|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Two soldiers are hit by a land mine after walking through a _____.
(b) Village hut.
(d) Rice paddy.
2. The men fire upon a dark figure that turns out to be an old woman. Where is the woman shot?
3. Downs' platoon is split into how many parts?
4. Who serves as the point man on the next patrol?
5. What word is best used to describe the Army people encountered by Downs at the mess hall?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not at least slightly injured in the blast?
2. Downs wants to leave the area but is ordered to stay by _______.
3. Downs wonders why the _____ have to do so little and Downs' platoon works hard to fight.
4. In a funny scene Downs decides to assist a man who has been in an accident with a _____.
5. This section begins with which company engaging in a fierce battle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what the author means by the genocidal aspect of the war. How does Downs justify this behavior?
2. Where are the American soldiers sent to next?
3. Where is the Tam Ky province? How is it similar to the old base camp outside Duc Pho?
4. Discuss Downs' opinion of the base camp and area surrounding Pleiku.
5. What is the irony surrounding the major injuries sustained by Downs?
6. The day after the conflict, there is another ambush. Who is ambushed? The recent events cause the men to have what realization? What is the reaction of the soldiers?
7. How is the platoon separated? Who are the leaders? What happens shortly after the separation? What is Downs' reaction to the conflict?
8. Why is Downs angry when Sells releases the two men hiding in the bunker?
9. The American soldiers stumble upon a Vietcong camp. Describe what happens next.
10. Explain the scene in which the Alpha Company engages in a large scale battle.
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)