|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Anita tell Cassandra is to blame for Jean-Claude's bedroom being destroyed?
2. How did Magnus die?
3. Where does Richard shapeshift in Chapter 38?
4. All of the following came up with a spell in Chapter 32, except for who?
5. According to Anita in Chapter 40, ________ is a much harder beast to kill.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cassandra do in Chapter 41 that impresses Anita?
2. Where is Anita in the beginning of Chapter 42? How did she get there?
3. Why are the zombies Anita raises are in less than perfect form?
4. Describe the outfit Jean-Claude has Anita put on in Chapter 35.
5. Why does Edward call Anita in Chapter 20? Where does he tell Anita to go?
6. Describe the ritual Anita, Jean-Claude, and Richard perform together. What is the outcome of this ritual?
7. Does Anita think she is beautiful? Explain.
8. Who does Anita eventually have sexual relations with? Does this surprise you? Explain.
9. Why is Anita crying in Chapter 38?
10. What is Anita's response to Jean-Claude asking "Did you raise all of Nikolaos's old cemetery"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In an essay, distinguish Richard from Marcus. How are they similar? What are their major differences?
Essay Topic 2
In an essay, explain how author Laurell K. Hamilton establishes Anita and Jean-Claude's relationship throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Select a character from The Killing Dance who can be considered a villain. In a well-organized essay, analyze the nature of the character's villainy and show how it enhances meaning in the novel.
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)