|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which group is quickly executed?
2. The men are suddenly involved in a battle with how many Vietcong soldiers?
3. The _____ platoon of Alpha Company meets up with Downs' troops.
4. As they descend from the top of the mountain many men are attacked by which of the following:
(a) Fire ants.
5. Downs begins to question the military's _____ in regards to fighting the enemy.
(d) Common sense.
Short Answer Questions
1. Downs convinces soldiers that he is a ____.
2. How many men are injured by a land mine at this time?
3. Downs sees a large trailer that belongs to which person?
4. Downs' platoon is split into how many parts?
5. The men are attacked by an ambush shaped to resemble which letter?
Short Essay Questions
1. The day after the conflict, there is another ambush. Who is ambushed? The recent events cause the men to have what realization? What is the reaction of the soldiers?
2. Explain the trip to the area around the Tam Ky province. What is the general atmosphere of the area.
3. Explain what the author means by the genocidal aspect of the war. How does Downs justify this behavior?
4. Where are the American soldiers sent to next?
5. How is the platoon separated? Who are the leaders? What happens shortly after the separation? What is Downs' reaction to the conflict?
6. Where is the Tam Ky province? How is it similar to the old base camp outside Duc Pho?
7. How and why is Downs rewarded for his actions in the field?
8. What is the plan issued to Downs by Captain Sells?
9. What happens to a soldier from the Alpha Company's 3-6 platoon?
10. Who arrives to assist the soldiers? What happens during the operation?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)