|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Theseus when he is sent to begin his service to Poseidon?
(a) 8 years old.
(b) 10 years old.
(c) 13 years old.
(d) 16 years old.
2. Why does Simo make fun of Theseus?
(a) He's large.
(b) He's skinny.
(c) He's small.
(d) He's slow.
3. What happens when Theseus stomps the ground after Simo makes fun of him?
(a) A giant hole forms.
(b) An earthquake begins.
(c) He injures his foot.
(d) It begins to rain.
4. Why did King Minos' men take the smaller boys from Troizen?
(a) To punish the people of Troizen.
(b) To train them to be soldiers.
(c) To work in the fields as laborers.
(d) To be slaves for entertainment to run with the bulls.
5. Why does Aigeus ask the king if he can go to the priestess?
(a) He has a great attraction for her and would like to make her his wife.
(b) He has no sons of his own and is certain the gods would grant one of this union.
(c) He wants to become king.
(d) He would like to ask her for advice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Aigeus command the king and the priestess to keep Theseus' identity hidden?
2. What does Theseus hear the harper singing about?
3. Where does Aigeus want Theseus to go when he is able to get the items from under the stone?
4. What is the name of the other boy who comes to serve Poseidon?
5. From what god is Theseus told from birth that he is begotten?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)