|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aigeus command the king and the priestess to keep Theseus' identity hidden?
(a) To raise him as a peasant.
(b) To enable him to have more sons.
(c) To keep him from overtaking the throne.
(d) To keep him safe.
2. Who is the ruler of the neighboring kingdom?
3. Who is Theseus' father the son of?
4. What does the queen's brother try to give Theseus' men after they defeat the city?
(b) A banquet in their honor.
(c) A smaller amount of the spoils.
(d) A larger amount of the spoils.
5. Why does Theseus decide to make friends with one of the neighboring kingdoms?
(a) To barter weapons.
(b) To trade goods with them.
(c) To get them to ask the Eleusians for their help in a war.
(d) To hire servants to work in the fields.
6. What items does Theseus find under the rock?
(a) Helmet and shield.
(b) Sword and sandals.
(c) Shield and sword.
(d) Sandals and shield.
7. After dealing with the chariot driver, who does Theseus fight in combat?
8. How are Theseus and his friend traveling to Athens?
(a) In a wagon.
(b) By foot.
(c) On donkeys.
(d) On horses.
9. What does the entire town watch Theseus and the queen doing?
(b) Sharing a glass of wine.
(d) Making love.
10. What is the name of the road on which Theseus travels to Athens?
(a) Troizen Road.
(b) Nisos Road.
(c) Eleusis Road.
(d) Isthmus Road.
11. Whom does Theseus send away on a boat?
(a) The people of Eleusis.
(b) The king of Athens.
(c) The soldiers of Eleusis.
(d) The queen and her children.
12. What does the queen do after her fight with Theseus?
(a) She demands an apology.
(b) She gets angry and leaves.
(c) She becomes silent and submissive.
(d) She breaks down crying.
13. How many women had Aigeus been married to before he met Theseus' mother?
14. How old is Theseus when he finishes his service to Poseidon?
(a) 22 years old.
(b) 11 years old.
(c) 15 years old.
(d) 18 years old.
15. Who is Theseus' grandfather?
(a) King Minos.
(b) King Pittheus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Aigeus ask the king if he can go to the priestess?
2. Why must the entire town watch Theseus and the queen?
3. What is the name of the other boy who comes to serve Poseidon?
4. Who gives Theseus a chariot driver?
5. How is Theseus' grandfather feeling when Theseus comes to visit him?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)