|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first base was set up in what type of area?
2. What is a Choi-Hoi?
3. Which man stops to give advice to Downs about the condition of the jungle?
4. What is the rank of the officer Downs refers to as being "nasty?"
5. Where were the troops moved to next?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the enemy of American forces?
2. The character belongs to which branch of the military?
3. During the patrol how many Vietcong are confronted in the region?
4. What is the definition of "dink?"
5. How many men will be put into a platoon during the fighting formation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the scene in which the platoon goes out into the rice paddies. Who do the soldiers see? What mishap occurs?
2. What is the issue with convoys traveling by the established road? What were the orders issued to the men?
3. Describe the people confronted in one of the villages. What happens to them?
4. Discuss the transport of the battalion to the new base camp.
5. Downs comes to what realization during this time?
6. How does Downs deal with one of the soldiers that has proven to be lazy?
7. Who gives Downs details about his destination? What does the man say?
8. What is Downs' rank? Where does Downs go on his first assignment?
9. Describe the others at the camp, including Downs' meetings with other soldiers and superiors.
10. Explain Downs' first friendly encounter with the Vietnamese villagers.
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)