|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the people of the town care more for as their leader?
(a) The Princess.
(b) The King.
(c) The Prince.
(d) The Queen.
2. What does the entire town watch Theseus and the queen doing?
(b) Making love.
(c) Sharing a glass of wine.
3. Whom do Theseus and his friend run into as they begin their journey?
(b) Robbers and thieves.
(c) Old friends from home.
4. What happens to the body of the person that's killed every year in the town?
(a) The body is buried in the town's cemetery.
(b) The body is plowed into the field.
(c) The body is thrown into the sea.
(d) The body is cremated and the ashes spread over the fields.
5. Who is the queen of the town Theseus travels to?
6. Who does Theseus find to leave his sword?
(b) He can't find anyone he trusts.
(d) The queen.
7. How does Theseus kill the queen's brother?
(a) A spear in his side.
(b) A spear in his back.
(c) A spear in his heart.
(d) Chops off his head.
8. What does the queen do after her fight with Theseus?
(a) She becomes silent and submissive.
(b) She demands an apology.
(c) She breaks down crying.
(d) She gets angry and leaves.
9. Why does Simo make fun of Theseus?
(a) He's large.
(b) He's small.
(c) He's slow.
(d) He's skinny.
10. What happens when Theseus stomps the ground after Simo makes fun of him?
(a) An earthquake begins.
(b) It begins to rain.
(c) He injures his foot.
(d) A giant hole forms.
11. From what god is Theseus told from birth that he is begotten?
12. Who requested the death of Theseus?
13. Why does Aigeus command the king and the priestess to keep Theseus' identity hidden?
(a) To keep him safe.
(b) To enable him to have more sons.
(c) To raise him as a peasant.
(d) To keep him from overtaking the throne.
14. Who gives Theseus a chariot driver?
15. After dealing with the chariot driver, who does Theseus fight in combat?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man who kills Theseus' friend?
2. In Theseus' dream, what does he use to move the rock?
3. After Theseus' friend is killed, he comes to a camp of _________.
4. How does Theseus' father agree to treat the people in Eleusis?
5. What does the king violently stop Theseus from doing?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)