|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Mark and Alec have to drink from as they seek out their friends in Chapter 51?
(a) A wine bottle.
(b) A water bottle.
(c) A canteen.
(d) A flask.
2. What city is just on the other side of the canyon that Mark and Alec find in Chapter 29?
3. What weapons do Mark and Alec discover in the Berg's weapons stash in Chapter 48?
4. In the following sentence from Chapter 45, what literary device is used? "But the world felt disconnected, as if it were a play Mark was watching from the back row, lying on the floor."
5. What are the drawings of that cover the interior of the second house that Mark and Alec inspect on their search in Chapter 54?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is described by the old man as "the last safe haven in the East" in Chapter 33?
2. How much of the population is the group in Alaska planning to wipe out, according to the old man in Chapter 33?
3. Where does Mark kick the female pilot in Chapter 41?
4. When does Alec describe busting crankheads when martial law was desclared in Chapter 51?
5. To what floor does Baxter lead Mark to see Lana and Alec in the dream in Chapter 46?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bruce remark about the PFC in the meeting in Chapter 37?
2. What do Mark and Alec do in preparation for their rescue mission in Chapter 48?
3. What objectives do Mark and Alec set out in Chapter 32?
4. How do Mark and Alec manage to find Deedee and Trina in Chapter 56? How are Deedee and Trina described when they are rescued?
5. Where has Alec landed the Berg in Chapter 45? What do he and Mark discuss after the landing?
6. Who is the first person that Alec shoots with a Transvice in Chapter 49? What happens when the man is shot?
7. How does Trina help the group to escape from the infected people in Chapter 58?
8. What does Alec deduce as he and Mark follow the path of the others in Chapter 29?
9. What happens in the New York tunnels in Mark's dream/flashback in Chapter 35?
10. What leads up to Lana's death in Chapter 55? Who kills Lana?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)