|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From who does a werewolf need to get permission from before they can enter a new territory?
2. Who knocks on the door where Anita, Jean-Claude, and Richard are talking in Chapter 34?
3. Who was Serephina's mortal servant?
4. What is Jean-Claude referring to when he says, "It is a dance I do not wish to begin"?
5. What two new items are in Jean-Claude's bathroom in Chapter 22?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Circus of the Damned?
2. Why does Edward call Anita in Chapter 20? Where does he tell Anita to go?
3. What does Anita feel as she points her gun at Jason at the end of Chapter 27?
4. What does Anita mean when she tells Richard, "Stop leaking all over me"?
5. Where is Anita in the beginning of Chapter 42? How did she get there?
6. Describe the outfit Jean-Claude has Anita put on in Chapter 35.
7. What promise does Richard ask Anita to keep in Chapter 37?
8. Who does Anita eventually have sexual relations with? Does this surprise you? Explain.
9. Explain what has happened to Anita in the beginning of Chapter 33.
10. What does Anita discover inside the small hallway Jean-Claude instructs Anita to look down?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the literary techniques the author uses to describe to develop the plot of The Killing Dance.
Essay Topic 2
In an essay, explain how author Laurell K. Hamilton establishes Anita and Jean-Claude's relationship throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 3
In an essay, identify the point of view used in The Killing Dance and the effectiveness of this point of view to the overall novel.
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)