Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Theseus and the bull dancers smuggling things?
(a) They want to become wealthy.
(b) They are planning to take a stand against the king's son.
(c) They are planning on escaping.
(d) They are planning on helping all of the bull dancers.
2. How did the queen of Crete treat her daughter when she was young?
(a) She was treated as an outcast and told she was nasty.
(b) She was treated as very special and loved.
(c) She was ignored but not treated badly.
(d) She was held dear by her mother.
3. What is the name of the bull dancer who jumps up and over the bull?
(a) A chaser.
(b) A catcher.
(c) A leaper.
(d) A dancer.
4. Why do the people of Crete come to watch the bull dancers train?
(a) To encourage them.
(b) To make bets.
(c) To heckle and taunt them.
(d) To be entertained.
5. Who gave the bull medicine to make him mad?
6. Why is Theseus proclaimed the leader of the bull dancers in Crete?
(a) He is the bravest.
(b) He is the strongest.
(c) He was the one that gave himself to the gods.
(d) He is heir to the throne.
7. What is the king wearing when the Theseus and his kinsmen first see him in the House of the Axe?
(a) An ornate bull mask.
(b) An ornate eagle mask.
(c) An ornate horse mask.
(d) An ornate dragon mask.
8. What is the name of the girl wearing a goddess outfit in Crete that Theseus is attracted to?
9. What does Theseus learn about the king's son from the other bull dancers?
(a) That the man wants to save Theseus.
(b) That the man wants to kill Theseus.
(c) That the man is not the King's real son.
(d) That the man is the King's son.
10. What two things will end the bull dancing?
(a) The bull is wounded or the dancer is wounded.
(b) The bull is too tired to chase or the dancer dies by the bull.
(c) The bull dies or the dancer gets tired.
(d) The bull dies or the dancer decides to stop.
11. What is the name of the bull god?
12. What does Theseus and his kinsmen practice on the ship?
(b) A dance.
(c) Speed drills.
13. What happens to the bull after the dance?
(a) The bull falls in the dirt and dies.
(b) The bull is never used in bull dancing again.
(c) The bull is injured.
(d) The bull is sacrificed.
14. Who does Theseus' lover take him to see in a secret lair under the palace?
(b) The queen.
15. Why won't Theseus go to his lover the night before the bull dance?
(a) He must keep his pledge to his fellow cranes.
(b) He is angry with her.
(c) He no longer desires her.
(d) He must stay away because he's being followed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the bull never to be killed or hurt?
2. What happens when Theseus and his kinsmen are allowed to watch the bull dance?
3. After arriving in Crete, what does the man who slapped Theseus across the face throw into the ocean?
4. What color of flag does Theseus' father ask Theseus to run up on the ship if he returns?
5. Who are the children of the king and queen of Crete?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)