|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Theseus troubled by the king's son checking up on him during the bull dancer training?
(a) He thinks he'll keep him from being a chaser.
(b) He thinks he'll keep him from being a leaper.
(c) He thinks he'll keep him from being a dancer.
(d) He thinks he'll keep him from being a catcher.
2. Why does Theseus' father send an invitation to Theseus?
(a) To invite him to the celebration of his new son's birth.
(b) To invite Theseus' mother to come live in Athens.
(c) To invite him to a banquet in his honor.
(d) To invite Theseus' mother to a party.
3. What two things will end the bull dancing?
(a) The bull dies or the dancer gets tired.
(b) The bull dies or the dancer decides to stop.
(c) The bull is too tired to chase or the dancer dies by the bull.
(d) The bull is wounded or the dancer is wounded.
4. What is one place that Theseus finds useful on his way to meet his lover?
(a) The records room.
(b) The ancient armory.
(c) The gold treasury.
(d) The library.
5. Who does Theseus watch at the bull fight and decides she is human?
(a) Earth Goddess.
(b) Sea Goddess.
(c) Moon Goddess.
(d) Spirit Goddess.
6. Why is the bull never to be killed or hurt?
(a) He is the queen's favorite animal.
(b) It would bring bad luck to the kingdom.
(c) He is the king's favorite animal.
(d) The god dwells in him.
7. Who calls Theseus to a secret meeting chamber?
8. What is Theseus offered at the dinner party?
(a) Horse and chariot.
(b) His freedom.
(c) Sword and shield.
(d) Gold and jewels.
9. What gift does Theseus' father give him?
(a) A ship.
(b) A castle.
(c) A chariot and horses.
(d) A sword and shield.
10. Why does the king ask Theseus to take his life?
(a) To end his suffering.
(b) To fool others into believing the king's son killed the king.
(c) So his daughter can gain the crown.
(d) So his son will be unable to gain the crown.
11. How did the queen of Crete treat her daughter when she was young?
(a) She was treated as very special and loved.
(b) She was treated as an outcast and told she was nasty.
(c) She was ignored but not treated badly.
(d) She was held dear by her mother.
12. Who are the children of the king and queen of Crete?
(a) Ariadne and Herakles.
(b) Theseus and Asterion.
(c) Herakles and Corinth.
(d) Asterion and Ariadne.
13. Why does Theseus' lover begin to cry?
(a) She and Theseus have quarreled.
(b) She feels guilty for being with Theseus.
(c) She believes he's worthy to be a king of an entire kingdom.
(d) Theseus struck her.
14. What does Theseus and his kinsmen practice on the ship?
(b) Speed drills.
(d) A dance.
15. What is the name of the palace where the bull dancers will be training?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Theseus' lover take him to see in a secret lair under the palace?
2. While training to become a bull dancer, what does Theseus beg Poseidon to make him?
3. What does one of the girl dancers confess to Theseus?
4. How is Theseus feeling while waiting to hear news of the king's death?
5. What do Theseus and the bull dancers smuggle and begin to hide?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)