|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What form of being is Richard Zeeman?
2. In what way does Anita compare Sabin to a shark?
3. What "pet name" does Jean-Claude have for Anita?
4. Who is a private detective who works-out with Anita on Saturday mornings?
5. Who does Detective Branswell identify as the man in Anita's apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Anita crying in Chapter 38?
2. Compare and contrast Dominic to Sabin.
3. Where is Anita in the beginning of Chapter 42? How did she get there?
4. What does Anita discover inside the small hallway Jean-Claude instructs Anita to look down?
5. In Chapter 12, when does Edward believe another assassin will try to kill Anita?
6. What is the Circus of the Damned?
7. According to Anita, what are Richard Zeeman's only two faults?
8. Why does Stephen call and leave a message on Richard's phone?
9. Describe Richard's plan to overthrow Marcus.
10. When was the last time Anita saw Monica Vespucci?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Select a character from The Killing Dance who can be considered a villain. In a well-organized essay, analyze the nature of the character's villainy and show how it enhances meaning in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay in which you discuss how a character in The Killing Dance seeks to gain power over others. Be sure to demonstrate how the author uses this power struggle to enhance the meaning of the novel.
Essay Topic 3
In an essay, explain the meaning and function of a foil character. Based on your definition, choose a character from The Killing Dance that would be considered a foil character and explain how this character is a foil.
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)