|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. All of the following people are in Raina's barn in Chapter 42, except for who?
2. Who knocks on the door where Anita, Jean-Claude, and Richard are talking in Chapter 34?
3. According to Jean-Claude, Anita can raise ________ like any other zombie.
4. Who is standing over Anita when she wakes in Chapter 24?
5. What form of being is Detective Reynolds?
Essay Topic 1
Select a symbol found in The Killing Dance, and analyze how that symbol functions in the novel and what it reveals about the characters or themes of the work as a whole.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay in which you discuss how a character in The Killing Dance seeks to gain power over others. Be sure to demonstrate how the author uses this power struggle to enhance the meaning of the novel.
Essay Topic 3
In an essay, explain the meaning and function of a foil character. Based on your definition, choose a character from The Killing Dance that would be considered a foil character and explain how this character is a foil.
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)