|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 5-6; Book 2: Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What age is Theseus as he narrates the story?
(a) A young man.
(b) A teenager.
(c) An old man.
(d) A child.
2. What does Theseus do to the man who kills his friend?
(a) He wounds him badly but lets him leave.
(b) He does nothing.
(c) He kills him.
(d) He follows him, but the man gets away.
3. How old is Theseus when he is sent to begin his service to Poseidon?
(a) 8 years old.
(b) 16 years old.
(c) 10 years old.
(d) 13 years old.
4. Why did King Minos' men take the smaller boys from Troizen?
(a) To train them to be soldiers.
(b) To punish the people of Troizen.
(c) To be slaves for entertainment to run with the bulls.
(d) To work in the fields as laborers.
5. What does the queen do after her fight with Theseus?
(a) She demands an apology.
(b) She becomes silent and submissive.
(c) She breaks down crying.
(d) She gets angry and leaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the town ruled by?
2. After a quarrel, what does Theseus offer to do for the queen?
3. Who is Theseus' father the son of?
4. In Theseus' dream, what does he use to move the rock?
5. What does Theseus continually pray to Poseidon about?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)