|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 5-6; Book 2: Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Theseus' mother need to give herself to the first man that is sent by the gods?
(a) To prove her devotion to the gods.
(b) To atone for her past sins.
(c) To prove her humility.
(d) To atone for the neglect given to certain gods.
2. What is the name of the road on which Theseus travels to Athens?
(a) Troizen Road.
(b) Isthmus Road.
(c) Nisos Road.
(d) Eleusis Road.
3. How old is Theseus when he is sent to begin his service to Poseidon?
(a) 13 years old.
(b) 10 years old.
(c) 16 years old.
(d) 8 years old.
4. Why did King Minos' men take the smaller boys from Troizen?
(a) To train them to be soldiers.
(b) To punish the people of Troizen.
(c) To be slaves for entertainment to run with the bulls.
(d) To work in the fields as laborers.
5. In Theseus' dream, what does he use to move the rock?
(b) A wagon.
(c) Someone helps him.
(d) Wood poles.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Theseus and his friend traveling to Athens?
2. Why does Aigeus ask the king if he can go to the priestess?
3. Why does Simo make fun of Theseus?
4. Who is the town ruled by?
5. What happens when Theseus stomps the ground after Simo makes fun of him?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)