|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapter 3; Book 4: Chapter 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What angered Poseidon?
(a) Theseus dishonored him.
(b) Theseus' father put Theseus' name in the drawing.
(c) Theseus' father dishonored him.
(d) Theseus' father kept Theseus' name out of the drawing.
2. What does Theseus decide to do about revealing his true identity to the king?
(a) He decides not to tell him.
(b) He decides to wait.
(c) He decides to tell him right away.
(d) He can't decide.
3. How old is Theseus when he finishes his service to Poseidon?
(a) 22 years old.
(b) 15 years old.
(c) 11 years old.
(d) 18 years old.
4. Why did King Minos' men take the smaller boys from Troizen?
(a) To train them to be soldiers.
(b) To work in the fields as laborers.
(c) To punish the people of Troizen.
(d) To be slaves for entertainment to run with the bulls.
5. What do the people of the town believe must happen every year?
(a) A new king must be crowned.
(b) The queen must have another child.
(c) A new queen must be crowned.
(d) The queen must sacrifice one of her children.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Theseus heads back to his people, what does he discover the queen ordered?
2. Why is Theseus proclaimed the leader of the bull dancers in Crete?
3. After Theseus talks to his grandfather, how many days is it until a ship arrives at Troizen to take him to Athens?
4. How do the people of Crete treat Theseus and his kinsmen when they arrive?
5. Who do the people of the town care more for as their leader?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)