|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men are sent out in the first patrol?
2. Which of the following is not typically used to fight in this particular instance?
(a) Infantry on horseback.
(b) Helicopter gunships.
(c) Aircraft bombers.
(d) Foot soldiers.
3. What is the name of the next location?
(b) Ho Chi Minh.
(d) Duc Pho.
4. The soldiers must also erect which of the following:
(a) Communications antennas.
(c) Medical facility.
(d) Artillery bunker.
5. What type of grass covers most of the area?
Short Answer Questions
1. The animal had been accidentally setting off ____ which could have been very dangerous to the soldiers.
2. During which month is one of the vehicles in the convoy blown up?
3. Where were the troops moved to next?
4. What is the definition of "dink?"
5. What is another name used for the Army of South Vietnam?
Short Essay Questions
1. Downs comes to what realization during this time?
2. How do the soldiers in the battalion refer to the Vietnamese and the Vietcong?
3. What happens shortly after the mine-sweeping crew is on the job?
4. What is Downs' rank? Where does Downs go on his first assignment?
5. Discuss Downs' situation at the base camp. Where is it located? What is the name of the platoon?
6. Discuss Downs' first mission and the sights he witnesses.
7. How does Downs deal with one of the soldiers that has proven to be lazy?
8. What is the issue with convoys traveling by the established road? What were the orders issued to the men?
9. Describe the others at the camp, including Downs' meetings with other soldiers and superiors.
10. Discuss the scene in which the platoon goes out into the rice paddies. Who do the soldiers see? What mishap occurs?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)