|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Up to this point Downs and his men had spent how many months at the first camp?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 2 months.
2. Downs shoots what type of animal?
3. Which word best describes the area in which Downs is stationed?
4. Approximately how many men are taken to the new base?
5. The first base was set up in what type of area?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the officer that made the kill?
2. The animal had been accidentally setting off ____ which could have been very dangerous to the soldiers.
3. Which one of the soldiers has to be reprimanded for unprofessional behavior?
4. What types of patrols are sent out by Downs?
5. During the patrol how many Vietcong are confronted in the region?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of personnel make up the platoon? What is the common bond between all of the men?
2. What is the issue with convoys traveling by the established road? What were the orders issued to the men?
3. How does Downs deal with one of the soldiers that has proven to be lazy?
4. What is the basic plan for battle for the First Platoon? Would the platoon have any back up?
5. Describe the others at the camp, including Downs' meetings with other soldiers and superiors.
6. What is the biggest problem with this plan?
7. Explain the arrival and presence of Fouel. What is the opinion of the Americans on the Cho-Hui?
8. Explain Downs' first friendly encounter with the Vietnamese villagers.
9. Who gives Downs details about his destination? What does the man say?
10. Discuss Downs' situation at the base camp. Where is it located? What is the name of the platoon?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)