|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 3; Book 3: Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Simo make fun of Theseus?
(a) He's small.
(b) He's large.
(c) He's slow.
(d) He's skinny.
2. What does the oracle announce about Theseus' journey?
(a) Theseus will be afflicted with sickness and will die.
(b) Theseus will make many friends along the way and will be very successful.
(c) Theseus will gain riches and acquire a new kingdom.
(d) Theseus will meet trouble and it will be serious but that the journey will not take his life.
3. Who is Theseus' mentor?
4. What does Theseus continually pray to Poseidon about?
(a) A sign.
(b) A special weapon.
(c) For help.
(d) For strength.
5. What happens when Theseus stomps the ground after Simo makes fun of him?
(a) It begins to rain.
(b) An earthquake begins.
(c) He injures his foot.
(d) A giant hole forms.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Theseus is 7-years-old, what animal does his grandfather sacrifice in a ceremony?
2. How are Theseus and his friend traveling to Athens?
3. Why did King Minos' men take the smaller boys from Troizen?
4. What do the people of the town pick someone to do every year?
5. Why does Theseus' mother not want Theseus to tell anyone along his journey who he is?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)