|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does Richard "turn furry"?
2. According to Richard, most shapeshifters ________ when they change back to human form.
3. Who is Jean-Claude's newest wolf?
4. What form of being is Christine?
5. How is the murder victim in Chapter 18 pinned down?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Anita dating Jean-Claude?
2. What does Jason do for Jean-Claude nightly?
3. Why is Rafael called to the meeting at Richard's house?
4. Why does Stephen call and leave a message on Richard's phone?
5. What does Jean-Claude mean when he tells Anita that she is about to be "introduced to the world"?
6. Why does Anita ask Liv to leave her alone in Chapter 16?
7. Describe Richard's house.
8. When was the last time Anita saw Monica Vespucci?
9. Why won't Marcus kill Richard for rescuing Stephen?
10. Compare and contrast Dominic to Sabin.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the literary techniques the author uses to describe to develop the plot of The Killing Dance.
Essay Topic 2
Choose a character from The Killing Dance whose mind is being pulled in conflicting directions by two compelling desires, ambitions, obligations, or influences. Identify each of the two conflicting forces and explain how this conflict with one character illuminates the meaning of the work as a whole.
Essay Topic 3
In The Killing Dance, identify a character who is alienated from society and show how that character's alienation reveals the surrounding society's assumptions or moral values.
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)