|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 5-6; Book 2: Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Theseus' friend is killed, he comes to a camp of _________.
(c) Traveling gypsies.
(d) Young shepherds.
2. Why does Theseus' mother not want Theseus to tell anyone along his journey who he is?
(a) She fears a woman might seduce him because of his birthright.
(b) She has many enemies that would kill him because he's her son.
(c) She worries he'd be robbed of his possessions.
(d) She fears they'd want him dead because he's heir to his father's kingdom.
3. From what god is Theseus told from birth that he is begotten?
4. Why must the entire town watch Theseus and the queen?
(a) To reassure them of this union.
(b) To ensure that the crops will grow.
(c) To bring prosperity to the town.
(d) To ensure the continuation of the bloodline.
5. What does the queen do after her fight with Theseus?
(a) She breaks down crying.
(b) She gets angry and leaves.
(c) She demands an apology.
(d) She becomes silent and submissive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who seeks to take the throne from Aigeus?
2. Where does Aigeus want Theseus to go when he is able to get the items from under the stone?
3. In the story that Theseus' grandfather tells him, what befalls the city?
4. Whom do Theseus and his friend run into as they begin their journey?
5. After Theseus talks to his grandfather, how many days is it until a ship arrives at Troizen to take him to Athens?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)