|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Theseus hear the harper singing about?
(a) A city that moved great rocks and the methods they used.
(b) A city where great riches can be found.
(c) A city where potions can be found to heal the sick.
(d) A city that built great structures and the methods they used.
2. What happens when Theseus stomps the ground after Simo makes fun of him?
(a) It begins to rain.
(b) He injures his foot.
(c) A giant hole forms.
(d) An earthquake begins.
3. Why does Aigeus command the king and the priestess to keep Theseus' identity hidden?
(a) To raise him as a peasant.
(b) To keep him from overtaking the throne.
(c) To keep him safe.
(d) To enable him to have more sons.
4. Who is Theseus' grandfather?
(a) King Pittheus.
(d) King Minos.
5. Who does Theseus' mother reveal to be his father?
(c) King Pittheus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Theseus' mother ask him to lift the altar stone?
2. Why does Theseus' mother need to give herself to the first man that is sent by the gods?
3. Who is Theseus' mentor?
4. How many women had Aigeus been married to before he met Theseus' mother?
5. Where does Theseus' father rule?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)