|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Downs wants to leave the area but is ordered to stay by _______.
2. What word is best used to describe the Army people encountered by Downs at the mess hall?
3. The plan entails going to a local ____ to ambush the Vietcong.
4. Downs begins to question the military's _____ in regards to fighting the enemy.
(a) Common sense.
5. Once he is in the village, Downs notices that the Vietnamese people there are poor and ____.
6. On what date does the platoon return to the bridge?
(a) December 22nd.
(b) December 25th.
(c) December 21st.
(d) December 23rd.
7. One of the civilians is a teenager who is shot in the ____.
8. One of the injuries consists of which of the following:
(a) Shoulder wound.
(b) Stomach wound.
(c) Lost leg.
(d) Lost arm.
9. Where do the people search for usable items?
(a) Refuse pails.
(b) Soldiers' tents.
(d) Surrounding fields.
10. The platoon decides to stop by two _____.
(a) Wrecked Jeeps.
(b) Tree stumps.
(d) Rice paddies.
11. The men fire upon a dark figure that turns out to be an old woman. Where is the woman shot?
12. If Downs had not escaped, he would have been hit with which of the following?
(c) Tree limb.
13. What items are taken when the soldiers search the huts?
14. Who has control of the area?
(a) Downs' platoon.
15. How many American soldiers are injured during this particular confrontation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man that took over for RTO Mann?
2. Who shoots at the soldier?
3. The soldier manages to dive behind a ____ to keep from being shot.
4. Who serves as the point man on the next patrol?
5. Because Downs managed to capture _____ in the jungle he is given time off from the war.
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)