|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lou say is the only person other than himself Chester cares about?
2. What does Lou say the politicians are?
3. Where does Lou kick Amy?
4. What does Amy tell Lou she wants him to get for a change?
5. What does Smith's neck stick out like as he walks away?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lou overhear Bob and Jeff saying?
2. Why does Hendricks say he is relieved Joyce died?
3. What does Lou claim is the opinion of people he kills?
4. What is the story Lou tells about he jeweler?
5. What does Lou learn about the construction work being done at the Greek's diner?
6. How does Lou prepare to kill Amy?
7. What information does Rothman give about Johnnie?
8. What does Lou say about odd couples in this section?
9. How does Lou talk to the doctor when he first arrives at his house?
10. What does Hendricks say is the evidence against Johnnie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what does Lou hide his feelings even in the first person narration? How does this suggest that Lou is perhaps not the cold person he makes him out to be?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
How do the other characters manage to catch out Lou? What leads to Lou's downfall? Is there a suggestion Lou wants to be caught?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)