|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the children of the king and queen of Crete?
(a) Theseus and Asterion.
(b) Asterion and Ariadne.
(c) Herakles and Corinth.
(d) Ariadne and Herakles.
2. What is the king wearing when the Theseus and his kinsmen first see him in the House of the Axe?
(a) An ornate bull mask.
(b) An ornate eagle mask.
(c) An ornate dragon mask.
(d) An ornate horse mask.
3. Who is the ruler of the neighboring kingdom?
4. During the bull dance, where do Theseus and another of the dancers get caught?
(a) Cornered against the wall by the bull.
(b) In the bull's front legs.
(c) Underneath the bull.
(d) In the bull's horns.
5. Why won't Theseus go to his lover the night before the bull dance?
(a) He is angry with her.
(b) He no longer desires her.
(c) He must stay away because he's being followed.
(d) He must keep his pledge to his fellow cranes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the bull after the dance?
2. In the first three months, how many members do the cranes lose bull dancing?
3. What angered Poseidon?
4. Where does Theseus go after killing the king?
5. Who do Theseus and his friend find on the side of the road?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)