|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the enemy of American forces?
(b) Korean soldiers.
2. The character is scheduled to fly into which country?
3. In what year does the story begin?
4. How many men are sent out in the first patrol?
5. What is the name of the base camp?
(a) Montezuma Mountain.
(b) Camp 64.
(c) Firebase 3.
(d) Hamburger Hill.
6. The men find which type of land mine in the area?
(c) Bouncing Better.
7. What is another name used for the Army of South Vietnam?
8. People attempting to cross the bridge are stopped by a _____.
(a) Crossing herd of cows.
(b) Car accident.
(c) Road block.
9. Which of the following is not removed from the helicopter?
(a) Boxes of rations.
(d) Wooden crates.
10. What types of patrols are sent out by Downs?
(d) Well organized.
11. The base for the division is based in which town/city?
(a) Ho Chi Minh.
(b) Duc Pho.
12. By chance the soldiers learn that there are numerous _____ in the area.
(a) Booby traps.
(c) Japanese forces.
(d) Dairy farms.
13. Because the enemy knows the standard operation plan of the American troops, they often execute which technique to fight off the soldiers?
(a) Night attack.
(b) Soldiers dressed as villagers.
(c) They lie in wait.
14. How do the soldiers get from the helicopters to the ground?
(a) Air lifts.
(c) Step down.
15. Which of the following is not typically used to fight in this particular instance?
(a) Foot soldiers.
(b) Helicopter gunships.
(c) Infantry on horseback.
(d) Aircraft bombers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following gets stuck in a rice paddy?
2. What is the rank of the officer Downs refers to as being "nasty?"
3. Which word best describes the area in which Downs is stationed?
4. How many helicopters does it take to transport the soldiers?
5. It becomes clear that the infantry does not see eye to eye with the ______ operators.
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)