|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 3; Book 3: Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many women had Aigeus been married to before he met Theseus' mother?
2. After Theseus' friend is killed, he comes to a camp of _________.
(b) Traveling gypsies.
(c) Young shepherds.
3. What does Theseus ask the king of the town just before taking his life?
(a) To beg for mercy.
(b) To tell him the secrets of the town.
(c) To forgive him any sin for taking his life.
(d) To please stop crying.
4. How many men is Theseus bringing to help in his father's war?
(a) Five hundred men.
(b) Three thousand men.
(c) A thousand men.
(d) Five thousand men.
5. What is the name of Theseus' childhood friend who begs to come with him?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Theseus kill the queen's brother?
2. Why does Theseus decide to make friends with one of the neighboring kingdoms?
3. How are Theseus and his friend traveling to Athens?
4. Why does Aigeus command the king and the priestess to keep Theseus' identity hidden?
5. What does Theseus do for his men after they defeat the city?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)