|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aigeus ask the king if he can go to the priestess?
(a) He wants to become king.
(b) He has a great attraction for her and would like to make her his wife.
(c) He would like to ask her for advice.
(d) He has no sons of his own and is certain the gods would grant one of this union.
2. Whom does Theseus send away on a boat?
(a) The people of Eleusis.
(b) The queen and her children.
(c) The soldiers of Eleusis.
(d) The king of Athens.
3. What does the queen's brother try to give Theseus' men after they defeat the city?
(a) A banquet in their honor.
(b) A smaller amount of the spoils.
(d) A larger amount of the spoils.
4. Who is Theseus' father the son of?
5. What is the name of the other boy who comes to serve Poseidon?
6. What does the entire town watch Theseus and the queen doing?
(b) Making love.
(c) Sharing a glass of wine.
7. What does Theseus and his men come upon at the end of the borders?
(a) The gangs and thieves have joined forces with another kingdom to fight.
(b) The gangs and thieves have come to surrender.
(c) The gangs and thieves have rallied themselves to a battlefield to fight.
(d) A deserted battlefield.
8. What is the relationship of Diokles and Theseus?
(a) Father and son.
(c) Grandfather and grandson.
(d) Uncle and nephew.
9. In the story that Theseus' grandfather tells him, what befalls the city?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) A flood.
(c) A drought.
(d) A plague.
10. Who do the people of the town care more for as their leader?
(a) The Prince.
(b) The King.
(c) The Princess.
(d) The Queen.
11. Who seeks to take the throne from Aigeus?
(a) His sister.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His two brothers.
(d) His uncle.
12. How does the queen act when Theseus leaves for battle?
13. What is the name of Theseus' childhood friend who begs to come with him?
14. What items does Theseus find under the rock?
(a) Shield and sword.
(b) Sandals and shield.
(c) Sword and sandals.
(d) Helmet and shield.
15. From what god is Theseus told from birth that he is begotten?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Theseus decide to do about revealing his true identity to the king?
2. Who does Theseus find to leave his sword?
3. As Theseus heads back to his people, what does he discover the queen ordered?
4. What do the people of the town pick someone to do every year?
5. Who is Theseus' grandfather?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)