|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The platoon finds ___ Vietcong have been blown up along the roadside.
2. Which word means to avoid duty by feigning illness or injury?
3. During which month is one of the vehicles in the convoy blown up?
4. Up to this point Downs and his men had spent how many months at the first camp?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 3 months.
5. What type of plane is used to transport the new soldier?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which adjective best describes the firepower of the Americans?
2. Which government office is held by one of the Vietnamese civilians?
3. What is the name of the acting commander at the camp?
4. What is the man's military rank?
5. What types of patrols are sent out by Downs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the issue with convoys traveling by the established road? What were the orders issued to the men?
2. Describe the scene that takes place on November 13th. What types of weapons are involved in the conflict? What type of shelter is available for the soldiers?
3. What difficulty do the soldiers have when it comes to landing the helicopter? What is the solution to the problem?
4. What is the issue with convoys traveling by the established road? What were the orders issued to the men?
5. Explain the arrival and presence of Fouel. What is the opinion of the Americans on the Cho-Hui?
6. What happens shortly after the mine-sweeping crew is on the job?
7. Describe the people confronted in one of the villages. What happens to them?
8. What is Downs' rank? Where does Downs go on his first assignment?
9. How do the soldiers in the battalion refer to the Vietnamese and the Vietcong?
10. Downs comes to what realization during this time?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)