|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. "_______ withdrew his support of Marcus and threw in with Richard."
2. What form of being is Richard Zeeman?
3. Who is Rafael?
4. Richard states that he wouldn't have been killed by the shotgun blast because it wasn't ________.
5. Who does Anita call after arriving at Richard's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Damian doing at Danse Macabre that is illegal?
2. Describe Richard's house.
3. Describe the partial change Richard does for Anita.
4. Why won't Marcus kill Richard for rescuing Stephen?
5. What does Jason do for Jean-Claude nightly?
6. Why is Anita dating Jean-Claude?
7. Why does Stephen call and leave a message on Richard's phone?
8. When did Christine first meet Anita?
9. Compare and contrast Dominic to Sabin.
10. Why is Richard mad at Anita in the beginning of Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In an essay, identify the point of view used in The Killing Dance and the effectiveness of this point of view to the overall novel.
Essay Topic 2
Select a symbol found in The Killing Dance, and analyze how that symbol functions in the novel and what it reveals about the characters or themes of the work as a whole.
Essay Topic 3
Choose a character in the novel who is morally ambiguous and plays a pivotal role in The Killing Dance. Explain how the character can be viewed as morally ambiguous and why his or her moral ambiguity is significant to the work as a whole.
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)