|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. All of the following people are in Raina's barn in Chapter 42, except for who?
2. ________ is one of the most important aspects of magic.
3. Where does Richard shapeshift in Chapter 38?
4. Who throws Jason into the wall at the Circus of the Damned?
5. From who does a werewolf need to get permission from before they can enter a new territory?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are all the coffins in the coffin room under the Circus of the Damned identical?
2. When was the last time Anita was in the coffin room under the Circus of the Damned?
3. Who does Anita eventually have sexual relations with? Does this surprise you? Explain.
4. What does Cassandra do in Chapter 41 that impresses Anita?
5. Explain what has happened to Anita in the beginning of Chapter 33.
6. Describe Richard's plan to overthrow Marcus.
7. What is the Circus of the Damned?
8. What is Anita's response to Jean-Claude asking "Did you raise all of Nikolaos's old cemetery"?
9. Does Anita think she is beautiful? Explain.
10. Describe Raina's outfit in Chapter 36.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the title The Killing Dance. How does the author develop the significance of the title?
Essay Topic 2
Choose a character in the novel who is morally ambiguous and plays a pivotal role in The Killing Dance. Explain how the character can be viewed as morally ambiguous and why his or her moral ambiguity is significant to the work as a whole.
Essay Topic 3
In an essay, distinguish Richard from Marcus. How are they similar? What are their major differences?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)