|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is not among the people centered in the camp to respond to enemy attacks?
2. Downs shoots what type of animal?
3. Which word means to avoid duty by feigning illness or injury?
4. Which man stops to give advice to Downs about the condition of the jungle?
5. On what day is the first Vietcong soldier killed by a soldier?
(a) December 1.
(b) October 31.
(c) November 8.
(d) November 15.
6. By chance the soldiers learn that there are numerous _____ in the area.
(a) Booby traps.
(b) Japanese forces.
(d) Dairy farms.
7. How many days go by before Downs is sent to the next location?
8. What is the company's motto?
(a) "Onward and upward!"
(b) "Never let them see you sweat."
(c) "It's a lick!"
(d) "Never say die!"
9. Which of the following is not removed from the helicopter?
(b) Boxes of rations.
(c) Wooden crates.
10. The animal had been accidentally setting off ____ which could have been very dangerous to the soldiers.
(c) Trip wires.
(d) Land mines.
11. The character belongs to which branch of the military?
(c) Air Force.
12. The first base was set up in what type of area?
13. How many Americans are there at the time?
14. What is the name of the base camp?
(a) Montezuma Mountain.
(b) Hamburger Hill.
(c) Camp 64.
(d) Firebase 3.
15. What is the name of the Choi-Hoi in this part of the story?
(a) Sun Yi.
(d) Win Gou.
Short Answer Questions
1. An American is wounded in which area of his body?
2. How many men are sent out in the first patrol?
3. What is referred to using the acronym OCS?
4. Which of the following is not typically used to fight in this particular instance?
5. What is the rank of the officer Downs refers to as being "nasty?"
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)