|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mark manage to get Boss away from the boat in Chapter 47?
(a) He kicks him away.
(b) He throws rocks at him.
(c) He throws a hammer at him.
(d) He punches him in the face.
2. Where is the emergency supply room located in the building described in Chapter 47?
(a) The 30th floor.
(b) The 20th floor.
(c) The 9th floor.
(d) The 12th floor.
3. Where in the house do Alec and Mark find Trina and Deedee in Chapter 56?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The attic.
(c) The basement.
(d) The bathroom.
4. How do the old man's headquarters intend to get to Alaska to revolt in Chapter 33?
(a) By ship.
(b) By a Flat Trans.
(c) By Berg.
(d) By helicopter.
5. What does Alec compare the trap door to the Berg headquarters to in Chapter 30?
(a) A coin flipping.
(b) A hammer.
(c) A stage door.
(d) A revolving door.
6. Where has Alec landed the Berg when he and Mark eat the military meals in Chapter 45?
(a) South of Dallas.
(b) North of Houston.
(c) North of Little Rock.
(d) East of Asheville.
7. What is the name of the group in Alaska that wanted to develop a virus, according to the old man in Chapter 33?
(a) The Post-Flares Coalition.
(b) The Coalition for Unified Government.
(d) The Population Coalition.
8. What conclusion does Mark reach regarding his situation in Chapter 43?
(a) He feels that he is getting a cold.
(b) He believes he has the Flare.
(c) He believes he is physically and mentally sharp.
(d) He believes he may be dying of cancer.
9. How long ago does the old man in the bunker room say they chose a settlement as a test in Chapter 33?
(a) 2 months ago.
(b) 1 year ago.
(c) 6 months ago.
(d) 4 months ago.
10. How does Mark manage to get the male pilot out of the Berg in Chapter 42?
(a) He shoots him with the Transvice.
(b) He kicks him out the door.
(c) He throws a hammer at him.
(d) He stabs him with a knife.
11. The narrator says of Mark in Chapter 44, "He had to find Trina. If for no other reason that so he could" what?
(a) "Give her a ring."
(b) "Kill her."
(c) "Tell her he loved her."
(d) "Die with her."
12. What does Misty remark about the water when she falls into it in the tunnel in the flashback in Chapter 35?
(a) "It's polluted!"
(b) "It's hot!"
(c) "It's cold!"
(d) "It's muddy!"
13. In the meeting, Bruce describes the PFC sending them to take part in the worst civil rights fiasco since what war in Chapter 37?
(a) World War I.
(b) The War of 2020.
(c) The Civil War.
(d) World War II.
14. What do Mark and Alec use to break into the Berg's weapons stash in Chapter 48?
(a) A wrench.
(b) A fire extinguisher.
(c) A hammer.
(d) An axe.
15. Alec tells Mark in Chapter 32, "We've got two objectives, kid." What is the first objective?
(a) To reach his mother on the phone.
(b) To see Alec again.
(c) To find Lana, Trina, and Deedee.
(d) To avenge his father's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the door described that Alec and Mark face inside the Berg headquarters as the Berg is landing in Chapter 31?
2. How much of the population is the group in Alaska planning to wipe out, according to the old man in Chapter 33?
3. Who does the man from the boat shoot and kill in Chapter 46?
4. Where does the pilot say "those jacks... couldn't care less about us" in Chapter 31?
5. For how long did Alec, Mark, and the others stay in the Lincoln Building after the sun flares?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)