|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the queen of Crete treat her son when he was young?
(a) He was liked but not favored.
(b) He was held dear by his mother.
(c) He was treated as an outcast and told he was nasty.
(d) He was ignored but not treated badly.
2. Who is the town ruled by?
(c) The townspeople.
(d) The elderly.
3. Why does Theseus decide to make friends with one of the neighboring kingdoms?
(a) To hire servants to work in the fields.
(b) To get them to ask the Eleusians for their help in a war.
(c) To barter weapons.
(d) To trade goods with them.
4. Why must the entire town watch Theseus and the queen?
(a) To reassure them of this union.
(b) To ensure the continuation of the bloodline.
(c) To bring prosperity to the town.
(d) To ensure that the crops will grow.
5. For what have the Crete men come to Athens?
(a) To start a war.
(b) A tribute of men and women.
(c) To barter goods.
(d) A tribute of young boys and girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Theseus and his kinsmen practice on the ship?
2. What happens to Theseus after the bull dance?
3. What happens to the bull after the dance?
4. How do the people of Crete treat Theseus and his kinsmen when they arrive?
5. After Theseus talks to his grandfather, how many days is it until a ship arrives at Troizen to take him to Athens?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)