|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the canned military meal that Alec brings Mark in Chapter 45?
(a) Bland and mushy.
(b) Warm and spicy.
(c) Salty and beefy.
(d) Absolutely disgusting.
2. What does Misty remark about the water when she falls into it in the tunnel in the flashback in Chapter 35?
(a) "It's polluted!"
(b) "It's muddy!"
(c) "It's cold!"
(d) "It's hot!"
3. What color is Trina's hair?
4. What do Alec and Mark use for light once they are in the Berg's landing area in Chapter 31?
(a) The workpad.
(b) A flashlight.
(c) A watch.
(d) A cell phone.
5. What color are the light bults outside the other doors that do not lead to the generator room in Chapter 32?
6. How many people are inside the room at the meeting that Alec and Mark spy on in Chapter 36?
7. How long ago does the old man in the bunker room say they chose a settlement as a test in Chapter 33?
(a) 1 year ago.
(b) 2 months ago.
(c) 6 months ago.
(d) 4 months ago.
8. How do Alec and Mark get into the Berg headquarters in Chapter 30?
(a) They catapult into the tower.
(b) They slip into the trap door.
(c) They crawl in through a window.
(d) The ride in on a Berg.
9. How many children are discovered in the basement of the second house that Mark and Alec inspect on their search for their friends in Chapter 54?
10. Whose footprints disappear along the trail that Alec and Mark are following in Chapter 29?
11. What is described by the old man as "the last safe haven in the East" in Chapter 33?
(a) Little Rock.
12. What is the name of the group in Alaska that wanted to develop a virus, according to the old man in Chapter 33?
(a) The Population Coalition.
(c) The Post-Flares Coalition.
(d) The Coalition for Unified Government.
13. How does Alec overcome the gunman with the boat in Chapter 47?
(a) He throws him out a window.
(b) He punches him in the back of the head.
(c) He locks him in a closet.
(d) He trips him as he goes down the stairs.
14. How is the door described that Alec and Mark face inside the Berg headquarters as the Berg is landing in Chapter 31?
(a) Like a garage door.
(b) Like a revolving door.
(c) Like a submarine door.
(d) Like a truck door.
15. What does Alec compare the trap door to the Berg headquarters to in Chapter 30?
(a) A coin flipping.
(b) A stage door.
(c) A hammer.
(d) A revolving door.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is a Flat Trans defined in Chapter 48?
2. As the Berg pilots exit through a door in Chapter 31, one of them says, "They've already got a name for it, by the way. They're calling it" what?
3. How does Mark manage to get Boss away from the boat in Chapter 47?
4. How far do Alec and Mark have to jump in order to get off the trap door and to safety in Chapter 30?
5. About how big is the trap door described as to the Berg headquarters in Chapter 30?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)