|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which adjective best describes the firepower of the Americans?
2. Which of the following is not typically used to fight in this particular instance?
(a) Aircraft bombers.
(b) Foot soldiers.
(c) Helicopter gunships.
(d) Infantry on horseback.
3. How old is the NVA soldier confronted by the group?
4. Which of the following is not removed from the helicopter?
(a) Wooden crates.
(c) Boxes of rations.
5. What is the code number used to identify Downs?
6. Which one of the soldiers has to be reprimanded for unprofessional behavior?
7. Which is not among the people centered in the camp to respond to enemy attacks?
8. Which of the following is one of the commanders at the company?
(a) Delta Nine.
(b) Beta 4.
(c) Alpha 3.
(d) Dragon Six.
9. The platoon finds ___ Vietcong have been blown up along the roadside.
10. What is the company's motto?
(a) "Never say die!"
(b) "Onward and upward!"
(c) "It's a lick!"
(d) "Never let them see you sweat."
11. Downs is now a part of the Delta Company and which other battalion?
(a) The Fire Dragons.
(b) The Silent Dragons.
(c) The Silver Dragons.
(d) The Golden Dragons.
12. What is the nickname used for the local residents?
13. Which man stops to give advice to Downs about the condition of the jungle?
14. In what year does the story begin?
15. Which of the following gets stuck in a rice paddy?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days go by before Downs is sent to the next location?
2. The character is scheduled to fly into which country?
3. What is the name of the acting commander at the camp?
4. How many hits are made by Downs?
5. What is the rank of the officer Downs refers to as being "nasty?"
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)