|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 3; Book 3: Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Theseus decide to make friends with one of the neighboring kingdoms?
(a) To get them to ask the Eleusians for their help in a war.
(b) To trade goods with them.
(c) To hire servants to work in the fields.
(d) To barter weapons.
2. How does Theseus make the people in the camp feel?
3. How many men is Theseus bringing to help in his father's war?
(a) Five thousand men.
(b) Five hundred men.
(c) Three thousand men.
(d) A thousand men.
4. What is the name of Theseus' childhood friend who begs to come with him?
5. After he returns home from battle, what does Theseus tell the queen?
(a) He has to go to Athens to have the king cleanse him of his killing.
(b) He is leaving her and not coming back.
(c) He has to go to Athens to defeat the king.
(d) He wants her to have his baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Theseus choose not to travel to Athens on the ship?
2. What does the king violently stop Theseus from doing?
3. What do the people of the town believe must happen every year?
4. Who is the queen of the town Theseus travels to?
5. What items does Theseus find under the rock?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)