|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mark located in the beginning of his dream/flashback in Chapter 46?
2. What color is Trina's hair?
3. How does the narrator describe Mark's feelings as he fights the male pilot in Chapter 42?
4. What is the first thing that the old man says to Mark and Alec in the bunker room in Chapter 32?
5. How many children are discovered in the basement of the second house that Mark and Alec inspect on their search for their friends in Chapter 54?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the entrance to the Berg headquarters described in Chapter 30?
2. Why does Anton say a revolt is being planned in Chapter 33?
3. What is demanded by the gunman in the flashback in Chapter 47? How is the gunman overpowered?
4. How is Baxter's death described in the flashback in Chapter 46?
5. How is the meeting described that Mark and Alec spy on in Chapter 36?
6. What objectives do Mark and Alec set out in Chapter 32?
7. How does Trina help the group to escape from the infected people in Chapter 58?
8. Why does Anton say the virus was developed and released in Chapter 33? What went wrong in the process?
9. What do Mark and Alec do in preparation for their rescue mission in Chapter 48?
10. Whom does Anton say developed the virus in Chapter 33? What effects was the virus supposed to have?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the setting of the Berg airbase. How large is this setting? Whom do Mark and Alec encounter when they reach the airbase? What information do they learn about the Bergs from the airbase?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the Berg that lands in Mark and Alec's settlement in the beginning of the novel. Who emerges from the Berg and what do they do? How do Alec and Mark manage to take down the Berg? What do they discover once they have taken it down?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the journey of Mark, Alec, Lana, Trina, Misty, and Darnell to the settlement in North Carolina. How does the group reach North Carolina? Why do they choose this location for a settlement? For how long have they lived in the settlement when the narrative begins?
This section contains 1,024 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)