|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Carrera find Alex after Alex escapes from him?
(a) Under the truck.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the storm room.
(d) Hiding in the woods.
2. What was Alex's nightmare about the night they spent in the inn?
(a) Joanna running from him.
(b) Wayne being killed in the hospital.
(c) Doctors and Rio.
(d) Joanna lying on a steel operating table.
3. What does Joanna tell Inamura?
(a) That the window is a picture rather than a window as she had thought originally.
(b) What she sees outside the window in her dream and what is in the room.
(c) That she does not want to go any further with remembering.
(d) That the window is blackened out.
4. Why did Chelgrin allow Lisa to be brainwashed?
(a) He didn't know about it.
(b) To save her life.
(c) To help his country.
(d) He was interested in the results.
5. What does Joanna confirm about Rotenhausen?
(a) That she recognizes him as someone who broke into her room in Jamaica.
(b) That is the same Herr Doktor from her dreams.
(c) That Rotenhausen speaks with a Russian accent even though he is dressed as a German soldier.
(d) That her father, Senator Chelgrin, used to meet with this man in the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Alex go to get a new license plate for the rental car?
2. Where do Joanna and Alex fly to from England?
3. What does Alex learn from a contact at his firm?
4. What does Peterson tell Alex and Joanna will happen now that the parties involved are all dead?
5. Who is Rotenhausen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Inamura use to free Joanna of the compulsion?
2. What does Chelgrin know about his daughter and what does he seem to feel about her?
3. Who does Joanna find when she goes to look for Alex? What does she learn from him? What theme might be suggested by the encounter?
4. What happens to Joanna and Alex when they arrive in St. Moritz? What does Peterson have to do with it and what might a reader be wondering at this point?
5. What do Alex and Joanna find that show Chelgrin in a different light and what does he have that will help them find Herr Doktor?
6. How does Alex feel about the inn where they stop and what does it make him wonder? What type of theme might his situation bring up?
7. How do Alex and Joanna leave London and what happens that surprises Alex? What does this make him suspect?
8. Where is Alex when he wakes up and what does he do immediately? What does he find and what does it make him wonder?
9. Who is Peterson and how was he involved in the entire situation?
10. How is the theme of romance explored in Chapters 42-44?
This section contains 1,137 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)