|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Theseus' dream, what does he use to move the rock?
(a) Someone helps him.
(b) Wood poles.
(c) A wagon.
2. What disease afflicts the king of Crete?
(b) Lyme disease.
(c) Heart disease.
3. Who is the man that threw the item in the sea for Theseus to retrieve?
4. What does the king violently stop Theseus from doing?
(a) Leaving the castle.
(b) Entering his chamber.
(c) Taking his first sip of wine.
(d) Taking his first bite of food.
5. Why does Theseus' chariot crash?
(a) Another chariot crashed into Theseus' chariot.
(b) Theseus' driver was driving recklessly.
(c) One of the bronze lynch pins in Theseus' chariot had been replaced with a wax one.
(d) Theseus was run off course by the opposing army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the people of Crete come to watch the bull dancers train?
2. What items does Theseus find under the rock?
3. Why does Aigeus command the king and the priestess to keep Theseus' identity hidden?
4. What happens when Theseus and his kinsmen are allowed to watch the bull dance?
5. Why did someone give the bull medicine to make him mad?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)