|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 5-6; Book 2: Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aigeus command the king and the priestess to keep Theseus' identity hidden?
(a) To keep him from overtaking the throne.
(b) To raise him as a peasant.
(c) To keep him safe.
(d) To enable him to have more sons.
2. Why must the entire town watch Theseus and the queen?
(a) To ensure the continuation of the bloodline.
(b) To bring prosperity to the town.
(c) To ensure that the crops will grow.
(d) To reassure them of this union.
3. Why does Theseus' mother need to give herself to the first man that is sent by the gods?
(a) To prove her humility.
(b) To atone for her past sins.
(c) To prove her devotion to the gods.
(d) To atone for the neglect given to certain gods.
4. Who seeks to take the throne from Aigeus?
(a) His two brothers.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His sister.
(d) His uncle.
5. What is Theseus' house called?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the queen do after her fight with Theseus?
2. Why does Theseus decide to make friends with one of the neighboring kingdoms?
3. Where does Theseus' father rule?
4. What do the people of the town pick someone to do every year?
5. What happens to the body of the person that's killed every year in the town?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)