|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the man's military rank?
2. What is the rank of the officer Downs refers to as being "nasty?"
3. How many helicopters does it take to transport the soldiers?
4. What type of vehicle is blown up?
(b) Water tanker.
(c) Weapons transport.
(d) Advance team.
5. By chance the soldiers learn that there are numerous _____ in the area.
(a) Japanese forces.
(c) Dairy farms.
(d) Booby traps.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of plane is used to transport the new soldier?
2. The men find which type of land mine in the area?
3. What is the name of the base camp?
4. What is the definition of "dink?"
5. Which government office is held by one of the Vietnamese civilians?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is exposed by a random shot fired by Downs? What is the next step taken in the mission? What is discovered?
2. Discuss Downs' situation at the base camp. Where is it located? What is the name of the platoon?
3. What happens shortly after the mine-sweeping crew is on the job?
4. Describe the scene that takes place on November 13th. What types of weapons are involved in the conflict? What type of shelter is available for the soldiers?
5. Explain Downs' first friendly encounter with the Vietnamese villagers.
6. What difficulty do the soldiers have when it comes to landing the helicopter? What is the solution to the problem?
7. What type of personnel make up the platoon? What is the common bond between all of the men?
8. Who gives Downs details about his destination? What does the man say?
9. What is the issue with convoys traveling by the established road? What were the orders issued to the men?
10. Explain the arrival and presence of Fouel. What is the opinion of the Americans on the Cho-Hui?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)