|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "I like you, Anita. I like you a lot. I wish I didn't"?
2. What does Cassandra do to Anita at the end of Chapter 41?
3. Who does Anita want to call to tell them about the most recent murder?
4. To whom does Anita say it is a shame that they had to put clothes back on?
5. Who says, "They're all mine. When night falls, they will be yours again, but their empty shells are mine."?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Raina's outfit in Chapter 36.
2. What is the Circus of the Damned?
3. What is Dominic's response to Anita asking if he can help her put the vampires back the way they were? Why does Anita have a problem with his answer?
4. Who does Anita eventually have sexual relations with? Does this surprise you? Explain.
5. Describe Richard's plan to overthrow Marcus.
6. Why is Anita at the hospital in Chapter 20?
7. What is Anita's response to Jean-Claude asking "Did you raise all of Nikolaos's old cemetery"?
8. Describe Jean-Claude's new bathroom. What is Anita's reaction to it?
9. What does Anita mean when she tells Richard, "Stop leaking all over me"?
10. Describe the ritual Anita, Jean-Claude, and Richard perform together. What is the outcome of this ritual?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the relevance of the setting to the mood, the tone, and the overall meaning of the novel.
Essay Topic 2
In The Killing Dance, identify a character who is alienated from society and show how that character's alienation reveals the surrounding society's assumptions or moral values.
Essay Topic 3
In an essay, distinguish Richard from Marcus. How are they similar? What are their major differences?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)