|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What form of being is Richard Zeeman?
2. What is the name of the new vampire Anita meets in chapter 15?
3. Who is posing as Anita's lawyer?
4. Who says, "I don't know if I could kill a human being"?
5. Who had been one of the first vampires to ever cross Anita's line from monster to friend?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did Christine first meet Anita?
2. Does Anita tell Dolph the truth about her contract on her life? Explain.
3. When was the last time Anita saw Monica Vespucci?
4. How does Anita know there was someone in her apartment in Chapter 3?
5. How did Jean-Claude come to be Damian's master?
6. Why is Anita dating Jean-Claude?
7. Describe the interview room Anita is in in Chapter 4.
8. What does Jean-Claude mean when he tells Anita that she is about to be "introduced to the world"?
9. Why does Anita ask Liv to leave her alone in Chapter 16?
10. Why is Rafael called to the meeting at Richard's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay in which you discuss how a character in The Killing Dance seeks to gain power over others. Be sure to demonstrate how the author uses this power struggle to enhance the meaning of the novel.
Essay Topic 2
In an essay, analyze the main conflict of the novel and discuss the moral and ethical implications for at least three characters in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
In The Killing Dance, identify a character who is alienated from society and show how that character's alienation reveals the surrounding society's assumptions or moral values.
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)