|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the people of Crete treat Theseus and his kinsmen when they arrive?
(a) They are mocked and ridiculed.
(b) They are nervous and shy.
(c) They are applauded and followed around the city.
(d) They are prodded and pinched like cattle.
2. After Theseus' friend is killed, he comes to a camp of _________.
(a) Young shepherds.
(d) Traveling gypsies.
3. When the man threw the item into the sea on the day that Theseus arrived, what was that a symbol of?
(a) A symbol to show that the king is more powerful than the sea.
(b) A symbol to show that the king is obedient to the sea.
(c) A symbol to show that the king is at peace with the sea.
(d) A symbol to show that the king has wed the sea.
4. Who wants the king of Crete to die and is the one who is believed to have infected him?
(b) The queen.
5. Whom do Theseus and his friend run into as they begin their journey?
(b) Old friends from home.
(c) Robbers and thieves.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the war last?
2. What happens to Theseus after the bull dance?
3. After Theseus talks to his grandfather, how many days is it until a ship arrives at Troizen to take him to Athens?
4. Who is going to send a message to Theseus' father, asking for help in stopping the son of the king of Crete?
5. Who do the people of the town care more for as their leader?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)