|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the next town Theseus travels to after leaving the camp?
2. After he returns home from battle, what does Theseus tell the queen?
(a) He wants her to have his baby.
(b) He is leaving her and not coming back.
(c) He has to go to Athens to have the king cleanse him of his killing.
(d) He has to go to Athens to defeat the king.
3. How does Theseus' grandfather feel when he learns Theseus didn't go on the ship?
4. In the story that Theseus' grandfather tells him, what befalls the city?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) A flood.
(c) A drought.
(d) A plague.
5. Who do the people of the town care more for as their leader?
(a) The Queen.
(b) The Prince.
(c) The Princess.
(d) The King.
6. Who is Theseus' father the son of?
7. What does Theseus decide to do about revealing his true identity to the king?
(a) He decides not to tell him.
(b) He can't decide.
(c) He decides to tell him right away.
(d) He decides to wait.
8. How does Theseus' father agree to treat the people in Eleusis?
(a) Beneath the people of Athens.
(b) As better than Athenians.
(c) As equals.
(d) As servants.
9. After Theseus' friend is killed, he comes to a camp of _________.
(a) Traveling gypsies.
(d) Young shepherds.
10. What is Theseus' house called?
11. What is the name of the road on which Theseus travels to Athens?
(a) Nisos Road.
(b) Eleusis Road.
(c) Isthmus Road.
(d) Troizen Road.
12. Why does Theseus' mother call on an oracle to look at Theseus' journey?
(a) She is hoping he will find gold.
(b) She wants to be able to tell him his future.
(c) She's worried for his safety.
(d) She wants to know if he'll be successful.
13. Who is Theseus' grandfather?
(b) King Pittheus.
(d) King Minos.
14. Who seeks to take the throne from Aigeus?
(a) His two brothers.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His sister.
(d) His uncle.
15. What is the name of the other boy who comes to serve Poseidon?
Short Answer Questions
1. What items does Theseus find under the rock?
2. Who does Theseus find to leave his sword?
3. Who do Theseus and his friend find on the side of the road?
4. How old is Theseus when he is sent to begin his service to Poseidon?
5. Why must the entire town watch Theseus and the queen?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)