|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disease afflicts the king of Crete?
(a) Heart disease.
(c) Lyme disease.
2. After dealing with the chariot driver, who does Theseus fight in combat?
3. For what have the Crete men come to Athens?
(a) To start a war.
(b) To barter goods.
(c) A tribute of young boys and girls.
(d) A tribute of men and women.
4. How many men is Theseus bringing to help in his father's war?
(a) Three thousand men.
(b) Five thousand men.
(c) Five hundred men.
(d) A thousand men.
5. How do the people of Crete treat Theseus and his kinsmen when they arrive?
(a) They are mocked and ridiculed.
(b) They are applauded and followed around the city.
(c) They are prodded and pinched like cattle.
(d) They are nervous and shy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Theseus has heard that if a dancer lasts _____ years the goddess sets them free.
2. What is the name of the man who kills Theseus' friend?
3. How did the queen of Crete treat her son when he was young?
4. Why does Theseus' mother ask him to lift the altar stone?
5. Who is the town ruled by?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)