|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapter 3; Book 4: Chapter 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Theseus is 7-years-old, what animal does his grandfather sacrifice in a ceremony?
2. What does Theseus do to the man who kills his friend?
(a) He follows him, but the man gets away.
(b) He wounds him badly but lets him leave.
(c) He does nothing.
(d) He kills him.
3. Why does Theseus' chariot crash?
(a) Another chariot crashed into Theseus' chariot.
(b) Theseus' driver was driving recklessly.
(c) Theseus was run off course by the opposing army.
(d) One of the bronze lynch pins in Theseus' chariot had been replaced with a wax one.
4. What is the king wearing when the Theseus and his kinsmen first see him in the House of the Axe?
(a) An ornate eagle mask.
(b) An ornate bull mask.
(c) An ornate dragon mask.
(d) An ornate horse mask.
5. Who is Theseus' grandfather?
(b) King Minos.
(c) King Pittheus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the people of the town care more for as their leader?
2. Why must the entire town watch Theseus and the queen?
3. Who tells Theseus that the gods favor him?
4. How many men is Theseus bringing to help in his father's war?
5. How many women had Aigeus been married to before he met Theseus' mother?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)