|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disease afflicts the king of Crete?
(a) Lyme disease.
(b) Heart disease.
2. Who does Theseus watch at the bull fight and decides she is human?
(a) Spirit Goddess.
(b) Sea Goddess.
(c) Earth Goddess.
(d) Moon Goddess.
3. In what month are Theseus and his kinsmen allowed to see a bull dance for the first time?
(a) Second month.
(b) Third month.
(c) First month.
(d) Fourth month.
4. While training to become a bull dancer, what does Theseus beg Poseidon to make him?
(a) A bull catcher.
(b) A bull leaper.
(c) A bull dancer.
(d) A bull chaser.
5. After three months of bull dancing, who calls Theseus to his home to dine?
6. For what have the Crete men come to Athens?
(a) To barter goods.
(b) A tribute of young boys and girls.
(c) A tribute of men and women.
(d) To start a war.
7. How did Theseus ruin the symbol by retrieving the item?
(a) He disrespected the sea.
(b) He disrupted his destiny.
(c) He dishonored the king.
(d) He wed himself to the sea.
8. Where does Theseus go after killing the king?
(a) To practice bull dancing.
(b) To meet with his kinsmen.
(c) To his lover's chambers.
(d) Back to his own bed.
9. Why did someone give the bull medicine to make him mad?
(a) This person wanted the bull dead.
(b) This person wanted all of the bull dancers to die.
(c) This person wanted Theseus dead.
(d) This person wagered money on a death in the arena.
10. What is the name of the bull god?
11. What happens in the last month of bull dancer training?
(a) They practice dancing with the bulls.
(b) They must fight to see who will dance first with the bull.
(c) They go to the pasture to get a bull, but they don't get to pick.
(d) They get to pick their bull.
12. What is Theseus offered at the dinner party?
(a) His freedom.
(b) Sword and shield.
(c) Gold and jewels.
(d) Horse and chariot.
13. What is the life expectancy of a bull dancer?
(a) Three months.
(b) One month.
(c) Six months.
(d) Twelve months.
14. How did the queen of Crete treat her daughter when she was young?
(a) She was held dear by her mother.
(b) She was ignored but not treated badly.
(c) She was treated as very special and loved.
(d) She was treated as an outcast and told she was nasty.
15. What does Theseus name their bull?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color of flag does Theseus' father ask Theseus to run up on the ship if he returns?
2. Who calls Theseus to a secret meeting chamber?
3. What does Theseus' father want to do for Theseus' birthday?
4. Who is going to send a message to Theseus' father, asking for help in stopping the son of the king of Crete?
5. What is the name of the man who Theseus think is coming to punish him because he retrieved the item out of the sea?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)