|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 3; Book 3: Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aigeus ask the king if he can go to the priestess?
(a) He has a great attraction for her and would like to make her his wife.
(b) He wants to become king.
(c) He would like to ask her for advice.
(d) He has no sons of his own and is certain the gods would grant one of this union.
2. After dealing with the chariot driver, who does Theseus fight in combat?
3. What happens to the body of the person that's killed every year in the town?
(a) The body is plowed into the field.
(b) The body is cremated and the ashes spread over the fields.
(c) The body is buried in the town's cemetery.
(d) The body is thrown into the sea.
4. Who does Theseus go to war against?
(a) The thieves and gangs in Athens.
(b) The thieves and gangs in Eleusis.
(c) The thieves and gangs in Megara.
(d) The thieves and gangs in Isthmus.
5. What does the king invite Theseus to drink with him?
(a) Fruit juice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Theseus do to the chariot driver?
2. What does the entire town watch Theseus and the queen doing?
3. What is the name of the road on which Theseus travels to Athens?
4. What age is Theseus as he narrates the story?
5. What items does Theseus find under the rock?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)