|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 3; Book 3: Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the queen's brother?
2. What does Theseus discover when reaching the palace?
(a) The queen has killed herself.
(b) The queen waiting to kill him.
(c) The queen is ill.
(d) The queen waiting in anticipation of his arrival.
3. Who does Theseus go to war against?
(a) The thieves and gangs in Eleusis.
(b) The thieves and gangs in Megara.
(c) The thieves and gangs in Isthmus.
(d) The thieves and gangs in Athens.
4. What is Theseus' house called?
5. Why does Theseus' mother not want Theseus to tell anyone along his journey who he is?
(a) She fears they'd want him dead because he's heir to his father's kingdom.
(b) She fears a woman might seduce him because of his birthright.
(c) She worries he'd be robbed of his possessions.
(d) She has many enemies that would kill him because he's her son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the king violently stop Theseus from doing?
2. What does the queen do after her fight with Theseus?
3. Of what city is Theseus' mother the chief priestess?
4. Who is Theseus' mentor?
5. When Theseus is 7-years-old, what animal does his grandfather sacrifice in a ceremony?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)