|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Theseus after the bull dance?
(a) He is hurt but lives.
(b) He is banished from bull dancing.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He is killed.
2. What does one of the girl dancers confess to Theseus?
(a) She wants to die first.
(b) She wants to be a leaper.
(c) She is bull shy.
(d) She is terrified of the bull.
3. Why does Theseus choose not to travel to Athens on the ship?
(a) He gets very sick on ships.
(b) He's offended by the words of the ship's captain.
(c) He believes it would be faster to travel on land.
(d) He realizes that the ship is not big enough.
4. What does the queen do after her fight with Theseus?
(a) She gets angry and leaves.
(b) She demands an apology.
(c) She becomes silent and submissive.
(d) She breaks down crying.
5. Who does Theseus go to war against?
(a) The thieves and gangs in Athens.
(b) The thieves and gangs in Megara.
(c) The thieves and gangs in Isthmus.
(d) The thieves and gangs in Eleusis.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first three months, how many members do the cranes lose bull dancing?
2. Why does the king ask Theseus to take his life?
3. What is the name of the bull dancer who jumps up and over the bull?
4. What does Theseus name their bull?
5. What does Theseus hear the harper singing about?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)