|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapter 3; Book 4: Chapter 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what city is Theseus' mother the chief priestess?
2. After a quarrel, what does Theseus offer to do for the queen?
(a) To leave the town.
(b) To beat her because she has forgotten that she is a woman.
(c) To help her with her problem.
(d) To buy her something new.
3. How does Theseus' father agree to treat the people in Eleusis?
(a) As servants.
(b) As equals.
(c) Beneath the people of Athens.
(d) As better than Athenians.
4. How many men is Theseus bringing to help in his father's war?
(a) Five thousand men.
(b) Three thousand men.
(c) Five hundred men.
(d) A thousand men.
5. Whom does Theseus send away on a boat?
(a) The king of Athens.
(b) The queen and her children.
(c) The soldiers of Eleusis.
(d) The people of Eleusis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the next town Theseus travels to after leaving the camp?
2. Why does Theseus' mother ask him to lift the altar stone?
3. Why does Theseus choose not to travel to Athens on the ship?
4. What does the king invite Theseus to drink with him?
5. Who does Theseus' mother reveal to be his father?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)