|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aigeus ask the king if he can go to the priestess?
(a) He has a great attraction for her and would like to make her his wife.
(b) He has no sons of his own and is certain the gods would grant one of this union.
(c) He would like to ask her for advice.
(d) He wants to become king.
2. What happens to the bull after the dance?
(a) The bull is sacrificed.
(b) The bull falls in the dirt and dies.
(c) The bull is injured.
(d) The bull is never used in bull dancing again.
3. Why do the people of Crete come to watch the bull dancers train?
(a) To be entertained.
(b) To make bets.
(c) To encourage them.
(d) To heckle and taunt them.
4. After a quarrel, what does Theseus offer to do for the queen?
(a) To leave the town.
(b) To help her with her problem.
(c) To beat her because she has forgotten that she is a woman.
(d) To buy her something new.
5. Of what city is Theseus' mother the chief priestess?
Short Answer Questions
1. As Theseus heads back to his people, what does he discover the queen ordered?
2. Who tells Theseus that the gods favor him?
3. Why won't Theseus go to his lover the night before the bull dance?
4. What happens when Theseus and his kinsmen are allowed to watch the bull dance?
5. After arriving in Crete, what does the man who slapped Theseus across the face throw into the ocean?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)