|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 5-6; Book 2: Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Simo make fun of Theseus?
(a) He's skinny.
(b) He's large.
(c) He's small.
(d) He's slow.
2. Of what city is Theseus' mother the chief priestess?
3. How old is Theseus when he is sent to begin his service to Poseidon?
(a) 10 years old.
(b) 13 years old.
(c) 16 years old.
(d) 8 years old.
4. What is the name of the other boy who comes to serve Poseidon?
5. Why does Theseus choose not to travel to Athens on the ship?
(a) He's offended by the words of the ship's captain.
(b) He believes it would be faster to travel on land.
(c) He realizes that the ship is not big enough.
(d) He gets very sick on ships.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Theseus is 7-years-old, what animal does his grandfather sacrifice in a ceremony?
2. Why must the entire town watch Theseus and the queen?
3. How does Theseus' grandfather feel when he learns Theseus didn't go on the ship?
4. After Theseus talks to his grandfather, how many days is it until a ship arrives at Troizen to take him to Athens?
5. What does the queen announce the oracle has proclaimed about Theseus' coming?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)