|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 3; Book 3: Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the king violently stop Theseus from doing?
(a) Entering his chamber.
(b) Taking his first sip of wine.
(c) Taking his first bite of food.
(d) Leaving the castle.
2. Who does Theseus go to war against?
(a) The thieves and gangs in Eleusis.
(b) The thieves and gangs in Megara.
(c) The thieves and gangs in Athens.
(d) The thieves and gangs in Isthmus.
3. What is the relationship of Diokles and Theseus?
(b) Grandfather and grandson.
(c) Uncle and nephew.
(d) Father and son.
4. After Theseus talks to his grandfather, how many days is it until a ship arrives at Troizen to take him to Athens?
(a) Thirty days.
(b) Three days.
(c) Fourteen days.
(d) Seven days.
5. When Theseus is 7-years-old, what animal does his grandfather sacrifice in a ceremony?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Theseus send away on a boat?
2. How old is Theseus when he is sent to begin his service to Poseidon?
3. What does Theseus decide to do about revealing his true identity to the king?
4. What is the name of the queen's brother?
5. Why does Theseus choose not to travel to Athens on the ship?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)