|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has replicated the map from the workpad onto paper in Chapter 14?
2. How is the requisite uniform of the Glade described in the Prologue?
3. What is the largest city near the settlement where Mark lives in the beginning of the novel?
4. Who first approaches the little girl to talk to her in Chapter 18?
5. Who shoots at the door of the aircraft with a pistol in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is revealed through Teresa's thoughts about Thomas in the Prologue of The Kill Order?
2. How does Alec confront the pilots once he enters the cockpit of the Berg in Chapter 7?
3. What does Deedee reveal about her past in Chapter 18?
4. What is described as Trina's favorite activity in Chapter 1? Where does Trina live?
5. Why does Lana tell Mark and Trina to hurry in Chapter 2? What is their mission for the day?
6. When do the events of Chapter 1 take place in relation to the Prologue? What are Mark's thoughts upon waking in Chapter 1?
7. What does Alec reveal to be the cause of the destruction in the flashback in Chapter 19?
8. Where is Mark when the power shuts down in the flashback in Chapter 8? What does he do?
9. How do Mark and Alec gain access to the interior of the Berg in Chapter 5?
10. What does Alec surmise about the abandoned camp in Chapter 28?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the impacts of the sun flares on the earth as examined in the novel. When do the sun flares begin? How long do they last? How many people are killed by the effects of the sun flares?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the setting of the Berg airbase. How large is this setting? Whom do Mark and Alec encounter when they reach the airbase? What information do they learn about the Bergs from the airbase?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the character of Anton in the novel. Where do Mark and Alec meet Anton? What does Anton reveal about the mission of the PFC and the use of the Bergs? What has led Anton to abandon this mission?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)