|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 10; Book 5: Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month are Theseus and his kinsmen allowed to see a bull dance for the first time?
(a) Second month.
(b) Third month.
(c) Fourth month.
(d) First month.
2. What does Theseus do for his men after they defeat the city?
(a) Gives them his own rewards, leaving none for himself.
(b) Allows them a day to do as they please.
(c) Gives them all new weapons.
(d) Throws a banquet for them to celebrate.
3. What does Theseus ask the king of the town just before taking his life?
(a) To please stop crying.
(b) To forgive him any sin for taking his life.
(c) To tell him the secrets of the town.
(d) To beg for mercy.
4. Why is Theseus troubled by the king's son checking up on him during the bull dancer training?
(a) He thinks he'll keep him from being a leaper.
(b) He thinks he'll keep him from being a catcher.
(c) He thinks he'll keep him from being a chaser.
(d) He thinks he'll keep him from being a dancer.
5. What is the name of the other boy who comes to serve Poseidon?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the ruler of the neighboring kingdom?
2. How is Theseus feeling the day following the death of Herakles?
3. How old is Theseus when he finishes his service to Poseidon?
4. Who calls Theseus to a secret meeting chamber?
5. What does Theseus learn about the king's son from the other bull dancers?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)