|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapter 3; Book 4: Chapter 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Theseus decide to make friends with one of the neighboring kingdoms?
(a) To get them to ask the Eleusians for their help in a war.
(b) To hire servants to work in the fields.
(c) To trade goods with them.
(d) To barter weapons.
2. What does the queen do after her fight with Theseus?
(a) She breaks down crying.
(b) She gets angry and leaves.
(c) She demands an apology.
(d) She becomes silent and submissive.
3. How are Theseus and his friend traveling to Athens?
(a) In a wagon.
(b) On horses.
(c) On donkeys.
(d) By foot.
4. What do the people of the town believe must happen every year?
(a) A new queen must be crowned.
(b) The queen must sacrifice one of her children.
(c) A new king must be crowned.
(d) The queen must have another child.
5. After a quarrel, what does Theseus offer to do for the queen?
(a) To buy her something new.
(b) To help her with her problem.
(c) To leave the town.
(d) To beat her because she has forgotten that she is a woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Theseus do for his men after they defeat the city?
2. What name does Theseus and his kinsmen decide to call themselves?
3. What happens when Theseus stomps the ground after Simo makes fun of him?
4. Who tells Theseus that the gods favor him?
5. After he returns home from battle, what does Theseus tell the queen?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)