|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the people of the town care more for as their leader?
(a) The Prince.
(b) The Queen.
(c) The Princess.
(d) The King.
2. What is the name of the first castle Theseus comes to?
3. What does the king violently stop Theseus from doing?
(a) Taking his first sip of wine.
(b) Taking his first bite of food.
(c) Entering his chamber.
(d) Leaving the castle.
4. Who is Theseus' mentor?
5. What does the queen do after her fight with Theseus?
(a) She gets angry and leaves.
(b) She demands an apology.
(c) She breaks down crying.
(d) She becomes silent and submissive.
6. What does the queen announce the oracle has proclaimed about Theseus' coming?
(a) He's come to destroy the town.
(b) He's come to kill the current king.
(c) He's come to marry the queen.
(d) He's come to pay homage to the king and queen.
7. Who is Theseus' grandfather?
(a) King Pittheus.
(c) King Minos.
8. What does Theseus continually pray to Poseidon about?
(a) A sign.
(b) A special weapon.
(c) For help.
(d) For strength.
9. Why does Theseus choose not to travel to Athens on the ship?
(a) He realizes that the ship is not big enough.
(b) He's offended by the words of the ship's captain.
(c) He believes it would be faster to travel on land.
(d) He gets very sick on ships.
10. Who seeks to take the throne from Aigeus?
(a) His sister.
(b) His two brothers.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His uncle.
11. What age is Theseus as he narrates the story?
(a) A young man.
(b) A child.
(c) A teenager.
(d) An old man.
12. After Theseus talks to his grandfather, how many days is it until a ship arrives at Troizen to take him to Athens?
(a) Thirty days.
(b) Fourteen days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Seven days.
13. What is the name of Theseus' childhood friend who begs to come with him?
14. Who is the queen of the town Theseus travels to?
15. What does Theseus discover when reaching the palace?
(a) The queen is ill.
(b) The queen waiting in anticipation of his arrival.
(c) The queen waiting to kill him.
(d) The queen has killed herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Aigeus want Theseus to go when he is able to get the items from under the stone?
2. How does Theseus' father agree to treat the people in Eleusis?
3. How is Theseus' grandfather feeling when Theseus comes to visit him?
4. In Theseus' dream, what does he use to move the rock?
5. Of what city is Theseus' mother the chief priestess?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)