|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapter 3; Book 4: Chapter 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Theseus decide to make friends with one of the neighboring kingdoms?
(a) To trade goods with them.
(b) To get them to ask the Eleusians for their help in a war.
(c) To barter weapons.
(d) To hire servants to work in the fields.
2. After Theseus talks to his grandfather, how many days is it until a ship arrives at Troizen to take him to Athens?
(a) Three days.
(b) Thirty days.
(c) Seven days.
(d) Fourteen days.
3. What does Theseus ask the king of the town just before taking his life?
(a) To tell him the secrets of the town.
(b) To beg for mercy.
(c) To please stop crying.
(d) To forgive him any sin for taking his life.
4. From what god is Theseus told from birth that he is begotten?
5. What is the name of the bull god?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Theseus' mother not want Theseus to tell anyone along his journey who he is?
2. After dealing with the chariot driver, who does Theseus fight in combat?
3. What is the name of Theseus' childhood friend who begs to come with him?
4. What do the people of the town believe must happen every year?
5. Why do the people of Crete come to watch the bull dancers train?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)