|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Theseus continually pray to Poseidon about?
(a) A special weapon.
(b) For help.
(c) A sign.
(d) For strength.
2. When Theseus is 7-years-old, what animal does his grandfather sacrifice in a ceremony?
3. What does Theseus and his men come upon at the end of the borders?
(a) The gangs and thieves have rallied themselves to a battlefield to fight.
(b) The gangs and thieves have come to surrender.
(c) A deserted battlefield.
(d) The gangs and thieves have joined forces with another kingdom to fight.
4. Who do the people of the town care more for as their leader?
(a) The Princess.
(b) The King.
(c) The Queen.
(d) The Prince.
5. After a quarrel, what does Theseus offer to do for the queen?
(a) To buy her something new.
(b) To beat her because she has forgotten that she is a woman.
(c) To help her with her problem.
(d) To leave the town.
6. Why does Theseus' mother call on an oracle to look at Theseus' journey?
(a) She is hoping he will find gold.
(b) She wants to know if he'll be successful.
(c) She's worried for his safety.
(d) She wants to be able to tell him his future.
7. Why does Theseus' mother need to give herself to the first man that is sent by the gods?
(a) To atone for her past sins.
(b) To prove her humility.
(c) To prove her devotion to the gods.
(d) To atone for the neglect given to certain gods.
8. After Theseus talks to his grandfather, how many days is it until a ship arrives at Troizen to take him to Athens?
(a) Thirty days.
(b) Seven days.
(c) Fourteen days.
(d) Three days.
9. How many men is Theseus bringing to help in his father's war?
(a) Five hundred men.
(b) Three thousand men.
(c) Five thousand men.
(d) A thousand men.
10. What does the king violently stop Theseus from doing?
(a) Leaving the castle.
(b) Taking his first bite of food.
(c) Taking his first sip of wine.
(d) Entering his chamber.
11. What do the people of the town believe must happen every year?
(a) A new queen must be crowned.
(b) A new king must be crowned.
(c) The queen must have another child.
(d) The queen must sacrifice one of her children.
12. Whom do Theseus and his friend run into as they begin their journey?
(c) Robbers and thieves.
(d) Old friends from home.
13. What does the queen do after her fight with Theseus?
(a) She gets angry and leaves.
(b) She breaks down crying.
(c) She demands an apology.
(d) She becomes silent and submissive.
14. What is the name of the queen's brother?
15. Who requested the death of Theseus?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Theseus make the people in the camp feel?
2. Who does Theseus find to leave his sword?
3. Where does Aigeus want Theseus to go when he is able to get the items from under the stone?
4. How does Theseus' father agree to treat the people in Eleusis?
5. How old is Theseus when he is sent to begin his service to Poseidon?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)