|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Theseus stomps the ground after Simo makes fun of him?
(a) An earthquake begins.
(b) A giant hole forms.
(c) He injures his foot.
(d) It begins to rain.
2. Why is the bull never to be killed or hurt?
(a) He is the queen's favorite animal.
(b) The god dwells in him.
(c) He is the king's favorite animal.
(d) It would bring bad luck to the kingdom.
3. What does the king violently stop Theseus from doing?
(a) Taking his first bite of food.
(b) Entering his chamber.
(c) Taking his first sip of wine.
(d) Leaving the castle.
4. How does Theseus' father agree to treat the people in Eleusis?
(a) Beneath the people of Athens.
(b) As servants.
(c) As equals.
(d) As better than Athenians.
5. After a quarrel, what does Theseus offer to do for the queen?
(a) To help her with her problem.
(b) To leave the town.
(c) To buy her something new.
(d) To beat her because she has forgotten that she is a woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the queen of Crete treat her son when he was young?
2. What does the queen's brother try to give Theseus' men after they defeat the city?
3. Who does Theseus watch at the bull fight and decides she is human?
4. Who gave the bull medicine to make him mad?
5. Who is going to send a message to Theseus' father, asking for help in stopping the son of the king of Crete?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)