|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 3; Book 3: Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aigeus ask the king if he can go to the priestess?
(a) He has a great attraction for her and would like to make her his wife.
(b) He wants to become king.
(c) He would like to ask her for advice.
(d) He has no sons of his own and is certain the gods would grant one of this union.
2. Whom do Theseus and his friend run into as they begin their journey?
(b) Old friends from home.
(c) Robbers and thieves.
3. Who is the town ruled by?
(b) The townspeople.
(d) The elderly.
4. Why does Theseus' chariot crash?
(a) Theseus' driver was driving recklessly.
(b) Theseus was run off course by the opposing army.
(c) One of the bronze lynch pins in Theseus' chariot had been replaced with a wax one.
(d) Another chariot crashed into Theseus' chariot.
5. In Theseus' dream, what does he use to move the rock?
(a) A wagon.
(b) Someone helps him.
(c) Wood poles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the king's woman?
2. What does the queen's brother try to give Theseus' men after they defeat the city?
3. Who seeks to take the throne from Aigeus?
4. How is Theseus' grandfather feeling when Theseus comes to visit him?
5. After Theseus' friend is killed, he comes to a camp of _________.
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)