|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lou have for breakfast once he gets back to Central City?
2. Who does Conway say is too old to be on his toes?
3. From what window of the train is the bum staring out?
4. What kind of company does Chester Conway own?
5. Where does Bob say Elmer would be if he weren't dead?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Amy angry with Lou in chapter seven?
2. Why is Bob angry at Hendricks in Chapter 8?
3. What does Lou do to his car before he goes to murder Joyce?
4. Why does Lou say his car could not have possible made the tracks in the weeds?
5. Why does Lou say he is worried for Johnnie?
6. Why does Lou use so many adages?
7. How does Lou kill Elmer and Joyce?
8. Why does Lou say he doesn't need a weapon?
9. How does Lou decide to avenge Chester?
10. What does this section say about Amy and Lou's relationship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Lou's relationship with his father? How do the students think is father's death affected him?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Lou only kill people he feels comfortable with and close to? What comment does this make about serial killers in general?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)