|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If Downs had not escaped, he would have been hit with which of the following?
(b) Tree limb.
2. Two soldiers are hit by a land mine after walking through a _____.
(a) Rice paddy.
(b) Village hut.
3. One of the men falls ___ feet and stops breathing.
4. Which item seems to be most valuable to the people?
5. How is the attacking NVA officer killed?
Short Answer Questions
1. The platoon decides to stop by two _____.
2. How many American soldiers are injured during this particular confrontation?
3. The _____ platoon of Alpha Company meets up with Downs' troops.
4. The next morning ___ civilians are ordered to surrender.
5. Who has control of the area?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where are the American soldiers sent to next?
2. Explain the trip to the area around the Tam Ky province. What is the general atmosphere of the area.
3. What incident takes place involving the seven civilians? What is the attitude of the soldiers on both sides?
4. What is the irony surrounding the major injuries sustained by Downs?
5. What happens to a soldier from the Alpha Company's 3-6 platoon?
6. Explain Downs' escape and the attack on the other men.
7. Sells sends Downs and his men on a foot patrol. Where does Sells send the men? What change has there been in personnel?
8. What is the plan issued to Downs by Captain Sells?
9. Who arrives to assist the soldiers? What happens during the operation?
10. The American soldiers stumble upon a Vietcong camp. Describe what happens next.
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)