|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game does Bob ask Lou to play with him?
2. What kind of ground does Rothman say the church buried Johnnie in?
(a) Godless ground.
(b) Sacred ground.
(c) Hard ground.
(d) Holy ground.
3. What does Lou say the politicians are?
4. What does Smith's neck stick out like as he walks away?
(a) A buzzard.
(b) An eagle.
(c) A turtle.
(d) A vulture.
5. What does Amy grab hold of as she lies on the floor?
(a) Her hair.
(b) Her face.
(c) Her skirt.
(d) Her purse.
6. Who do Amy and Lou watch working out?
(a) The soccer team.
(b) The football team.
(c) The basketball team.
(d) The baseball team.
7. What does Rothman say Walker has a long memory for?
8. What does Lou say is running out of Hendricks' eyeballs?
9. What does Jeff slam onto Bob's desk?
(a) His badge.
(b) His stetson.
(c) His gun.
(d) His wallet.
10. When does Rothman say is the only time the police take notice of laborers?
(a) On the food line.
(b) On the dole queue.
(c) On the picket line.
(d) On the road.
11. Where does Lou kick Amy?
(a) In the head.
(b) In the stomach.
(c) Inthe back.
(d) In the chest.
12. Who does Lou say is the only person other than himself Chester cares about?
13. What kind of tree is the woman in the picture standing behind?
(a) A silver birch.
(b) An oak tree.
(c) A white maple.
(d) A weeping willow.
14. What does Lou say the author leaves out when he starts to get to a high point?
15. What does Rothman say people now call the white cottage?
(a) The killer cottage.
(b) The death cottage.
(c) The murder cottage.
(d) The horror cottage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man passing through town?
2. How does Lou describe the bum's running?
3. Whose office does Lou enter at the beginning of Chapter 11?
4. What does Lou compare the bum to when he sees Amy's body?
5. What does Lou tell Smith is the only thing that worries him?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)