|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What organ does Richard pull out of Marcus?
2. How did Magnus die?
3. What is the lupanar?
4. According to Anita, necromancy works only when you start with ________.
5. How long does it take for police to take Anita's statement about Anabelle's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Circus of the Damned?
2. According to Anita, why would a hate group such as HAV kill Robert?
3. What does Anita mean when she tells Richard, "Stop leaking all over me"?
4. Describe the ritual Anita, Jean-Claude, and Richard perform together. What is the outcome of this ritual?
5. What does Anita feel as she points her gun at Jason at the end of Chapter 27?
6. What is Dominic's response to Anita asking if he can help her put the vampires back the way they were? Why does Anita have a problem with his answer?
7. Explain what has happened to Anita in the beginning of Chapter 33.
8. Why is Anita at the hospital in Chapter 20?
9. Why does Edward call Anita in Chapter 20? Where does he tell Anita to go?
10. Why is Anita crying in Chapter 38?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In an essay, distinguish Richard from Marcus. How are they similar? What are their major differences?
Essay Topic 2
Explore the issue of vampirism, and explain how it contributes to the understanding of the novel as a whole.
Essay Topic 3
Identify and analyze the genre of The Killing Dance. Use specific examples from the text that exemplify the genre.
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)