|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color light bulb is outside of the door that presumably leads to the generators in Chapter 32?
2. How does Mark manage to get Boss away from the boat in Chapter 47?
(a) He punches him in the face.
(b) He throws a hammer at him.
(c) He kicks him away.
(d) He throws rocks at him.
3. How wide is the yach that is described in Chapter 46?
(a) 5 feet.
(b) 15 feet.
(c) 20 feet.
(d) 10 feet.
4. How much of the population is the group in Alaska planning to wipe out, according to the old man in Chapter 33?
5. How is the door described that Alec and Mark face inside the Berg headquarters as the Berg is landing in Chapter 31?
(a) Like a revolving door.
(b) Like a submarine door.
(c) Like a garage door.
(d) Like a truck door.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long ago does the old man in the bunker room say they chose a settlement as a test in Chapter 33?
2. What are the drawings of that cover the interior of the second house that Mark and Alec inspect on their search in Chapter 54?
3. What do Alec and Mark use for light once they are in the Berg's landing area in Chapter 31?
4. Alec tells Mark in Chapter 32, "We've got two objectives, kid." What is the first objective?
5. What does Alec compare the trap door to the Berg headquarters to in Chapter 30?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads up to Lana's death in Chapter 55? Who kills Lana?
2. Who attacks Mark as he goes to join Alec in the cockpit in Chapter 44? How does Alec save Mark?
3. How does Trina help the group to escape from the infected people in Chapter 58?
4. What does Alec deduce as he and Mark follow the path of the others in Chapter 29?
5. Describe Mark's battle with the male pilot in Chapter 42. How does Mark overcome the pilot?
6. Whom does Anton say developed the virus in Chapter 33? What effects was the virus supposed to have?
7. Where do Mark and Alec encounter Anton in Chapter 33? Why does Anton say he has abandoned his mission?
8. What do Mark and Alec overhear once they've entered the Berg headquarters in Chapter 31?
9. How do Mark and Alec manage to find Deedee and Trina in Chapter 56? How are Deedee and Trina described when they are rescued?
10. What does Alec warn Mark about as they set out on their rescue mission in Chapter 53?
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)