|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapter 3; Book 4: Chapter 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does Theseus' father give him?
(a) A ship.
(b) A chariot and horses.
(c) A sword and shield.
(d) A castle.
2. Why does Theseus' mother ask him to lift the altar stone?
(a) So she can retrieve her long lost treasure.
(b) So she can tell him who his father is.
(c) So she can hide her valuables.
(d) So it's out of her way.
3. Why does Aigeus ask the king if he can go to the priestess?
(a) He wants to become king.
(b) He has no sons of his own and is certain the gods would grant one of this union.
(c) He would like to ask her for advice.
(d) He has a great attraction for her and would like to make her his wife.
4. Whom does Theseus send away on a boat?
(a) The king of Athens.
(b) The people of Eleusis.
(c) The queen and her children.
(d) The soldiers of Eleusis.
5. What is the name of the man who kills Theseus' friend?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Theseus ask the king of the town just before taking his life?
2. Of what city is Theseus' mother the chief priestess?
3. What is the name of Theseus' childhood friend who begs to come with him?
4. What does the oracle announce about Theseus' journey?
5. Who requested the death of Theseus?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)