|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The men are suddenly involved in a battle with how many Vietcong soldiers?
2. The platoon ends up in an area referred to as a _____ zone.
(a) Friendly fire.
(c) No fly.
3. Which of the following is not at least slightly injured in the blast?
4. Downs wants to leave the area but is ordered to stay by _______.
5. One of the civilians is a teenager who is shot in the ____.
Short Answer Questions
1. This section begins with which company engaging in a fierce battle?
2. How is the attacking NVA officer killed?
3. Downs and his platoon return to which camp?
4. What approximate age is the man in the bunker?
5. The platoon decides to stop by two _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. The day after the conflict, there is another ambush. Who is ambushed? The recent events cause the men to have what realization? What is the reaction of the soldiers?
2. Discuss Downs' state of mind at this stage of the war. What objections does Downs have about the way the mission is being operated?
3. Explain the near miss experienced by Lt. Downs in the middle of the jungle.
4. Discuss Downs' opinion of the base camp and area surrounding Pleiku.
5. Sells sends Downs and his men on a foot patrol. Where does Sells send the men? What change has there been in personnel?
6. Why is Downs angry when Sells releases the two men hiding in the bunker?
7. What is the plan issued to Downs by Captain Sells?
8. What are some of Downs' ongoing complaints regarding the ARVN?
9. Explain what the author means by the genocidal aspect of the war. How does Downs justify this behavior?
10. What incident takes place involving the seven civilians? What is the attitude of the soldiers on both sides?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)