|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many American soldiers are injured during this particular confrontation?
2. The men are attacked by an ambush shaped to resemble which letter?
3. How many Vietcong are captured during the ambush?
4. The bridge previously guarded by the men is located on which highway?
(a) Highway 3.
(b) Highway 6.
(c) Highway 9.
(d) Highway 1.
5. Downs begins to think about going to ____ school.
(a) Officer training.
(b) Heavy weapons training.
(c) Military intelligence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the people search for usable items?
2. The troops are flown farther north near what large body of water?
3. The platoon decides to stop by two _____.
4. One of the men falls ___ feet and stops breathing.
5. What items are taken when the soldiers search the huts?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Downs' state of mind at this stage of the war. What objections does Downs have about the way the mission is being operated?
2. Who arrives to assist the soldiers? What happens during the operation?
3. Why is Downs angry when Sells releases the two men hiding in the bunker?
4. How is the platoon separated? Who are the leaders? What happens shortly after the separation? What is Downs' reaction to the conflict?
5. Explain Downs' escape and the attack on the other men.
6. What happens to the wounded men? What can the soldiers do to save them?
7. What happens to a soldier from the Alpha Company's 3-6 platoon?
8. How does Downs win the battle with the NVA soldier?
9. Where is the Tam Ky province? How is it similar to the old base camp outside Duc Pho?
10. What incident takes place involving the seven civilians? What is the attitude of the soldiers on both sides?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)