|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the people of Crete treat Theseus and his kinsmen when they arrive?
(a) They are nervous and shy.
(b) They are mocked and ridiculed.
(c) They are prodded and pinched like cattle.
(d) They are applauded and followed around the city.
2. What does the queen do after her fight with Theseus?
(a) She breaks down crying.
(b) She demands an apology.
(c) She becomes silent and submissive.
(d) She gets angry and leaves.
3. Why is Theseus proclaimed the leader of the bull dancers in Crete?
(a) He was the one that gave himself to the gods.
(b) He is the strongest.
(c) He is the bravest.
(d) He is heir to the throne.
4. What is the name of the bull god?
5. What happens in the last month of bull dancer training?
(a) They must fight to see who will dance first with the bull.
(b) They go to the pasture to get a bull, but they don't get to pick.
(c) They practice dancing with the bulls.
(d) They get to pick their bull.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Theseus' childhood friend who begs to come with him?
2. What does the entire town watch Theseus and the queen doing?
3. What happens when Theseus and his kinsmen are allowed to watch the bull dance?
4. How does Theseus' father agree to treat the people in Eleusis?
5. In Theseus' dream, what does he use to move the rock?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)