|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The soldiers must also erect which of the following:
(a) Medical facility.
(b) Communications antennas.
(c) Artillery bunker.
2. Which of the following is not typically used to fight in this particular instance?
(a) Aircraft bombers.
(b) Foot soldiers.
(c) Helicopter gunships.
(d) Infantry on horseback.
3. What type of company operates at the base?
4. What is the name of the officer that made the kill?
5. Where were the troops moved to next?
Short Answer Questions
1. What creature plagues Downs throughout the operation?
2. Up to this point Downs and his men had spent how many months at the first camp?
3. On what day is the first Vietcong soldier killed by a soldier?
4. Which one of the soldiers has to be reprimanded for unprofessional behavior?
5. How many helicopters does it take to transport the soldiers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the basic plan for battle for the First Platoon? Would the platoon have any back up?
2. Where does Downs and his platoon spend the first two months in Vietnam?
3. Discuss the transport of the battalion to the new base camp.
4. What is the issue with convoys traveling by the established road? What were the orders issued to the men?
5. Explain Downs' first friendly encounter with the Vietnamese villagers.
6. When is the platoon moved from the area? Where are they taken to set up a new base camp?
7. What type of personnel make up the platoon? What is the common bond between all of the men?
8. How do the soldiers in the battalion refer to the Vietnamese and the Vietcong?
9. What is the plan for the base camp once the soldiers arrive on site?
10. What is the issue with convoys traveling by the established road? What were the orders issued to the men?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)