|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 10; Book 5: Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Theseus that the gods favor him?
(a) An old woman.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
2. Who does Theseus find to leave his sword?
(b) The queen.
(d) He can't find anyone he trusts.
3. Why does Theseus decide to make friends with one of the neighboring kingdoms?
(a) To get them to ask the Eleusians for their help in a war.
(b) To trade goods with them.
(c) To barter weapons.
(d) To hire servants to work in the fields.
4. What does the king violently stop Theseus from doing?
(a) Entering his chamber.
(b) Taking his first sip of wine.
(c) Leaving the castle.
(d) Taking his first bite of food.
5. How old is Theseus when he is sent to begin his service to Poseidon?
(a) 13 years old.
(b) 10 years old.
(c) 16 years old.
(d) 8 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what island do Theseus and the bull dancers stop after leaving Crete?
2. How does the queen act when Theseus leaves for battle?
3. Who gives Theseus a chariot driver?
4. How do the people of Crete treat Theseus and his kinsmen when they arrive?
5. Who seeks to take the throne from Aigeus?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)