|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. All of the following werewolves can partially change, except for who?
2. What is Richard's profession?
3. What is on Anita's oversized T-shirt that she wears to bed?
4. Where does Raina film her movies?
5. Who is Anita speaking to when she says,"I owe you a box of doggie treats, furball"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Stephen call and leave a message on Richard's phone?
2. Why is Richard mad at Anita in the beginning of Chapter 5?
3. Does Anita think she is beautiful? Explain.
4. Describe the outfit Jean-Claude has Anita put on in Chapter 35.
5. Why is Anita dating Jean-Claude?
6. Explain how Richard mends Jason's wounds. Whose blood does Jason need to drink and why?
7. Where is Anita in the beginning of Chapter 42? How did she get there?
8. What does Anita discover inside the small hallway Jean-Claude instructs Anita to look down?
9. Why does Richard always stop before killing someone?
10. Describe Raina's outfit in Chapter 36.
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the relevance of the setting to the mood, the tone, and the overall meaning of the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay in which you discuss how a character in The Killing Dance seeks to gain power over others. Be sure to demonstrate how the author uses this power struggle to enhance the meaning of the novel.
Essay Topic 3
In The Killing Dance, identify a character who is alienated from society and show how that character's alienation reveals the surrounding society's assumptions or moral values.
This section contains 1,028 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)