|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 5-6; Book 2: Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the body of the person that's killed every year in the town?
(a) The body is thrown into the sea.
(b) The body is buried in the town's cemetery.
(c) The body is cremated and the ashes spread over the fields.
(d) The body is plowed into the field.
2. Why does Theseus' mother ask him to lift the altar stone?
(a) So she can tell him who his father is.
(b) So she can hide her valuables.
(c) So she can retrieve her long lost treasure.
(d) So it's out of her way.
3. Why does Theseus' mother call on an oracle to look at Theseus' journey?
(a) She wants to be able to tell him his future.
(b) She wants to know if he'll be successful.
(c) She is hoping he will find gold.
(d) She's worried for his safety.
4. What does Theseus ask the king of the town just before taking his life?
(a) To forgive him any sin for taking his life.
(b) To please stop crying.
(c) To beg for mercy.
(d) To tell him the secrets of the town.
5. In Theseus' dream, what does he use to move the rock?
(a) Wood poles.
(b) A wagon.
(c) Someone helps him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Theseus make the people in the camp feel?
2. What does Theseus hear the harper singing about?
3. What does Theseus do to the man who kills his friend?
4. Where does Aigeus want Theseus to go when he is able to get the items from under the stone?
5. After Theseus talks to his grandfather, how many days is it until a ship arrives at Troizen to take him to Athens?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)