Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Theseus do to the chariot driver?
(a) He shows mercy and lets him go.
(b) He kills him.
(c) He makes him his slave.
(d) He ties him to a tree and leaves him.
2. How does the queen act when Theseus leaves for battle?
3. Why does Theseus choose not to travel to Athens on the ship?
(a) He gets very sick on ships.
(b) He's offended by the words of the ship's captain.
(c) He believes it would be faster to travel on land.
(d) He realizes that the ship is not big enough.
4. Who does Theseus' mother reveal to be his father?
(a) King Pittheus.
5. What is the name of the first castle Theseus comes to?
6. What is the relationship of Diokles and Theseus?
(a) Grandfather and grandson.
(c) Father and son.
(d) Uncle and nephew.
7. Why does Aigeus ask the king if he can go to the priestess?
(a) He would like to ask her for advice.
(b) He has a great attraction for her and would like to make her his wife.
(c) He wants to become king.
(d) He has no sons of his own and is certain the gods would grant one of this union.
8. Who seeks to take the throne from Aigeus?
(a) His two brothers.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His sister.
9. What do the people of the town believe must happen every year?
(a) A new queen must be crowned.
(b) The queen must have another child.
(c) A new king must be crowned.
(d) The queen must sacrifice one of her children.
10. How does Theseus' grandfather feel when he learns Theseus didn't go on the ship?
11. Why does Theseus' mother ask him to lift the altar stone?
(a) So she can retrieve her long lost treasure.
(b) So she can hide her valuables.
(c) So it's out of her way.
(d) So she can tell him who his father is.
12. Who is Theseus' father the son of?
13. What is the name of the road on which Theseus travels to Athens?
(a) Isthmus Road.
(b) Nisos Road.
(c) Eleusis Road.
(d) Troizen Road.
14. After he returns home from battle, what does Theseus tell the queen?
(a) He wants her to have his baby.
(b) He has to go to Athens to have the king cleanse him of his killing.
(c) He is leaving her and not coming back.
(d) He has to go to Athens to defeat the king.
15. Who does Theseus find to leave his sword?
(b) The queen.
(c) He can't find anyone he trusts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Theseus' mother not want Theseus to tell anyone along his journey who he is?
2. How are Theseus and his friend traveling to Athens?
3. How many women had Aigeus been married to before he met Theseus' mother?
4. What happens when Theseus stomps the ground after Simo makes fun of him?
5. How does Theseus' father agree to treat the people in Eleusis?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)