|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Theseus send away on a boat?
(a) The queen and her children.
(b) The soldiers of Eleusis.
(c) The king of Athens.
(d) The people of Eleusis.
2. What happens to the body of the person that's killed every year in the town?
(a) The body is buried in the town's cemetery.
(b) The body is thrown into the sea.
(c) The body is plowed into the field.
(d) The body is cremated and the ashes spread over the fields.
3. What is the relationship of Diokles and Theseus?
(a) Father and son.
(b) Uncle and nephew.
(c) Grandfather and grandson.
4. How many women had Aigeus been married to before he met Theseus' mother?
5. What do the people of the town believe must happen every year?
(a) A new queen must be crowned.
(b) The queen must sacrifice one of her children.
(c) The queen must have another child.
(d) A new king must be crowned.
6. How old is Theseus when he is sent to begin his service to Poseidon?
(a) 16 years old.
(b) 8 years old.
(c) 10 years old.
(d) 13 years old.
7. After a quarrel, what does Theseus offer to do for the queen?
(a) To help her with her problem.
(b) To buy her something new.
(c) To beat her because she has forgotten that she is a woman.
(d) To leave the town.
8. Who does Theseus go to war against?
(a) The thieves and gangs in Megara.
(b) The thieves and gangs in Athens.
(c) The thieves and gangs in Isthmus.
(d) The thieves and gangs in Eleusis.
9. Who gives Theseus a chariot driver?
10. Who do Theseus and his friend find on the side of the road?
(a) A traveling group of entertainers.
(b) A woman penniless and starving.
(c) A man beaten and left for dead.
(d) Merchants selling goods.
11. After Theseus' friend is killed, he comes to a camp of _________.
(a) Traveling gypsies.
(d) Young shepherds.
12. Who do the people of the town care more for as their leader?
(a) The Queen.
(b) The King.
(c) The Princess.
(d) The Prince.
13. What does Theseus continually pray to Poseidon about?
(a) A special weapon.
(b) For strength.
(c) A sign.
(d) For help.
14. After he returns home from battle, what does Theseus tell the queen?
(a) He wants her to have his baby.
(b) He has to go to Athens to defeat the king.
(c) He has to go to Athens to have the king cleanse him of his killing.
(d) He is leaving her and not coming back.
15. What is the name of the other boy who comes to serve Poseidon?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people of the town pick someone to do every year?
2. What does the oracle announce about Theseus' journey?
3. How is Theseus' grandfather feeling when Theseus comes to visit him?
4. Why does Theseus' chariot crash?
5. Whom do Theseus and his friend run into as they begin their journey?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)