|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapter 3; Book 4: Chapter 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man who slapped Theseus across the face call Poseidon?
(a) Father of the sea.
(c) King of the sea.
2. What does the entire town watch Theseus and the queen doing?
(a) Making love.
(d) Sharing a glass of wine.
3. What items does Theseus find under the rock?
(a) Sword and sandals.
(b) Shield and sword.
(c) Helmet and shield.
(d) Sandals and shield.
4. What color of flag does Theseus' father ask Theseus to run up on the ship if he returns?
5. Who do Theseus and his friend find on the side of the road?
(a) A woman penniless and starving.
(b) A traveling group of entertainers.
(c) A man beaten and left for dead.
(d) Merchants selling goods.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Theseus is 7-years-old, what animal does his grandfather sacrifice in a ceremony?
2. Whom does Theseus send away on a boat?
3. What does the queen do after her fight with Theseus?
4. How many men is Theseus bringing to help in his father's war?
5. Who tells Theseus that the gods favor him?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)