|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who puts the Toad out of his misery in Chapter 16?
2. What does the little girl say happened to all of the villagers in her town in Chapter 18?
(a) They are at war.
(b) They have gone to Asheville.
(c) They have committed mass suicide.
(d) They have died or run into the woods.
3. From what narrative perspective is the story related?
(a) Third person, past tense.
(b) Third person, present tense.
(c) First person, past tense.
(d) First person, present tense.
4. Who has been imprisoned due to infection in Chapter 11?
5. Who has replicated the map from the workpad onto paper in Chapter 14?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is wearing the Toad's underwear on his head when he appears in Chapter 2?
2. Who collapses at the Central Shack from infection in Chapter 13?
3. What color are Alec's eyes described as in Chapter 28?
4. What is Deedee doing when Mark awakens in Chapter 21?
5. Who is injured and carried back toward the Central Shack in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mark respond when he encounters the Toad in Chapter 16? How is the Toad's behavior described?
2. How do Mark and Alec gain access to the interior of the Berg in Chapter 5?
3. What does Mark discover as Alec tries to get into the cockpit of the Berg in Chapter 6?
4. What does Lana theorize about the virus in Chapter 17?
5. What does Alec reveal to be the cause of the destruction in the flashback in Chapter 19?
6. What does Deedee reveal about her past in Chapter 18?
7. What does Alec surmise about the abandoned camp in Chapter 28?
8. How does Mark manage to make his way back to the Central Shack in Chapter 4? What does he do afterward?
9. What is significant about the arrival of a Berg in the settlement in Chapter 3?
10. What is revealed through Teresa's thoughts about Thomas in the Prologue of The Kill Order?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)