|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Theseus decide to do about revealing his true identity to the king?
(a) He decides to wait.
(b) He can't decide.
(c) He decides not to tell him.
(d) He decides to tell him right away.
2. What does Theseus think of the person who tells him the gods favor him?
(a) This person is cruel.
(b) This person is funny.
(c) This person is gentle and kind.
(d) This person is old and senile.
3. What happens when Theseus and his kinsmen are allowed to watch the bull dance?
(a) The bull is killed.
(b) The bull is wounded.
(c) They see a boy die.
(d) The dancer is wounded.
4. Why does Theseus not accept the gifts at the dinner party?
(a) He is angry and does not want them.
(b) He is disgraced and feels unworthy.
(c) He is royal blood and can't accept gifts from a man that struck him.
(d) He is a slave and he's unable to accept.
5. What happens when Theseus stomps the ground after Simo makes fun of him?
(a) He injures his foot.
(b) An earthquake begins.
(c) It begins to rain.
(d) A giant hole forms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the other boy who comes to serve Poseidon?
2. Why is Theseus proclaimed the leader of the bull dancers in Crete?
3. How many men is Theseus bringing to help in his father's war?
4. What gift does Theseus' father give him?
5. What is the name of the palace where the bull dancers will be training?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)