|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long ago does the old man in the bunker room say they chose a settlement as a test in Chapter 33?
(a) 4 months ago.
(b) 2 months ago.
(c) 6 months ago.
(d) 1 year ago.
2. Where is Mark located in the beginning of his dream/flashback in Chapter 46?
(a) The Empire State Building.
(b) The Lincoln Building.
(c) The Chrystler Building.
(d) The Sears Tower.
3. What are the drawings of that cover the interior of the second house that Mark and Alec inspect on their search in Chapter 54?
4. When does Alec describe busting crankheads when martial law was desclared in Chapter 51?
(a) The 2040s.
(b) The 2020s.
(c) The 2030s.
(d) The 2010s.
5. Baxter describes a boat heading down what street in Chapter 46?
(c) Main St.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe Mark's feelings as he fights the male pilot in Chapter 42?
2. What do Alec and Mark use for light once they are in the Berg's landing area in Chapter 31?
3. Where have Alec and Mark escaped to in the beginning of Chapter 39?
4. What color light bulb is outside of the door that presumably leads to the generators in Chapter 32?
5. Who is handing over the meeting to Bruce when Mark and Alec first sneak into the meeting in Chapter 36?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where has Alec landed the Berg in Chapter 45? What do he and Mark discuss after the landing?
2. What leads Mark to deduce that he has the Flare virus in Chapter 43?
3. How is Baxter's death described in the flashback in Chapter 46?
4. How is the entrance to the Berg headquarters described in Chapter 30?
5. How does Trina help the group to escape from the infected people in Chapter 58?
6. What does Alec warn Mark about as they set out on their rescue mission in Chapter 53?
7. What do Mark and Alec do in preparation for their rescue mission in Chapter 48?
8. What does Alec deduce as he and Mark follow the path of the others in Chapter 29?
9. How are the technologies of the Flat Trans and the Transvices described in Chapter 49?
10. Who attacks Mark as he goes to join Alec in the cockpit in Chapter 44? How does Alec save Mark?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)