|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Theseus' house called?
2. What is the relationship of Diokles and Theseus?
(b) Father and son.
(c) Uncle and nephew.
(d) Grandfather and grandson.
3. Why does Theseus' mother need to give herself to the first man that is sent by the gods?
(a) To prove her humility.
(b) To prove her devotion to the gods.
(c) To atone for the neglect given to certain gods.
(d) To atone for her past sins.
4. Why does Aigeus command the king and the priestess to keep Theseus' identity hidden?
(a) To keep him safe.
(b) To keep him from overtaking the throne.
(c) To raise him as a peasant.
(d) To enable him to have more sons.
5. Why does Theseus' mother ask him to lift the altar stone?
(a) So it's out of her way.
(b) So she can hide her valuables.
(c) So she can retrieve her long lost treasure.
(d) So she can tell him who his father is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the other boy who comes to serve Poseidon?
2. How is Theseus' grandfather feeling when Theseus comes to visit him?
3. From what god is Theseus told from birth that he is begotten?
4. When Theseus is 7-years-old, what animal does his grandfather sacrifice in a ceremony?
5. Of what city is Theseus' mother the chief priestess?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)