|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes and speaks to Greeley and tells him, "You have three witnesses that say Ms. Smith pulled her gun first. That it was self-defense"?
2. Who does Anita call after arriving at Richard's house?
3. Who goes into Richard's room for towels to help the doctor mend Richard's wounds?
4. Whose blood does Anita have on her right hand In Chapter 17?
5. Why can't Anita cross the blood circle around the murder victim's body?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Anita, what are Richard Zeeman's only two faults?
2. Who does Anita eventually have sexual relations with? Does this surprise you? Explain.
3. What is Damian doing at Danse Macabre that is illegal?
4. What is Dominic's response to Anita asking if he can help her put the vampires back the way they were? Why does Anita have a problem with his answer?
5. Where is Anita in the beginning of Chapter 42? How did she get there?
6. Why does Edward call Anita while she is at Catherine's dinner party?
7. Explain how Richard mends Jason's wounds. Whose blood does Jason need to drink and why?
8. What is the Circus of the Damned?
9. How does Anita know there was someone in her apartment in Chapter 3?
10. According to Anita, why would a hate group such as HAV kill Robert?
Essay Topic 1
In an essay, analyze the main conflict of the novel and discuss the moral and ethical implications for at least three characters in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Select a character from The Killing Dance who can be considered a villain. In a well-organized essay, analyze the nature of the character's villainy and show how it enhances meaning in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
In an essay, explain the meaning and function of a foil character. Based on your definition, choose a character from The Killing Dance that would be considered a foil character and explain how this character is a foil.
This section contains 1,043 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)