|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the headquarters for this particular base?
(b) Duc Pho.
2. It becomes clear that the infantry does not see eye to eye with the ______ operators.
3. Vietnam used to be a _____ colony.
4. The animal had been accidentally setting off ____ which could have been very dangerous to the soldiers.
(b) Trip wires.
(c) Land mines.
5. What is the surname of the main character?
Short Answer Questions
1. Soldiers fight constantly to gain control of which of the following?
2. What is another name used for the Army of South Vietnam?
3. What types of patrols are sent out by Downs?
4. The officer is assigned to which division?
5. What brand of motorcycles are used by the South Vietnamese police?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of personnel make up the platoon? What is the common bond between all of the men?
2. What is Downs' rank? Where does Downs go on his first assignment?
3. How do the soldiers in the battalion refer to the Vietnamese and the Vietcong?
4. Describe the area around the base camp and how it is different than Downs expected.
5. Discuss the transport of the battalion to the new base camp.
6. Downs comes to what realization during this time?
7. What is the issue with convoys traveling by the established road? What were the orders issued to the men?
8. Explain Downs' first friendly encounter with the Vietnamese villagers.
9. Explain the arrival and presence of Fouel. What is the opinion of the Americans on the Cho-Hui?
10. Where does Downs and his platoon spend the first two months in Vietnam?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)