|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What age is Theseus as he narrates the story?
(a) A young man.
(b) An old man.
(c) A teenager.
(d) A child.
2. What do the people of the town believe must happen every year?
(a) The queen must have another child.
(b) The queen must sacrifice one of her children.
(c) A new queen must be crowned.
(d) A new king must be crowned.
3. Where does Aigeus want Theseus to go when he is able to get the items from under the stone?
4. What does the king violently stop Theseus from doing?
(a) Taking his first bite of food.
(b) Leaving the castle.
(c) Entering his chamber.
(d) Taking his first sip of wine.
5. Why does Theseus choose not to travel to Athens on the ship?
(a) He believes it would be faster to travel on land.
(b) He realizes that the ship is not big enough.
(c) He gets very sick on ships.
(d) He's offended by the words of the ship's captain.
6. What does Theseus ask the king of the town just before taking his life?
(a) To tell him the secrets of the town.
(b) To beg for mercy.
(c) To please stop crying.
(d) To forgive him any sin for taking his life.
7. What happens to the body of the person that's killed every year in the town?
(a) The body is cremated and the ashes spread over the fields.
(b) The body is plowed into the field.
(c) The body is thrown into the sea.
(d) The body is buried in the town's cemetery.
8. How are Theseus and his friend traveling to Athens?
(a) On donkeys.
(b) By foot.
(c) On horses.
(d) In a wagon.
9. Who seeks to take the throne from Aigeus?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His two brothers.
(c) His sister.
(d) His cousin.
10. What does Theseus discover when reaching the palace?
(a) The queen is ill.
(b) The queen has killed herself.
(c) The queen waiting to kill him.
(d) The queen waiting in anticipation of his arrival.
11. After dealing with the chariot driver, who does Theseus fight in combat?
12. Who is Theseus' grandfather?
(b) King Minos.
(d) King Pittheus.
13. From what god is Theseus told from birth that he is begotten?
14. What is the relationship of Diokles and Theseus?
(a) Uncle and nephew.
(c) Grandfather and grandson.
(d) Father and son.
15. Who does Theseus go to war against?
(a) The thieves and gangs in Eleusis.
(b) The thieves and gangs in Isthmus.
(c) The thieves and gangs in Megara.
(d) The thieves and gangs in Athens.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the queen act when Theseus leaves for battle?
2. What is the name of the road on which Theseus travels to Athens?
3. How does Theseus' grandfather feel when he learns Theseus didn't go on the ship?
4. How old is Theseus when he finishes his service to Poseidon?
5. Who is the queen of the town Theseus travels to?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)