|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Dominic, when can one raise zombies?
2. When Richard asks Anita if she had intimate relations with Jean-Claude, what does she say?
3. All of the following came up with a spell in Chapter 32, except for who?
4. How does Richard mend Jason's wounds?
5. Who helps Anita get dressed in Chapter 35?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Anita crying in Chapter 38?
2. What does Cassandra do in Chapter 41 that impresses Anita?
3. Explain what has happened to Anita in the beginning of Chapter 33.
4. Why is Anita at the hospital in Chapter 20?
5. What does Anita say is the reason why the triad of power is not going to work at the beginning of Chapter 41?
6. What does Anita mean when she tells Richard, "Stop leaking all over me"?
7. For what does Edward need Jean-Claude's permission in the beginning of Chapter 34?
8. In what form will Richard and Marcus fight?
9. Describe the ritual Anita, Jean-Claude, and Richard perform together. What is the outcome of this ritual?
10. What is the Circus of the Damned?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and analyze the nature of a betrayal found within The Killing Dance. Show how this betrayal contributes to the meaning of the work as a whole.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the title The Killing Dance. How does the author develop the significance of the title?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the literary techniques the author uses to describe to develop the plot of The Killing Dance.
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)