|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Theseus' father the son of?
2. How old is Theseus when he is sent to begin his service to Poseidon?
(a) 13 years old.
(b) 16 years old.
(c) 10 years old.
(d) 8 years old.
3. Of what city is Theseus' mother the chief priestess?
4. In the story that Theseus' grandfather tells him, what befalls the city?
(a) A flood.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A drought.
(d) A plague.
5. Why does Simo make fun of Theseus?
(a) He's large.
(b) He's skinny.
(c) He's small.
(d) He's slow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Theseus' mother need to give herself to the first man that is sent by the gods?
2. What does Theseus continually pray to Poseidon about?
3. Where does Theseus' father rule?
4. What is the name of the other boy who comes to serve Poseidon?
5. Why did King Minos' men take the smaller boys from Troizen?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)