|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 5-6; Book 2: Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the oracle announce about Theseus' journey?
(a) Theseus will make many friends along the way and will be very successful.
(b) Theseus will meet trouble and it will be serious but that the journey will not take his life.
(c) Theseus will gain riches and acquire a new kingdom.
(d) Theseus will be afflicted with sickness and will die.
2. Why does Aigeus ask the king if he can go to the priestess?
(a) He has a great attraction for her and would like to make her his wife.
(b) He would like to ask her for advice.
(c) He has no sons of his own and is certain the gods would grant one of this union.
(d) He wants to become king.
3. After a quarrel, what does Theseus offer to do for the queen?
(a) To beat her because she has forgotten that she is a woman.
(b) To leave the town.
(c) To help her with her problem.
(d) To buy her something new.
4. What is the relationship of Diokles and Theseus?
(a) Grandfather and grandson.
(b) Uncle and nephew.
(c) Father and son.
5. How does Theseus' grandfather feel when he learns Theseus didn't go on the ship?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the people of the town care more for as their leader?
2. Why does Theseus' mother not want Theseus to tell anyone along his journey who he is?
3. What do the people of the town pick someone to do every year?
4. Who is Theseus' grandfather?
5. What does Theseus hear the harper singing about?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)