|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks, "If Anita didn't believe she could raise the dead during daylight hours, then how did she do it?"
2. What two new items are in Jean-Claude's bathroom in Chapter 22?
3. All of the following people are in Raina's barn in Chapter 42, except for who?
4. Who says, "It's not pure master and servant. I know that from Alejandro. He couldn't control me, but I couldn't control him, either"?
5. According to Anita, necromancy works only when you start with ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the zombies Anita raises are in less than perfect form?
2. What is the Circus of the Damned?
3. Why is Anita at the hospital in Chapter 20?
4. What is Anita's response to Jean-Claude asking "Did you raise all of Nikolaos's old cemetery"?
5. For what does Edward need Jean-Claude's permission in the beginning of Chapter 34?
6. Why does Edward call Anita in Chapter 20? Where does he tell Anita to go?
7. What does Anita discover inside the small hallway Jean-Claude instructs Anita to look down?
8. What promise does Richard ask Anita to keep in Chapter 37?
9. Who does Anita eventually have sexual relations with? Does this surprise you? Explain.
10. What does Cassandra do in Chapter 41 that impresses Anita?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and analyze the nature of a betrayal found within The Killing Dance. Show how this betrayal contributes to the meaning of the work as a whole.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the literary techniques the author uses to describe to develop the plot of The Killing Dance.
Essay Topic 3
In an essay, explain how author Laurell K. Hamilton establishes Anita and Jean-Claude's relationship throughout the novel.
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)