|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 3; Book 3: Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What age is Theseus as he narrates the story?
(a) An old man.
(b) A young man.
(c) A teenager.
(d) A child.
2. What does Theseus and his men come upon at the end of the borders?
(a) A deserted battlefield.
(b) The gangs and thieves have joined forces with another kingdom to fight.
(c) The gangs and thieves have come to surrender.
(d) The gangs and thieves have rallied themselves to a battlefield to fight.
3. As Theseus heads back to his people, what does he discover the queen ordered?
(a) That he is to be killed.
(b) A special ceremony to celebrate his return.
(c) A monument to be constructed in his honor.
(d) A banquet in his honor.
4. How does Theseus make the people in the camp feel?
5. How are Theseus and his friend traveling to Athens?
(a) On horses.
(b) On donkeys.
(c) In a wagon.
(d) By foot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Theseus send away on a boat?
2. What is the name of the road on which Theseus travels to Athens?
3. What is the name of Theseus' childhood friend who begs to come with him?
4. What do the people of the town pick someone to do every year?
5. What does the king violently stop Theseus from doing?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)