|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were the troops moved to next?
2. What is the name of the base camp?
(a) Camp 64.
(b) Hamburger Hill.
(c) Montezuma Mountain.
(d) Firebase 3.
3. What brand of motorcycles are used by the South Vietnamese police?
4. Which adjective best describes the firepower of the Americans?
5. It becomes clear that the infantry does not see eye to eye with the ______ operators.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Americans are there at the time?
2. What is the name of the Choi-Hoi in this part of the story?
3. Where is the headquarters for this particular base?
4. The first base was set up in what type of area?
5. What is the man's military rank?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Downs' first friendly encounter with the Vietnamese villagers.
2. What happens shortly after the mine-sweeping crew is on the job?
3. When is the platoon moved from the area? Where are they taken to set up a new base camp?
4. What is the biggest problem with this plan?
5. Describe the scene when Lt. Frederick Downs arrives at the airfield for the first time.
6. Describe the others at the camp, including Downs' meetings with other soldiers and superiors.
7. How do the soldiers in the battalion refer to the Vietnamese and the Vietcong?
8. Discuss the transport of the battalion to the new base camp.
9. Describe the scene that takes place on the bridge. Who is involved?
10. Who gives Downs details about his destination? What does the man say?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)