|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the queen announce the oracle has proclaimed about Theseus' coming?
(a) He's come to pay homage to the king and queen.
(b) He's come to destroy the town.
(c) He's come to kill the current king.
(d) He's come to marry the queen.
2. Who is the town ruled by?
(c) The townspeople.
(d) The elderly.
3. What does the queen do after her fight with Theseus?
(a) She becomes silent and submissive.
(b) She breaks down crying.
(c) She demands an apology.
(d) She gets angry and leaves.
4. How did Theseus ruin the symbol by retrieving the item?
(a) He disrupted his destiny.
(b) He disrespected the sea.
(c) He wed himself to the sea.
(d) He dishonored the king.
5. Why did someone give the bull medicine to make him mad?
(a) This person wagered money on a death in the arena.
(b) This person wanted the bull dead.
(c) This person wanted all of the bull dancers to die.
(d) This person wanted Theseus dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Theseus and the bull dancers smuggle and begin to hide?
2. What is the name of the next town Theseus travels to after leaving the camp?
3. How does Theseus' grandfather feel when he learns Theseus didn't go on the ship?
4. What disease afflicts the king of Crete?
5. What does Theseus think of the person who tells him the gods favor him?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)