|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did King Minos' men take the smaller boys from Troizen?
(a) To punish the people of Troizen.
(b) To be slaves for entertainment to run with the bulls.
(c) To work in the fields as laborers.
(d) To train them to be soldiers.
2. What items does Theseus find under the rock?
(a) Shield and sword.
(b) Sandals and shield.
(c) Sword and sandals.
(d) Helmet and shield.
3. What does Theseus think of the person who tells him the gods favor him?
(a) This person is gentle and kind.
(b) This person is cruel.
(c) This person is old and senile.
(d) This person is funny.
4. Where does Theseus' father rule?
5. After three months of bull dancing, who calls Theseus to his home to dine?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why must the entire town watch Theseus and the queen?
2. What does Theseus name their bull?
3. What does one of the girl dancers confess to Theseus?
4. Why does Theseus' mother need to give herself to the first man that is sent by the gods?
5. After Theseus and his kinsmen have practiced and before they are ready for their dance, who comes to check on them?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)