|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the body of the person that's killed every year in the town?
(a) The body is buried in the town's cemetery.
(b) The body is plowed into the field.
(c) The body is cremated and the ashes spread over the fields.
(d) The body is thrown into the sea.
2. What age is Theseus as he narrates the story?
(a) A child.
(b) A young man.
(c) A teenager.
(d) An old man.
3. Why does Theseus' mother call on an oracle to look at Theseus' journey?
(a) She wants to know if he'll be successful.
(b) She's worried for his safety.
(c) She wants to be able to tell him his future.
(d) She is hoping he will find gold.
4. How many months will the bull dancers have to train?
(a) Six months.
(b) Three months.
(c) One month.
(d) Two weeks.
5. For what have the Crete men come to Athens?
(a) To start a war.
(b) A tribute of young boys and girls.
(c) A tribute of men and women.
(d) To barter goods.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Theseus heads back to his people, what does he discover the queen ordered?
2. Why does Aigeus command the king and the priestess to keep Theseus' identity hidden?
3. What two things will end the bull dancing?
4. After a quarrel, what does Theseus offer to do for the queen?
5. Who tells Theseus that the gods favor him?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)