|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 5-6; Book 2: Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom do Theseus and his friend run into as they begin their journey?
(a) Robbers and thieves.
(d) Old friends from home.
2. What does Theseus ask the king of the town just before taking his life?
(a) To beg for mercy.
(b) To tell him the secrets of the town.
(c) To forgive him any sin for taking his life.
(d) To please stop crying.
3. Why does Theseus' mother ask him to lift the altar stone?
(a) So she can retrieve her long lost treasure.
(b) So it's out of her way.
(c) So she can hide her valuables.
(d) So she can tell him who his father is.
4. What do the people of the town pick someone to do every year?
(a) Kill the current king.
(b) Kill the current queen.
(c) Sacrifice one of the queen's children.
(d) Select a new queen.
5. After Theseus' friend is killed, he comes to a camp of _________.
(b) Traveling gypsies.
(c) Young shepherds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Theseus choose not to travel to Athens on the ship?
2. What age is Theseus as he narrates the story?
3. How does Theseus make the people in the camp feel?
4. What is the name of the other boy who comes to serve Poseidon?
5. From what god is Theseus told from birth that he is begotten?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)