|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 10; Book 5: Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Theseus do to the man who kills his friend?
(a) He kills him.
(b) He follows him, but the man gets away.
(c) He wounds him badly but lets him leave.
(d) He does nothing.
2. What does Theseus pray to the gods for as they make their way out of the palace?
(a) The ability to control the bull dancers in their anger.
(b) The ability to control the bull dancers in their fear.
(c) The ability to control the bull dancers in their nervousness.
(d) The ability to control the bull dancers in their excitement.
3. How does Theseus' father agree to treat the people in Eleusis?
(a) As equals.
(b) Beneath the people of Athens.
(c) As better than Athenians.
(d) As servants.
4. For what have the Crete men come to Athens?
(a) To barter goods.
(b) A tribute of young boys and girls.
(c) To start a war.
(d) A tribute of men and women.
5. Why are Theseus and the bull dancers smuggling things?
(a) They are planning to take a stand against the king's son.
(b) They are planning on helping all of the bull dancers.
(c) They want to become wealthy.
(d) They are planning on escaping.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Theseus' dream, what does he use to move the rock?
2. How many men is Theseus bringing to help in his father's war?
3. Why did someone give the bull medicine to make him mad?
4. What does Theseus think of the person who tells him the gods favor him?
5. Theseus has heard that if a dancer lasts _____ years the goddess sets them free.
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)