|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 5-6; Book 2: Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Theseus hear the harper singing about?
(a) A city that built great structures and the methods they used.
(b) A city that moved great rocks and the methods they used.
(c) A city where potions can be found to heal the sick.
(d) A city where great riches can be found.
2. What is the name of the other boy who comes to serve Poseidon?
3. What does the oracle announce about Theseus' journey?
(a) Theseus will be afflicted with sickness and will die.
(b) Theseus will gain riches and acquire a new kingdom.
(c) Theseus will meet trouble and it will be serious but that the journey will not take his life.
(d) Theseus will make many friends along the way and will be very successful.
4. Why must the entire town watch Theseus and the queen?
(a) To ensure the continuation of the bloodline.
(b) To bring prosperity to the town.
(c) To ensure that the crops will grow.
(d) To reassure them of this union.
5. What does Theseus continually pray to Poseidon about?
(a) For help.
(b) A sign.
(c) A special weapon.
(d) For strength.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Theseus when he finishes his service to Poseidon?
2. What do the people of the town believe must happen every year?
3. Who is Theseus' grandfather?
4. How is Theseus' grandfather feeling when Theseus comes to visit him?
5. After a quarrel, what does Theseus offer to do for the queen?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)