|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Theseus' childhood friend who begs to come with him?
2. What happens to the body of the person that's killed every year in the town?
(a) The body is plowed into the field.
(b) The body is buried in the town's cemetery.
(c) The body is cremated and the ashes spread over the fields.
(d) The body is thrown into the sea.
3. Who calls Theseus to a secret meeting chamber?
4. What disease afflicts the king of Crete?
(c) Lyme disease.
(d) Heart disease.
5. During the bull dance, where do Theseus and another of the dancers get caught?
(a) Cornered against the wall by the bull.
(b) In the bull's front legs.
(c) In the bull's horns.
(d) Underneath the bull.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Theseus when he is sent to begin his service to Poseidon?
2. As Theseus heads back to his people, what does he discover the queen ordered?
3. What gift does Theseus' father give him?
4. Why does Aigeus command the king and the priestess to keep Theseus' identity hidden?
5. What does Theseus do to the man who kills his friend?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)