Book 1: Chapter 1-4
• Theseus as an old man recalls the story of his early life and the values he held.
• Theseus' childhood home is called Hellene, and his grandfather is King Pittheus.
• Theseus is told from birth he was begotten by Poseidon.
• At a ceremony, King Pittheus sacrifices the king horse and dedicates Theseus to Poseidon.
• Theseus begins service to Poseidon when he turns eight.
• Theseus can hear Poseidon sleeping in the ocean.
• Kannadis, Theseus' mentor, reassures Theseus about Poseidon.
• Simo, the new boy, makes fun of Theseus because he's small.
• Theseus and Simo fight and have to sacrifice their suppers to atone for their disobedience.
• Theseus finds that he is shorter than almost every child his age.
• Kannadis tells Theseus to revere the gods in humility.
• Theseus repeatedly prays to Poseidon for a sign.
• Simo makes fun of Theseus; therefore Theseus stomps his foot on the...
This section contains 1,602 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)