|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Mark and Alec use to break into the Berg's weapons stash in Chapter 48?
(a) A wrench.
(b) A hammer.
(c) An axe.
(d) A fire extinguisher.
2. What does Alec compare the trap door to the Berg headquarters to in Chapter 30?
(a) A hammer.
(b) A coin flipping.
(c) A stage door.
(d) A revolving door.
3. Who shoots Lana in Chapter 55?
4. Whose footprints disappear along the trail that Alec and Mark are following in Chapter 29?
5. What conclusion does Mark reach regarding his situation in Chapter 43?
(a) He feels that he is getting a cold.
(b) He believes he is physically and mentally sharp.
(c) He believes he may be dying of cancer.
(d) He believes he has the Flare.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long ago does the old man in the bunker room say they chose a settlement as a test in Chapter 33?
2. What city is just on the other side of the canyon that Mark and Alec find in Chapter 29?
3. What does Alec tell Mark is their number one priority as they prepare for battle in taking their friends back in Chapter 53?
4. Alec tells Mark in Chapter 48, "A fine soldier is always scared. Makes you normal." What does he follow this line up with?
5. In the meeting, Bruce describes the PFC sending them to take part in the worst civil rights fiasco since what war in Chapter 37?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bruce remark about the PFC in the meeting in Chapter 37?
2. What objectives do Mark and Alec set out in Chapter 32?
3. What is demanded by the gunman in the flashback in Chapter 47? How is the gunman overpowered?
4. What happens in the New York tunnels in Mark's dream/flashback in Chapter 35?
5. Whom does Anton say developed the virus in Chapter 33? What effects was the virus supposed to have?
6. What does Alec warn Mark about as they set out on their rescue mission in Chapter 53?
7. Why does Anton say a revolt is being planned in Chapter 33?
8. How are the technologies of the Flat Trans and the Transvices described in Chapter 49?
9. Why does Anton say the virus was developed and released in Chapter 33? What went wrong in the process?
10. How is the entrance to the Berg headquarters described in Chapter 30?
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)