|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Theseus' father agree to treat the people in Eleusis?
(a) As servants.
(b) Beneath the people of Athens.
(c) As equals.
(d) As better than Athenians.
2. Who do Theseus and his friend find on the side of the road?
(a) A traveling group of entertainers.
(b) A man beaten and left for dead.
(c) A woman penniless and starving.
(d) Merchants selling goods.
3. How does the queen act when Theseus leaves for battle?
4. Why does Aigeus ask the king if he can go to the priestess?
(a) He has no sons of his own and is certain the gods would grant one of this union.
(b) He would like to ask her for advice.
(c) He wants to become king.
(d) He has a great attraction for her and would like to make her his wife.
5. What does Theseus decide to do about revealing his true identity to the king?
(a) He decides not to tell him.
(b) He decides to wait.
(c) He decides to tell him right away.
(d) He can't decide.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Theseus' father rule?
2. How many women had Aigeus been married to before he met Theseus' mother?
3. What does Theseus name their bull?
4. What does the king violently stop Theseus from doing?
5. What is the relationship of Diokles and Theseus?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)