|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rothman say was stolen from one of his carpenters?
(a) His car tires.
(b) His wallet.
(c) His gun.
(d) His stetson.
2. Where does Lou hang his mop?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The parlor.
(c) The front porch.
(d) The back porch.
3. What does Lou give Hendricks a recipe to cure?
(a) His aching muscles.
(b) His back pain.
(c) His cough.
(d) His gammy leg.
4. Where does the bum say he spent a year stretch?
(a) Central chicken farm.
(b) Houston pea farm.
(c) Dallas strawberry farm.
(d) Formby Pig Farm.
5. What does Lou say he does on the Fifth of April, 1952?
(a) Kills Amy Stanton.
(b) Leaves town.
(c) Sells his house.
(d) Kills the bum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of ground does Rothman say the church buried Johnnie in?
2. What does Lou say the author leaves out when he starts to get to a high point?
3. What does the billboard say is a little stronger in Central City?
4. Who does Lou say he wants to kill next?
5. What did Lou's father say could be a religion?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lou prepare to kill Amy?
2. What is the story Lou tells about he jeweler?
3. What information does Rothman give about Johnnie?
4. Why does Lou say he is proud of Amy?
5. How do Hendricks and his secretary react when Lou starts speaking in cliches?
6. Why does Hendricks say he is relieved Joyce died?
7. What does Lou know about Billy Bob Walker?
8. What does Lou say he knows about John Smith?
9. What does Lou say about odd couples in this section?
10. What deal do the bum and Lou come to?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)