4. What name does Theseus and his kinsmen decide to call themselves?
5. What is the king wearing when the Theseus and his kinsmen first see him in the House of the Axe?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)