|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man who kills Theseus' friend?
2. In the story that Theseus' grandfather tells him, what befalls the city?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) A plague.
(c) A drought.
(d) A flood.
3. What does Theseus think of the person who tells him the gods favor him?
(a) This person is cruel.
(b) This person is old and senile.
(c) This person is gentle and kind.
(d) This person is funny.
4. Why does Aigeus command the king and the priestess to keep Theseus' identity hidden?
(a) To enable him to have more sons.
(b) To keep him from overtaking the throne.
(c) To raise him as a peasant.
(d) To keep him safe.
5. What does Theseus decide to do about revealing his true identity to the king?
(a) He can't decide.
(b) He decides to wait.
(c) He decides to tell him right away.
(d) He decides not to tell him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Theseus' father give him?
2. After arriving in Crete, what does the man who slapped Theseus across the face throw into the ocean?
3. What happens to the bull after the dance?
4. What is the king wearing when the Theseus and his kinsmen first see him in the House of the Axe?
5. How many men is Theseus bringing to help in his father's war?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)