|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 10; Book 5: Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what god is Theseus told from birth that he is begotten?
2. What is the name of Theseus' childhood friend who begs to come with him?
3. How does Theseus' father agree to treat the people in Eleusis?
(a) As equals.
(b) Beneath the people of Athens.
(c) As better than Athenians.
(d) As servants.
4. Who do the people of the town care more for as their leader?
(a) The Prince.
(b) The Queen.
(c) The King.
(d) The Princess.
5. What does Theseus think of the person who tells him the gods favor him?
(a) This person is funny.
(b) This person is old and senile.
(c) This person is cruel.
(d) This person is gentle and kind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Theseus' mother need to give herself to the first man that is sent by the gods?
2. What does Theseus and his men come upon at the end of the borders?
3. How is Theseus feeling the day following the death of Herakles?
4. What does Theseus discover when reaching the palace?
5. After Theseus' friend is killed, he comes to a camp of _________.
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)