|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the children of the king and queen of Crete?
(a) Theseus and Asterion.
(b) Herakles and Corinth.
(c) Asterion and Ariadne.
(d) Ariadne and Herakles.
2. What name does Theseus and his kinsmen decide to call themselves?
3. Why does the king ask Theseus to take his life?
(a) To fool others into believing the king's son killed the king.
(b) So his son will be unable to gain the crown.
(c) To end his suffering.
(d) So his daughter can gain the crown.
4. What is Theseus and the other cranes considered to be?
5. In the first three months, how many members do the cranes lose bull dancing?
6. How is Theseus feeling while waiting to hear news of the king's death?
7. What is the name of the bull dancer who jumps up and over the bull?
(a) A catcher.
(b) A leaper.
(c) A dancer.
(d) A chaser.
8. What happens when Theseus and his kinsmen are allowed to watch the bull dance?
(a) The dancer is wounded.
(b) The bull is killed.
(c) The bull is wounded.
(d) They see a boy die.
9. Why are Theseus and the bull dancers smuggling things?
(a) They are planning to take a stand against the king's son.
(b) They are planning on helping all of the bull dancers.
(c) They want to become wealthy.
(d) They are planning on escaping.
10. What does Theseus' father want to do for Theseus' birthday?
(a) Go on a trip.
(b) Have a great feast.
(c) Create a monument in his honor.
(d) Have a ceremony in his honor.
11. What happens in the last month of bull dancer training?
(a) They must fight to see who will dance first with the bull.
(b) They practice dancing with the bulls.
(c) They go to the pasture to get a bull, but they don't get to pick.
(d) They get to pick their bull.
12. What color of flag does Theseus' father ask Theseus to run up on the ship if he returns?
13. With what does Theseus kill the king?
(a) Sacred sword.
(b) Sacred arrow.
(c) Sacred ax.
(d) Sacred dagger.
14. Who does Theseus' lover take him to see in a secret lair under the palace?
(c) The queen.
15. What gift does Theseus' father give him?
(a) A castle.
(b) A sword and shield.
(c) A chariot and horses.
(d) A ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the queen of Crete treat her son when he was young?
2. Why is Theseus troubled by the king's son checking up on him during the bull dancer training?
3. How do the people of Crete treat Theseus and his kinsmen when they arrive?
4. For what have the Crete men come to Athens?
5. Why is Theseus proclaimed the leader of the bull dancers in Crete?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)