|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man that took over for RTO Mann?
2. The _____ platoon of Alpha Company meets up with Downs' troops.
3. What word is best used to describe the Army people encountered by Downs at the mess hall?
4. The plan entails going to a local ____ to ambush the Vietcong.
5. How many American soldiers are injured during this particular confrontation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Downs wants to leave the area but is ordered to stay by _______.
2. As they descend from the top of the mountain many men are attacked by which of the following:
3. Which of the following is not at least slightly injured in the blast?
4. What emergency procedure is performed to attempt to save the man's life?
5. How is the attacking NVA officer killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of Downs' ongoing complaints regarding the ARVN?
2. The American soldiers stumble upon a Vietcong camp. Describe what happens next.
3. Why is Downs angry when Sells releases the two men hiding in the bunker?
4. What incident takes place involving the seven civilians? What is the attitude of the soldiers on both sides?
5. Discuss Downs' opinion of the base camp and area surrounding Pleiku.
6. What happens to a soldier from the Alpha Company's 3-6 platoon?
7. How is the platoon separated? Who are the leaders? What happens shortly after the separation? What is Downs' reaction to the conflict?
8. The day after the conflict, there is another ambush. Who is ambushed? The recent events cause the men to have what realization? What is the reaction of the soldiers?
9. What happens to the wounded men? What can the soldiers do to save them?
10. Where are the American soldiers sent to next?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)