|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Johnnie say he needed to buy for his car?
2. What does Amy grab hold of as she lies on the floor?
3. Where does Lou drive Conway to?
4. How does Lou describe the bum's running?
5. Where does Lou take Amy on Wednesday?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lou claim is the opinion of people he kills?
2. What does Hendricks say is the evidence against Johnnie?
3. What deal do the bum and Lou come to?
4. What does Lou overhear Bob and Jeff saying?
5. How does Lou get Conway into his car?
6. What suggestions are there in this Chapter 12 that Lou gets his killer instinct from his father?
7. How did the man from the union find it was Johnnie who stole his tires?
8. What does Lou learn about the construction work being done at the Greek's diner?
9. What does Lou say he knows about John Smith?
10. How do Hendricks and his secretary react when Lou starts speaking in cliches?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Lou assess his own sickness while in hospital? What evidence is there to suggest this not a reliable assessment? In what way does Lou trust his intelligence too much?
Essay Topic 2
In what way does Amy's death affect Lou more than the others? In what way does he pretend it doesn't affect him? How does Lou give himself away that he does actually care?
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)