|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 3; Book 3: Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After he returns home from battle, what does Theseus tell the queen?
(a) He wants her to have his baby.
(b) He has to go to Athens to defeat the king.
(c) He has to go to Athens to have the king cleanse him of his killing.
(d) He is leaving her and not coming back.
2. How many women had Aigeus been married to before he met Theseus' mother?
3. How is Theseus' grandfather feeling when Theseus comes to visit him?
4. How many men is Theseus bringing to help in his father's war?
(a) Three thousand men.
(b) A thousand men.
(c) Five hundred men.
(d) Five thousand men.
5. What is the relationship of Diokles and Theseus?
(b) Uncle and nephew.
(c) Father and son.
(d) Grandfather and grandson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Theseus hear the harper singing about?
2. Why does Simo make fun of Theseus?
3. What does Theseus and his men come upon at the end of the borders?
4. Why does Theseus choose not to travel to Athens on the ship?
5. What does Theseus continually pray to Poseidon about?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)