|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Two soldiers are hit by a land mine after walking through a _____.
(a) Rice paddy.
(c) Village hut.
2. Which of the soldiers becomes isolated from the rest of the platoon?
3. Which item seems to be most valuable to the people?
4. As they descend from the top of the mountain many men are attacked by which of the following:
(a) Fire ants.
5. This section begins with which company engaging in a fierce battle?
Short Answer Questions
1. The platoon ends up in an area referred to as a _____ zone.
2. What unfortunate incident happens to Downs when he must face an enemy.
3. What items are taken when the soldiers search the huts?
4. What separates this area from the open ocean?
5. The men fire upon a dark figure that turns out to be an old woman. Where is the woman shot?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the trip to the area around the Tam Ky province. What is the general atmosphere of the area.
2. Why is Downs angry when Sells releases the two men hiding in the bunker?
3. What happens to a soldier from the Alpha Company's 3-6 platoon?
4. What is the plan issued to Downs by Captain Sells?
5. What are some of Downs' ongoing complaints regarding the ARVN?
6. Discuss at least one way in which the American soldiers can attack the Vietcong without being located.
7. Discuss Downs' opinion of the base camp and area surrounding Pleiku.
8. Explain what the author means by the genocidal aspect of the war. How does Downs justify this behavior?
9. How is the platoon separated? Who are the leaders? What happens shortly after the separation? What is Downs' reaction to the conflict?
10. The American soldiers stumble upon a Vietcong camp. Describe what happens next.
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)