Short Answer Key
Book 1: Chapter 1-4
1. What age is Theseus as he narrates the story?
An old man.
2. What is Theseus' house called?
3. Who is Theseus' grandfather?
4. From what god is Theseus told from birth that he is begotten?
5. Of what city is Theseus' mother the chief priestess?
6. When Theseus is 7-years-old, what animal does his grandfather sacrifice in a ceremony?
7. How old is Theseus when he is sent to begin his service to Poseidon?
8 years old.
8. Who is Theseus' mentor?
9. What is the name of the other boy who comes to serve Poseidon?
10. Why does Simo make fun of Theseus?
11. What does Theseus continually pray to Poseidon about?
12. What happens when Theseus stomps the ground after Simo makes fun of him?
An earthquake begins....
This section contains 2,819 words|
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)