|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 5-6; Book 2: Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Theseus' mother call on an oracle to look at Theseus' journey?
(a) She wants to know if he'll be successful.
(b) She is hoping he will find gold.
(c) She's worried for his safety.
(d) She wants to be able to tell him his future.
2. Who is the queen of the town Theseus travels to?
3. After Theseus' friend is killed, he comes to a camp of _________.
(c) Young shepherds.
(d) Traveling gypsies.
4. What age is Theseus as he narrates the story?
(a) A young man.
(b) An old man.
(c) A teenager.
(d) A child.
5. Why does Theseus choose not to travel to Athens on the ship?
(a) He gets very sick on ships.
(b) He believes it would be faster to travel on land.
(c) He realizes that the ship is not big enough.
(d) He's offended by the words of the ship's captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the queen do after her fight with Theseus?
2. Of what city is Theseus' mother the chief priestess?
3. How is Theseus' grandfather feeling when Theseus comes to visit him?
4. Who is Theseus' mentor?
5. Who do Theseus and his friend find on the side of the road?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)