|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is injured and carried back toward the Central Shack in Chapter 4?
2. What is painted on the sides of the aircraft that deliver supplies, according to the narrator in Chapter 3?
3. Where are Mark and his friends located in the beginning of the novel?
(c) New York.
(d) North Carolina.
4. How long has it been since the darts from the ships hit the cult's village, according to their leader in Chapter 25?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 6 months and 3 days.
(c) 1 month and 2 days.
(d) 2 months and 3 days.
5. What causes the sound that shakes the underground tunnel in the end of Mark's dream in Chapter 20?
(a) Rushing water.
(b) A bomb.
(c) A helicopter.
(d) A Berg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the retractor button on the rifle with the grappling hook in Chapter 5?
2. From what narrative perspective is the story related?
3. What do the people do after they exit the aircraft in Chapter 3?
4. What was the name of Mark's younger sister?
5. Deedee tells the others in Chapter 22 that her villagers left her abandoned because they believed she was what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alec reveal to be the cause of the destruction in the flashback in Chapter 19?
2. What is described as Trina's favorite activity in Chapter 1? Where does Trina live?
3. What information do Mark and Alec gain from the workpad in Chapter 9?
4. Why do the tribal cult followers say they came to the woods in Chapter 24? What do they reveal about Deedee?
5. How do Mark and Alec manage to make it back to their camp in Chapter 27? What do they find when they arrive?
6. How does Mark manage to make his way back to the Central Shack in Chapter 4? What does he do afterward?
7. Where is Mark when the power shuts down in the flashback in Chapter 8? What does he do?
8. How is the camp of the tribal cult followers described in Chapter 23?
9. What is significant about the arrival of a Berg in the settlement in Chapter 3?
10. When do the events of Chapter 1 take place in relation to the Prologue? What are Mark's thoughts upon waking in Chapter 1?
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)