|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Theseus heads back to his people, what does he discover the queen ordered?
(a) A monument to be constructed in his honor.
(b) A special ceremony to celebrate his return.
(c) A banquet in his honor.
(d) That he is to be killed.
2. How do the people of Crete treat Theseus and his kinsmen when they arrive?
(a) They are nervous and shy.
(b) They are mocked and ridiculed.
(c) They are applauded and followed around the city.
(d) They are prodded and pinched like cattle.
3. What does the queen do after her fight with Theseus?
(a) She demands an apology.
(b) She gets angry and leaves.
(c) She breaks down crying.
(d) She becomes silent and submissive.
4. Why does Theseus' lover begin to cry?
(a) She feels guilty for being with Theseus.
(b) Theseus struck her.
(c) She believes he's worthy to be a king of an entire kingdom.
(d) She and Theseus have quarreled.
5. What does Theseus think of the person who tells him the gods favor him?
(a) This person is funny.
(b) This person is cruel.
(c) This person is old and senile.
(d) This person is gentle and kind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the ruler of the neighboring kingdom?
2. Why did King Minos' men take the smaller boys from Troizen?
3. How many months will the bull dancers have to train?
4. How is Theseus feeling while waiting to hear news of the king's death?
5. What is the name of the queen's brother?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)