|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people are dancing around the fire when Alec and Mark creep up to them in the woods in Chapter 23?
(a) 5 or 6.
(b) 20 or so.
(c) 12 or 13.
(d) 30 or so.
2. According to Lana in Chapter 12, most people who contracted the virus died within what time span?
(a) 5 hours.
(b) 12 hours.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 2 hours.
3. Who is injured and carried back toward the Central Shack in Chapter 4?
4. What does Alec use to break open the door to the cockpit in the aircraft in Chapter 6?
(a) A sledgehammer.
(b) A fire extinguisher.
(c) An axe.
(d) A chainsaw.
5. Who is wearing the Toad's underwear on his head when he appears in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is on the operating table, about to undergo the Swipe in the Prologue?
2. Who shoots at the door of the aircraft with a pistol in Chapter 5?
3. How many people exit the aircraft that lands in the village in Chapter 3?
4. Who makes breakfast for the group in the beginning of Chapter 15?
5. What do the people do after they exit the aircraft in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the Berg described in Chapter 3? What happens when the Berg's ramp opens up?
2. How do Mark and Alec gain access to the interior of the Berg in Chapter 5?
3. Why do the tribal cult followers say they came to the woods in Chapter 24? What do they reveal about Deedee?
4. Who kills the Toad in Chapter 16? Why?
5. What leads to the separation of Mark and Alec from the others in their group in Chapter 22?
6. What does Lana theorize about the virus in Chapter 17?
7. How does Mark manage to make his way back to the Central Shack in Chapter 4? What does he do afterward?
8. How does Alec confront the pilots once he enters the cockpit of the Berg in Chapter 7?
9. How does Mark respond when he encounters the Toad in Chapter 16? How is the Toad's behavior described?
10. How is the camp of the tribal cult followers described in Chapter 23?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)