|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Anita states uncontrolled power is ________.
2. Why does Richard pick Anita up and move her away from the bedroom door in Chapter 26?
3. Who is coming to stay the night with Anita at Jean-Claude's home?
4. All of the following people can bond together to form a triumvirate, except for who?
5. Who is Judith?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Jean-Claude's new bathroom. What is Anita's reaction to it?
2. What promise does Richard ask Anita to keep in Chapter 37?
3. Explain how Richard mends Jason's wounds. Whose blood does Jason need to drink and why?
4. What does Anita feel as she points her gun at Jason at the end of Chapter 27?
5. Why are all the coffins in the coffin room under the Circus of the Damned identical?
6. Why is Anita at the hospital in Chapter 20?
7. When was the last time Anita was in the coffin room under the Circus of the Damned?
8. Who does Anita eventually have sexual relations with? Does this surprise you? Explain.
9. What is Dominic's response to Anita asking if he can help her put the vampires back the way they were? Why does Anita have a problem with his answer?
10. Describe Raina's outfit in Chapter 36.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Select a character from The Killing Dance who can be considered a villain. In a well-organized essay, analyze the nature of the character's villainy and show how it enhances meaning in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and analyze the use of foreshadowing in a particular chapter. Explain the effectiveness of this foreshadowing for the events to come in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Select a symbol found in The Killing Dance, and analyze how that symbol functions in the novel and what it reveals about the characters or themes of the work as a whole.
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)