|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mark kick the female pilot in Chapter 41?
(a) In the shoulder.
(b) In the midsection.
(c) In the head.
(d) In the crotch.
2. In the following sentence from Chapter 45, what literary device is used? "But the world felt disconnected, as if it were a play Mark was watching from the back row, lying on the floor."
3. How many children are discovered in the basement of the second house that Mark and Alec inspect on their search for their friends in Chapter 54?
4. What color is Trina's hair?
5. How does Alec overcome the gunman with the boat in Chapter 47?
(a) He punches him in the back of the head.
(b) He locks him in a closet.
(c) He throws him out a window.
(d) He trips him as he goes down the stairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the air described in the beginning of Chapter 51?
2. What color are the thrusters on the Berg described as in Chapter 30?
3. As the Berg pilots exit through a door in Chapter 31, one of them says, "They've already got a name for it, by the way. They're calling it" what?
4. Where does the pilot say "those jacks... couldn't care less about us" in Chapter 31?
5. How does Mark manage to get the male pilot out of the Berg in Chapter 42?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where has Alec landed the Berg in Chapter 45? What do he and Mark discuss after the landing?
2. What is demanded by the gunman in the flashback in Chapter 47? How is the gunman overpowered?
3. What happens in the New York tunnels in Mark's dream/flashback in Chapter 35?
4. What leads up to Lana's death in Chapter 55? Who kills Lana?
5. What does Bruce remark about the PFC in the meeting in Chapter 37?
6. Why does Anton say the virus was developed and released in Chapter 33? What went wrong in the process?
7. How is Baxter's death described in the flashback in Chapter 46?
8. Whom does Anton say developed the virus in Chapter 33? What effects was the virus supposed to have?
9. Who is the first person that Alec shoots with a Transvice in Chapter 49? What happens when the man is shot?
10. Who attacks Mark as he goes to join Alec in the cockpit in Chapter 44? How does Alec save Mark?
This section contains 1,004 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)