|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man who kills Theseus' friend?
2. Why does Theseus' mother not want Theseus to tell anyone along his journey who he is?
(a) She fears a woman might seduce him because of his birthright.
(b) She fears they'd want him dead because he's heir to his father's kingdom.
(c) She worries he'd be robbed of his possessions.
(d) She has many enemies that would kill him because he's her son.
3. What happens to the bull after the dance?
(a) The bull falls in the dirt and dies.
(b) The bull is injured.
(c) The bull is sacrificed.
(d) The bull is never used in bull dancing again.
4. When the man threw the item into the sea on the day that Theseus arrived, what was that a symbol of?
(a) A symbol to show that the king is more powerful than the sea.
(b) A symbol to show that the king has wed the sea.
(c) A symbol to show that the king is at peace with the sea.
(d) A symbol to show that the king is obedient to the sea.
5. Who is the queen of the town Theseus travels to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the girl wearing a goddess outfit in Crete that Theseus is attracted to?
2. What does the entire town watch Theseus and the queen doing?
3. Who are the children of the king and queen of Crete?
4. What happens to Theseus after the bull dance?
5. What disease afflicts the king of Crete?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)