|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Alec manage to get rid of Mark's attacker at the Berg is lifting off in Chapter 44?
2. To whom does Bruce describe turning over Deedee, Trina, and Lana at the meeting in Chapter 37?
3. The narrator says of Mark in Chapter 44, "He had to find Trina. If for no other reason that so he could" what?
4. On what floor is Mark in the beginning of his dream/flashback in Chapter 46?
5. How far do Alec and Mark have to jump in order to get off the trap door and to safety in Chapter 30?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who attacks Mark as he goes to join Alec in the cockpit in Chapter 44? How does Alec save Mark?
2. What does Alec warn Mark about as they set out on their rescue mission in Chapter 53?
3. What do Mark and Alec overhear once they've entered the Berg headquarters in Chapter 31?
4. What leads Mark to deduce that he has the Flare virus in Chapter 43?
5. Why does Anton say a revolt is being planned in Chapter 33?
6. What leads up to Lana's death in Chapter 55? Who kills Lana?
7. What does Alec deduce as he and Mark follow the path of the others in Chapter 29?
8. What do Mark and Alec do in preparation for their rescue mission in Chapter 48?
9. Where has Alec landed the Berg in Chapter 45? What do he and Mark discuss after the landing?
10. What does Bruce remark about the PFC in the meeting in Chapter 37?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the impacts of the sun flares on the earth as examined in the novel. When do the sun flares begin? How long do they last? How many people are killed by the effects of the sun flares?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze the character of Alec in the novel. How old is Alec? What was Alec's former profession? How does Alec's former profession play into his actions in The Kill Order?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the events from the Prologue of The Kill Order. What characters from the Maze Runner series appear in the Prologue? What is taking place? Where is the Prologue set?
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)