|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What items are taken when the soldiers search the huts?
2. The bridge previously guarded by the men is located on which highway?
(a) Highway 9.
(b) Highway 1.
(c) Highway 3.
(d) Highway 6.
3. Because Downs managed to capture _____ in the jungle he is given time off from the war.
(b) A village.
(d) A suicide bomber.
4. The platoon decides to stop by two _____.
(a) Tree stumps.
(b) Wrecked Jeeps.
(d) Rice paddies.
5. The troops are flown farther north near what large body of water?
(a) Gulf of Tonkin.
(b) Mekong River.
(c) Red River Delta.
(d) South China Sea.
6. The men fire upon a dark figure that turns out to be an old woman. Where is the woman shot?
7. How many Vietcong were shot and killed by soldiers in the helicopter?
8. How many of the civilians get away?
9. How many American soldiers are injured during this particular confrontation?
10. Downs decides to take the time off to fly to which location?
(a) Duc Pho.
(b) Hai Phong.
(d) Ha Nam.
11. One of the injuries consists of which of the following:
(a) Stomach wound.
(b) Lost arm.
(c) Shoulder wound.
(d) Lost leg.
12. What word is best used to describe the Army people encountered by Downs at the mess hall?
13. What does Downs do to pass the time?
(b) Watches TV.
(d) Plays with the local children.
14. Downs accidentally steps on what type of a trap?
15. Which officer commands a platoon along with Downs?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which group is quickly executed?
2. Downs wants to leave the area but is ordered to stay by _______.
3. How many men are in the platoon at this time?
4. One of the civilians is a teenager who is shot in the ____.
5. The patrol is sent out not to fight but to locate:
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)