|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 3; Book 3: Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Theseus' chariot crash?
(a) Another chariot crashed into Theseus' chariot.
(b) One of the bronze lynch pins in Theseus' chariot had been replaced with a wax one.
(c) Theseus was run off course by the opposing army.
(d) Theseus' driver was driving recklessly.
2. Whom does Theseus send away on a boat?
(a) The king of Athens.
(b) The queen and her children.
(c) The soldiers of Eleusis.
(d) The people of Eleusis.
3. After Theseus talks to his grandfather, how many days is it until a ship arrives at Troizen to take him to Athens?
(a) Three days.
(b) Fourteen days.
(c) Seven days.
(d) Thirty days.
4. In Theseus' dream, what does he use to move the rock?
(a) Someone helps him.
(b) A wagon.
(c) Wood poles.
5. What does the queen do after her fight with Theseus?
(a) She demands an apology.
(b) She breaks down crying.
(c) She becomes silent and submissive.
(d) She gets angry and leaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Theseus decide to make friends with one of the neighboring kingdoms?
2. What age is Theseus as he narrates the story?
3. After a quarrel, what does Theseus offer to do for the queen?
4. After he returns home from battle, what does Theseus tell the queen?
5. What is the name of the first castle Theseus comes to?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)