|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 3; Book 3: Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Theseus' mother ask him to lift the altar stone?
(a) So she can retrieve her long lost treasure.
(b) So it's out of her way.
(c) So she can hide her valuables.
(d) So she can tell him who his father is.
2. Who requested the death of Theseus?
3. How is Theseus' grandfather feeling when Theseus comes to visit him?
4. What does Theseus do to the chariot driver?
(a) He ties him to a tree and leaves him.
(b) He shows mercy and lets him go.
(c) He kills him.
(d) He makes him his slave.
5. After Theseus' friend is killed, he comes to a camp of _________.
(a) Traveling gypsies.
(d) Young shepherds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Theseus continually pray to Poseidon about?
2. Who do the people of the town care more for as their leader?
3. Why does Aigeus command the king and the priestess to keep Theseus' identity hidden?
4. What does Theseus and his men come upon at the end of the borders?
5. What does the queen do after her fight with Theseus?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)