|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 5-6; Book 2: Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Theseus when he is sent to begin his service to Poseidon?
(a) 8 years old.
(b) 13 years old.
(c) 10 years old.
(d) 16 years old.
2. What is the name of the road on which Theseus travels to Athens?
(a) Troizen Road.
(b) Isthmus Road.
(c) Eleusis Road.
(d) Nisos Road.
3. Why does Theseus decide to make friends with one of the neighboring kingdoms?
(a) To barter weapons.
(b) To trade goods with them.
(c) To hire servants to work in the fields.
(d) To get them to ask the Eleusians for their help in a war.
4. Why did King Minos' men take the smaller boys from Troizen?
(a) To train them to be soldiers.
(b) To punish the people of Troizen.
(c) To be slaves for entertainment to run with the bulls.
(d) To work in the fields as laborers.
5. What do the people of the town pick someone to do every year?
(a) Sacrifice one of the queen's children.
(b) Kill the current queen.
(c) Select a new queen.
(d) Kill the current king.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the town ruled by?
2. What is the name of the man who kills Theseus' friend?
3. What happens when Theseus stomps the ground after Simo makes fun of him?
4. Why does Simo make fun of Theseus?
5. How is Theseus' grandfather feeling when Theseus comes to visit him?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)