|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapter 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the man that threw the item in the sea for Theseus to retrieve?
2. Who tells Theseus that the gods favor him?
(a) His father.
(b) An old woman.
(d) His mother.
3. Why does Theseus take a different path every night on the way to meet his lover?
(a) To strengthen his body for bull dancing.
(b) So he can map out several places that he might need later on.
(c) To ward off bad spirits.
(d) To make sure no one is following him.
4. What does the entire town watch Theseus and the queen doing?
(a) Sharing a glass of wine.
(d) Making love.
5. Who do the people of the town care more for as their leader?
(a) The Queen.
(b) The King.
(c) The Princess.
(d) The Prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Theseus and his kinsmen decide to call themselves?
2. What does Theseus think of the person who tells him the gods favor him?
3. How does Theseus' grandfather feel when he learns Theseus didn't go on the ship?
4. What is one place that Theseus finds useful on his way to meet his lover?
5. Why does Theseus' lover begin to cry?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)