|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the murder victim in Chapter 18 pinned down?
2. Marcus will go to war with all the following shapeshifters, except for which?
3. What is a Freki?
4. Who says, "It wasn't that you risked your life, it was that you got rid of me before you did it"?
5. What is the name of the vampire who Anita thinks looks like something out of an old Vincent Price movie?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does one become wolf king? What is another word for wolf king?
2. What does Jean-Claude mean when he tells Anita that she is about to be "introduced to the world"?
3. What does Anita mean when she tells Richard, "Stop leaking all over me"?
4. What does Anita discover inside the small hallway Jean-Claude instructs Anita to look down?
5. What is the Circus of the Damned?
6. Describe Richard's house.
7. What promise does Richard ask Anita to keep in Chapter 37?
8. Explain what has happened to Anita in the beginning of Chapter 33.
9. How did Jean-Claude come to be Damian's master?
10. In what form will Richard and Marcus fight?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the title The Killing Dance. How does the author develop the significance of the title?
Essay Topic 2
Explore the issue of vampirism, and explain how it contributes to the understanding of the novel as a whole.
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze the nature of a betrayal found within The Killing Dance. Show how this betrayal contributes to the meaning of the work as a whole.
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)