|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. If a vampire acquires ________ complaints against them, they could get a death warrant issued.
2. Who is cutting Stephen with a steel knife in the beginning of Chapter 8?
3. The wolf pack considers Anita to be a ________.
4. Who is Anita referring to when she says, "Will the real monster please stand up"?
5. In context, what does the word "toys" mean to Anita and Edward?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Stephen wake Anita up in Chapter 9?
2. According to Anita, what are Richard Zeeman's only two faults?
3. When did Christine first meet Anita?
4. Why does Anita have Stephen stay in her room instead of moving into Richard's room?
5. How did Jean-Claude come to be Damian's master?
6. Compare and contrast Dominic to Sabin.
7. Why is Richard mad at Anita in the beginning of Chapter 5?
8. What does Jason do for Jean-Claude nightly?
9. How does one become wolf king? What is another word for wolf king?
10. Why does Anita agree to keep her date with Jean-Claude?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the relevance of the setting to the mood, the tone, and the overall meaning of the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the title The Killing Dance. How does the author develop the significance of the title?
Essay Topic 3
In an essay, analyze the main conflict of the novel and discuss the moral and ethical implications for at least three characters in the novel.
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)