|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who issues the order to let the men go?
2. How many American soldiers are injured during this particular confrontation?
3. Who issues a new plan to Downs via radio?
4. The troops move forward making their way through all but which of the following?
5. The items are from which country?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shoots at the soldier?
2. The area is now abandoned but had once been a thriving area for which type of product?
3. One of the men falls ___ feet and stops breathing.
4. The patrol is sent out not to fight but to locate:
5. Downs begins to question the military's _____ in regards to fighting the enemy.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the near miss experienced by Lt. Downs in the middle of the jungle.
2. How and why is Downs rewarded for his actions in the field?
3. What is the plan issued to Downs by Captain Sells?
4. How does Downs win the battle with the NVA soldier?
5. Explain the trip to the area around the Tam Ky province. What is the general atmosphere of the area.
6. Discuss at least one way in which the American soldiers can attack the Vietcong without being located.
7. Explain what the author means by the genocidal aspect of the war. How does Downs justify this behavior?
8. Discuss Downs' state of mind at this stage of the war. What objections does Downs have about the way the mission is being operated?
9. Who arrives to assist the soldiers? What happens during the operation?
10. What happens to a soldier from the Alpha Company's 3-6 platoon?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)