|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Theseus stomps the ground after Simo makes fun of him?
(a) An earthquake begins.
(b) He injures his foot.
(c) It begins to rain.
(d) A giant hole forms.
2. As Theseus heads back to his people, what does he discover the queen ordered?
(a) That he is to be killed.
(b) A banquet in his honor.
(c) A monument to be constructed in his honor.
(d) A special ceremony to celebrate his return.
3. How does Theseus make the people in the camp feel?
4. What is the name of the queen's brother?
5. What happens to the body of the person that's killed every year in the town?
(a) The body is thrown into the sea.
(b) The body is plowed into the field.
(c) The body is cremated and the ashes spread over the fields.
(d) The body is buried in the town's cemetery.
6. What does Theseus and his men come upon at the end of the borders?
(a) The gangs and thieves have come to surrender.
(b) The gangs and thieves have joined forces with another kingdom to fight.
(c) The gangs and thieves have rallied themselves to a battlefield to fight.
(d) A deserted battlefield.
7. What is the name of the road on which Theseus travels to Athens?
(a) Eleusis Road.
(b) Isthmus Road.
(c) Troizen Road.
(d) Nisos Road.
8. What does the queen announce the oracle has proclaimed about Theseus' coming?
(a) He's come to pay homage to the king and queen.
(b) He's come to marry the queen.
(c) He's come to destroy the town.
(d) He's come to kill the current king.
9. How does the queen act when Theseus leaves for battle?
10. How does Theseus' grandfather feel when he learns Theseus didn't go on the ship?
11. What does the king invite Theseus to drink with him?
(a) Fruit juice.
12. What does Theseus hear the harper singing about?
(a) A city that built great structures and the methods they used.
(b) A city where potions can be found to heal the sick.
(c) A city where great riches can be found.
(d) A city that moved great rocks and the methods they used.
13. How does Theseus kill the queen's brother?
(a) A spear in his heart.
(b) Chops off his head.
(c) A spear in his side.
(d) A spear in his back.
14. Who gives Theseus a chariot driver?
15. What is the name of the next town Theseus travels to after leaving the camp?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Theseus talks to his grandfather, how many days is it until a ship arrives at Troizen to take him to Athens?
2. Who requested the death of Theseus?
3. Why does Aigeus ask the king if he can go to the priestess?
4. Why does Theseus' mother ask him to lift the altar stone?
5. What does Theseus discover when reaching the palace?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)