|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 5-6; Book 2: Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Theseus' grandfather feel when he learns Theseus didn't go on the ship?
2. What does Theseus ask the king of the town just before taking his life?
(a) To forgive him any sin for taking his life.
(b) To beg for mercy.
(c) To tell him the secrets of the town.
(d) To please stop crying.
3. In Theseus' dream, what does he use to move the rock?
(a) A wagon.
(c) Wood poles.
(d) Someone helps him.
4. Why does Theseus decide to make friends with one of the neighboring kingdoms?
(a) To get them to ask the Eleusians for their help in a war.
(b) To hire servants to work in the fields.
(c) To barter weapons.
(d) To trade goods with them.
5. Why does Theseus choose not to travel to Athens on the ship?
(a) He believes it would be faster to travel on land.
(b) He realizes that the ship is not big enough.
(c) He gets very sick on ships.
(d) He's offended by the words of the ship's captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What items does Theseus find under the rock?
2. Why does Aigeus ask the king if he can go to the priestess?
3. Where does Theseus' father rule?
4. What is the name of the next town Theseus travels to after leaving the camp?
5. What does Theseus do to the man who kills his friend?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)