Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Richard's bedroom?
2. All of the following vampires are in Anita's office in Chapter 1, except for who?
3. The club Anita and Jean-Claude go to is in an old ________.
4. Edward was the epitome of ________ breeding.
5. Who does Anita identify as the murder victim in Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Anita, why would a hate group such as HAV kill Robert?
2. Why is Anita dating Jean-Claude?
3. Why is Dolph taking Anita to Creve Coeur?
4. Compare and contrast Dominic to Sabin.
5. Why does Anita have Stephen stay in her room instead of moving into Richard's room?
6. Why does Edward take Anita to the hospital?
7. Why does Richard always stop before killing someone?
8. Describe the partial change Richard does for Anita.
9. What is Anita's response to Jean-Claude asking "Did you raise all of Nikolaos's old cemetery"?
10. Why does Anita try to re-initiate sexual relations with Gabriel?
In an essay, explain how author Laurell K. Hamilton establishes Anita and Jean-Claude's relationship throughout the novel.
Choose a character from The Killing Dance whose mind is being pulled in conflicting directions by two compelling desires, ambitions, obligations, or influences. Identify each of the two conflicting forces and explain how this conflict with one character illuminates the meaning of the work as a whole.
Select a character from The Killing Dance who can be considered a villain. In a well-organized essay, analyze the nature of the character's villainy and show how it enhances meaning in the novel.
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)