|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Theseus heads back to his people, what does he discover the queen ordered?
(a) That he is to be killed.
(b) A special ceremony to celebrate his return.
(c) A banquet in his honor.
(d) A monument to be constructed in his honor.
2. What items does Theseus find under the rock?
(a) Shield and sword.
(b) Sword and sandals.
(c) Helmet and shield.
(d) Sandals and shield.
3. Why does Theseus' mother call on an oracle to look at Theseus' journey?
(a) She's worried for his safety.
(b) She is hoping he will find gold.
(c) She wants to know if he'll be successful.
(d) She wants to be able to tell him his future.
4. After he returns home from battle, what does Theseus tell the queen?
(a) He has to go to Athens to have the king cleanse him of his killing.
(b) He wants her to have his baby.
(c) He has to go to Athens to defeat the king.
(d) He is leaving her and not coming back.
5. After a quarrel, what does Theseus offer to do for the queen?
(a) To beat her because she has forgotten that she is a woman.
(b) To leave the town.
(c) To buy her something new.
(d) To help her with her problem.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Theseus find to leave his sword?
2. What is the name of the palace where the bull dancers will be training?
3. Who are the children of the king and queen of Crete?
4. Why does Theseus' mother ask him to lift the altar stone?
5. What is the king wearing when the Theseus and his kinsmen first see him in the House of the Axe?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)