|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The base for the division is based in which town/city?
(b) Ho Chi Minh.
(d) Duc Pho.
2. What type of plane is used to transport the new soldier?
3. Which of the following is not removed from the helicopter?
(a) Wooden crates.
(b) Boxes of rations.
4. What is the name of the watchman on the night patrol?
5. What is the man's temporary rank?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man's military rank?
2. The land mine is rigged to release what debilitating item?
3. Up to this point Downs and his men had spent how many months at the first camp?
4. The soldiers are often greeted by which of the following?
5. The unit is divided into how many parts?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene that takes place on November 13th. What types of weapons are involved in the conflict? What type of shelter is available for the soldiers?
2. Describe the others at the camp, including Downs' meetings with other soldiers and superiors.
3. Discuss the transport of the battalion to the new base camp.
4. Discuss Downs' first mission and the sights he witnesses.
5. Describe the people confronted in one of the villages. What happens to them?
6. Downs comes to what realization during this time?
7. What happens shortly after the mine-sweeping crew is on the job?
8. Discuss Downs' situation at the base camp. Where is it located? What is the name of the platoon?
9. What is exposed by a random shot fired by Downs? What is the next step taken in the mission? What is discovered?
10. Discuss the scene in which the platoon goes out into the rice paddies. Who do the soldiers see? What mishap occurs?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)