|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hendricks say he would have done to Joyce if she had lived?
2. What is Amy carrying with her?
3. Where does Lou get the bottle of whiskey from?
4. Where does Lou drive Conway to?
5. What does Lou say is running out of Hendricks' eyeballs?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hendricks phone Lou in Chapter 12?
2. Why does Hendricks say he is relieved Joyce died?
3. What does Hendricks say is the evidence against Johnnie?
4. How do Hendricks and his secretary react when Lou starts speaking in cliches?
5. What does Lou claim is the opinion of people he kills?
6. What information does Rothman give about Johnnie?
7. What suggestions are there in this Chapter 12 that Lou gets his killer instinct from his father?
8. What does Lou say about writers when they reach a highpoint in the story?
9. What is the story Lou tells about he jeweler?
10. What does Lou see in the picture he finds in his dad's library?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Lou try to cover his tracks after each killing? What mistakes does he make? How much does it help that he is a policeman himself?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Lou only kill people he feels comfortable with and close to? What comment does this make about serial killers in general?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the book's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)