|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lou say is coming up in the fall?
(b) His birthday.
(c) His marriage.
2. What does Lou slide under the evening newspaper?
(a) A gun.
(b) A $20 bill.
(c) A note.
(d) A butcher knife.
3. What did Lou's father say could be a religion?
4. What was the name of Lou's father's housekeeper?
5. Who does Rothman say is remodeling Max's restaurant?
(a) Central Works.
(b) The police.
(c) The local government.
(d) Conway Contruction.
6. What does Amy tell Lou she wants him to get for a change?
(a) A decent shave.
(b) Decent clothes.
(c) A decent haircut.
(d) Decent shoes.
7. What kind of world does Lou say doctors live in?
(a) I'm the man world.
(b) I'm the Prince world.
(c) I'm the King world.
(d) I'm the God world.
8. Where does Lou hit Amy as hard as he can?
(a) In the chest.
(b) In the back.
(c) In the face.
(d) In the guts.
9. What does Lou buy on the way back from the prayer meeting?
(d) Ice cream.
10. Whose office does Lou enter at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) Hendricks' office.
(b) Rothman's office.
(c) Bob's office.
(d) Conway's office.
11. What does Lou say Hendricks could x-ray?
(a) His gold teeth.
(b) His organs.
(c) His brain.
(d) His shrapnel.
12. Where does Chester Conway have big offices?
(b) Fort Worth.
(c) Los Angeles.
13. What is the name of the deputy sheriff?
(a) Jeff Plummer.
(b) Jack Regal.
(c) Dave Figs.
(d) Dick Horn.
14. What is the Greek doing to his restaurant?
(a) Painting it.
(b) Closing it.
(c) Expanding it.
(d) Remodeling it.
15. How does Lou describe the bum's running?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lou drive Conway to?
2. What does the bum do instead of picking up Lou's knife?
3. What does Hendricks say he would have done to Joyce if she had lived?
4. How does Johnnie react when Lou enters his cell?
5. Who did Johnnie get the $20 from?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)