|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the code number used to identify Downs?
2. The base for the division is based in which town/city?
(a) Ho Chi Minh.
(b) Duc Pho.
3. Approximately how many men are taken to the new base?
4. How many hits are made by Downs?
5. What is the rank of the officer Downs refers to as being "nasty?"
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days go by before Downs is sent to the next location?
2. What type of grass covers most of the area?
3. Which government office is held by one of the Vietnamese civilians?
4. How old is the NVA soldier confronted by the group?
5. By chance the soldiers learn that there are numerous _____ in the area.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the biggest problem with this plan?
2. What is the basic plan for battle for the First Platoon? Would the platoon have any back up?
3. What happens shortly after the mine-sweeping crew is on the job?
4. Explain Downs' first friendly encounter with the Vietnamese villagers.
5. Describe the scene when Lt. Frederick Downs arrives at the airfield for the first time.
6. Describe the scene that takes place on November 13th. What types of weapons are involved in the conflict? What type of shelter is available for the soldiers?
7. Discuss the transport of the battalion to the new base camp.
8. When is the platoon moved from the area? Where are they taken to set up a new base camp?
9. Downs comes to what realization during this time?
10. What is the issue with convoys traveling by the established road? What were the orders issued to the men?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)