|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Richard's lupa?
2. According to Jean-Claude in Chapter 24, "________ and ________ were what drew the power the first time."
3. When Richard asks Anita if she had intimate relations with Jean-Claude, what does she say?
4. Who is Harley?
5. Raina reveals that ________ was a plant from the very beginning.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dominic's response to Anita asking if he can help her put the vampires back the way they were? Why does Anita have a problem with his answer?
2. Who does Anita eventually have sexual relations with? Does this surprise you? Explain.
3. Why is Anita crying in Chapter 38?
4. What is Anita's response to Jean-Claude asking "Did you raise all of Nikolaos's old cemetery"?
5. Where is Anita in the beginning of Chapter 42? How did she get there?
6. What promise does Richard ask Anita to keep in Chapter 37?
7. Describe the outfit Jean-Claude has Anita put on in Chapter 35.
8. What does Anita discover inside the small hallway Jean-Claude instructs Anita to look down?
9. Why is Anita at the hospital in Chapter 20?
10. Explain how Richard mends Jason's wounds. Whose blood does Jason need to drink and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Select a character from The Killing Dance who can be considered a villain. In a well-organized essay, analyze the nature of the character's villainy and show how it enhances meaning in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast at least three different supernatural beings found within The Killing Dance.
Essay Topic 3
In an essay, identify the point of view used in The Killing Dance and the effectiveness of this point of view to the overall novel.
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)