|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of vehicle is blown up?
(a) Advance team.
(b) Water tanker.
(d) Weapons transport.
2. How many of the Vietcong are killed by the Americans?
3. The unit is divided into how many parts?
4. Downs shoots what type of animal?
5. Because the enemy knows the standard operation plan of the American troops, they often execute which technique to fight off the soldiers?
(a) Night attack.
(b) They lie in wait.
(d) Soldiers dressed as villagers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men are sent out in the first patrol?
2. What is the name of the acting commander at the camp?
3. How many helicopters does it take to transport the soldiers?
4. How many men are discovered during the first patrol?
5. It becomes clear that the infantry does not see eye to eye with the ______ operators.
Short Essay Questions
1. When is the platoon moved from the area? Where are they taken to set up a new base camp?
2. What is exposed by a random shot fired by Downs? What is the next step taken in the mission? What is discovered?
3. How do the soldiers in the battalion refer to the Vietnamese and the Vietcong?
4. Describe the scene that takes place on November 13th. What types of weapons are involved in the conflict? What type of shelter is available for the soldiers?
5. Explain the arrival and presence of Fouel. What is the opinion of the Americans on the Cho-Hui?
6. What is the issue with convoys traveling by the established road? What were the orders issued to the men?
7. Downs comes to what realization during this time?
8. Describe the scene when Lt. Frederick Downs arrives at the airfield for the first time.
9. What is Downs' rank? Where does Downs go on his first assignment?
10. Explain Downs' first friendly encounter with the Vietnamese villagers.
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)