Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 10; Book 5: Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why won't Theseus go to his lover the night before the bull dance?
(a) He no longer desires her.
(b) He must stay away because he's being followed.
(c) He must keep his pledge to his fellow cranes.
(d) He is angry with her.
2. After Theseus' friend is killed, he comes to a camp of _________.
(b) Young shepherds.
(c) Traveling gypsies.
3. After Theseus talks to his grandfather, how many days is it until a ship arrives at Troizen to take him to Athens?
(a) Seven days.
(b) Fourteen days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Thirty days.
4. Who does Theseus find to leave his sword?
(a) The queen.
(d) He can't find anyone he trusts.
5. What does the king violently stop Theseus from doing?
(a) Leaving the castle.
(b) Taking his first sip of wine.
(c) Taking his first bite of food.
(d) Entering his chamber.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Theseus feeling while waiting to hear news of the king's death?
2. Why does Theseus' chariot crash?
3. What disease afflicts the king of Crete?
4. After a quarrel, what does Theseus offer to do for the queen?
5. What two things will end the bull dancing?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)