|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is coming to stay the night with Anita at Jean-Claude's home?
2. Who comes to the foot of the bed where Anita is tied up too?
3. In the fight between Richard and Marcus, what is considered cheating?
4. Where does Jean-Claude go after having intimate relations with Anita?
5. Who says, "You rob me of my hard-won control. Only you can do that to me, only you"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the zombies Anita raises are in less than perfect form?
2. In what form will Richard and Marcus fight?
3. What promise does Richard ask Anita to keep in Chapter 37?
4. For what does Edward need Jean-Claude's permission in the beginning of Chapter 34?
5. What does Anita discover inside the small hallway Jean-Claude instructs Anita to look down?
6. Describe the ritual Anita, Jean-Claude, and Richard perform together. What is the outcome of this ritual?
7. Where is Anita in the beginning of Chapter 42? How did she get there?
8. What does Cassandra do in Chapter 41 that impresses Anita?
9. What does Anita say is the reason why the triad of power is not going to work at the beginning of Chapter 41?
10. Who does Anita eventually have sexual relations with? Does this surprise you? Explain.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In an essay, analyze the main conflict of the novel and discuss the moral and ethical implications for at least three characters in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Select a character from The Killing Dance who can be considered a villain. In a well-organized essay, analyze the nature of the character's villainy and show how it enhances meaning in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the relevance of the setting to the mood, the tone, and the overall meaning of the novel.
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)