|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapter 3; Book 4: Chapter 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aigeus command the king and the priestess to keep Theseus' identity hidden?
(a) To raise him as a peasant.
(b) To keep him from overtaking the throne.
(c) To enable him to have more sons.
(d) To keep him safe.
2. What does the king invite Theseus to drink with him?
(c) Fruit juice.
3. What does Theseus do to the man who kills his friend?
(a) He follows him, but the man gets away.
(b) He kills him.
(c) He wounds him badly but lets him leave.
(d) He does nothing.
4. What does the oracle announce about Theseus' journey?
(a) Theseus will gain riches and acquire a new kingdom.
(b) Theseus will be afflicted with sickness and will die.
(c) Theseus will meet trouble and it will be serious but that the journey will not take his life.
(d) Theseus will make many friends along the way and will be very successful.
5. After Theseus' friend is killed, he comes to a camp of _________.
(a) Traveling gypsies.
(d) Young shepherds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who requested the death of Theseus?
2. After arriving in Crete, what does the man who slapped Theseus across the face throw into the ocean?
3. How does Theseus' father agree to treat the people in Eleusis?
4. Why does Theseus' mother need to give herself to the first man that is sent by the gods?
5. What does Theseus continually pray to Poseidon about?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)