|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man that took over for RTO Mann?
2. Who shoots at the soldier?
(a) Vietcong officer.
(b) Old woman.
(d) NVA soldier.
3. Because Downs managed to capture _____ in the jungle he is given time off from the war.
(c) A suicide bomber.
(d) A village.
4. Despite the rugged terrain, the officers manage to _____ the injured men.
5. How many men are in the platoon at this time?
Short Answer Questions
1. The patrol is sent out not to fight but to locate:
2. Which officer commands a platoon along with Downs?
3. The items are from which country?
4. Who serves as the point man on the next patrol?
5. Which group is quickly executed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the near miss experienced by Lt. Downs in the middle of the jungle.
2. What incident takes place involving the seven civilians? What is the attitude of the soldiers on both sides?
3. Explain the trip to the area around the Tam Ky province. What is the general atmosphere of the area.
4. What is the irony surrounding the major injuries sustained by Downs?
5. Where are the American soldiers sent to next?
6. The American soldiers stumble upon a Vietcong camp. Describe what happens next.
7. Explain the scene in which the Alpha Company engages in a large scale battle.
8. Who arrives to assist the soldiers? What happens during the operation?
9. Sells sends Downs and his men on a foot patrol. Where does Sells send the men? What change has there been in personnel?
10. How is the platoon separated? Who are the leaders? What happens shortly after the separation? What is Downs' reaction to the conflict?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)