|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the definition of "dink?"
(a) Unclean man.
(b) Hairy creature.
(c) Foul pig.
(d) Wretched farmer.
2. What is another name used for the Army of South Vietnam?
3. Which man stops to give advice to Downs about the condition of the jungle?
4. How many days go by before Downs is sent to the next location?
5. The animal had been accidentally setting off ____ which could have been very dangerous to the soldiers.
(a) Trip wires.
(b) Land mines.
6. What is a Choi-Hoi?
7. What is the man's temporary rank?
8. What is the name of the radio officer?
9. What creature plagues Downs throughout the operation?
(b) Black flies.
10. Which of the following is not typically used to fight in this particular instance?
(a) Infantry on horseback.
(b) Helicopter gunships.
(c) Aircraft bombers.
(d) Foot soldiers.
11. Soldiers fight constantly to gain control of which of the following?
(c) Communications tower.
(d) Village center.
12. The soldiers are often greeted by which of the following?
13. An old woman searches the camp and finds which of the following?
14. Men must do extra work to create which of the following:
(a) Command post.
(b) Medical facility.
(c) Mess hall.
(d) Water supply system.
15. Which of the following is to be guarded by the company?
(b) Rice paddy.
(d) Captured civilians.
Short Answer Questions
1. It becomes clear that the infantry does not see eye to eye with the ______ operators.
2. What is the company's motto?
3. Because the enemy knows the standard operation plan of the American troops, they often execute which technique to fight off the soldiers?
4. Which word best describes the area in which Downs is stationed?
5. The soldiers must also erect which of the following:
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)