|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Jean-Claude, Anita can raise ________ like any other zombie.
2. Why does Richard pick Anita up and move her away from the bedroom door in Chapter 26?
3. All of the following people can bond together to form a triumvirate, except for who?
4. What does Willie have hanging inside his coffin?
5. Who meets Anita back at the Circus of the Damned after the fight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What promise does Richard ask Anita to keep in Chapter 37?
2. What does Cassandra do in Chapter 41 that impresses Anita?
3. Describe the outfit Jean-Claude has Anita put on in Chapter 35.
4. Does Anita think she is beautiful? Explain.
5. Describe Jean-Claude's new bathroom. What is Anita's reaction to it?
6. Why is Anita at the hospital in Chapter 20?
7. For what does Edward need Jean-Claude's permission in the beginning of Chapter 34?
8. What does Anita discover inside the small hallway Jean-Claude instructs Anita to look down?
9. Who does Anita eventually have sexual relations with? Does this surprise you? Explain.
10. Explain how Richard mends Jason's wounds. Whose blood does Jason need to drink and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the relevance of the setting to the mood, the tone, and the overall meaning of the novel.
Essay Topic 2
In an essay, explain how author Laurell K. Hamilton establishes Anita and Jean-Claude's relationship throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Select a symbol found in The Killing Dance, and analyze how that symbol functions in the novel and what it reveals about the characters or themes of the work as a whole.
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)