|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 3; Book 3: Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Theseus choose not to travel to Athens on the ship?
(a) He believes it would be faster to travel on land.
(b) He gets very sick on ships.
(c) He's offended by the words of the ship's captain.
(d) He realizes that the ship is not big enough.
2. What is the name of the next town Theseus travels to after leaving the camp?
3. What does Theseus discover when reaching the palace?
(a) The queen is ill.
(b) The queen waiting to kill him.
(c) The queen has killed herself.
(d) The queen waiting in anticipation of his arrival.
4. How does the queen act when Theseus leaves for battle?
5. After a quarrel, what does Theseus offer to do for the queen?
(a) To leave the town.
(b) To beat her because she has forgotten that she is a woman.
(c) To buy her something new.
(d) To help her with her problem.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Theseus' mother reveal to be his father?
2. Whom do Theseus and his friend run into as they begin their journey?
3. Where does Aigeus want Theseus to go when he is able to get the items from under the stone?
4. After he returns home from battle, what does Theseus tell the queen?
5. How old is Theseus when he is sent to begin his service to Poseidon?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)