|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Downs is concerned by the presence of which of the following?
(a) Lack of bathroom facilities.
(b) Land mines.
(c) Excessive weaponry.
(d) Commanding officers.
2. An old woman searches the camp and finds which of the following?
3. What is the company's motto?
(a) "Never let them see you sweat."
(b) "It's a lick!"
(c) "Onward and upward!"
(d) "Never say die!"
4. The platoon finds ___ Vietcong have been blown up along the roadside.
5. The patrol goes into an area covered mostly by _____.
(b) Rice paddies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the definition of "dink?"
2. What creature plagues Downs throughout the operation?
3. Up to this point Downs and his men had spent how many months at the first camp?
4. Which of the following is not removed from the helicopter?
5. How many hits are made by Downs?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the others at the camp, including Downs' meetings with other soldiers and superiors.
2. Describe the scene when Lt. Frederick Downs arrives at the airfield for the first time.
3. Describe the scene that takes place on November 13th. What types of weapons are involved in the conflict? What type of shelter is available for the soldiers?
4. Describe the people confronted in one of the villages. What happens to them?
5. Downs comes to what realization during this time?
6. Discuss Downs' situation at the base camp. Where is it located? What is the name of the platoon?
7. Describe the scene that takes place on the bridge. Who is involved?
8. What is exposed by a random shot fired by Downs? What is the next step taken in the mission? What is discovered?
9. How does Downs deal with one of the soldiers that has proven to be lazy?
10. Explain the arrival and presence of Fouel. What is the opinion of the Americans on the Cho-Hui?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)