|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lou say he got rid of when he killed Joyce?
(a) The town's evil.
(b) His brother's memory.
(c) His sickness.
(d) The monkey on his back.
2. What kind of trees stand in front of Joyce's house?
(a) Oak trees.
(b) Silverbirch trees.
(c) Blackjack trees.
(d) Elm trees.
3. What does Lou think they should do to the Negros?
(a) Send them to the north.
(b) Lynch them.
(c) Give them decent jobs.
(d) Ship them back to Africa.
4. Why does Lou think he is sitting in between the Sheriff and Hendricks?
(a) So he can't jump out.
(b) So they can both attack him.
(c) So has the best view of the road.
(d) So the sheriff does not attack Hendricks.
5. What does Lou say the bums always size him up for?
(a) An easy mark.
(b) A good piece.
(c) A hard man.
(d) A killer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lou claim everyone is capable of listening to?
2. What does Lou want to compliment the newspapers on?
3. What was Mike in jail for?
4. What food had Lou just finished when he saw the bum?
5. What did Lou and Mike use to make a swimming pool?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Mike die?
2. How does Lou decide to avenge Chester?
3. Why is Bob angry at Hendricks in Chapter 8?
4. Why does Lou say his car could not have possible made the tracks in the weeds?
5. Why is Amy angry with Lou in chapter seven?
6. Why does Lou say he doesn't need a weapon?
7. What does Rothman tell Lou he is worried about?
8. Why is Bob so upset when he arrives back at the hotel?
9. Why does Rothman contact Lou in this section?
10. Why does Lou say he agrees to marry Amy?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)