|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Theseus after the bull dance?
(a) He is killed.
(b) He is banished from bull dancing.
(c) He is hurt but lives.
(d) He runs away.
2. Whom does Theseus send away on a boat?
(a) The people of Eleusis.
(b) The soldiers of Eleusis.
(c) The queen and her children.
(d) The king of Athens.
3. How many men is Theseus bringing to help in his father's war?
(a) Five hundred men.
(b) A thousand men.
(c) Three thousand men.
(d) Five thousand men.
4. As Theseus heads back to his people, what does he discover the queen ordered?
(a) A banquet in his honor.
(b) A monument to be constructed in his honor.
(c) That he is to be killed.
(d) A special ceremony to celebrate his return.
5. Who is the town ruled by?
(b) The townspeople.
(c) The elderly.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the people of Crete treat Theseus and his kinsmen when they arrive?
2. What does Theseus name their bull?
3. What is the name of the king's woman?
4. Who does Theseus' lover take him to see in a secret lair under the palace?
5. Who tells Theseus that the gods favor him?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)