|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 5-6; Book 2: Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Theseus' mother not want Theseus to tell anyone along his journey who he is?
(a) She fears a woman might seduce him because of his birthright.
(b) She has many enemies that would kill him because he's her son.
(c) She worries he'd be robbed of his possessions.
(d) She fears they'd want him dead because he's heir to his father's kingdom.
2. Why did King Minos' men take the smaller boys from Troizen?
(a) To work in the fields as laborers.
(b) To train them to be soldiers.
(c) To be slaves for entertainment to run with the bulls.
(d) To punish the people of Troizen.
3. Who do Theseus and his friend find on the side of the road?
(a) A traveling group of entertainers.
(b) A man beaten and left for dead.
(c) Merchants selling goods.
(d) A woman penniless and starving.
4. Why does Theseus' mother call on an oracle to look at Theseus' journey?
(a) She is hoping he will find gold.
(b) She wants to be able to tell him his future.
(c) She wants to know if he'll be successful.
(d) She's worried for his safety.
5. What does the queen announce the oracle has proclaimed about Theseus' coming?
(a) He's come to destroy the town.
(b) He's come to marry the queen.
(c) He's come to pay homage to the king and queen.
(d) He's come to kill the current king.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Aigeus want Theseus to go when he is able to get the items from under the stone?
2. Why does Aigeus command the king and the priestess to keep Theseus' identity hidden?
3. What does the queen do after her fight with Theseus?
4. Who is the town ruled by?
5. Why does Aigeus ask the king if he can go to the priestess?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)