Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the murder victim in Chapter 18 pinned down?
2. Marcus will go to war with all the following shapeshifters, except for which?
3. What is a Freki?
4. Who says, "It wasn't that you risked your life, it was that you got rid of me before you did it"?
5. What is the name of the vampire who Anita thinks looks like something out of an old Vincent Price movie?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does one become wolf king? What is another word for wolf king?
2. What does Jean-Claude mean when he tells Anita that she is about to be "introduced to the world"?
3. What does Anita mean when she tells Richard, "Stop leaking all over me"?
4. What does Anita discover inside the small hallway Jean-Claude instructs Anita to look down?
5. What is the Circus of the Damned?
6. Describe Richard's house.
7. What promise does Richard ask Anita to keep in Chapter 37?
8. Explain what has happened to Anita in the beginning of Chapter 33.
9. How did Jean-Claude come to be Damian's master?
10. In what form will Richard and Marcus fight?
Essay Topic 1
Choose a character from The Killing Dance whose mind is being pulled in conflicting directions by two compelling desires, ambitions, obligations, or influences. Identify each of the two conflicting forces and explain how this conflict with one character illuminates the meaning of the work as a whole.
Essay Topic 2
In The Killing Dance, identify a character who is alienated from society and show how that character's alienation reveals the surrounding society's assumptions or moral values.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the relevance of the setting to the mood, the tone, and the overall meaning of the novel.
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)