|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The platoon decides to stop by two _____.
(a) Rice paddies.
(b) Tree stumps.
(c) Wrecked Jeeps.
2. The platoon ends up in an area referred to as a _____ zone.
(c) Friendly fire.
(d) No fly.
3. How many American soldiers are injured during this particular confrontation?
4. What does Downs do to pass the time?
(a) Watches TV.
(b) Plays with the local children.
5. Once he is in the village, Downs notices that the Vietnamese people there are poor and ____.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the remaining Vietcong flee, the Americans discover two _____ concealed in a bunker.
2. How many men are injured by a land mine at this time?
3. What items are taken when the soldiers search the huts?
4. How is the attacking NVA officer killed?
5. Downs wants to leave the area but is ordered to stay by _______.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the trip to the area around the Tam Ky province. What is the general atmosphere of the area.
2. Where are the American soldiers sent to next?
3. Discuss Downs' opinion of the base camp and area surrounding Pleiku.
4. Explain the scene in which the Alpha Company engages in a large scale battle.
5. What incident takes place involving the seven civilians? What is the attitude of the soldiers on both sides?
6. How does Downs win the battle with the NVA soldier?
7. Explain Downs' escape and the attack on the other men.
8. What is the irony surrounding the major injuries sustained by Downs?
9. Explain the near miss experienced by Lt. Downs in the middle of the jungle.
10. Explain what the author means by the genocidal aspect of the war. How does Downs justify this behavior?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)