|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Theseus and his men come upon at the end of the borders?
(a) The gangs and thieves have joined forces with another kingdom to fight.
(b) The gangs and thieves have come to surrender.
(c) The gangs and thieves have rallied themselves to a battlefield to fight.
(d) A deserted battlefield.
2. Why does Theseus' mother need to give herself to the first man that is sent by the gods?
(a) To prove her devotion to the gods.
(b) To prove her humility.
(c) To atone for the neglect given to certain gods.
(d) To atone for her past sins.
3. Who is the queen of the town Theseus travels to?
4. How many men is Theseus bringing to help in his father's war?
(a) A thousand men.
(b) Five thousand men.
(c) Five hundred men.
(d) Three thousand men.
5. What does Theseus hear the harper singing about?
(a) A city that moved great rocks and the methods they used.
(b) A city where potions can be found to heal the sick.
(c) A city that built great structures and the methods they used.
(d) A city where great riches can be found.
6. What do the people of the town believe must happen every year?
(a) A new king must be crowned.
(b) A new queen must be crowned.
(c) The queen must have another child.
(d) The queen must sacrifice one of her children.
7. What is the name of Theseus' childhood friend who begs to come with him?
8. Who seeks to take the throne from Aigeus?
(a) His sister.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His two brothers.
9. What does Theseus do to the man who kills his friend?
(a) He wounds him badly but lets him leave.
(b) He follows him, but the man gets away.
(c) He does nothing.
(d) He kills him.
10. Why does Theseus decide to make friends with one of the neighboring kingdoms?
(a) To hire servants to work in the fields.
(b) To trade goods with them.
(c) To get them to ask the Eleusians for their help in a war.
(d) To barter weapons.
11. What age is Theseus as he narrates the story?
(a) A young man.
(b) A teenager.
(c) A child.
(d) An old man.
12. Why must the entire town watch Theseus and the queen?
(a) To ensure the continuation of the bloodline.
(b) To reassure them of this union.
(c) To ensure that the crops will grow.
(d) To bring prosperity to the town.
13. What does the oracle announce about Theseus' journey?
(a) Theseus will make many friends along the way and will be very successful.
(b) Theseus will meet trouble and it will be serious but that the journey will not take his life.
(c) Theseus will be afflicted with sickness and will die.
(d) Theseus will gain riches and acquire a new kingdom.
14. When Theseus is 7-years-old, what animal does his grandfather sacrifice in a ceremony?
15. What is Theseus' house called?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the king's woman?
2. What does the entire town watch Theseus and the queen doing?
3. After Theseus' friend is killed, he comes to a camp of _________.
4. What is the name of the first castle Theseus comes to?
5. What does Theseus do to the chariot driver?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)