|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 3; Book 3: Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many women had Aigeus been married to before he met Theseus' mother?
2. Why does Aigeus command the king and the priestess to keep Theseus' identity hidden?
(a) To enable him to have more sons.
(b) To keep him safe.
(c) To raise him as a peasant.
(d) To keep him from overtaking the throne.
3. Who do the people of the town care more for as their leader?
(a) The Prince.
(b) The Princess.
(c) The King.
(d) The Queen.
4. Who is the ruler of the neighboring kingdom?
5. What does the queen do after her fight with Theseus?
(a) She breaks down crying.
(b) She demands an apology.
(c) She becomes silent and submissive.
(d) She gets angry and leaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Theseus decide to do about revealing his true identity to the king?
2. Why does Theseus' mother ask him to lift the altar stone?
3. Where does Theseus' father rule?
4. What does the oracle announce about Theseus' journey?
5. What does Theseus continually pray to Poseidon about?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)