|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Theseus do to the man who kills his friend?
(a) He wounds him badly but lets him leave.
(b) He follows him, but the man gets away.
(c) He does nothing.
(d) He kills him.
2. What is the name of the next town Theseus travels to after leaving the camp?
3. Who is the ruler of the neighboring kingdom?
4. What does Theseus do to the chariot driver?
(a) He kills him.
(b) He makes him his slave.
(c) He shows mercy and lets him go.
(d) He ties him to a tree and leaves him.
5. After he returns home from battle, what does Theseus tell the queen?
(a) He has to go to Athens to defeat the king.
(b) He is leaving her and not coming back.
(c) He has to go to Athens to have the king cleanse him of his killing.
(d) He wants her to have his baby.
6. What does the king invite Theseus to drink with him?
(a) Fruit juice.
7. Why does Theseus' mother need to give herself to the first man that is sent by the gods?
(a) To prove her devotion to the gods.
(b) To atone for the neglect given to certain gods.
(c) To prove her humility.
(d) To atone for her past sins.
8. What is the name of the road on which Theseus travels to Athens?
(a) Isthmus Road.
(b) Eleusis Road.
(c) Troizen Road.
(d) Nisos Road.
9. What does Theseus decide to do about revealing his true identity to the king?
(a) He decides to wait.
(b) He decides to tell him right away.
(c) He can't decide.
(d) He decides not to tell him.
10. Who is the queen of the town Theseus travels to?
11. What is the name of the other boy who comes to serve Poseidon?
12. Who is the town ruled by?
(c) The townspeople.
(d) The elderly.
13. What does the queen do after her fight with Theseus?
(a) She breaks down crying.
(b) She gets angry and leaves.
(c) She becomes silent and submissive.
(d) She demands an apology.
14. Who do Theseus and his friend find on the side of the road?
(a) A man beaten and left for dead.
(b) A woman penniless and starving.
(c) Merchants selling goods.
(d) A traveling group of entertainers.
15. How does Theseus make the people in the camp feel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the king's woman?
2. Who seeks to take the throne from Aigeus?
3. What does Theseus discover when reaching the palace?
4. Where does Theseus' father rule?
5. What does the oracle announce about Theseus' journey?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)