|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 3; Book 3: Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what god is Theseus told from birth that he is begotten?
2. What does Theseus do for his men after they defeat the city?
(a) Gives them his own rewards, leaving none for himself.
(b) Gives them all new weapons.
(c) Allows them a day to do as they please.
(d) Throws a banquet for them to celebrate.
3. Why does Aigeus command the king and the priestess to keep Theseus' identity hidden?
(a) To keep him safe.
(b) To raise him as a peasant.
(c) To keep him from overtaking the throne.
(d) To enable him to have more sons.
4. What does the oracle announce about Theseus' journey?
(a) Theseus will meet trouble and it will be serious but that the journey will not take his life.
(b) Theseus will be afflicted with sickness and will die.
(c) Theseus will make many friends along the way and will be very successful.
(d) Theseus will gain riches and acquire a new kingdom.
5. Who seeks to take the throne from Aigeus?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His two brothers.
(d) His sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Theseus' mother call on an oracle to look at Theseus' journey?
2. How does Theseus' father agree to treat the people in Eleusis?
3. What does Theseus continually pray to Poseidon about?
4. Why does Theseus' mother ask him to lift the altar stone?
5. After Theseus' friend is killed, he comes to a camp of _________.
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)