|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 10; Book 5: Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aigeus ask the king if he can go to the priestess?
(a) He would like to ask her for advice.
(b) He has a great attraction for her and would like to make her his wife.
(c) He has no sons of his own and is certain the gods would grant one of this union.
(d) He wants to become king.
2. Why must the entire town watch Theseus and the queen?
(a) To bring prosperity to the town.
(b) To ensure that the crops will grow.
(c) To reassure them of this union.
(d) To ensure the continuation of the bloodline.
3. What is the name of Theseus' childhood friend who begs to come with him?
4. Why does Simo make fun of Theseus?
(a) He's large.
(b) He's slow.
(c) He's skinny.
(d) He's small.
5. How many women had Aigeus been married to before he met Theseus' mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color of flag does Theseus' father ask Theseus to run up on the ship if he returns?
2. Who requested the death of Theseus?
3. What does one of the girl dancers confess to Theseus?
4. Why won't Theseus go to his lover the night before the bull dance?
5. After arriving in Crete, what does the man who slapped Theseus across the face throw into the ocean?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)