|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Americans are there at the time?
2. The character belongs to which branch of the military?
(b) Air Force.
3. Which of the following is to be guarded by the company?
(a) Rice paddy.
(c) Captured civilians.
4. What is the surname of the main character?
5. The unit is divided into how many parts?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not typically used to fight in this particular instance?
2. What is the definition of "dink?"
3. How many helicopters does it take to transport the soldiers?
4. During which month is one of the vehicles in the convoy blown up?
5. What is the rank of the officer Downs refers to as being "nasty?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the issue with convoys traveling by the established road? What were the orders issued to the men?
2. What is Downs' rank? Where does Downs go on his first assignment?
3. What type of personnel make up the platoon? What is the common bond between all of the men?
4. What is the basic plan for battle for the First Platoon? Would the platoon have any back up?
5. How do the soldiers in the battalion refer to the Vietnamese and the Vietcong?
6. Downs comes to what realization during this time?
7. Describe the others at the camp, including Downs' meetings with other soldiers and superiors.
8. Describe the scene when Lt. Frederick Downs arrives at the airfield for the first time.
9. Describe the people confronted in one of the villages. What happens to them?
10. Who gives Downs details about his destination? What does the man say?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)