|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Downs' platoon is split into how many parts?
2. How many Vietcong were shot and killed by soldiers in the helicopter?
3. After the remaining Vietcong flee, the Americans discover two _____ concealed in a bunker.
(a) Crates of weapons.
(b) Topographical maps.
4. Downs wonders why the _____ have to do so little and Downs' platoon works hard to fight.
(b) Commanding officers.
(d) Medical staff.
5. Downs and his platoon return to which camp?
(a) Base Camp Montezuma.
(b) Cho-Hui firebase.
(c) Firebase Pleiku.
(d) Riverside command station.
Short Answer Questions
1. Downs begins to question the military's _____ in regards to fighting the enemy.
2. The platoon decides to stop by two _____.
3. A soldier goes into a bunker to find how many men?
4. Who issues a new plan to Downs via radio?
5. Who shoots at the soldier?
Short Essay Questions
1. How and why is Downs rewarded for his actions in the field?
2. Why is Downs angry when Sells releases the two men hiding in the bunker?
3. Explain Downs' escape and the attack on the other men.
4. Discuss at least one way in which the American soldiers can attack the Vietcong without being located.
5. Discuss Downs' opinion of the base camp and area surrounding Pleiku.
6. The day after the conflict, there is another ambush. Who is ambushed? The recent events cause the men to have what realization? What is the reaction of the soldiers?
7. Explain the near miss experienced by Lt. Downs in the middle of the jungle.
8. What happens to a soldier from the Alpha Company's 3-6 platoon?
9. What are some of Downs' ongoing complaints regarding the ARVN?
10. What is the plan issued to Downs by Captain Sells?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)