|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which government office is held by one of the Vietnamese civilians?
(b) County Clerk.
2. Which is not mentioned as being a part of the company at this point?
3. Which of the following is to be guarded by the company?
(c) Rice paddy.
(d) Captured civilians.
4. What is the man's temporary rank?
5. How old is the NVA soldier confronted by the group?
Short Answer Questions
1. The men find which type of land mine in the area?
2. What is the man's military rank?
3. Where is the headquarters for this particular base?
4. The first base was set up in what type of area?
5. What is the name of the next location?
Short Essay Questions
1. Downs comes to what realization during this time?
2. Discuss the scene in which the platoon goes out into the rice paddies. Who do the soldiers see? What mishap occurs?
3. What is the biggest problem with this plan?
4. Discuss the transport of the battalion to the new base camp.
5. Discuss Downs' first mission and the sights he witnesses.
6. Describe the scene that takes place on the bridge. Who is involved?
7. Describe the others at the camp, including Downs' meetings with other soldiers and superiors.
8. What type of personnel make up the platoon? What is the common bond between all of the men?
9. How do the soldiers in the battalion refer to the Vietnamese and the Vietcong?
10. What happens shortly after the mine-sweeping crew is on the job?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)