|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Theseus after the bull dance?
(a) He is banished from bull dancing.
(b) He is hurt but lives.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He is killed.
2. During the bull dance, where do Theseus and another of the dancers get caught?
(a) Cornered against the wall by the bull.
(b) In the bull's horns.
(c) Underneath the bull.
(d) In the bull's front legs.
3. What is the name of the bull god?
4. What does the man who slapped Theseus across the face call Poseidon?
(c) King of the sea.
(d) Father of the sea.
5. Where does Theseus go after killing the king?
(a) To practice bull dancing.
(b) Back to his own bed.
(c) To his lover's chambers.
(d) To meet with his kinsmen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why won't Theseus go to his lover the night before the bull dance?
2. Why does Theseus choose not to travel to Athens on the ship?
3. What does Theseus' father want to do for Theseus' birthday?
4. Who is the man that threw the item in the sea for Theseus to retrieve?
5. What angered Poseidon?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)