Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Theseus continually pray to Poseidon about?
(a) For strength.
(b) A special weapon.
(c) A sign.
(d) For help.
2. Whom does Theseus send away on a boat?
(a) The king of Athens.
(b) The soldiers of Eleusis.
(c) The queen and her children.
(d) The people of Eleusis.
3. When Theseus is 7-years-old, what animal does his grandfather sacrifice in a ceremony?
4. After he returns home from battle, what does Theseus tell the queen?
(a) He wants her to have his baby.
(b) He has to go to Athens to have the king cleanse him of his killing.
(c) He is leaving her and not coming back.
(d) He has to go to Athens to defeat the king.
5. Why does Aigeus ask the king if he can go to the priestess?
(a) He has a great attraction for her and would like to make her his wife.
(b) He wants to become king.
(c) He would like to ask her for advice.
(d) He has no sons of his own and is certain the gods would grant one of this union.
6. How old is Theseus when he finishes his service to Poseidon?
(a) 11 years old.
(b) 18 years old.
(c) 15 years old.
(d) 22 years old.
7. Why did King Minos' men take the smaller boys from Troizen?
(a) To be slaves for entertainment to run with the bulls.
(b) To work in the fields as laborers.
(c) To punish the people of Troizen.
(d) To train them to be soldiers.
8. Who is Theseus' grandfather?
(b) King Pittheus.
(d) King Minos.
9. In Theseus' dream, what does he use to move the rock?
(a) Someone helps him.
(b) A wagon.
(c) Wood poles.
10. Why does Simo make fun of Theseus?
(a) He's small.
(b) He's slow.
(c) He's skinny.
(d) He's large.
11. After a quarrel, what does Theseus offer to do for the queen?
(a) To help her with her problem.
(b) To beat her because she has forgotten that she is a woman.
(c) To buy her something new.
(d) To leave the town.
12. Who seeks to take the throne from Aigeus?
(a) His sister.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His two brothers.
13. What is the name of the other boy who comes to serve Poseidon?
14. What does Theseus do to the man who kills his friend?
(a) He wounds him badly but lets him leave.
(b) He kills him.
(c) He follows him, but the man gets away.
(d) He does nothing.
15. Why does Theseus' mother call on an oracle to look at Theseus' journey?
(a) She's worried for his safety.
(b) She wants to be able to tell him his future.
(c) She wants to know if he'll be successful.
(d) She is hoping he will find gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Aigeus want Theseus to go when he is able to get the items from under the stone?
2. In the story that Theseus' grandfather tells him, what befalls the city?
3. What is the name of the first castle Theseus comes to?
4. What does Theseus decide to do about revealing his true identity to the king?
5. What does the queen do after her fight with Theseus?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)