|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 5-6; Book 2: Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What age is Theseus as he narrates the story?
(a) A teenager.
(b) A young man.
(c) An old man.
(d) A child.
2. What does the oracle announce about Theseus' journey?
(a) Theseus will meet trouble and it will be serious but that the journey will not take his life.
(b) Theseus will gain riches and acquire a new kingdom.
(c) Theseus will make many friends along the way and will be very successful.
(d) Theseus will be afflicted with sickness and will die.
3. Who seeks to take the throne from Aigeus?
(a) His two brothers.
(b) His sister.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His uncle.
4. What items does Theseus find under the rock?
(a) Sword and sandals.
(b) Shield and sword.
(c) Sandals and shield.
(d) Helmet and shield.
5. What does the entire town watch Theseus and the queen doing?
(c) Sharing a glass of wine.
(d) Making love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the queen do after her fight with Theseus?
2. What does Theseus hear the harper singing about?
3. After Theseus talks to his grandfather, how many days is it until a ship arrives at Troizen to take him to Athens?
4. What do the people of the town pick someone to do every year?
5. Who is the town ruled by?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)