|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Anita to marry her in Chapter 3?
2. Which vampire has been a stripper at Guilty Pleasures, but is now the manager of the club?
3. Whose blood does Anita have on her right hand In Chapter 17?
4. Why does Richard want to wait before becoming intimate with Anita?
5. All of the following vampires are in Anita's office in Chapter 1, except for who?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anita discover inside the small hallway Jean-Claude instructs Anita to look down?
2. Why does Richard always stop before killing someone?
3. Describe Jean-Claude's new bathroom. What is Anita's reaction to it?
4. Why won't Marcus kill Richard for rescuing Stephen?
5. What is Damian doing at Danse Macabre that is illegal?
6. Why does Edward take Anita to the hospital?
7. Why does Anita ask Liv to leave her alone in Chapter 16?
8. Describe Richard's plan to overthrow Marcus.
9. Does Anita think she is beautiful? Explain.
10. Why are the zombies Anita raises are in less than perfect form?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and analyze the nature of a betrayal found within The Killing Dance. Show how this betrayal contributes to the meaning of the work as a whole.
Essay Topic 2
In The Killing Dance, identify a character who is alienated from society and show how that character's alienation reveals the surrounding society's assumptions or moral values.
Essay Topic 3
Choose a character from The Killing Dance whose mind is being pulled in conflicting directions by two compelling desires, ambitions, obligations, or influences. Identify each of the two conflicting forces and explain how this conflict with one character illuminates the meaning of the work as a whole.
This section contains 992 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)