|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 5-6; Book 2: Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the body of the person that's killed every year in the town?
(a) The body is thrown into the sea.
(b) The body is cremated and the ashes spread over the fields.
(c) The body is buried in the town's cemetery.
(d) The body is plowed into the field.
2. Of what city is Theseus' mother the chief priestess?
3. Why does Theseus' mother call on an oracle to look at Theseus' journey?
(a) She wants to be able to tell him his future.
(b) She wants to know if he'll be successful.
(c) She's worried for his safety.
(d) She is hoping he will find gold.
4. What does the queen do after her fight with Theseus?
(a) She demands an apology.
(b) She becomes silent and submissive.
(c) She gets angry and leaves.
(d) She breaks down crying.
5. What is the name of the man who kills Theseus' friend?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Theseus' friend is killed, he comes to a camp of _________.
2. How does Theseus make the people in the camp feel?
3. What does Theseus continually pray to Poseidon about?
4. What is the name of Theseus' childhood friend who begs to come with him?
5. What does the entire town watch Theseus and the queen doing?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)