|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. An old woman searches the camp and finds which of the following?
2. What is the name of the Choi-Hoi in this part of the story?
(b) Win Gou.
(c) Sun Yi.
3. The character belongs to which branch of the military?
(a) Air Force.
4. What creature plagues Downs throughout the operation?
(c) Black flies.
5. How many men are sent out in the first patrol?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is referred to using the acronym OCS?
2. How many of the Vietcong are killed by the Americans?
3. The men find which type of land mine in the area?
4. What is another name used for the Army of South Vietnam?
5. The platoons will be stationed approximately how many kilometers apart?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Downs and his platoon spend the first two months in Vietnam?
2. What is Downs' rank? Where does Downs go on his first assignment?
3. Describe the area around the base camp and how it is different than Downs expected.
4. What is the biggest problem with this plan?
5. Downs comes to what realization during this time?
6. Discuss Downs' first mission and the sights he witnesses.
7. Discuss Downs' situation at the base camp. Where is it located? What is the name of the platoon?
8. Describe the scene when Lt. Frederick Downs arrives at the airfield for the first time.
9. How do the soldiers in the battalion refer to the Vietnamese and the Vietcong?
10. What difficulty do the soldiers have when it comes to landing the helicopter? What is the solution to the problem?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)