|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Theseus' house called?
2. Who does Theseus go to war against?
(a) The thieves and gangs in Athens.
(b) The thieves and gangs in Isthmus.
(c) The thieves and gangs in Eleusis.
(d) The thieves and gangs in Megara.
3. What is the name of Theseus' childhood friend who begs to come with him?
4. What does the oracle announce about Theseus' journey?
(a) Theseus will gain riches and acquire a new kingdom.
(b) Theseus will make many friends along the way and will be very successful.
(c) Theseus will be afflicted with sickness and will die.
(d) Theseus will meet trouble and it will be serious but that the journey will not take his life.
5. How does Theseus kill the queen's brother?
(a) A spear in his side.
(b) A spear in his heart.
(c) A spear in his back.
(d) Chops off his head.
6. Who do the people of the town care more for as their leader?
(a) The Queen.
(b) The King.
(c) The Prince.
(d) The Princess.
7. What is the name of the other boy who comes to serve Poseidon?
8. In the story that Theseus' grandfather tells him, what befalls the city?
(a) A flood.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A drought.
(d) A plague.
9. Why did King Minos' men take the smaller boys from Troizen?
(a) To work in the fields as laborers.
(b) To be slaves for entertainment to run with the bulls.
(c) To punish the people of Troizen.
(d) To train them to be soldiers.
10. How does Theseus' father agree to treat the people in Eleusis?
(a) As servants.
(b) Beneath the people of Athens.
(c) As equals.
(d) As better than Athenians.
11. Whom does Theseus send away on a boat?
(a) The people of Eleusis.
(b) The king of Athens.
(c) The queen and her children.
(d) The soldiers of Eleusis.
12. Who seeks to take the throne from Aigeus?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His two brothers.
(d) His sister.
13. Who is Theseus' mentor?
14. Who is the town ruled by?
(a) The elderly.
(c) The townspeople.
15. What is the name of the road on which Theseus travels to Athens?
(a) Troizen Road.
(b) Nisos Road.
(c) Isthmus Road.
(d) Eleusis Road.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Theseus choose not to travel to Athens on the ship?
2. Who does Theseus' mother reveal to be his father?
3. Who is the queen of the town Theseus travels to?
4. Why does Theseus' mother ask him to lift the altar stone?
5. What does Theseus continually pray to Poseidon about?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)