|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the mode of transportation called that Mark is riding in the flashback in Chapter 8?
(a) A metro.
(b) An el.
(c) A subtrans.
(d) A tube.
2. What do the cult followers call their leader in Chapter 25?
(a) The Saint.
(b) The Creator.
3. How far away is the home base for the aircraft, according to the GPS on the workpad in Chapter 9?
(a) 20-30 miles away.
(b) 50-60 miles away.
(c) 10-15 miles away.
(d) 200-250 miles away.
4. By what nickname does Mark think of Alec in the narrative, although he doesn't call him that?
(a) "The old bear."
(b) "The mad scientist."
(c) "The madman."
(d) "The old fox."
5. Why does Alec say they have to get out of the underground tunnels in the flashback in Chapter 19?
(a) Because water will flood them.
(b) Because it will explode.
(c) Because there are police coming.
(d) Because there is a gas leak.
6. What do Mark and Alec use to cover their noses and mouths when they return to the village in Chapter 10?
(a) Pieces of cotton from the boat.
(b) Gas masks.
(c) Strips of cloth from their shirts.
(d) Pieces of an old tarp.
7. What does the little girl say happened to all of the villagers in her town in Chapter 18?
(a) They have gone to Asheville.
(b) They have committed mass suicide.
(c) They have died or run into the woods.
(d) They are at war.
8. What color is the retractor button on the rifle with the grappling hook in Chapter 5?
9. From what narrative perspective is the story related?
(a) First person, present tense.
(b) First person, past tense.
(c) Third person, present tense.
(d) Third person, past tense.
10. According to Lana in Chapter 12, most people who contracted the virus died within what time span?
(a) 5 hours.
(b) 12 hours.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 2 days.
11. Who shoots at the door of the aircraft with a pistol in Chapter 5?
12. What is painted on the sides of the aircraft that deliver supplies, according to the narrator in Chapter 3?
13. What had Alec been prior to the sun flares?
(a) A butcher.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A professor.
14. What are human brains described as in the Prologue?
(b) The killzone.
(c) The plague.
15. What do the people do after they exit the aircraft in Chapter 3?
(a) They run for the church.
(b) They shoot Transvices at civilians.
(c) They shoot darts at civilians.
(d) They hide in the bushes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on the leaves by the trail that Alec and Mark discover to follow after the women in Chapter 28?
2. Who comes sprinting toward Mark and Alec when they return to the village in Chapter 10?
3. What does Mark find in the aircraft to use as a weapon in Chapter 7?
4. The leader of the cult says he believes that the demons from the heavens and from the ships may visit how often "to remind us of what we need to become" in Chapter 25?
5. What tool, in addition to the map, does Mark's group use to find the aircraft headquarters in Chapter 15?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)