|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Anita states that if a shapeshifter gets killed, it's ________, but if a normal person gets killed, it's ________.
2. All of the following werewolves can partially change, except for who?
3. According to Anita, when a vampire gets around ________ years old, one shot to the chest doesn't always guarantee a kill.
4. Richard tells Anita, "I can ________ your fear and I like it"?
5. What nickname does Anita have for Richard?
Short Essay Questions
1. When was the last time Anita saw Monica Vespucci?
2. Why is Rafael called to the meeting at Richard's house?
3. Describe the interview room Anita is in in Chapter 4.
4. Why does Richard always stop before killing someone?
5. What does Jean-Claude mean when he tells Anita that she is about to be "introduced to the world"?
6. What is Damian doing at Danse Macabre that is illegal?
7. Why won't Marcus kill Richard for rescuing Stephen?
8. Describe the partial change Richard does for Anita.
9. Compare and contrast Dominic to Sabin.
10. Why does Anita ask Liv to leave her alone in Chapter 16?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In an essay, distinguish Richard from Marcus. How are they similar? What are their major differences?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the literary techniques the author uses to describe to develop the plot of The Killing Dance.
Essay Topic 3
Select a symbol found in The Killing Dance, and analyze how that symbol functions in the novel and what it reveals about the characters or themes of the work as a whole.
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)