|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Anita describes Jean-Claude's body like it was carved ________, every muscle, every curve of his body pale and perfect.
2. Who is Jean-Claude referring to when he says, "He was mine. Mine to punish, mine to reward, mine to protect. I have failed him."?
3. Who meets Edward and Anita at the Circus of the Damned?
4. According to Anita in Chapter 40, ________ is a much harder beast to kill.
5. Who says, "It's not pure master and servant. I know that from Alejandro. He couldn't control me, but I couldn't control him, either"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Richard's plan to overthrow Marcus.
2. Describe the outfit Jean-Claude has Anita put on in Chapter 35.
3. Describe Jean-Claude's new bathroom. What is Anita's reaction to it?
4. What does Anita discover inside the small hallway Jean-Claude instructs Anita to look down?
5. What promise does Richard ask Anita to keep in Chapter 37?
6. Why are the zombies Anita raises are in less than perfect form?
7. What does Cassandra do in Chapter 41 that impresses Anita?
8. Who does Anita eventually have sexual relations with? Does this surprise you? Explain.
9. What does Anita say is the reason why the triad of power is not going to work at the beginning of Chapter 41?
10. What is Dominic's response to Anita asking if he can help her put the vampires back the way they were? Why does Anita have a problem with his answer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose a character from The Killing Dance whose mind is being pulled in conflicting directions by two compelling desires, ambitions, obligations, or influences. Identify each of the two conflicting forces and explain how this conflict with one character illuminates the meaning of the work as a whole.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast at least three different supernatural beings found within The Killing Dance.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay in which you discuss how a character in The Killing Dance seeks to gain power over others. Be sure to demonstrate how the author uses this power struggle to enhance the meaning of the novel.
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)