|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Theseus' mother reveal to be his father?
(d) King Pittheus.
2. After a quarrel, what does Theseus offer to do for the queen?
(a) To beat her because she has forgotten that she is a woman.
(b) To help her with her problem.
(c) To buy her something new.
(d) To leave the town.
3. Why did King Minos' men take the smaller boys from Troizen?
(a) To punish the people of Troizen.
(b) To work in the fields as laborers.
(c) To train them to be soldiers.
(d) To be slaves for entertainment to run with the bulls.
4. Who does Theseus go to war against?
(a) The thieves and gangs in Isthmus.
(b) The thieves and gangs in Athens.
(c) The thieves and gangs in Eleusis.
(d) The thieves and gangs in Megara.
5. From what god is Theseus told from birth that he is begotten?
6. How old is Theseus when he finishes his service to Poseidon?
(a) 15 years old.
(b) 18 years old.
(c) 22 years old.
(d) 11 years old.
7. How does Theseus kill the queen's brother?
(a) A spear in his heart.
(b) A spear in his side.
(c) Chops off his head.
(d) A spear in his back.
8. What does the oracle announce about Theseus' journey?
(a) Theseus will gain riches and acquire a new kingdom.
(b) Theseus will make many friends along the way and will be very successful.
(c) Theseus will be afflicted with sickness and will die.
(d) Theseus will meet trouble and it will be serious but that the journey will not take his life.
9. What does Theseus discover when reaching the palace?
(a) The queen waiting to kill him.
(b) The queen is ill.
(c) The queen waiting in anticipation of his arrival.
(d) The queen has killed herself.
10. What does Theseus decide to do about revealing his true identity to the king?
(a) He can't decide.
(b) He decides to tell him right away.
(c) He decides to wait.
(d) He decides not to tell him.
11. What does the king violently stop Theseus from doing?
(a) Entering his chamber.
(b) Taking his first bite of food.
(c) Leaving the castle.
(d) Taking his first sip of wine.
12. After Theseus' friend is killed, he comes to a camp of _________.
(a) Young shepherds.
(c) Traveling gypsies.
13. Why does Theseus decide to make friends with one of the neighboring kingdoms?
(a) To trade goods with them.
(b) To barter weapons.
(c) To get them to ask the Eleusians for their help in a war.
(d) To hire servants to work in the fields.
14. What happens to the body of the person that's killed every year in the town?
(a) The body is cremated and the ashes spread over the fields.
(b) The body is plowed into the field.
(c) The body is thrown into the sea.
(d) The body is buried in the town's cemetery.
15. What is the name of Theseus' childhood friend who begs to come with him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the other boy who comes to serve Poseidon?
2. Of what city is Theseus' mother the chief priestess?
3. In Theseus' dream, what does he use to move the rock?
4. What does Theseus hear the harper singing about?
5. How many men is Theseus bringing to help in his father's war?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)