|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alec tells Mark in Chapter 32, "We've got two objectives, kid." What is the second objective?
(a) To avenge his father's death.
(b) To figure out what is going on.
(c) To see Alec again.
(d) To get in touch with his mother.
2. How is the air described in the beginning of Chapter 51?
(a) Dusty and dry.
(d) Cold and wet.
3. How does the narrator describe the canned military meal that Alec brings Mark in Chapter 45?
(a) Bland and mushy.
(b) Salty and beefy.
(c) Absolutely disgusting.
(d) Warm and spicy.
4. Alec tells Mark in Chapter 48, "A fine soldier is always scared. Makes you normal." What does he follow this line up with?
(a) "Fear is not the enemy. It is your friend."
(b) "You just have to learn how to funnel that fear into action."
(c) "It's how you respond to it that makes or breaks you."
(d) "There is fear everywhere."
5. What color are the light bults outside the other doors that do not lead to the generator room in Chapter 32?
6. Where do Mark and Alec spot their first infected person as they search for their friends in Chapter 51?
(a) In a train car.
(b) By the bus stop.
(c) On a rooftop.
(d) At a cemetery.
7. What color are the thrusters on the Berg described as in Chapter 30?
8. Where does Mark kick the female pilot in Chapter 41?
(a) In the shoulder.
(b) In the head.
(c) In the midsection.
(d) In the crotch.
9. How does Mark manage to get the male pilot out of the Berg in Chapter 42?
(a) He kicks him out the door.
(b) He throws a hammer at him.
(c) He shoots him with the Transvice.
(d) He stabs him with a knife.
10. What conclusion does Mark reach regarding his situation in Chapter 43?
(a) He believes he has the Flare.
(b) He believes he is physically and mentally sharp.
(c) He believes he may be dying of cancer.
(d) He feels that he is getting a cold.
11. What happens to the female gunman in Chapter 47?
(a) She shoots herself.
(b) She drowns in the water.
(c) She is shot by the male gunman.
(d) She falls from a window.
12. What are the drawings of that cover the interior of the second house that Mark and Alec inspect on their search in Chapter 54?
13. What do Mark and Alec use to break into the Berg's weapons stash in Chapter 48?
(a) A wrench.
(b) A fire extinguisher.
(c) An axe.
(d) A hammer.
14. Where in the house do Alec and Mark find Trina and Deedee in Chapter 56?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The basement.
(d) The attic.
15. What is the first thing that the old man says to Mark and Alec in the bunker room in Chapter 32?
(a) "I didn't want to give her away."
(b) "Where am I?"
(d) "Look to the east for the flower."
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Bruce describe turning over Deedee, Trina, and Lana at the meeting in Chapter 37?
2. On what floor is Mark in the beginning of his dream/flashback in Chapter 46?
3. How do the old man's headquarters intend to get to Alaska to revolt in Chapter 33?
4. Where is the emergency supply room located in the building described in Chapter 47?
5. About how many bunks are in the bunker room that Alec and Mark discover in Chapter 32?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)