|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 5-6; Book 2: Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the next town Theseus travels to after leaving the camp?
2. Who is Theseus' grandfather?
(a) King Pittheus.
(c) King Minos.
3. Why did King Minos' men take the smaller boys from Troizen?
(a) To punish the people of Troizen.
(b) To train them to be soldiers.
(c) To work in the fields as laborers.
(d) To be slaves for entertainment to run with the bulls.
4. Of what city is Theseus' mother the chief priestess?
5. What is the name of Theseus' childhood friend who begs to come with him?
Short Answer Questions
1. After a quarrel, what does Theseus offer to do for the queen?
2. What does Theseus hear the harper singing about?
3. When Theseus is 7-years-old, what animal does his grandfather sacrifice in a ceremony?
4. Who is the town ruled by?
5. Why does Theseus' mother need to give herself to the first man that is sent by the gods?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)