|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Anita, what would Richard and Marcus use to kill each other?
2. For what reason does Cassandra say she is helping Raina?
3. What does Cassandra do to Anita at the end of Chapter 41?
4. How does Richard mend Jason's wounds?
5. Who states, "I'm your bodyguard. If you die under my protection, the other bodyguards will make fun of me"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the outfit Jean-Claude has Anita put on in Chapter 35.
2. What is Anita's response to Jean-Claude asking "Did you raise all of Nikolaos's old cemetery"?
3. What does Anita say is the reason why the triad of power is not going to work at the beginning of Chapter 41?
4. What does Anita mean when she tells Richard, "Stop leaking all over me"?
5. Describe Richard's plan to overthrow Marcus.
6. Describe Jean-Claude's new bathroom. What is Anita's reaction to it?
7. Why are all the coffins in the coffin room under the Circus of the Damned identical?
8. Where is Anita in the beginning of Chapter 42? How did she get there?
9. In what form will Richard and Marcus fight?
10. What is Dominic's response to Anita asking if he can help her put the vampires back the way they were? Why does Anita have a problem with his answer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify and analyze the genre of The Killing Dance. Use specific examples from the text that exemplify the genre.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the relevance of the setting to the mood, the tone, and the overall meaning of the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Select a character from The Killing Dance who can be considered a villain. In a well-organized essay, analyze the nature of the character's villainy and show how it enhances meaning in the novel.
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)