|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who issues the order to let the men go?
2. As they descend from the top of the mountain many men are attacked by which of the following:
(d) Fire ants.
3. A soldier goes into a bunker to find how many men?
4. Back at the camp Sells orders Downs to hike _____ kilometers south of the bridge.
5. Who issues a new plan to Downs via radio?
Short Answer Questions
1. The area is now abandoned but had once been a thriving area for which type of product?
2. How is Downs spared from being caught and killed?
3. If Downs had not escaped, he would have been hit with which of the following?
4. In a funny scene Downs decides to assist a man who has been in an accident with a _____.
5. Downs wonders why the _____ have to do so little and Downs' platoon works hard to fight.
Short Essay Questions
1. How and why is Downs rewarded for his actions in the field?
2. Why is Downs angry when Sells releases the two men hiding in the bunker?
3. What happens to the wounded men? What can the soldiers do to save them?
4. Discuss at least one way in which the American soldiers can attack the Vietcong without being located.
5. Explain the trip to the area around the Tam Ky province. What is the general atmosphere of the area.
6. Where is the Tam Ky province? How is it similar to the old base camp outside Duc Pho?
7. What incident takes place involving the seven civilians? What is the attitude of the soldiers on both sides?
8. What happens to a soldier from the Alpha Company's 3-6 platoon?
9. What is the plan issued to Downs by Captain Sells?
10. What is the irony surrounding the major injuries sustained by Downs?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)