|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 5-6; Book 2: Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Theseus' house called?
2. Why does Aigeus command the king and the priestess to keep Theseus' identity hidden?
(a) To raise him as a peasant.
(b) To keep him from overtaking the throne.
(c) To enable him to have more sons.
(d) To keep him safe.
3. How old is Theseus when he is sent to begin his service to Poseidon?
(a) 10 years old.
(b) 13 years old.
(c) 16 years old.
(d) 8 years old.
4. Who seeks to take the throne from Aigeus?
(a) His two brothers.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His sister.
5. What does the entire town watch Theseus and the queen doing?
(b) Making love.
(d) Sharing a glass of wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Theseus is 7-years-old, what animal does his grandfather sacrifice in a ceremony?
2. Where does Aigeus want Theseus to go when he is able to get the items from under the stone?
3. How many women had Aigeus been married to before he met Theseus' mother?
4. From what god is Theseus told from birth that he is begotten?
5. Why must the entire town watch Theseus and the queen?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)