|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 5-6; Book 2: Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Theseus ask the king of the town just before taking his life?
(a) To beg for mercy.
(b) To please stop crying.
(c) To forgive him any sin for taking his life.
(d) To tell him the secrets of the town.
2. How old is Theseus when he finishes his service to Poseidon?
(a) 15 years old.
(b) 18 years old.
(c) 22 years old.
(d) 11 years old.
3. When Theseus is 7-years-old, what animal does his grandfather sacrifice in a ceremony?
4. Why does Theseus' mother call on an oracle to look at Theseus' journey?
(a) She is hoping he will find gold.
(b) She wants to be able to tell him his future.
(c) She's worried for his safety.
(d) She wants to know if he'll be successful.
5. Where does Aigeus want Theseus to go when he is able to get the items from under the stone?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Theseus' childhood friend who begs to come with him?
2. Who seeks to take the throne from Aigeus?
3. What does the queen do after her fight with Theseus?
4. In the story that Theseus' grandfather tells him, what befalls the city?
5. Who is Theseus' grandfather?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)