|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Theseus decide to do about revealing his true identity to the king?
(a) He decides not to tell him.
(b) He decides to wait.
(c) He decides to tell him right away.
(d) He can't decide.
2. Who is Theseus' father the son of?
3. What items does Theseus find under the rock?
(a) Sword and sandals.
(b) Sandals and shield.
(c) Shield and sword.
(d) Helmet and shield.
4. After Theseus' friend is killed, he comes to a camp of _________.
(c) Traveling gypsies.
(d) Young shepherds.
5. What is the name of the road on which Theseus travels to Athens?
(a) Eleusis Road.
(b) Isthmus Road.
(c) Troizen Road.
(d) Nisos Road.
6. Why must the entire town watch Theseus and the queen?
(a) To reassure them of this union.
(b) To bring prosperity to the town.
(c) To ensure that the crops will grow.
(d) To ensure the continuation of the bloodline.
7. Who does Theseus' mother reveal to be his father?
(a) King Pittheus.
8. Why does Theseus decide to make friends with one of the neighboring kingdoms?
(a) To get them to ask the Eleusians for their help in a war.
(b) To barter weapons.
(c) To hire servants to work in the fields.
(d) To trade goods with them.
9. What does Theseus continually pray to Poseidon about?
(a) For strength.
(b) A special weapon.
(c) A sign.
(d) For help.
10. What is the name of the first castle Theseus comes to?
11. After he returns home from battle, what does Theseus tell the queen?
(a) He has to go to Athens to have the king cleanse him of his killing.
(b) He has to go to Athens to defeat the king.
(c) He is leaving her and not coming back.
(d) He wants her to have his baby.
12. Who is the town ruled by?
(a) The elderly.
(d) The townspeople.
13. Why does Theseus' chariot crash?
(a) Another chariot crashed into Theseus' chariot.
(b) Theseus' driver was driving recklessly.
(c) Theseus was run off course by the opposing army.
(d) One of the bronze lynch pins in Theseus' chariot had been replaced with a wax one.
14. Of what city is Theseus' mother the chief priestess?
15. How does Theseus make the people in the camp feel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people of the town believe must happen every year?
2. As Theseus heads back to his people, what does he discover the queen ordered?
3. What does the queen do after her fight with Theseus?
4. From what god is Theseus told from birth that he is begotten?
5. Who does Theseus go to war against?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)