* Theseus as an old man recalls the story of his early life and the values he held.
* Theseus' childhood home is called Hellene, and his grandfather is King Pittheus.
* Theseus is told from birth he was begotten by Poseidon.
* At a ceremony, King Pittheus sacrifices the king horse and dedicates Theseus to Poseidon.
* Theseus begins service to Poseidon when he turns eight.
* Theseus can hear Poseidon sleeping in the ocean.
* Kannadis, Theseus' mentor, reassures Theseus about Poseidon.
* Simo, the new boy, makes fun of Theseus because he's small.
* Theseus and Simo fight and have to sacrifice their suppers to atone for their disobedience.
* Theseus finds that he is shorter than almost every child his age.
* Kannadis tells Theseus to revere the gods in humility.
* Theseus repeatedly prays to Poseidon for a sign.
* Simo makes fun of Theseus; therefore Theseus stomps his foot on the ground...
This section contains 1,595 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)