|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Theseus' mother call on an oracle to look at Theseus' journey?
(a) She wants to know if he'll be successful.
(b) She is hoping he will find gold.
(c) She's worried for his safety.
(d) She wants to be able to tell him his future.
2. Of what city is Theseus' mother the chief priestess?
3. When Theseus is 7-years-old, what animal does his grandfather sacrifice in a ceremony?
4. After Theseus' friend is killed, he comes to a camp of _________.
(a) Young shepherds.
(b) Traveling gypsies.
5. What does the king violently stop Theseus from doing?
(a) Taking his first bite of food.
(b) Leaving the castle.
(c) Taking his first sip of wine.
(d) Entering his chamber.
6. What is the name of the next town Theseus travels to after leaving the camp?
7. What age is Theseus as he narrates the story?
(a) A teenager.
(b) An old man.
(c) A child.
(d) A young man.
8. How does Theseus' grandfather feel when he learns Theseus didn't go on the ship?
9. What does Theseus do to the man who kills his friend?
(a) He kills him.
(b) He follows him, but the man gets away.
(c) He does nothing.
(d) He wounds him badly but lets him leave.
10. Who requested the death of Theseus?
11. What does Theseus continually pray to Poseidon about?
(a) A special weapon.
(b) For strength.
(c) For help.
(d) A sign.
12. How does the queen act when Theseus leaves for battle?
13. Who is the town ruled by?
(b) The townspeople.
(c) The elderly.
14. Why does Theseus' chariot crash?
(a) One of the bronze lynch pins in Theseus' chariot had been replaced with a wax one.
(b) Theseus was run off course by the opposing army.
(c) Another chariot crashed into Theseus' chariot.
(d) Theseus' driver was driving recklessly.
15. Where does Aigeus want Theseus to go when he is able to get the items from under the stone?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who seeks to take the throne from Aigeus?
2. What is the name of the man who kills Theseus' friend?
3. Why does Theseus' mother ask him to lift the altar stone?
4. Who does Theseus go to war against?
5. What does the entire town watch Theseus and the queen doing?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)