|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not removed from the helicopter?
(a) Wooden crates.
(d) Boxes of rations.
2. Men must do extra work to create which of the following:
(a) Water supply system.
(b) Mess hall.
(c) Medical facility.
(d) Command post.
3. Which man stops to give advice to Downs about the condition of the jungle?
4. The land mine is rigged to release what debilitating item?
(b) Broken glass.
(c) Tear Gas.
5. How do the soldiers get from the helicopters to the ground?
(b) Air lifts.
(d) Step down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the next location?
2. The character is scheduled to fly into which country?
3. Which word means to avoid duty by feigning illness or injury?
4. An American is wounded in which area of his body?
5. What type of vehicle is blown up?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Downs and his platoon spend the first two months in Vietnam?
2. Discuss Downs' situation at the base camp. Where is it located? What is the name of the platoon?
3. When is the platoon moved from the area? Where are they taken to set up a new base camp?
4. Discuss the transport of the battalion to the new base camp.
5. Downs comes to what realization during this time?
6. What is Downs' rank? Where does Downs go on his first assignment?
7. Describe the scene that takes place on November 13th. What types of weapons are involved in the conflict? What type of shelter is available for the soldiers?
8. What happens shortly after the mine-sweeping crew is on the job?
9. How does Downs deal with one of the soldiers that has proven to be lazy?
10. Who gives Downs details about his destination? What does the man say?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)