|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 3; Book 3: Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who seeks to take the throne from Aigeus?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His sister.
(d) His two brothers.
2. What happens when Theseus stomps the ground after Simo makes fun of him?
(a) An earthquake begins.
(b) A giant hole forms.
(c) It begins to rain.
(d) He injures his foot.
3. What does Theseus discover when reaching the palace?
(a) The queen waiting to kill him.
(b) The queen is ill.
(c) The queen waiting in anticipation of his arrival.
(d) The queen has killed herself.
4. In the story that Theseus' grandfather tells him, what befalls the city?
(a) A drought.
(b) A plague.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) A flood.
5. Why does Theseus' mother need to give herself to the first man that is sent by the gods?
(a) To atone for the neglect given to certain gods.
(b) To prove her humility.
(c) To atone for her past sins.
(d) To prove her devotion to the gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Theseus' grandfather feeling when Theseus comes to visit him?
2. As Theseus heads back to his people, what does he discover the queen ordered?
3. How does Theseus' father agree to treat the people in Eleusis?
4. What is the name of the other boy who comes to serve Poseidon?
5. After he returns home from battle, what does Theseus tell the queen?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)