|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 10; Book 5: Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Theseus' mother need to give herself to the first man that is sent by the gods?
(a) To atone for the neglect given to certain gods.
(b) To atone for her past sins.
(c) To prove her devotion to the gods.
(d) To prove her humility.
2. Why does Theseus decide to make friends with one of the neighboring kingdoms?
(a) To barter weapons.
(b) To get them to ask the Eleusians for their help in a war.
(c) To hire servants to work in the fields.
(d) To trade goods with them.
3. What is the name of the queen's brother?
4. During the bull dance, where do Theseus and another of the dancers get caught?
(a) In the bull's front legs.
(b) In the bull's horns.
(c) Cornered against the wall by the bull.
(d) Underneath the bull.
5. Who does Theseus watch at the bull fight and decides she is human?
(a) Sea Goddess.
(b) Moon Goddess.
(c) Spirit Goddess.
(d) Earth Goddess.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the man threw the item into the sea on the day that Theseus arrived, what was that a symbol of?
2. What does Theseus learn about the king's son from the other bull dancers?
3. After arriving in Crete, what does the man who slapped Theseus across the face throw into the ocean?
4. What does the oracle announce about Theseus' journey?
5. Where does Aigeus want Theseus to go when he is able to get the items from under the stone?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)