|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapter 3; Book 4: Chapter 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man who kills Theseus' friend?
2. What is Theseus' house called?
3. What does the man who slapped Theseus across the face call Poseidon?
(b) Father of the sea.
(d) King of the sea.
4. Why must the entire town watch Theseus and the queen?
(a) To ensure the continuation of the bloodline.
(b) To ensure that the crops will grow.
(c) To reassure them of this union.
(d) To bring prosperity to the town.
5. What happens to the body of the person that's killed every year in the town?
(a) The body is buried in the town's cemetery.
(b) The body is plowed into the field.
(c) The body is thrown into the sea.
(d) The body is cremated and the ashes spread over the fields.
Short Answer Questions
1. What age is Theseus as he narrates the story?
2. Who is Theseus' grandfather?
3. How does Theseus' father agree to treat the people in Eleusis?
4. Who is the ruler of the neighboring kingdom?
5. In the story that Theseus' grandfather tells him, what befalls the city?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)