|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 5-6; Book 2: Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man who kills Theseus' friend?
2. How old is Theseus when he is sent to begin his service to Poseidon?
(a) 10 years old.
(b) 8 years old.
(c) 16 years old.
(d) 13 years old.
3. Who is the town ruled by?
(b) The townspeople.
(d) The elderly.
4. Where does Theseus' father rule?
5. Why does Theseus' mother not want Theseus to tell anyone along his journey who he is?
(a) She fears they'd want him dead because he's heir to his father's kingdom.
(b) She fears a woman might seduce him because of his birthright.
(c) She worries he'd be robbed of his possessions.
(d) She has many enemies that would kill him because he's her son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Theseus' mother ask him to lift the altar stone?
2. Why does Theseus choose not to travel to Athens on the ship?
3. What does Theseus hear the harper singing about?
4. From what god is Theseus told from birth that he is begotten?
5. What is the name of Theseus' childhood friend who begs to come with him?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)