|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Alec been prior to the sun flares?
2. What has separated Alec and Mark from their camp where Trina, Lana, and Deedee are staying in Chapter 27?
3. What was the name of Mark's younger sister?
4. Where did Mark meet Lana and Alec?
5. How old is Mark in the flashback in Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about the arrival of a Berg in the settlement in Chapter 3?
2. What does Deedee reveal about her past in Chapter 18?
3. How does Mark respond when he encounters the Toad in Chapter 16? How is the Toad's behavior described?
4. What does Alec reveal to be the cause of the destruction in the flashback in Chapter 19?
5. How does Alec confront the pilots once he enters the cockpit of the Berg in Chapter 7?
6. What information does Jed reveal to Mark and Alec in Chapter 25? What interrupts Jed?
7. How does Mark manage to make his way back to the Central Shack in Chapter 4? What does he do afterward?
8. What does Lana theorize about the virus in Chapter 17?
9. Why does Lana tell Mark and Trina to hurry in Chapter 2? What is their mission for the day?
10. How do Mark and Alec manage to make it back to their camp in Chapter 27? What do they find when they arrive?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the setting of the Berg airbase. How large is this setting? Whom do Mark and Alec encounter when they reach the airbase? What information do they learn about the Bergs from the airbase?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the Epilogue of The Kill Order. What characters are the focus of the Epilogue? What events take place? How does the Epilogue connect with the events in the other books from the Maze Runner series?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the impacts of the sun flares on the earth as examined in the novel. When do the sun flares begin? How long do they last? How many people are killed by the effects of the sun flares?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)