|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the weed-grown trail lead to?
2. What is Amy's job?
3. What does Lou say he does even when he is sleeping?
4. How does Lou say you should address anyone wearing a skirt?
5. Why does Lou think he is sitting in between the Sheriff and Hendricks?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Bob angry at Hendricks in Chapter 8?
2. What does Lou do to his car before he goes to murder Joyce?
3. How does Chester react to Elmer's death?
4. Why does Lou say he doesn't need a weapon?
5. Why is Lou uncomfortable with Bob and Hendricks?
6. Why is Bob so upset when he arrives back at the hotel?
7. Why does Lou say he is worried for Johnnie?
8. Why does Lou say he agrees to marry Amy?
9. Why does Lou say his car could not have possible made the tracks in the weeds?
10. Why does Lou use so many adages?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Lou assess his own sickness while in hospital? What evidence is there to suggest this not a reliable assessment? In what way does Lou trust his intelligence too much?
Essay Topic 2
How do the other characters manage to catch out Lou? What leads to Lou's downfall? Is there a suggestion Lou wants to be caught?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)