|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Theseus' childhood friend who begs to come with him?
2. Theseus has heard that if a dancer lasts _____ years the goddess sets them free.
3. What do the people of the town believe must happen every year?
(a) The queen must have another child.
(b) A new queen must be crowned.
(c) The queen must sacrifice one of her children.
(d) A new king must be crowned.
4. What is Theseus and the other cranes considered to be?
5. Why must the entire town watch Theseus and the queen?
(a) To bring prosperity to the town.
(b) To reassure them of this union.
(c) To ensure that the crops will grow.
(d) To ensure the continuation of the bloodline.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the other boy who comes to serve Poseidon?
2. What color of flag does Theseus' father ask Theseus to run up on the ship if he returns?
3. What happens when Theseus stomps the ground after Simo makes fun of him?
4. For what have the Crete men come to Athens?
5. Where does Aigeus want Theseus to go when he is able to get the items from under the stone?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)