|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Sabin turn to Anita for help with?
2. Where is Dolph taking Anita in the beginning of Chapter 18?
3. Who is cutting Stephen with a steel knife in the beginning of Chapter 8?
4. Who says, "It wasn't that you risked your life, it was that you got rid of me before you did it"?
5. The wolf pack considers Anita to be a ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Stephen wake Anita up in Chapter 9?
2. What is Damian doing at Danse Macabre that is illegal?
3. Why is Anita dating Jean-Claude?
4. How does Anita know there was someone in her apartment in Chapter 3?
5. What does Jean-Claude mean when he tells Anita that she is about to be "introduced to the world"?
6. Why is Richard mad at Anita in the beginning of Chapter 5?
7. Describe the partial change Richard does for Anita.
8. How did Jean-Claude come to be Damian's master?
9. In Chapter 12, when does Edward believe another assassin will try to kill Anita?
10. Why does Richard always stop before killing someone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the relevance of the setting to the mood, the tone, and the overall meaning of the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Choose a character from The Killing Dance whose mind is being pulled in conflicting directions by two compelling desires, ambitions, obligations, or influences. Identify each of the two conflicting forces and explain how this conflict with one character illuminates the meaning of the work as a whole.
Essay Topic 3
Choose a character in the novel who is morally ambiguous and plays a pivotal role in The Killing Dance. Explain how the character can be viewed as morally ambiguous and why his or her moral ambiguity is significant to the work as a whole.
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)