|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Anita to marry her in Chapter 3?
2. What nickname does Anita have for Richard?
3. How old is Liv?
4. What is Edward searching Jean-Claude's limo for?
5. Who is Jean-Claude's human servant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jason do for Jean-Claude nightly?
2. Why won't Marcus kill Richard for rescuing Stephen?
3. Why does Anita not want the media to know she is dating Jean-Claude?
4. How does one become wolf king? What is another word for wolf king?
5. Why does Stephen wake Anita up in Chapter 9?
6. Why is Richard mad at Anita in the beginning of Chapter 5?
7. Describe the interview room Anita is in in Chapter 4.
8. Why is Dolph taking Anita to Creve Coeur?
9. Does Anita tell Dolph the truth about her contract on her life? Explain.
10. Why does Anita have Stephen stay in her room instead of moving into Richard's room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose a character from The Killing Dance whose mind is being pulled in conflicting directions by two compelling desires, ambitions, obligations, or influences. Identify each of the two conflicting forces and explain how this conflict with one character illuminates the meaning of the work as a whole.
Essay Topic 2
Select a symbol found in The Killing Dance, and analyze how that symbol functions in the novel and what it reveals about the characters or themes of the work as a whole.
Essay Topic 3
In The Killing Dance, identify a character who is alienated from society and show how that character's alienation reveals the surrounding society's assumptions or moral values.
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)