|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapter 3; Book 4: Chapter 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After dealing with the chariot driver, who does Theseus fight in combat?
2. Whom does Theseus send away on a boat?
(a) The king of Athens.
(b) The queen and her children.
(c) The soldiers of Eleusis.
(d) The people of Eleusis.
3. How do the people of Crete treat Theseus and his kinsmen when they arrive?
(a) They are nervous and shy.
(b) They are prodded and pinched like cattle.
(c) They are applauded and followed around the city.
(d) They are mocked and ridiculed.
4. How does Theseus' grandfather feel when he learns Theseus didn't go on the ship?
5. What color of flag does Theseus' father ask Theseus to run up on the ship if he returns?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the people of Crete come to watch the bull dancers train?
2. Why does Theseus' mother need to give herself to the first man that is sent by the gods?
3. What does Theseus do to the man who kills his friend?
4. Why does Theseus' father send an invitation to Theseus?
5. What does the queen announce the oracle has proclaimed about Theseus' coming?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)