|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lou drive to after leaving the courthouse?
2. What does Bob Maples say he is as straight as?
3. Where are Bob and Lou at the beginning of Chapter 9?
4. What is the name of the county attorney?
5. How does Lou calm Amy down?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lou decide to avenge Chester?
2. Why does Lou say he agrees to marry Amy?
3. Why does Hendricks claim he is questioning Lou in Chapter 8?
4. Why does Lou think Conway can't get what he wants?
5. What does Rothman tell Lou he is worried about?
6. Why is Bob angry at Hendricks in Chapter 8?
7. Why does Lou say he doesn't need a weapon?
8. Why does Lou use so many adages?
9. How does Lou know that Mike is not guilty of raping the three-year-old girl?
10. Why is Lou uncomfortable with Bob and Hendricks?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Lou assess his own sickness while in hospital? What evidence is there to suggest this not a reliable assessment? In what way does Lou trust his intelligence too much?
Essay Topic 2
In what way does Amy's death affect Lou more than the others? In what way does he pretend it doesn't affect him? How does Lou give himself away that he does actually care?
Essay Topic 3
In what does Lou hide his feelings even in the first person narration? How does this suggest that Lou is perhaps not the cold person he makes him out to be?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)