|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is odd about Herr Doktor?
(a) He has a mechanical hand.
(b) He has 6 fingers on one hand.
(c) He has two different colored eyes.
(d) He has only one swatch of hair and it's on the back of his head.
2. How does Rotenhausen die?
(a) Broken neck.
(b) Heart attack.
(c) Bleeds out from a neck wound.
(d) Gunshot wound.
3. What does Alex do after he and Joanna are told to meet Chelgrin at his hotel?
(a) He takes Joanna back to their hotel first.
(b) He pays the local man to go to the hotel and pretend to be Alex.
(c) They follow the local man immediately.
(d) He calls Chelgrin first.
4. What does some of what Chelgrin has to tell Alex have to do with?
(a) The Germans.
(b) The political situation in the United States.
(c) The Russians.
(d) The situation in the Middle East.
5. What does Alex think as he enters a library?
(a) It looks ransacked.
(b) It shouldn't be there.
(c) There are no books on the shelves.
(d) It seems very familiar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Inamura tries to get Joanna to remember her life as Lisa Chelgrin?
2. What does a woman do to Joanna after she wakes?
3. What was the name of the inn where Alex and Joanna stopped?
4. How does Carrera get Alex and Joanna out of the hotel?
5. What does Alex do after he breaks Carrera's grip on him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is happening with Alex that might be similar to what was going on with Joanna? What might the reader wonder because of this?
2. Who approaches Joanna and Alex immediately in London? What might the reader wonder and what does the person say that alleviates concern?
3. What else do they discover while Lisa is under hypnosis?
4. What bad decision does Rotenhausen make and how does Joanna use it to save herself?
5. What happens to Alex and Joanna's hotel room and what might this suggest to the reader?
6. What does Inamura use to free Joanna of the compulsion?
7. How does Alex feel about the inn where they stop and what does it make him wonder? What type of theme might his situation bring up?
8. Why did Peterson do what he did and what theme does it touch upon again?
9. How might a reader respond to what is going on with Alex and what is the evidence to suggest that Alex and Joanna are being manipulated?
10. Who is Peterson and how was he involved in the entire situation?
This section contains 984 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)