|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Theseus and his kinsmen are allowed to watch the bull dance?
(a) The bull is killed.
(b) They see a boy die.
(c) The bull is wounded.
(d) The dancer is wounded.
2. What is the name of Theseus' childhood friend who begs to come with him?
3. Why does Aigeus ask the king if he can go to the priestess?
(a) He would like to ask her for advice.
(b) He wants to become king.
(c) He has no sons of his own and is certain the gods would grant one of this union.
(d) He has a great attraction for her and would like to make her his wife.
4. What does Theseus ask the king of the town just before taking his life?
(a) To tell him the secrets of the town.
(b) To forgive him any sin for taking his life.
(c) To please stop crying.
(d) To beg for mercy.
5. What does the queen's brother try to give Theseus' men after they defeat the city?
(b) A larger amount of the spoils.
(c) A smaller amount of the spoils.
(d) A banquet in their honor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Theseus not accept the gifts at the dinner party?
2. What does the queen do after her fight with Theseus?
3. What does Theseus name their bull?
4. What do the people of the town pick someone to do every year?
5. What is Theseus and the other cranes considered to be?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)