|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 3; Book 3: Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aigeus command the king and the priestess to keep Theseus' identity hidden?
(a) To keep him from overtaking the throne.
(b) To raise him as a peasant.
(c) To keep him safe.
(d) To enable him to have more sons.
2. Why does Theseus choose not to travel to Athens on the ship?
(a) He gets very sick on ships.
(b) He's offended by the words of the ship's captain.
(c) He realizes that the ship is not big enough.
(d) He believes it would be faster to travel on land.
3. Of what city is Theseus' mother the chief priestess?
4. What does Theseus do to the chariot driver?
(a) He ties him to a tree and leaves him.
(b) He makes him his slave.
(c) He shows mercy and lets him go.
(d) He kills him.
5. What does Theseus decide to do about revealing his true identity to the king?
(a) He decides to tell him right away.
(b) He decides not to tell him.
(c) He can't decide.
(d) He decides to wait.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who requested the death of Theseus?
2. How does Theseus' father agree to treat the people in Eleusis?
3. When Theseus is 7-years-old, what animal does his grandfather sacrifice in a ceremony?
4. Why does Theseus' mother call on an oracle to look at Theseus' journey?
5. What does Theseus do to the man who kills his friend?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)