|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 5-6; Book 2: Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the people of the town pick someone to do every year?
(a) Select a new queen.
(b) Kill the current king.
(c) Kill the current queen.
(d) Sacrifice one of the queen's children.
2. Who do Theseus and his friend find on the side of the road?
(a) Merchants selling goods.
(b) A man beaten and left for dead.
(c) A traveling group of entertainers.
(d) A woman penniless and starving.
3. Who do the people of the town care more for as their leader?
(a) The King.
(b) The Queen.
(c) The Prince.
(d) The Princess.
4. After Theseus talks to his grandfather, how many days is it until a ship arrives at Troizen to take him to Athens?
(a) Fourteen days.
(b) Thirty days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Seven days.
5. Why does Theseus choose not to travel to Athens on the ship?
(a) He believes it would be faster to travel on land.
(b) He gets very sick on ships.
(c) He realizes that the ship is not big enough.
(d) He's offended by the words of the ship's captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Theseus' dream, what does he use to move the rock?
2. How are Theseus and his friend traveling to Athens?
3. What items does Theseus find under the rock?
4. How old is Theseus when he finishes his service to Poseidon?
5. Why does Aigeus command the king and the priestess to keep Theseus' identity hidden?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)