|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 5-6; Book 2: Chapter 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Theseus choose not to travel to Athens on the ship?
(a) He believes it would be faster to travel on land.
(b) He realizes that the ship is not big enough.
(c) He's offended by the words of the ship's captain.
(d) He gets very sick on ships.
2. What does the queen announce the oracle has proclaimed about Theseus' coming?
(a) He's come to destroy the town.
(b) He's come to marry the queen.
(c) He's come to pay homage to the king and queen.
(d) He's come to kill the current king.
3. Why does Theseus' mother ask him to lift the altar stone?
(a) So she can retrieve her long lost treasure.
(b) So she can hide her valuables.
(c) So it's out of her way.
(d) So she can tell him who his father is.
4. What happens to the body of the person that's killed every year in the town?
(a) The body is buried in the town's cemetery.
(b) The body is plowed into the field.
(c) The body is cremated and the ashes spread over the fields.
(d) The body is thrown into the sea.
5. Who does Theseus' mother reveal to be his father?
(c) King Pittheus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the other boy who comes to serve Poseidon?
2. Why does Theseus' mother need to give herself to the first man that is sent by the gods?
3. Why does Aigeus ask the king if he can go to the priestess?
4. How old is Theseus when he is sent to begin his service to Poseidon?
5. What is the name of Theseus' childhood friend who begs to come with him?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)