|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What form of being is Detective Reynolds?
2. Who was Serephina's mortal servant?
3. According to Anita, necromancy works only when you start with ________.
4. Who meets Anita back at the Circus of the Damned after the fight?
5. Whose head does Anita shoot during the fight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What promise does Richard ask Anita to keep in Chapter 37?
2. What is the Circus of the Damned?
3. What does Anita discover inside the small hallway Jean-Claude instructs Anita to look down?
4. Why are the zombies Anita raises are in less than perfect form?
5. Describe the ritual Anita, Jean-Claude, and Richard perform together. What is the outcome of this ritual?
6. Why does Edward call Anita in Chapter 20? Where does he tell Anita to go?
7. What does Anita feel as she points her gun at Jason at the end of Chapter 27?
8. Who does Anita eventually have sexual relations with? Does this surprise you? Explain.
9. Why are all the coffins in the coffin room under the Circus of the Damned identical?
10. Why is Anita at the hospital in Chapter 20?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In a detailed essay, discuss the theme of man versus self that is established in the novel The Killing Dance.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the relevance of the setting to the mood, the tone, and the overall meaning of the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze the nature of a betrayal found within The Killing Dance. Show how this betrayal contributes to the meaning of the work as a whole.
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)