|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who claims to have tried to read Anita's aura?
2. Anita states uncontrolled power is ________.
3. Raina reveals that ________ was a plant from the very beginning.
4. Who was Serephina's mortal servant?
5. What changed in Jean-Claude's bedroom from the last time Anita was in there?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dominic's response to Anita asking if he can help her put the vampires back the way they were? Why does Anita have a problem with his answer?
2. Explain what has happened to Anita in the beginning of Chapter 33.
3. Describe Jean-Claude's new bathroom. What is Anita's reaction to it?
4. Why are all the coffins in the coffin room under the Circus of the Damned identical?
5. Describe Richard's plan to overthrow Marcus.
6. When was the last time Anita was in the coffin room under the Circus of the Damned?
7. In what form will Richard and Marcus fight?
8. What promise does Richard ask Anita to keep in Chapter 37?
9. What does Anita feel as she points her gun at Jason at the end of Chapter 27?
10. Why are the zombies Anita raises are in less than perfect form?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose a character from The Killing Dance whose mind is being pulled in conflicting directions by two compelling desires, ambitions, obligations, or influences. Identify each of the two conflicting forces and explain how this conflict with one character illuminates the meaning of the work as a whole.
Essay Topic 2
Identify and analyze the genre of The Killing Dance. Use specific examples from the text that exemplify the genre.
Essay Topic 3
In The Killing Dance, identify a character who is alienated from society and show how that character's alienation reveals the surrounding society's assumptions or moral values.
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)