|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens the night they arrive at their destination?
(a) They miss their flight to England.
(b) They are accosted by Carrera.
(c) They make love for the first time.
(d) They are arrested on a trumped-up charge.
2. In what condition is Alex when he awakes after being kidnapped?
(a) Strapped to a metal table.
(b) Beaten with a couple of broken ribs.
(c) Tied up on a kitchen floor.
(d) Chained in a basement.
3. What happens when Inamura tries to get Joanna to remember her life as Lisa Chelgrin?
(a) Joanna can only vaguely remember her mother.
(b) Joanna can remember her entire growing up.
(c) Joanna cannot remember anything.
(d) Joanna can remmber much, but not all of her growing up.
4. Where do Joanna and Alex take a train to?
5. What is Mariko hesitant about?
(a) About Joanna pursuing the truth of her background.
(b) Singing for the club and still being able to do her managment duties.
(c) Becoming romantically involved with a foreigner.
(d) Finding a singer that is as good as Joanna.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Alex find his gun?
2. Where do Joanna and Alex fly to from England?
3. To whom does Alex thinks the place he is belongs?
4. What does Carrera do with Alex and Joanna's luggage?
5. What do they find in Chelgrin's room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Alex when he wakes up and what does he do immediately? What does he find and what does it make him wonder?
2. What happens to Joanna and Alex when they arrive in St. Moritz? What does Peterson have to do with it and what might a reader be wondering at this point?
3. How does Alex feel about the inn where they stop and what does it make him wonder? What type of theme might his situation bring up?
4. What else do they discover while Lisa is under hypnosis?
5. In terms of narration what do you think Chapters 60-70 do?
6. By Chapter 42, how do you think the reader feels about Thomas Chelgrin. How does the character actually turn out?
7. Who does Joanna find when she goes to look for Alex? What does she learn from him? What theme might be suggested by the encounter?
8. Where is Peterson in Chapters 53-59, what does he witness, and what might the reader wonder about him because of his behavior?
9. What is Carrera ordered to do when Joanna leaves Japan? How does he feel about the orders? What does his thoughts evoke in the reader?
10. Who approaches Joanna and Alex immediately in London? What might the reader wonder and what does the person say that alleviates concern?
This section contains 1,108 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)