|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The patrol is sent out not to fight but to locate:
(b) A new base site.
(c) A place to land a helicopter.
2. A soldier goes into a bunker to find how many men?
3. Which item seems to be most valuable to the people?
4. Who issues a new plan to Downs via radio?
5. Because Downs managed to capture _____ in the jungle he is given time off from the war.
(a) A village.
(b) A suicide bomber.
6. The _____ platoon of Alpha Company meets up with Downs' troops.
7. How many men are injured by a land mine at this time?
8. Where is the Tam Ky province located?
(a) North Vietnam.
(b) West Vietnam.
(c) South Vietnam.
(d) East Vietnam.
9. Downs and his platoon return to which camp?
(a) Riverside command station.
(b) Base Camp Montezuma.
(c) Firebase Pleiku.
(d) Cho-Hui firebase.
10. Where do the people search for usable items?
(a) Refuse pails.
(c) Soldiers' tents.
(d) Surrounding fields.
11. The next morning ___ civilians are ordered to surrender.
12. How many American soldiers are injured during this particular confrontation?
13. How many Vietcong were shot and killed by soldiers in the helicopter?
14. Despite the rugged terrain, the officers manage to _____ the injured men.
15. Which of the soldiers becomes isolated from the rest of the platoon?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who returns to help with the mission?
2. Back at the camp Sells orders Downs to hike _____ kilometers south of the bridge.
3. Downs sees a large trailer that belongs to which person?
4. What is the name of the commander that replaced Schaldenbrand?
5. How is Downs spared from being caught and killed?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)