|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. It was ________ in the morning when Richard carried the unconscious Stephen into his bedroom.
2. All of the following vampires are in Anita's office in Chapter 1, except for who?
3. What is Ronnie's nickname for Jean-Claude?
4. According to Anita, ________ works better if you don't keep testing it so often.
5. How many legal vampire kills does Anita say she has?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Damian doing at Danse Macabre that is illegal?
2. When did Christine first meet Anita?
3. Why does Anita have Stephen stay in her room instead of moving into Richard's room?
4. Why is Dolph taking Anita to Creve Coeur?
5. Describe the interview room Anita is in in Chapter 4.
6. How does Anita know there was someone in her apartment in Chapter 3?
7. Why does Stephen call and leave a message on Richard's phone?
8. According to Anita, what are Richard Zeeman's only two faults?
9. Describe Richard's house.
10. What does Jean-Claude mean when he tells Anita that she is about to be "introduced to the world"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Select a character from The Killing Dance who can be considered a villain. In a well-organized essay, analyze the nature of the character's villainy and show how it enhances meaning in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Choose a character from The Killing Dance whose mind is being pulled in conflicting directions by two compelling desires, ambitions, obligations, or influences. Identify each of the two conflicting forces and explain how this conflict with one character illuminates the meaning of the work as a whole.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast at least three different supernatural beings found within The Killing Dance.
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)