|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Theseus and his kinsmen practice on the ship?
(a) A dance.
(c) Speed drills.
2. Why won't Theseus go to his lover the night before the bull dance?
(a) He is angry with her.
(b) He must stay away because he's being followed.
(c) He must keep his pledge to his fellow cranes.
(d) He no longer desires her.
3. Why does Theseus choose not to travel to Athens on the ship?
(a) He gets very sick on ships.
(b) He realizes that the ship is not big enough.
(c) He's offended by the words of the ship's captain.
(d) He believes it would be faster to travel on land.
4. Why is Theseus proclaimed the leader of the bull dancers in Crete?
(a) He is heir to the throne.
(b) He is the bravest.
(c) He is the strongest.
(d) He was the one that gave himself to the gods.
5. Why does Theseus' mother not want Theseus to tell anyone along his journey who he is?
(a) She fears they'd want him dead because he's heir to his father's kingdom.
(b) She has many enemies that would kill him because he's her son.
(c) She fears a woman might seduce him because of his birthright.
(d) She worries he'd be robbed of his possessions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why must the entire town watch Theseus and the queen?
2. What is the name of the man who kills Theseus' friend?
3. Why does Theseus take a different path every night on the way to meet his lover?
4. What does the entire town watch Theseus and the queen doing?
5. What happens to the body of the person that's killed every year in the town?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)