|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 10; Book 5: Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Theseus and his friend find on the side of the road?
(a) A man beaten and left for dead.
(b) Merchants selling goods.
(c) A traveling group of entertainers.
(d) A woman penniless and starving.
2. In Theseus' dream, what does he use to move the rock?
(a) A wagon.
(b) Wood poles.
(c) Someone helps him.
3. Why does Theseus take a different path every night on the way to meet his lover?
(a) To strengthen his body for bull dancing.
(b) To make sure no one is following him.
(c) To ward off bad spirits.
(d) So he can map out several places that he might need later on.
4. Why does Theseus choose not to travel to Athens on the ship?
(a) He's offended by the words of the ship's captain.
(b) He realizes that the ship is not big enough.
(c) He gets very sick on ships.
(d) He believes it would be faster to travel on land.
5. What does Theseus learn about the king's son from the other bull dancers?
(a) That the man is the King's son.
(b) That the man is not the King's real son.
(c) That the man wants to kill Theseus.
(d) That the man wants to save Theseus.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what have the Crete men come to Athens?
2. How does the queen act when Theseus leaves for battle?
3. Why does Aigeus ask the king if he can go to the priestess?
4. What does Theseus tell the bull dancers as they make their way out of the palace?
5. How many women had Aigeus been married to before he met Theseus' mother?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)