|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the rank of the officer Downs refers to as being "nasty?"
2. How many days go by before Downs is sent to the next location?
3. What is the name of the next location?
(c) Duc Pho.
(d) Ho Chi Minh.
4. What is the definition of "dink?"
(a) Hairy creature.
(b) Wretched farmer.
(c) Foul pig.
(d) Unclean man.
5. People attempting to cross the bridge are stopped by a _____.
(a) Road block.
(b) Crossing herd of cows.
(d) Car accident.
6. What is the name of the Choi-Hoi in this part of the story?
(a) Sun Yi.
(b) Win Gou.
7. What is the name of the radio officer?
8. How many helicopters does it take to transport the soldiers?
9. Soldiers fight constantly to gain control of which of the following?
(a) Village center.
(d) Communications tower.
10. How old is the NVA soldier confronted by the group?
11. Where is the headquarters for this particular base?
(b) Duc Pho.
12. The animal had been accidentally setting off ____ which could have been very dangerous to the soldiers.
(c) Land mines.
(d) Trip wires.
13. Which of the following is one of the commanders at the company?
(a) Beta 4.
(b) Delta Nine.
(c) Alpha 3.
(d) Dragon Six.
14. Downs is concerned by the presence of which of the following?
(a) Lack of bathroom facilities.
(b) Land mines.
(c) Excessive weaponry.
(d) Commanding officers.
15. Approximately how many men are taken to the new base?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does the story begin?
2. The soldiers are often greeted by which of the following?
3. What is another name used for the Army of South Vietnam?
4. What is the name of the acting commander at the camp?
5. Which government office is held by one of the Vietnamese civilians?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)