|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Harley?
2. Who gets to choose the form that Marcus and Richard will fight in?
3. The lukoi call sex ________.
4. Who does Jean-Claude bite at the end of Chapter 25?
5. According to Anita, what would Richard and Marcus use to kill each other?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Richard mends Jason's wounds. Whose blood does Jason need to drink and why?
2. What promise does Richard ask Anita to keep in Chapter 37?
3. Describe the outfit Jean-Claude has Anita put on in Chapter 35.
4. Why is Anita crying in Chapter 38?
5. In what form will Richard and Marcus fight?
6. Why are all the coffins in the coffin room under the Circus of the Damned identical?
7. Why is Anita at the hospital in Chapter 20?
8. Explain what has happened to Anita in the beginning of Chapter 33.
9. Describe Jean-Claude's new bathroom. What is Anita's reaction to it?
10. What is the Circus of the Damned?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In an essay, distinguish Richard from Marcus. How are they similar? What are their major differences?
Essay Topic 2
In an essay, explain how author Laurell K. Hamilton establishes Anita and Jean-Claude's relationship throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Explore the issue of vampirism, and explain how it contributes to the understanding of the novel as a whole.
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)