|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a bull dancer, what does Theseus decide he wants to be?
(a) A dancer.
(b) A catcher.
(c) A leaper.
(d) A chaser.
2. After he returns home from battle, what does Theseus tell the queen?
(a) He has to go to Athens to defeat the king.
(b) He wants her to have his baby.
(c) He is leaving her and not coming back.
(d) He has to go to Athens to have the king cleanse him of his killing.
3. What does Theseus discover when reaching the palace?
(a) The queen is ill.
(b) The queen waiting in anticipation of his arrival.
(c) The queen has killed herself.
(d) The queen waiting to kill him.
4. As Theseus heads back to his people, what does he discover the queen ordered?
(a) That he is to be killed.
(b) A banquet in his honor.
(c) A special ceremony to celebrate his return.
(d) A monument to be constructed in his honor.
5. Who does the queen sleep with that angers the king?
(a) His brother.
(b) His best friend.
(c) A young bull dancer.
(d) A rival king.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Theseus' father the son of?
2. Who does Theseus' mother reveal to be his father?
3. In what month are Theseus and his kinsmen allowed to see a bull dance for the first time?
4. Why does Theseus' mother not want Theseus to tell anyone along his journey who he is?
5. Who is the queen of the town Theseus travels to?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)