|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Joanna and Alex have to do after they rent a car to leave England?
(a) Call Chelgrin.
(b) Shake a tail.
(c) Find a weapon.
(d) Find a map.
2. What is Mariko hesitant about?
(a) Singing for the club and still being able to do her managment duties.
(b) About Joanna pursuing the truth of her background.
(c) Finding a singer that is as good as Joanna.
(d) Becoming romantically involved with a foreigner.
3. What does Peterson tell Carrera via the phone?
(a) That Joanna Rand is on her way to London.
(b) That Joanna Rand must be kept from leaving Japan.
(c) That the KGB wishes Carrera to return to Russia.
(d) That the KGB has decided not to let Chelgrin stay in politics.
4. What does Joanna confirm about Rotenhausen?
(a) That is the same Herr Doktor from her dreams.
(b) That Rotenhausen speaks with a Russian accent even though he is dressed as a German soldier.
(c) That her father, Senator Chelgrin, used to meet with this man in the United States.
(d) That she recognizes him as someone who broke into her room in Jamaica.
5. What wakens Joanna and Alex the first morning in London?
(a) Jackhammers across the street from their hotel.
(b) The phone ringing.
(c) A pounding on the door.
(d) The fire alarm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alex hear coming from a closed door he has found?
2. What happens to Marlowe's apartment when he enters and turns on the light?
3. What does Joanna grab from a nearby tray?
4. Where does Alex find his gun?
5. Who kills Ursula?
Short Essay Questions
1. What bad decision does Rotenhausen make and how does Joanna use it to save herself?
2. Who is Peterson and how was he involved in the entire situation?
3. Who approaches Joanna and Alex immediately in London? What might the reader wonder and what does the person say that alleviates concern?
4. What does Chelgrin know about his daughter and what does he seem to feel about her?
5. How does Alex feel about the inn where they stop and what does it make him wonder? What type of theme might his situation bring up?
6. What happens to Alex and Joanna's hotel room and what might this suggest to the reader?
7. What is Carrera ordered to do when Joanna leaves Japan? How does he feel about the orders? What does his thoughts evoke in the reader?
8. What do Alex and Joanna find that show Chelgrin in a different light and what does he have that will help them find Herr Doktor?
9. What does Joanna reveal under hypnosis about Herr Doktor? How does Alex feel hearing it and what does his reaction suggest to you?
10. By Chapter 42, how do you think the reader feels about Thomas Chelgrin. How does the character actually turn out?
This section contains 1,009 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)