|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the virus code number printed on the box of darts in Chapter 6?
2. Who first approaches the little girl to talk to her in Chapter 18?
3. How did Mark first meet Trina?
4. Who powers up the workpad to check it against the map in Chapter 22?
5. What do the cult followers do when their leader appears in Chapter 25?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the camp of the tribal cult followers described in Chapter 23?
2. What is revealed through Teresa's thoughts about Thomas in the Prologue of The Kill Order?
3. Why does Lana tell Mark and Trina to hurry in Chapter 2? What is their mission for the day?
4. What leads to the separation of Mark and Alec from the others in their group in Chapter 22?
5. How does Mark manage to make his way back to the Central Shack in Chapter 4? What does he do afterward?
6. How does Alec confront the pilots once he enters the cockpit of the Berg in Chapter 7?
7. How is the Berg described in Chapter 3? What happens when the Berg's ramp opens up?
8. What is described as Trina's favorite activity in Chapter 1? Where does Trina live?
9. What does Alec surmise about the abandoned camp in Chapter 28?
10. What does Alec reveal to be the cause of the destruction in the flashback in Chapter 19?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the journey of Mark, Alec, Lana, Trina, Misty, and Darnell to the settlement in North Carolina. How does the group reach North Carolina? Why do they choose this location for a settlement? For how long have they lived in the settlement when the narrative begins?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze the character of Alec in the novel. How old is Alec? What was Alec's former profession? How does Alec's former profession play into his actions in The Kill Order?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the setting of the Berg airbase. How large is this setting? Whom do Mark and Alec encounter when they reach the airbase? What information do they learn about the Bergs from the airbase?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)