|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Two soldiers are hit by a land mine after walking through a _____.
(b) Rice paddy.
(c) Village hut.
2. Once he is in the village, Downs notices that the Vietnamese people there are poor and ____.
3. The items are from which country?
4. Downs accidentally steps on what type of a trap?
5. What separates this area from the open ocean?
Short Answer Questions
1. Downs convinces soldiers that he is a ____.
2. Who has control of the area?
3. Despite the rugged terrain, the officers manage to _____ the injured men.
4. Downs begins to question the military's _____ in regards to fighting the enemy.
5. This section begins with which company engaging in a fierce battle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What incident takes place involving the seven civilians? What is the attitude of the soldiers on both sides?
2. What is the irony surrounding the major injuries sustained by Downs?
3. Explain Downs' escape and the attack on the other men.
4. How does Downs win the battle with the NVA soldier?
5. Discuss Downs' opinion of the base camp and area surrounding Pleiku.
6. What happens to the wounded men? What can the soldiers do to save them?
7. Explain the scene in which the Alpha Company engages in a large scale battle.
8. Where is the Tam Ky province? How is it similar to the old base camp outside Duc Pho?
9. What happens to a soldier from the Alpha Company's 3-6 platoon?
10. The day after the conflict, there is another ambush. Who is ambushed? The recent events cause the men to have what realization? What is the reaction of the soldiers?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)