|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Two soldiers are hit by a land mine after walking through a _____.
(b) Village hut.
(d) Rice paddy.
2. Who has control of the area?
(d) Downs' platoon.
3. What separates this area from the open ocean?
4. Which group is quickly executed?
5. The patrol is sent out not to fight but to locate:
(c) A new base site.
(d) A place to land a helicopter.
6. If Downs had not escaped, he would have been hit with which of the following?
(a) Tree limb.
7. The next morning ___ civilians are ordered to surrender.
8. How many men are in the platoon at this time?
9. Aircraft from which group flies overhead during the battle?
(a) Vietnamese police.
(d) American military intelligence.
10. Downs wonders why the _____ have to do so little and Downs' platoon works hard to fight.
(b) Medical staff.
(d) Commanding officers.
11. One of the injuries consists of which of the following:
(a) Lost leg.
(b) Shoulder wound.
(c) Lost arm.
(d) Stomach wound.
12. How many men are injured by a land mine at this time?
13. Downs accidentally steps on what type of a trap?
14. This section begins with which company engaging in a fierce battle?
15. Back at the camp Sells orders Downs to hike _____ kilometers south of the bridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the civilians get away?
2. Downs' platoon is split into how many parts?
3. The soldier manages to dive behind a ____ to keep from being shot.
4. Once he is in the village, Downs notices that the Vietnamese people there are poor and ____.
5. Which of the following is not at least slightly injured in the blast?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)