|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The men find which type of land mine in the area?
(a) Bouncing Better.
2. Downs shoots what type of animal?
3. The animal had been accidentally setting off ____ which could have been very dangerous to the soldiers.
(a) Trip wires.
(d) Land mines.
4. Which man stops to give advice to Downs about the condition of the jungle?
5. What is the surname of the main character?
Short Answer Questions
1. What brand of motorcycles are used by the South Vietnamese police?
2. What is the name of the radio officer?
3. Which of the following is to be guarded by the company?
4. How many helicopters does it take to transport the soldiers?
5. In what year does the story begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the scene in which the platoon goes out into the rice paddies. Who do the soldiers see? What mishap occurs?
2. Describe the scene when Lt. Frederick Downs arrives at the airfield for the first time.
3. What happens shortly after the mine-sweeping crew is on the job?
4. Describe the scene that takes place on the bridge. Who is involved?
5. What is Downs' rank? Where does Downs go on his first assignment?
6. Downs comes to what realization during this time?
7. Where does Downs and his platoon spend the first two months in Vietnam?
8. What is the issue with convoys traveling by the established road? What were the orders issued to the men?
9. Describe the others at the camp, including Downs' meetings with other soldiers and superiors.
10. Describe the people confronted in one of the villages. What happens to them?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)