|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The soldiers are often greeted by which of the following?
2. What is the name of the officer that made the kill?
3. The platoon finds ___ Vietcong have been blown up along the roadside.
4. What is the name of the acting commander at the camp?
5. What type of vehicle is blown up?
(a) Water tanker.
(c) Weapons transport.
(d) Advance team.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the surname of the main character?
2. What is the company's motto?
3. How many hits are made by Downs?
4. Where were the troops moved to next?
5. On what day is the first Vietcong soldier killed by a soldier?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Downs' situation at the base camp. Where is it located? What is the name of the platoon?
2. Explain the arrival and presence of Fouel. What is the opinion of the Americans on the Cho-Hui?
3. How do the soldiers in the battalion refer to the Vietnamese and the Vietcong?
4. What is Downs' rank? Where does Downs go on his first assignment?
5. What is the basic plan for battle for the First Platoon? Would the platoon have any back up?
6. Where does Downs and his platoon spend the first two months in Vietnam?
7. Discuss the scene in which the platoon goes out into the rice paddies. Who do the soldiers see? What mishap occurs?
8. Discuss Downs' first mission and the sights he witnesses.
9. When is the platoon moved from the area? Where are they taken to set up a new base camp?
10. Explain Downs' first friendly encounter with the Vietnamese villagers.
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)