|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the people of Crete come to watch the bull dancers train?
(a) To encourage them.
(b) To make bets.
(c) To be entertained.
(d) To heckle and taunt them.
2. What does the oracle announce about Theseus' journey?
(a) Theseus will make many friends along the way and will be very successful.
(b) Theseus will be afflicted with sickness and will die.
(c) Theseus will gain riches and acquire a new kingdom.
(d) Theseus will meet trouble and it will be serious but that the journey will not take his life.
3. What does the entire town watch Theseus and the queen doing?
(c) Making love.
(d) Sharing a glass of wine.
4. After Theseus talks to his grandfather, how many days is it until a ship arrives at Troizen to take him to Athens?
(a) Three days.
(b) Thirty days.
(c) Fourteen days.
(d) Seven days.
5. What is the life expectancy of a bull dancer?
(a) One month.
(b) Six months.
(c) Three months.
(d) Twelve months.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Theseus' father agree to treat the people in Eleusis?
2. What happens to the body of the person that's killed every year in the town?
3. How does Theseus kill the queen's brother?
4. After a quarrel, what does Theseus offer to do for the queen?
5. What disease afflicts the king of Crete?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)