|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What brand of motorcycles are used by the South Vietnamese police?
2. The animal had been accidentally setting off ____ which could have been very dangerous to the soldiers.
(b) Land mines.
(d) Trip wires.
3. What creature plagues Downs throughout the operation?
(d) Black flies.
4. It becomes clear that the infantry does not see eye to eye with the ______ operators.
5. What is the surname of the main character?
6. Which emotion best describes the attitude of the patrol despite their recent successes?
7. The unit is divided into how many parts?
8. What is the man's military rank?
9. The platoon finds ___ Vietcong have been blown up along the roadside.
10. How many men are sent out in the first patrol?
11. Approximately how many men are taken to the new base?
12. Because the enemy knows the standard operation plan of the American troops, they often execute which technique to fight off the soldiers?
(b) Soldiers dressed as villagers.
(c) Night attack.
(d) They lie in wait.
13. How many men are discovered during the first patrol?
14. What is the name of the radio officer?
15. Which of the following is to be guarded by the company?
(b) Captured civilians.
(c) Rice paddy.
Short Answer Questions
1. People attempting to cross the bridge are stopped by a _____.
2. Which man stops to give advice to Downs about the condition of the jungle?
3. What type of plane is used to transport the new soldier?
4. During the patrol how many Vietcong are confronted in the region?
5. Which adjective best describes the firepower of the Americans?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)