|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Richard states that he wouldn't have been killed by the shotgun blast because it wasn't ________.
2. What is on Anita's oversized T-shirt that she wears to bed?
3. Which disease has become the highest rising birth defect since the legalizing of vampirism?
4. How is the murder victim in Chapter 18 pinned down?
5. Who is Jean-Claude's newest wolf?
Short Essay Questions
1. When was the last time Anita saw Monica Vespucci?
2. Why does Edward call Anita while she is at Catherine's dinner party?
3. Describe the partial change Richard does for Anita.
4. Why is Rafael called to the meeting at Richard's house?
5. Why won't Marcus kill Richard for rescuing Stephen?
6. Why does Anita have Stephen stay in her room instead of moving into Richard's room?
7. What does Jean-Claude mean when he tells Anita that she is about to be "introduced to the world"?
8. Why does Anita ask Liv to leave her alone in Chapter 16?
9. Why does Anita not want the media to know she is dating Jean-Claude?
10. Why does Stephen call and leave a message on Richard's phone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the relevance of the setting to the mood, the tone, and the overall meaning of the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the literary techniques the author uses to describe to develop the plot of The Killing Dance.
Essay Topic 3
In an essay, explain the meaning and function of a foil character. Based on your definition, choose a character from The Killing Dance that would be considered a foil character and explain how this character is a foil.
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)