|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator describe Mark's feelings as he fights the male pilot in Chapter 42?
(a) He feels a state of euphoria.
(b) He feels justified and brave.
(c) He feels disconnected from his body.
(d) He feels guilt and sorrow.
2. How is a Flat Trans defined in Chapter 48?
(a) It's a molecular transporter.
(b) It's a solar flare.
(c) It's a death-ray.
(d) It's a type of aircraft.
3. To whom does Bruce describe turning over Deedee, Trina, and Lana at the meeting in Chapter 37?
(a) To the President.
(b) To WICKED.
(c) To the tribal cult.
(d) To the PFC.
4. The narrator says of Mark in Chapter 44, "He had to find Trina. If for no other reason that so he could" what?
(a) "Die with her."
(b) "Give her a ring."
(c) "Tell her he loved her."
(d) "Kill her."
5. What color light bulb is outside of the door that presumably leads to the generators in Chapter 32?
6. What does Misty remark about the water when she falls into it in the tunnel in the flashback in Chapter 35?
(a) "It's muddy!"
(b) "It's hot!"
(c) "It's cold!"
(d) "It's polluted!"
7. What is the name of the old man in the bunker room in Chapter 33?
8. What do Mark and Alec use to break into the Berg's weapons stash in Chapter 48?
(a) A wrench.
(b) A fire extinguisher.
(c) An axe.
(d) A hammer.
9. How far do Alec and Mark have to jump in order to get off the trap door and to safety in Chapter 30?
(a) 2 feet.
(b) 5 feet.
(c) 1 foot.
(d) 6 feet.
10. What does the man in the basement threaten to do if Alec or Mark take another step closer in Chapter 53?
(a) Shoot a gun.
(b) Hang himself.
(c) Kill a kitten.
(d) Light a match.
11. What are the drawings of that cover the interior of the second house that Mark and Alec inspect on their search in Chapter 54?
12. What do Mark and Alec have to drink from as they seek out their friends in Chapter 51?
(a) A flask.
(b) A water bottle.
(c) A canteen.
(d) A wine bottle.
13. In the following sentence from Chapter 45, what literary device is used? "But the world felt disconnected, as if it were a play Mark was watching from the back row, lying on the floor."
14. What does Alec compare the trap door to the Berg headquarters to in Chapter 30?
(a) A revolving door.
(b) A stage door.
(c) A hammer.
(d) A coin flipping.
15. Where does Mark pin down the male pilot when he gains control of the fight in Chapter 42?
(a) Against the control panel.
(b) Halfway through the door.
(c) Against the flag pole.
(d) Against a church pew.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Alec describe busting crankheads when martial law was desclared in Chapter 51?
2. What is the name of the group in Alaska that wanted to develop a virus, according to the old man in Chapter 33?
3. Where does the pilot say "those jacks... couldn't care less about us" in Chapter 31?
4. Alec tells Mark in Chapter 32, "We've got two objectives, kid." What is the first objective?
5. Who shoots the crazy woman that has attacked Mark in the beginning of Chapter 52?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)