|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Theseus' father rule?
2. What does the king violently stop Theseus from doing?
(a) Taking his first bite of food.
(b) Leaving the castle.
(c) Taking his first sip of wine.
(d) Entering his chamber.
3. What does Theseus discover when reaching the palace?
(a) The queen waiting in anticipation of his arrival.
(b) The queen waiting to kill him.
(c) The queen is ill.
(d) The queen has killed herself.
4. Who is Theseus' mentor?
5. How do the people of Crete treat Theseus and his kinsmen when they arrive?
(a) They are mocked and ridiculed.
(b) They are nervous and shy.
(c) They are applauded and followed around the city.
(d) They are prodded and pinched like cattle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the war last?
2. Why did King Minos' men take the smaller boys from Troizen?
3. How does Theseus' father agree to treat the people in Eleusis?
4. After he returns home from battle, what does Theseus tell the queen?
5. What do the people of the town believe must happen every year?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)