|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapter 3; Book 4: Chapter 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Theseus stomps the ground after Simo makes fun of him?
(a) It begins to rain.
(b) A giant hole forms.
(c) He injures his foot.
(d) An earthquake begins.
2. Who is the queen of the town Theseus travels to?
3. How does Theseus' grandfather feel when he learns Theseus didn't go on the ship?
4. What angered Poseidon?
(a) Theseus' father dishonored him.
(b) Theseus' father kept Theseus' name out of the drawing.
(c) Theseus dishonored him.
(d) Theseus' father put Theseus' name in the drawing.
5. What do the people of the town believe must happen every year?
(a) A new queen must be crowned.
(b) A new king must be crowned.
(c) The queen must have another child.
(d) The queen must sacrifice one of her children.
Short Answer Questions
1. After a quarrel, what does Theseus offer to do for the queen?
2. What color of flag does Theseus' father ask Theseus to run up on the ship if he returns?
3. What is the name of the palace where the bull dancers will be training?
4. Who is Theseus' grandfather?
5. What does the man who slapped Theseus across the face call Poseidon?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)