|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Theseus and the bull dancers smuggle and begin to hide?
2. After arriving in Crete, what does the man who slapped Theseus across the face throw into the ocean?
(a) His sword.
(b) His ring.
(c) His shoe.
(d) A stone.
3. What does the man who slapped Theseus across the face call Poseidon?
(b) Father of the sea.
(c) King of the sea.
4. Who calls Theseus to a secret meeting chamber?
5. What name does Theseus and his kinsmen decide to call themselves?
6. Why won't Theseus go to his lover the night before the bull dance?
(a) He is angry with her.
(b) He must stay away because he's being followed.
(c) He no longer desires her.
(d) He must keep his pledge to his fellow cranes.
7. How did the queen of Crete treat her daughter when she was young?
(a) She was treated as an outcast and told she was nasty.
(b) She was ignored but not treated badly.
(c) She was treated as very special and loved.
(d) She was held dear by her mother.
8. After Theseus and his kinsmen have practiced and before they are ready for their dance, who comes to check on them?
9. What happens to the bull after the dance?
(a) The bull is sacrificed.
(b) The bull falls in the dirt and dies.
(c) The bull is injured.
(d) The bull is never used in bull dancing again.
10. Who does the queen sleep with that angers the king?
(a) A rival king.
(b) His best friend.
(c) His brother.
(d) A young bull dancer.
11. Who is going to send a message to Theseus' father, asking for help in stopping the son of the king of Crete?
(b) A bard who's singing in the palace.
12. Why does Theseus not accept the gifts at the dinner party?
(a) He is disgraced and feels unworthy.
(b) He is angry and does not want them.
(c) He is royal blood and can't accept gifts from a man that struck him.
(d) He is a slave and he's unable to accept.
13. Why is Theseus proclaimed the leader of the bull dancers in Crete?
(a) He was the one that gave himself to the gods.
(b) He is the strongest.
(c) He is the bravest.
(d) He is heir to the throne.
14. Why did someone give the bull medicine to make him mad?
(a) This person wanted all of the bull dancers to die.
(b) This person wanted the bull dead.
(c) This person wagered money on a death in the arena.
(d) This person wanted Theseus dead.
15. What is Theseus and the other cranes considered to be?
Short Answer Questions
1. During the bull dance, where do Theseus and another of the dancers get caught?
2. What is the name of the bull god?
3. What color of flag does Theseus' father ask Theseus to run up on the ship if he returns?
4. Why is Theseus troubled by the king's son checking up on him during the bull dancer training?
5. What happens to Theseus after the bull dance?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)