|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Simo make fun of Theseus?
(a) He's skinny.
(b) He's small.
(c) He's large.
(d) He's slow.
2. What does the queen do after her fight with Theseus?
(a) She gets angry and leaves.
(b) She breaks down crying.
(c) She becomes silent and submissive.
(d) She demands an apology.
3. What happens to the body of the person that's killed every year in the town?
(a) The body is buried in the town's cemetery.
(b) The body is thrown into the sea.
(c) The body is cremated and the ashes spread over the fields.
(d) The body is plowed into the field.
4. What age is Theseus as he narrates the story?
(a) A teenager.
(b) A child.
(c) An old man.
(d) A young man.
5. Who does Theseus' mother reveal to be his father?
(d) King Pittheus.
6. How many men is Theseus bringing to help in his father's war?
(a) Three thousand men.
(b) Five thousand men.
(c) Five hundred men.
(d) A thousand men.
7. How does Theseus' father agree to treat the people in Eleusis?
(a) Beneath the people of Athens.
(b) As better than Athenians.
(c) As servants.
(d) As equals.
8. Why does Aigeus ask the king if he can go to the priestess?
(a) He wants to become king.
(b) He would like to ask her for advice.
(c) He has no sons of his own and is certain the gods would grant one of this union.
(d) He has a great attraction for her and would like to make her his wife.
9. What does the king invite Theseus to drink with him?
(d) Fruit juice.
10. How old is Theseus when he finishes his service to Poseidon?
(a) 22 years old.
(b) 18 years old.
(c) 11 years old.
(d) 15 years old.
11. Who do Theseus and his friend find on the side of the road?
(a) A man beaten and left for dead.
(b) A woman penniless and starving.
(c) Merchants selling goods.
(d) A traveling group of entertainers.
12. What is the name of the road on which Theseus travels to Athens?
(a) Troizen Road.
(b) Eleusis Road.
(c) Isthmus Road.
(d) Nisos Road.
13. Where does Theseus' father rule?
14. How does Theseus make the people in the camp feel?
15. Where does Aigeus want Theseus to go when he is able to get the items from under the stone?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Theseus' mother not want Theseus to tell anyone along his journey who he is?
2. What is the relationship of Diokles and Theseus?
3. What do the people of the town pick someone to do every year?
4. Who requested the death of Theseus?
5. Why does Aigeus command the king and the priestess to keep Theseus' identity hidden?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)