|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Aigeus want Theseus to go when he is able to get the items from under the stone?
2. Who seeks to take the throne from Aigeus?
(a) His sister.
(b) His two brothers.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His uncle.
3. Who does Theseus' mother reveal to be his father?
(d) King Pittheus.
4. Why does Theseus' mother not want Theseus to tell anyone along his journey who he is?
(a) She has many enemies that would kill him because he's her son.
(b) She worries he'd be robbed of his possessions.
(c) She fears they'd want him dead because he's heir to his father's kingdom.
(d) She fears a woman might seduce him because of his birthright.
5. Who do the people of the town care more for as their leader?
(a) The Queen.
(b) The Prince.
(c) The Princess.
(d) The King.
6. Whom does Theseus send away on a boat?
(a) The people of Eleusis.
(b) The king of Athens.
(c) The queen and her children.
(d) The soldiers of Eleusis.
7. Who is the town ruled by?
(a) The elderly.
(b) The townspeople.
8. What do the people of the town pick someone to do every year?
(a) Kill the current queen.
(b) Kill the current king.
(c) Sacrifice one of the queen's children.
(d) Select a new queen.
9. What is the name of Theseus' childhood friend who begs to come with him?
10. From what god is Theseus told from birth that he is begotten?
11. What does the king invite Theseus to drink with him?
(d) Fruit juice.
12. Who is the ruler of the neighboring kingdom?
13. Who requested the death of Theseus?
14. Who gives Theseus a chariot driver?
15. What is the name of the other boy who comes to serve Poseidon?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Theseus' father agree to treat the people in Eleusis?
2. After Theseus' friend is killed, he comes to a camp of _________.
3. How old is Theseus when he finishes his service to Poseidon?
4. After Theseus talks to his grandfather, how many days is it until a ship arrives at Troizen to take him to Athens?
5. What does the queen's brother try to give Theseus' men after they defeat the city?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)