|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 3; Book 3: Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Theseus' father agree to treat the people in Eleusis?
(a) As better than Athenians.
(b) As equals.
(c) Beneath the people of Athens.
(d) As servants.
2. How does Theseus kill the queen's brother?
(a) Chops off his head.
(b) A spear in his back.
(c) A spear in his side.
(d) A spear in his heart.
3. How many men is Theseus bringing to help in his father's war?
(a) Three thousand men.
(b) Five hundred men.
(c) Five thousand men.
(d) A thousand men.
4. As Theseus heads back to his people, what does he discover the queen ordered?
(a) A special ceremony to celebrate his return.
(b) That he is to be killed.
(c) A monument to be constructed in his honor.
(d) A banquet in his honor.
5. Who is the ruler of the neighboring kingdom?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people of the town believe must happen every year?
2. What does the oracle announce about Theseus' journey?
3. What is the name of the first castle Theseus comes to?
4. Where does Theseus' father rule?
5. What is the name of the other boy who comes to serve Poseidon?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)