|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the next location?
(a) Ho Chi Minh.
(c) Duc Pho.
2. Where is the headquarters for this particular base?
(a) Duc Pho.
3. What is referred to using the acronym OCS?
(a) Outward Commander Section.
(b) Officer Candidate School.
(c) Outgoing Congo Soldiers.
(d) Overland Collective Site.
4. What is the nickname used for the local residents?
5. The platoon finds ___ Vietcong have been blown up along the roadside.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the officer that made the kill?
2. How many helicopters does it take to transport the soldiers?
3. Because the enemy knows the standard operation plan of the American troops, they often execute which technique to fight off the soldiers?
4. Downs is now a part of the Delta Company and which other battalion?
5. What creature plagues Downs throughout the operation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Downs and his platoon spend the first two months in Vietnam?
2. How do the soldiers in the battalion refer to the Vietnamese and the Vietcong?
3. What difficulty do the soldiers have when it comes to landing the helicopter? What is the solution to the problem?
4. Who gives Downs details about his destination? What does the man say?
5. What is the issue with convoys traveling by the established road? What were the orders issued to the men?
6. What happens shortly after the mine-sweeping crew is on the job?
7. Describe the others at the camp, including Downs' meetings with other soldiers and superiors.
8. What is exposed by a random shot fired by Downs? What is the next step taken in the mission? What is discovered?
9. Describe the scene when Lt. Frederick Downs arrives at the airfield for the first time.
10. Explain Downs' first friendly encounter with the Vietnamese villagers.
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)