|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what god is Theseus told from birth that he is begotten?
2. How are Theseus and his friend traveling to Athens?
(a) On donkeys.
(b) By foot.
(c) On horses.
(d) In a wagon.
3. After Theseus talks to his grandfather, how many days is it until a ship arrives at Troizen to take him to Athens?
(a) Seven days.
(b) Thirty days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Fourteen days.
4. After Theseus' friend is killed, he comes to a camp of _________.
(a) Traveling gypsies.
(b) Young shepherds.
5. What is Theseus' house called?
6. What is the name of the road on which Theseus travels to Athens?
(a) Isthmus Road.
(b) Eleusis Road.
(c) Nisos Road.
(d) Troizen Road.
7. Who is Theseus' grandfather?
(a) King Minos.
(b) King Pittheus.
8. Who does Theseus' mother reveal to be his father?
(d) King Pittheus.
9. What does Theseus and his men come upon at the end of the borders?
(a) The gangs and thieves have rallied themselves to a battlefield to fight.
(b) The gangs and thieves have come to surrender.
(c) A deserted battlefield.
(d) The gangs and thieves have joined forces with another kingdom to fight.
10. What is the name of the other boy who comes to serve Poseidon?
11. Whom do Theseus and his friend run into as they begin their journey?
(a) Robbers and thieves.
(b) Old friends from home.
12. What does the oracle announce about Theseus' journey?
(a) Theseus will meet trouble and it will be serious but that the journey will not take his life.
(b) Theseus will be afflicted with sickness and will die.
(c) Theseus will gain riches and acquire a new kingdom.
(d) Theseus will make many friends along the way and will be very successful.
13. Why did King Minos' men take the smaller boys from Troizen?
(a) To be slaves for entertainment to run with the bulls.
(b) To punish the people of Troizen.
(c) To train them to be soldiers.
(d) To work in the fields as laborers.
14. What does the queen do after her fight with Theseus?
(a) She breaks down crying.
(b) She gets angry and leaves.
(c) She demands an apology.
(d) She becomes silent and submissive.
15. Who is the queen of the town Theseus travels to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the queen's brother try to give Theseus' men after they defeat the city?
2. Who is the ruler of the neighboring kingdom?
3. What does Theseus decide to do about revealing his true identity to the king?
4. What is the name of the first castle Theseus comes to?
5. Who is Theseus' mentor?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)