|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Richard's lupa?
2. Who does Anita tell Cassandra is to blame for Jean-Claude's bedroom being destroyed?
3. Who is Harley?
4. According to Anita in Chapter 40, ________ is a much harder beast to kill.
5. Who says, "You rob me of my hard-won control. Only you can do that to me, only you"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Anita crying in Chapter 38?
2. According to Anita, why would a hate group such as HAV kill Robert?
3. Does Anita think she is beautiful? Explain.
4. What does Anita feel as she points her gun at Jason at the end of Chapter 27?
5. Explain what has happened to Anita in the beginning of Chapter 33.
6. Explain how Richard mends Jason's wounds. Whose blood does Jason need to drink and why?
7. What is Dominic's response to Anita asking if he can help her put the vampires back the way they were? Why does Anita have a problem with his answer?
8. Describe the outfit Jean-Claude has Anita put on in Chapter 35.
9. What does Anita discover inside the small hallway Jean-Claude instructs Anita to look down?
10. Where is Anita in the beginning of Chapter 42? How did she get there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Select a character from The Killing Dance who can be considered a villain. In a well-organized essay, analyze the nature of the character's villainy and show how it enhances meaning in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Explore the issue of vampirism, and explain how it contributes to the understanding of the novel as a whole.
Essay Topic 3
In an essay, distinguish Richard from Marcus. How are they similar? What are their major differences?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)