|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Theseus choose not to travel to Athens on the ship?
(a) He realizes that the ship is not big enough.
(b) He gets very sick on ships.
(c) He's offended by the words of the ship's captain.
(d) He believes it would be faster to travel on land.
2. How does Theseus' grandfather feel when he learns Theseus didn't go on the ship?
3. When Theseus is 7-years-old, what animal does his grandfather sacrifice in a ceremony?
4. How does Theseus' father agree to treat the people in Eleusis?
(a) As servants.
(b) As equals.
(c) As better than Athenians.
(d) Beneath the people of Athens.
5. Why does Theseus' mother ask him to lift the altar stone?
(a) So she can tell him who his father is.
(b) So she can retrieve her long lost treasure.
(c) So it's out of her way.
(d) So she can hide her valuables.
6. What does Theseus hear the harper singing about?
(a) A city where potions can be found to heal the sick.
(b) A city that built great structures and the methods they used.
(c) A city that moved great rocks and the methods they used.
(d) A city where great riches can be found.
7. How is Theseus' grandfather feeling when Theseus comes to visit him?
8. What is the name of the man who kills Theseus' friend?
9. Where does Aigeus want Theseus to go when he is able to get the items from under the stone?
10. What do the people of the town pick someone to do every year?
(a) Select a new queen.
(b) Kill the current queen.
(c) Sacrifice one of the queen's children.
(d) Kill the current king.
11. What does Theseus do for his men after they defeat the city?
(a) Gives them his own rewards, leaving none for himself.
(b) Gives them all new weapons.
(c) Allows them a day to do as they please.
(d) Throws a banquet for them to celebrate.
12. Why does Theseus' chariot crash?
(a) Theseus' driver was driving recklessly.
(b) Another chariot crashed into Theseus' chariot.
(c) One of the bronze lynch pins in Theseus' chariot had been replaced with a wax one.
(d) Theseus was run off course by the opposing army.
13. After he returns home from battle, what does Theseus tell the queen?
(a) He has to go to Athens to defeat the king.
(b) He is leaving her and not coming back.
(c) He wants her to have his baby.
(d) He has to go to Athens to have the king cleanse him of his killing.
14. What does the king violently stop Theseus from doing?
(a) Entering his chamber.
(b) Leaving the castle.
(c) Taking his first sip of wine.
(d) Taking his first bite of food.
15. Who gives Theseus a chariot driver?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Theseus decide to make friends with one of the neighboring kingdoms?
2. After Theseus' friend is killed, he comes to a camp of _________.
3. Who is the ruler of the neighboring kingdom?
4. How does Theseus kill the queen's brother?
5. How many men is Theseus bringing to help in his father's war?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)