|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mark manage to get the male pilot out of the Berg in Chapter 42?
2. How much of the population is the group in Alaska planning to wipe out, according to the old man in Chapter 33?
3. Where has Alec landed the Berg when he and Mark eat the military meals in Chapter 45?
4. Who runs out of the second house that Mark and Alec inspect on their search for Trina and the others in Chapter 54?
5. What does Misty remark about the water when she falls into it in the tunnel in the flashback in Chapter 35?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Mark and Alec manage to find Deedee and Trina in Chapter 56? How are Deedee and Trina described when they are rescued?
2. How are the technologies of the Flat Trans and the Transvices described in Chapter 49?
3. Where has Alec landed the Berg in Chapter 45? What do he and Mark discuss after the landing?
4. How is the entrance to the Berg headquarters described in Chapter 30?
5. Why does Anton say the virus was developed and released in Chapter 33? What went wrong in the process?
6. What does Alec warn Mark about as they set out on their rescue mission in Chapter 53?
7. What happens in the New York tunnels in Mark's dream/flashback in Chapter 35?
8. Why does Anton say a revolt is being planned in Chapter 33?
9. How does Trina help the group to escape from the infected people in Chapter 58?
10. What do Mark and Alec overhear once they've entered the Berg headquarters in Chapter 31?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the weapons and technological advances described in The Kill Order. What is a Transvice? How does this weapon work? What is a Flat Trans and how is it operated? How realistic are these devices?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the relationships between Mark and Trina and Alec and Lana in the novel. What are the age differences of these characters? For how long have Lana and Alec known one another? For how long have Mark and Trina been friends?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze the character of Mark as the main protagonist in The Kill Order. Where is Mark when his character is first introduced? What does the narrator reveal about Mark's past and his meeting with Alec in the course of the story? What has happened to Mark's family?
This section contains 1,024 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)