|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapter 3; Book 4: Chapter 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the queen's brother?
2. Who is the man that threw the item in the sea for Theseus to retrieve?
3. Why does Theseus' chariot crash?
(a) Theseus was run off course by the opposing army.
(b) Another chariot crashed into Theseus' chariot.
(c) Theseus' driver was driving recklessly.
(d) One of the bronze lynch pins in Theseus' chariot had been replaced with a wax one.
4. How old is Theseus when he finishes his service to Poseidon?
(a) 18 years old.
(b) 15 years old.
(c) 11 years old.
(d) 22 years old.
5. What is the king wearing when the Theseus and his kinsmen first see him in the House of the Axe?
(a) An ornate horse mask.
(b) An ornate dragon mask.
(c) An ornate bull mask.
(d) An ornate eagle mask.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Theseus and his friend find on the side of the road?
2. Who is Theseus' grandfather?
3. How does Theseus make the people in the camp feel?
4. For what have the Crete men come to Athens?
5. As Theseus heads back to his people, what does he discover the queen ordered?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)