|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hendricks say he would have done to Joyce if she had lived?
(a) Used her to get at Conway.
(b) Run her out of town.
(c) Married her.
(d) Prosecuted her to the hilt.
2. What does Lou say is running out of Hendricks' eyeballs?
3. What room does Lou carry Amy into?
(a) His dad's office.
(b) The billiard room.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The library.
4. Where does Lou get the bottle of whiskey from?
(a) His laboratory.
(b) His basement.
(c) His cooler.
(d) His mini-bar.
5. What kind of tree is the woman in the picture standing behind?
(a) A weeping willow.
(b) A silver birch.
(c) An oak tree.
(d) A white maple.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game does Bob ask Lou to play with him?
2. How does Lou describe the bum's running?
3. In what city did Smith go to university?
4. How does Lou describe Smith's eyes?
5. What was the name of Lou's father's housekeeper?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hendricks ask Lou to talk to Johnnie?
2. What does Lou see in the picture he finds in his dad's library?
3. What deal do the bum and Lou come to?
4. How does Lou get Conway into his car?
5. What does Bob say to Lou in Chapter 14?
6. How does Lou prepare to kill Amy?
7. What does Lou say about writers when they reach a highpoint in the story?
8. What does Lou say he knows about John Smith?
9. Why does Hendricks phone Lou in Chapter 12?
10. What information does Rothman give about Johnnie?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)