|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the people of the town care more for as their leader?
(a) The Queen.
(b) The Princess.
(c) The King.
(d) The Prince.
2. After dealing with the chariot driver, who does Theseus fight in combat?
3. Who is Theseus' father the son of?
4. What does the oracle announce about Theseus' journey?
(a) Theseus will be afflicted with sickness and will die.
(b) Theseus will make many friends along the way and will be very successful.
(c) Theseus will meet trouble and it will be serious but that the journey will not take his life.
(d) Theseus will gain riches and acquire a new kingdom.
5. In the story that Theseus' grandfather tells him, what befalls the city?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) A flood.
(c) A plague.
(d) A drought.
6. What does Theseus and his men come upon at the end of the borders?
(a) The gangs and thieves have rallied themselves to a battlefield to fight.
(b) A deserted battlefield.
(c) The gangs and thieves have joined forces with another kingdom to fight.
(d) The gangs and thieves have come to surrender.
7. Why does Theseus' mother need to give herself to the first man that is sent by the gods?
(a) To prove her humility.
(b) To atone for her past sins.
(c) To prove her devotion to the gods.
(d) To atone for the neglect given to certain gods.
8. How does Theseus make the people in the camp feel?
9. What is the name of the next town Theseus travels to after leaving the camp?
10. What is the name of the man who kills Theseus' friend?
11. After he returns home from battle, what does Theseus tell the queen?
(a) He wants her to have his baby.
(b) He has to go to Athens to have the king cleanse him of his killing.
(c) He is leaving her and not coming back.
(d) He has to go to Athens to defeat the king.
12. What does the queen announce the oracle has proclaimed about Theseus' coming?
(a) He's come to destroy the town.
(b) He's come to pay homage to the king and queen.
(c) He's come to kill the current king.
(d) He's come to marry the queen.
13. Why does Theseus decide to make friends with one of the neighboring kingdoms?
(a) To barter weapons.
(b) To get them to ask the Eleusians for their help in a war.
(c) To trade goods with them.
(d) To hire servants to work in the fields.
14. Who is Theseus' mentor?
15. What age is Theseus as he narrates the story?
(a) A child.
(b) An old man.
(c) A teenager.
(d) A young man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Theseus continually pray to Poseidon about?
2. How does Theseus' grandfather feel when he learns Theseus didn't go on the ship?
3. What does the queen do after her fight with Theseus?
4. Why does Simo make fun of Theseus?
5. Who is the queen of the town Theseus travels to?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)