|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapter 3; Book 4: Chapter 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Theseus' mother ask him to lift the altar stone?
(a) So it's out of her way.
(b) So she can hide her valuables.
(c) So she can retrieve her long lost treasure.
(d) So she can tell him who his father is.
2. How does Theseus' grandfather feel when he learns Theseus didn't go on the ship?
3. Why does Theseus' mother not want Theseus to tell anyone along his journey who he is?
(a) She has many enemies that would kill him because he's her son.
(b) She fears a woman might seduce him because of his birthright.
(c) She fears they'd want him dead because he's heir to his father's kingdom.
(d) She worries he'd be robbed of his possessions.
4. Who seeks to take the throne from Aigeus?
(a) His sister.
(b) His two brothers.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His cousin.
5. What does the king invite Theseus to drink with him?
(b) Fruit juice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the queen announce the oracle has proclaimed about Theseus' coming?
2. From what god is Theseus told from birth that he is begotten?
3. Why does Theseus' chariot crash?
4. Why do the people of Crete come to watch the bull dancers train?
5. What is the name of the king's woman?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)