|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mariko hesitant about?
(a) Singing for the club and still being able to do her managment duties.
(b) About Joanna pursuing the truth of her background.
(c) Becoming romantically involved with a foreigner.
(d) Finding a singer that is as good as Joanna.
2. Where do Joanna and Alex go?
(a) To the police.
(b) To a local museum to meet Chelgrin.
(c) To a local museum to meet Peterson.
(d) To a local museum to meet Carrera.
3. What does Alex do after he and Joanna are told to meet Chelgrin at his hotel?
(a) They follow the local man immediately.
(b) He takes Joanna back to their hotel first.
(c) He pays the local man to go to the hotel and pretend to be Alex.
(d) He calls Chelgrin first.
4. What does Alex do in response to the nightmare he had?
(a) Went for a long walk.
(b) Had a couple of bourbons.
(c) Sat up all night with his gun to his head.
(d) Sat up all night with his gun in his lap.
5. What happens the night they arrive at their destination?
(a) They make love for the first time.
(b) They miss their flight to England.
(c) They are arrested on a trumped-up charge.
(d) They are accosted by Carrera.
Short Answer Questions
1. What awakens Joanna the next morning after her second session with Inamura?
2. What does Alex hear coming from a closed door he has found?
3. What does Thomas Chelgrin tell Lisa was the name of the program he was in from Russia?
4. How does Joanna feel that day?
5. What does Joanna do when Rotenhausen unstraps her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who approaches Joanna and Alex immediately in London? What might the reader wonder and what does the person say that alleviates concern?
2. How is the theme of romance explored in Chapters 42-44?
3. Where does Alex go after he wakes up and what happens there?
4. What does Chelgrin know about his daughter and what does he seem to feel about her?
5. By Chapter 42, how do you think the reader feels about Thomas Chelgrin. How does the character actually turn out?
6. How might a reader respond to what is going on with Alex and what is the evidence to suggest that Alex and Joanna are being manipulated?
7. In terms of narration what do you think Chapters 60-70 do?
8. What does Joanna reveal under hypnosis about Herr Doktor? How does Alex feel hearing it and what does his reaction suggest to you?
9. Who does Joanna find when she goes to look for Alex? What does she learn from him? What theme might be suggested by the encounter?
10. What else do they discover while Lisa is under hypnosis?
This section contains 1,076 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)