|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 3; Book 3: Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What age is Theseus as he narrates the story?
(a) An old man.
(b) A teenager.
(c) A young man.
(d) A child.
2. Who is the town ruled by?
(a) The townspeople.
(b) The elderly.
3. After Theseus' friend is killed, he comes to a camp of _________.
(a) Traveling gypsies.
(c) Young shepherds.
4. Why did King Minos' men take the smaller boys from Troizen?
(a) To punish the people of Troizen.
(b) To work in the fields as laborers.
(c) To be slaves for entertainment to run with the bulls.
(d) To train them to be soldiers.
5. How many men is Theseus bringing to help in his father's war?
(a) Five thousand men.
(b) Three thousand men.
(c) Five hundred men.
(d) A thousand men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Theseus discover when reaching the palace?
2. Whom do Theseus and his friend run into as they begin their journey?
3. Why does Theseus choose not to travel to Athens on the ship?
4. What does Theseus hear the harper singing about?
5. What does Theseus do to the man who kills his friend?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)