|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the commander that replaced Schaldenbrand?
2. Downs accidentally steps on what type of a trap?
3. The men are suddenly involved in a battle with how many Vietcong soldiers?
4. Which item seems to be most valuable to the people?
5. Who wants to execute the men in the bunker?
Short Answer Questions
1. What emergency procedure is performed to attempt to save the man's life?
2. The men fire upon a dark figure that turns out to be an old woman. Where is the woman shot?
3. The platoon ends up in an area referred to as a _____ zone.
4. What items are taken when the soldiers search the huts?
5. The platoon decides to stop by two _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Sells sends Downs and his men on a foot patrol. Where does Sells send the men? What change has there been in personnel?
2. Where are the American soldiers sent to next?
3. What are some of Downs' ongoing complaints regarding the ARVN?
4. Explain what the author means by the genocidal aspect of the war. How does Downs justify this behavior?
5. What happens to the wounded men? What can the soldiers do to save them?
6. Explain the scene in which the Alpha Company engages in a large scale battle.
7. What is the irony surrounding the major injuries sustained by Downs?
8. How and why is Downs rewarded for his actions in the field?
9. Explain the trip to the area around the Tam Ky province. What is the general atmosphere of the area.
10. Discuss at least one way in which the American soldiers can attack the Vietcong without being located.
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)