|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 5-6; Book 2: Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what city is Theseus' mother the chief priestess?
2. Who is Theseus' father the son of?
3. Who is the town ruled by?
(a) The townspeople.
(b) The elderly.
4. What is the relationship of Diokles and Theseus?
(a) Grandfather and grandson.
(b) Uncle and nephew.
(c) Father and son.
5. Why does Theseus decide to make friends with one of the neighboring kingdoms?
(a) To hire servants to work in the fields.
(b) To barter weapons.
(c) To trade goods with them.
(d) To get them to ask the Eleusians for their help in a war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the other boy who comes to serve Poseidon?
2. How old is Theseus when he finishes his service to Poseidon?
3. Why does Theseus choose not to travel to Athens on the ship?
4. Whom do Theseus and his friend run into as they begin their journey?
5. Why does Theseus' mother call on an oracle to look at Theseus' journey?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)