|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who runs out of the second house that Mark and Alec inspect on their search for Trina and the others in Chapter 54?
2. What is the name of the group in Alaska that wanted to develop a virus, according to the old man in Chapter 33?
3. Who shoots Lana in Chapter 55?
4. Where has Alec landed the Berg when he and Mark eat the military meals in Chapter 45?
5. Alec tells Mark in Chapter 32, "We've got two objectives, kid." What is the first objective?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Mark and Alec do in preparation for their rescue mission in Chapter 48?
2. What do Mark and Alec overhear once they've entered the Berg headquarters in Chapter 31?
3. What is demanded by the gunman in the flashback in Chapter 47? How is the gunman overpowered?
4. What does Alec deduce as he and Mark follow the path of the others in Chapter 29?
5. What leads Mark to deduce that he has the Flare virus in Chapter 43?
6. How does Trina help the group to escape from the infected people in Chapter 58?
7. Why does Anton say a revolt is being planned in Chapter 33?
8. Who is the first person that Alec shoots with a Transvice in Chapter 49? What happens when the man is shot?
9. What happens in the New York tunnels in Mark's dream/flashback in Chapter 35?
10. Why does Anton say the virus was developed and released in Chapter 33? What went wrong in the process?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the tribal cult members that Mark and Alec encounter in the forest. What are the cult members doing when Mark and Alec encounter them? Why do the cult members take Mark and Alec prisoner? How do the protagonists escape?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the journey of Mark, Alec, Lana, Trina, Misty, and Darnell to the settlement in North Carolina. How does the group reach North Carolina? Why do they choose this location for a settlement? For how long have they lived in the settlement when the narrative begins?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the relationships between Mark and Trina and Alec and Lana in the novel. What are the age differences of these characters? For how long have Lana and Alec known one another? For how long have Mark and Trina been friends?
This section contains 1,033 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)