|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 3; Book 3: Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Theseus when he is sent to begin his service to Poseidon?
(a) 16 years old.
(b) 8 years old.
(c) 10 years old.
(d) 13 years old.
2. Who does Theseus go to war against?
(a) The thieves and gangs in Isthmus.
(b) The thieves and gangs in Megara.
(c) The thieves and gangs in Athens.
(d) The thieves and gangs in Eleusis.
3. Who do Theseus and his friend find on the side of the road?
(a) A man beaten and left for dead.
(b) A traveling group of entertainers.
(c) Merchants selling goods.
(d) A woman penniless and starving.
4. What happens to the body of the person that's killed every year in the town?
(a) The body is cremated and the ashes spread over the fields.
(b) The body is plowed into the field.
(c) The body is buried in the town's cemetery.
(d) The body is thrown into the sea.
5. How does Theseus' grandfather feel when he learns Theseus didn't go on the ship?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Aigeus want Theseus to go when he is able to get the items from under the stone?
2. What does Theseus hear the harper singing about?
3. As Theseus heads back to his people, what does he discover the queen ordered?
4. What do the people of the town believe must happen every year?
5. Who requested the death of Theseus?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)