|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 3; Book 3: Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Theseus' mother need to give herself to the first man that is sent by the gods?
(a) To prove her humility.
(b) To prove her devotion to the gods.
(c) To atone for her past sins.
(d) To atone for the neglect given to certain gods.
2. How does the queen act when Theseus leaves for battle?
3. Who does Theseus' mother reveal to be his father?
(d) King Pittheus.
4. What age is Theseus as he narrates the story?
(a) A teenager.
(b) A young man.
(c) A child.
(d) An old man.
5. Who seeks to take the throne from Aigeus?
(a) His sister.
(b) His two brothers.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did King Minos' men take the smaller boys from Troizen?
2. What does Theseus decide to do about revealing his true identity to the king?
3. Who does Theseus find to leave his sword?
4. After a quarrel, what does Theseus offer to do for the queen?
5. What is the name of the other boy who comes to serve Poseidon?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)