|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 3; Book 3: Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Theseus' mother not want Theseus to tell anyone along his journey who he is?
(a) She worries he'd be robbed of his possessions.
(b) She fears a woman might seduce him because of his birthright.
(c) She has many enemies that would kill him because he's her son.
(d) She fears they'd want him dead because he's heir to his father's kingdom.
2. What is the name of the queen's brother?
3. Who does Theseus find to leave his sword?
(b) The queen.
(d) He can't find anyone he trusts.
4. How does the queen act when Theseus leaves for battle?
5. Who seeks to take the throne from Aigeus?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His two brothers.
(d) His sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the town ruled by?
2. Who is Theseus' grandfather?
3. What does the queen do after her fight with Theseus?
4. After dealing with the chariot driver, who does Theseus fight in combat?
5. Why does Theseus' mother ask him to lift the altar stone?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)