|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 10; Book 5: Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Theseus' mother need to give herself to the first man that is sent by the gods?
(a) To prove her humility.
(b) To atone for her past sins.
(c) To prove her devotion to the gods.
(d) To atone for the neglect given to certain gods.
2. What does the oracle announce about Theseus' journey?
(a) Theseus will gain riches and acquire a new kingdom.
(b) Theseus will meet trouble and it will be serious but that the journey will not take his life.
(c) Theseus will be afflicted with sickness and will die.
(d) Theseus will make many friends along the way and will be very successful.
3. What gift does Theseus' father give him?
(a) A chariot and horses.
(b) A castle.
(c) A ship.
(d) A sword and shield.
4. What age is Theseus as he narrates the story?
(a) An old man.
(b) A teenager.
(c) A child.
(d) A young man.
5. Why do the people of Crete come to watch the bull dancers train?
(a) To heckle and taunt them.
(b) To be entertained.
(c) To encourage them.
(d) To make bets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Theseus and his kinsmen living in Crete?
2. How does Theseus make the people in the camp feel?
3. What does Theseus pray to the gods for as they make their way out of the palace?
4. Why does Theseus' mother ask him to lift the altar stone?
5. How does Theseus kill the queen's brother?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)