|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Soldiers fight constantly to gain control of which of the following?
(b) Communications tower.
(c) Village center.
2. Who is the enemy of American forces?
(c) Korean soldiers.
3. What is the surname of the main character?
4. The base for the division is based in which town/city?
(a) Duc Pho.
(b) Ho Chi Minh.
5. What is the definition of "dink?"
(a) Unclean man.
(b) Foul pig.
(c) Hairy creature.
(d) Wretched farmer.
Short Answer Questions
1. The character belongs to which branch of the military?
2. What is the code number used to identify Downs?
3. How many men will be put into a platoon during the fighting formation?
4. What is the name of the radio officer?
5. Which of the following is one of the commanders at the company?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the transport of the battalion to the new base camp.
2. What type of personnel make up the platoon? What is the common bond between all of the men?
3. Describe the scene when Lt. Frederick Downs arrives at the airfield for the first time.
4. Describe the area around the base camp and how it is different than Downs expected.
5. What happens shortly after the mine-sweeping crew is on the job?
6. Explain the arrival and presence of Fouel. What is the opinion of the Americans on the Cho-Hui?
7. What is exposed by a random shot fired by Downs? What is the next step taken in the mission? What is discovered?
8. Discuss Downs' situation at the base camp. Where is it located? What is the name of the platoon?
9. What is the plan for the base camp once the soldiers arrive on site?
10. Who gives Downs details about his destination? What does the man say?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)