|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 5-6; Book 2: Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Theseus' childhood friend who begs to come with him?
2. What do the people of the town pick someone to do every year?
(a) Select a new queen.
(b) Kill the current queen.
(c) Sacrifice one of the queen's children.
(d) Kill the current king.
3. What is the name of the road on which Theseus travels to Athens?
(a) Isthmus Road.
(b) Troizen Road.
(c) Eleusis Road.
(d) Nisos Road.
4. Why does Aigeus command the king and the priestess to keep Theseus' identity hidden?
(a) To raise him as a peasant.
(b) To keep him safe.
(c) To enable him to have more sons.
(d) To keep him from overtaking the throne.
5. What is the name of the next town Theseus travels to after leaving the camp?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Theseus decide to make friends with one of the neighboring kingdoms?
2. Why does Theseus' mother ask him to lift the altar stone?
3. Where does Aigeus want Theseus to go when he is able to get the items from under the stone?
4. Who is the queen of the town Theseus travels to?
5. Who seeks to take the throne from Aigeus?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)