|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 10; Book 5: Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Theseus decide to make friends with one of the neighboring kingdoms?
(a) To hire servants to work in the fields.
(b) To get them to ask the Eleusians for their help in a war.
(c) To trade goods with them.
(d) To barter weapons.
2. Whom do Theseus and his friend run into as they begin their journey?
(a) Robbers and thieves.
(c) Old friends from home.
3. The day following Herakles death, what does Theseus remember from his childhood that explains his feelings of unease?
(a) He remembers how the floods felt.
(b) He remembers how the earthquakes felt.
(c) He remembers the sadness he felt after killing others in war.
(d) He remembers the fear he felt before engaging in war.
4. How is Theseus' grandfather feeling when Theseus comes to visit him?
5. Who is the queen of the town Theseus travels to?
Short Answer Questions
1. For what have the Crete men come to Athens?
2. What is the name of the man who kills Theseus' friend?
3. What does the man who slapped Theseus across the face call Poseidon?
4. Who is the ruler of the neighboring kingdom?
5. In the story that Theseus' grandfather tells him, what befalls the city?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)