|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what have the Crete men come to Athens?
(a) To barter goods.
(b) To start a war.
(c) A tribute of young boys and girls.
(d) A tribute of men and women.
2. What gift does Theseus' father give him?
(a) A ship.
(b) A chariot and horses.
(c) A castle.
(d) A sword and shield.
3. What happens to the body of the person that's killed every year in the town?
(a) The body is plowed into the field.
(b) The body is cremated and the ashes spread over the fields.
(c) The body is thrown into the sea.
(d) The body is buried in the town's cemetery.
4. Why does Theseus take a different path every night on the way to meet his lover?
(a) To ward off bad spirits.
(b) To strengthen his body for bull dancing.
(c) To make sure no one is following him.
(d) So he can map out several places that he might need later on.
5. What is one place that Theseus finds useful on his way to meet his lover?
(a) The gold treasury.
(b) The ancient armory.
(c) The library.
(d) The records room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the queen sleep with that angers the king?
2. What is Theseus offered at the dinner party?
3. What is the name of the next town Theseus travels to after leaving the camp?
4. Why does Theseus' mother ask him to lift the altar stone?
5. What does the queen's brother try to give Theseus' men after they defeat the city?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)