|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The bridge previously guarded by the men is located on which highway?
(a) Highway 3.
(b) Highway 9.
(c) Highway 1.
(d) Highway 6.
2. One of the injuries consists of which of the following:
(a) Shoulder wound.
(b) Lost leg.
(c) Lost arm.
(d) Stomach wound.
3. How many Vietcong are captured during the ambush?
4. Where do the people search for usable items?
(a) Soldiers' tents.
(b) Refuse pails.
(c) Surrounding fields.
5. Who wants to execute the men in the bunker?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many American soldiers are injured during this particular confrontation?
2. The troops are flown farther north near what large body of water?
3. Downs accidentally steps on what type of a trap?
4. Where is the Tam Ky province located?
5. In a funny scene Downs decides to assist a man who has been in an accident with a _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. How and why is Downs rewarded for his actions in the field?
2. What happens to a soldier from the Alpha Company's 3-6 platoon?
3. Explain Downs' escape and the attack on the other men.
4. Explain the trip to the area around the Tam Ky province. What is the general atmosphere of the area.
5. Explain the scene in which the Alpha Company engages in a large scale battle.
6. Where is the Tam Ky province? How is it similar to the old base camp outside Duc Pho?
7. Where are the American soldiers sent to next?
8. Explain the near miss experienced by Lt. Downs in the middle of the jungle.
9. How does Downs win the battle with the NVA soldier?
10. What incident takes place involving the seven civilians? What is the attitude of the soldiers on both sides?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)