|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the other boy who comes to serve Poseidon?
2. How does Theseus make the people in the camp feel?
3. Who requested the death of Theseus?
4. How does Theseus kill the queen's brother?
(a) A spear in his heart.
(b) Chops off his head.
(c) A spear in his back.
(d) A spear in his side.
5. When Theseus is 7-years-old, what animal does his grandfather sacrifice in a ceremony?
6. Who does Theseus go to war against?
(a) The thieves and gangs in Eleusis.
(b) The thieves and gangs in Isthmus.
(c) The thieves and gangs in Megara.
(d) The thieves and gangs in Athens.
7. After dealing with the chariot driver, who does Theseus fight in combat?
8. How are Theseus and his friend traveling to Athens?
(a) In a wagon.
(b) On horses.
(c) On donkeys.
(d) By foot.
9. Who is the queen of the town Theseus travels to?
10. Why does Aigeus ask the king if he can go to the priestess?
(a) He has a great attraction for her and would like to make her his wife.
(b) He would like to ask her for advice.
(c) He wants to become king.
(d) He has no sons of his own and is certain the gods would grant one of this union.
11. What does Theseus ask the king of the town just before taking his life?
(a) To please stop crying.
(b) To beg for mercy.
(c) To forgive him any sin for taking his life.
(d) To tell him the secrets of the town.
12. What is the name of Theseus' childhood friend who begs to come with him?
13. How does the queen act when Theseus leaves for battle?
14. Who seeks to take the throne from Aigeus?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His two brothers.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His sister.
15. What is the name of the next town Theseus travels to after leaving the camp?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Aigeus want Theseus to go when he is able to get the items from under the stone?
2. What is the name of the queen's brother?
3. What is the name of the first castle Theseus comes to?
4. Who gives Theseus a chariot driver?
5. What do the people of the town pick someone to do every year?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)