|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mark use as a weapon as he and Alec flee the cult scene in Chapter 26?
2. Who asks Mark what is wrong when he awakens in Chapter 21?
3. How long has it been since the darts from the ships hit the cult's village, according to their leader in Chapter 25?
4. How is the requisite uniform of the Glade described in the Prologue?
5. How many people exit the aircraft that lands in the village in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Mark when the power shuts down in the flashback in Chapter 8? What does he do?
2. What does Alec reveal to be the cause of the destruction in the flashback in Chapter 19?
3. What leads to the separation of Mark and Alec from the others in their group in Chapter 22?
4. How is the camp of the tribal cult followers described in Chapter 23?
5. What information does Jed reveal to Mark and Alec in Chapter 25? What interrupts Jed?
6. What does Lana theorize about the virus in Chapter 17?
7. How does Alec confront the pilots once he enters the cockpit of the Berg in Chapter 7?
8. What is described as Trina's favorite activity in Chapter 1? Where does Trina live?
9. How do Mark and Alec gain access to the interior of the Berg in Chapter 5?
10. What does Mark discover as Alec tries to get into the cockpit of the Berg in Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When do the events in The Kill Order take place in relation to the Prologue? Why do you think the author of the series chose to write a prequel as his third book in the Maze Runner trilogy? How does the story in The Kill Order relate to the events in the other novels from the series?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the Epilogue of The Kill Order. What characters are the focus of the Epilogue? What events take place? How does the Epilogue connect with the events in the other books from the Maze Runner series?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the tribal cult members that Mark and Alec encounter in the forest. What are the cult members doing when Mark and Alec encounter them? Why do the cult members take Mark and Alec prisoner? How do the protagonists escape?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)