|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 3; Book 3: Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the people of the town pick someone to do every year?
(a) Select a new queen.
(b) Sacrifice one of the queen's children.
(c) Kill the current king.
(d) Kill the current queen.
2. Why does Theseus' chariot crash?
(a) Another chariot crashed into Theseus' chariot.
(b) Theseus' driver was driving recklessly.
(c) One of the bronze lynch pins in Theseus' chariot had been replaced with a wax one.
(d) Theseus was run off course by the opposing army.
3. As Theseus heads back to his people, what does he discover the queen ordered?
(a) A monument to be constructed in his honor.
(b) That he is to be killed.
(c) A special ceremony to celebrate his return.
(d) A banquet in his honor.
4. How does Theseus make the people in the camp feel?
5. What does Theseus and his men come upon at the end of the borders?
(a) The gangs and thieves have rallied themselves to a battlefield to fight.
(b) A deserted battlefield.
(c) The gangs and thieves have joined forces with another kingdom to fight.
(d) The gangs and thieves have come to surrender.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Theseus and his friend traveling to Athens?
2. What items does Theseus find under the rock?
3. Why must the entire town watch Theseus and the queen?
4. Of what city is Theseus' mother the chief priestess?
5. Who gives Theseus a chariot driver?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)