|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the tall, muscular, with hair shaved on either side, the back left in a long ponytail?
2. What changed in Jean-Claude's bedroom from the last time Anita was in there?
3. All of the following people are in Raina's barn in Chapter 42, except for who?
4. What type of scar is on Jean-Claude's back?
5. Who says, "There are moments when honor is all that is left"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Circus of the Damned?
2. What does Anita discover inside the small hallway Jean-Claude instructs Anita to look down?
3. Describe Richard's plan to overthrow Marcus.
4. Explain how Richard mends Jason's wounds. Whose blood does Jason need to drink and why?
5. Does Anita think she is beautiful? Explain.
6. Where is Anita in the beginning of Chapter 42? How did she get there?
7. Who does Anita eventually have sexual relations with? Does this surprise you? Explain.
8. Why does Edward call Anita in Chapter 20? Where does he tell Anita to go?
9. When was the last time Anita was in the coffin room under the Circus of the Damned?
10. Describe the outfit Jean-Claude has Anita put on in Chapter 35.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the title The Killing Dance. How does the author develop the significance of the title?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and analyze the use of foreshadowing in a particular chapter. Explain the effectiveness of this foreshadowing for the events to come in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
In an essay, analyze the main conflict of the novel and discuss the moral and ethical implications for at least three characters in the novel.
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)