|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 5-6; Book 2: Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Theseus talks to his grandfather, how many days is it until a ship arrives at Troizen to take him to Athens?
(a) Three days.
(b) Seven days.
(c) Thirty days.
(d) Fourteen days.
2. Why does Aigeus ask the king if he can go to the priestess?
(a) He has no sons of his own and is certain the gods would grant one of this union.
(b) He wants to become king.
(c) He has a great attraction for her and would like to make her his wife.
(d) He would like to ask her for advice.
3. How does Theseus make the people in the camp feel?
4. What items does Theseus find under the rock?
(a) Helmet and shield.
(b) Shield and sword.
(c) Sword and sandals.
(d) Sandals and shield.
5. Why does Simo make fun of Theseus?
(a) He's slow.
(b) He's skinny.
(c) He's small.
(d) He's large.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Theseus do to the man who kills his friend?
2. Who seeks to take the throne from Aigeus?
3. Of what city is Theseus' mother the chief priestess?
4. Why does Theseus' mother call on an oracle to look at Theseus' journey?
5. Who is Theseus' mentor?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)