|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the rank of the officer Downs refers to as being "nasty?"
2. The unit is divided into how many parts?
3. How many of the Vietcong are killed by the Americans?
4. What is a Choi-Hoi?
5. The soldiers are often greeted by which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. What types of patrols are sent out by Downs?
2. Because the enemy knows the standard operation plan of the American troops, they often execute which technique to fight off the soldiers?
3. Which one of the soldiers has to be reprimanded for unprofessional behavior?
4. People attempting to cross the bridge are stopped by a _____.
5. It becomes clear that the infantry does not see eye to eye with the ______ operators.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the basic plan for battle for the First Platoon? Would the platoon have any back up?
2. Explain Downs' first friendly encounter with the Vietnamese villagers.
3. Who gives Downs details about his destination? What does the man say?
4. What is Downs' rank? Where does Downs go on his first assignment?
5. What is the issue with convoys traveling by the established road? What were the orders issued to the men?
6. Describe the others at the camp, including Downs' meetings with other soldiers and superiors.
7. Discuss the scene in which the platoon goes out into the rice paddies. Who do the soldiers see? What mishap occurs?
8. What is the plan for the base camp once the soldiers arrive on site?
9. Describe the area around the base camp and how it is different than Downs expected.
10. When is the platoon moved from the area? Where are they taken to set up a new base camp?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)