|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 3; Book 3: Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Theseus' grandfather feel when he learns Theseus didn't go on the ship?
2. Who does Theseus go to war against?
(a) The thieves and gangs in Isthmus.
(b) The thieves and gangs in Eleusis.
(c) The thieves and gangs in Megara.
(d) The thieves and gangs in Athens.
3. Why must the entire town watch Theseus and the queen?
(a) To ensure the continuation of the bloodline.
(b) To bring prosperity to the town.
(c) To ensure that the crops will grow.
(d) To reassure them of this union.
4. What is the name of the queen's brother?
5. What does Theseus do to the chariot driver?
(a) He makes him his slave.
(b) He ties him to a tree and leaves him.
(c) He shows mercy and lets him go.
(d) He kills him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Theseus when he finishes his service to Poseidon?
2. What is the name of Theseus' childhood friend who begs to come with him?
3. What does Theseus and his men come upon at the end of the borders?
4. Who is the town ruled by?
5. What does Theseus discover when reaching the palace?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)