|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man who slapped Theseus across the face call Poseidon?
(b) Father of the sea.
(d) King of the sea.
2. What two things will end the bull dancing?
(a) The bull is wounded or the dancer is wounded.
(b) The bull dies or the dancer gets tired.
(c) The bull is too tired to chase or the dancer dies by the bull.
(d) The bull dies or the dancer decides to stop.
3. Why do the people of Crete come to watch the bull dancers train?
(a) To make bets.
(b) To be entertained.
(c) To heckle and taunt them.
(d) To encourage them.
4. What does Theseus discover when reaching the palace?
(a) The queen is ill.
(b) The queen waiting in anticipation of his arrival.
(c) The queen waiting to kill him.
(d) The queen has killed herself.
5. What is the name of Theseus' childhood friend who begs to come with him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the queen's brother?
2. Why does Theseus choose not to travel to Athens on the ship?
3. Who is the man that threw the item in the sea for Theseus to retrieve?
4. What does Theseus' father want to do for Theseus' birthday?
5. What is Theseus offered at the dinner party?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)