|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Herr Doktor do when he comes in the room?
(a) Gives Joanna another injection.
(b) Slaps Joanna's face to see if she is still awake.
(c) Hypnotizes Joanna.
(d) Just stands and looks at Joanna.
2. What makes Alex so uneasy about the inn where they stopped?
(a) All the rooms were on the first floor.
(b) Someone knew him there.
(c) It was too close to London.
(d) He knew too much about it.
3. What is Mariko hesitant about?
(a) Becoming romantically involved with a foreigner.
(b) Singing for the club and still being able to do her managment duties.
(c) About Joanna pursuing the truth of her background.
(d) Finding a singer that is as good as Joanna.
4. What do they find in Chelgrin's room?
(b) His body and a letter of apology to Joanna.
(c) A letter of apology to Joanna but no Chelgrin.
(d) Chelgrin is there but says they are in danger and all three must leave London.
5. What does Chelgrin insist that Lisa undergo?
(a) Cosmetic surgery and the brainwashing technique.
(b) A forced relocation to Russia.
(c) The brainwashing technique again.
(d) A test to determine where her loyalties lay.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Alex find his gun?
2. What does Joanna grab from a nearby tray?
3. In what condition does Rotenhausen expect Joanna to be?
4. What happens the night they arrive at their destination?
5. What does Alex think as he enters a library?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alex feel about the inn where they stop and what does it make him wonder? What type of theme might his situation bring up?
2. Who approaches Joanna and Alex immediately in London? What might the reader wonder and what does the person say that alleviates concern?
3. How do Alex and Joanna leave London and what happens that surprises Alex? What does this make him suspect?
4. Where does Alex go after he wakes up and what happens there?
5. What does Inamura use to free Joanna of the compulsion?
6. What does the hypnosis session do in the novel as far as narrative technique is concerned?
7. What is Carrera ordered to do when Joanna leaves Japan? How does he feel about the orders? What does his thoughts evoke in the reader?
8. What happens to Alex and Joanna's hotel room and what might this suggest to the reader?
9. What does Joanna reveal under hypnosis about Herr Doktor? How does Alex feel hearing it and what does his reaction suggest to you?
10. What else do they discover while Lisa is under hypnosis?
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)