|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Theseus find to leave his sword?
(b) The queen.
(d) He can't find anyone he trusts.
2. Why does Theseus' chariot crash?
(a) Theseus' driver was driving recklessly.
(b) One of the bronze lynch pins in Theseus' chariot had been replaced with a wax one.
(c) Another chariot crashed into Theseus' chariot.
(d) Theseus was run off course by the opposing army.
3. What does Theseus do for his men after they defeat the city?
(a) Gives them his own rewards, leaving none for himself.
(b) Allows them a day to do as they please.
(c) Throws a banquet for them to celebrate.
(d) Gives them all new weapons.
4. Who is Theseus' mentor?
5. In Theseus' dream, what does he use to move the rock?
(a) Wood poles.
(c) Someone helps him.
(d) A wagon.
6. Who is Theseus' father the son of?
7. Why does Theseus decide to make friends with one of the neighboring kingdoms?
(a) To barter weapons.
(b) To trade goods with them.
(c) To get them to ask the Eleusians for their help in a war.
(d) To hire servants to work in the fields.
8. What does Theseus hear the harper singing about?
(a) A city where great riches can be found.
(b) A city that moved great rocks and the methods they used.
(c) A city where potions can be found to heal the sick.
(d) A city that built great structures and the methods they used.
9. What is the name of Theseus' childhood friend who begs to come with him?
10. When Theseus is 7-years-old, what animal does his grandfather sacrifice in a ceremony?
11. What is the name of the road on which Theseus travels to Athens?
(a) Nisos Road.
(b) Isthmus Road.
(c) Eleusis Road.
(d) Troizen Road.
12. After dealing with the chariot driver, who does Theseus fight in combat?
13. Who do the people of the town care more for as their leader?
(a) The Princess.
(b) The Prince.
(c) The King.
(d) The Queen.
14. What is the name of the man who kills Theseus' friend?
15. Why did King Minos' men take the smaller boys from Troizen?
(a) To work in the fields as laborers.
(b) To train them to be soldiers.
(c) To punish the people of Troizen.
(d) To be slaves for entertainment to run with the bulls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the next town Theseus travels to after leaving the camp?
2. Why does Aigeus command the king and the priestess to keep Theseus' identity hidden?
3. Why does Theseus' mother ask him to lift the altar stone?
4. Of what city is Theseus' mother the chief priestess?
5. What is the relationship of Diokles and Theseus?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)