|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Theseus troubled by the king's son checking up on him during the bull dancer training?
(a) He thinks he'll keep him from being a dancer.
(b) He thinks he'll keep him from being a catcher.
(c) He thinks he'll keep him from being a chaser.
(d) He thinks he'll keep him from being a leaper.
2. When the man threw the item into the sea on the day that Theseus arrived, what was that a symbol of?
(a) A symbol to show that the king is at peace with the sea.
(b) A symbol to show that the king is more powerful than the sea.
(c) A symbol to show that the king has wed the sea.
(d) A symbol to show that the king is obedient to the sea.
3. What gift does Theseus' father give him?
(a) A ship.
(b) A castle.
(c) A sword and shield.
(d) A chariot and horses.
4. After Theseus talks to his grandfather, how many days is it until a ship arrives at Troizen to take him to Athens?
(a) Seven days.
(b) Fourteen days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Thirty days.
5. Whom do Theseus and his friend run into as they begin their journey?
(a) Old friends from home.
(c) Robbers and thieves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Theseus hear the harper singing about?
2. What is the name of the man who Theseus think is coming to punish him because he retrieved the item out of the sea?
3. What do Theseus and the bull dancers smuggle and begin to hide?
4. After three months of bull dancing, who calls Theseus to his home to dine?
5. In what month are the bull dancers trained to leap and do cartwheels?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)