|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The men find which type of land mine in the area?
(b) Bouncing Better.
2. Which word means to avoid duty by feigning illness or injury?
3. The soldiers must also erect which of the following:
(a) Medical facility.
(c) Artillery bunker.
(d) Communications antennas.
4. Which one of the soldiers has to be reprimanded for unprofessional behavior?
5. What is the nickname used for the local residents?
Short Answer Questions
1. An American is wounded in which area of his body?
2. Approximately how many men are taken to the new base?
3. What is the surname of the main character?
4. What is the code number used to identify Downs?
5. Downs shoots what type of animal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene that takes place on November 13th. What types of weapons are involved in the conflict? What type of shelter is available for the soldiers?
2. How does Downs deal with one of the soldiers that has proven to be lazy?
3. What is the plan for the base camp once the soldiers arrive on site?
4. Discuss the scene in which the platoon goes out into the rice paddies. Who do the soldiers see? What mishap occurs?
5. Where does Downs and his platoon spend the first two months in Vietnam?
6. What happens shortly after the mine-sweeping crew is on the job?
7. Discuss Downs' first mission and the sights he witnesses.
8. Discuss Downs' situation at the base camp. Where is it located? What is the name of the platoon?
9. Describe the area around the base camp and how it is different than Downs expected.
10. Downs comes to what realization during this time?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)