|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the people of Crete come to watch the bull dancers train?
(a) To make bets.
(b) To be entertained.
(c) To encourage them.
(d) To heckle and taunt them.
2. What happens to the body of the person that's killed every year in the town?
(a) The body is thrown into the sea.
(b) The body is cremated and the ashes spread over the fields.
(c) The body is plowed into the field.
(d) The body is buried in the town's cemetery.
3. How old is Theseus when he is sent to begin his service to Poseidon?
(a) 8 years old.
(b) 16 years old.
(c) 13 years old.
(d) 10 years old.
4. What does Theseus and his men come upon at the end of the borders?
(a) The gangs and thieves have joined forces with another kingdom to fight.
(b) The gangs and thieves have come to surrender.
(c) The gangs and thieves have rallied themselves to a battlefield to fight.
(d) A deserted battlefield.
5. Where are Theseus and his kinsmen living in Crete?
(a) The Bull Court.
(b) The castle.
(c) A house in the country.
(d) The dungeons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Theseus a chariot driver?
2. How many men is Theseus bringing to help in his father's war?
3. Why does Aigeus ask the king if he can go to the priestess?
4. What two things will end the bull dancing?
5. After three months of bull dancing, who calls Theseus to his home to dine?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)