|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joanna feel that day?
(d) Fearful of the nightmare returning.
2. What does the woman do who comes into Joanna's room in the hypnotic remembering?
(a) The woman tries to help Joanna escape.
(b) The woman binds Joanna's hands and feet.
(c) The woman tells Joanna to be a good girl.
(d) The woman gives Joanna a shot.
3. To whom does Alex thinks the place he is belongs?
(d) Thomas Chelgrin.
4. Where is Joanna when she wakes after being kidnapped?
(a) Chained in a basement.
(b) In her father's hotel room.
(c) Strapped to a hospital bed.
(d) Tied up on a kitchen floor.
5. When they arrive at the hotel, about what does Alex have a premonition?
(a) That Peterson is in the lobby.
(b) That Chelgrin means to doublecross them.
(c) That the KGB has an agent in the lobby.
(d) That Chelgrin is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joanna suggest to Mariko?
2. What does Alex learn from a contact at his firm?
3. What does Carrera do to the woman who is at his house?
4. What does Alex do after he and Joanna are told to meet Chelgrin at his hotel?
5. What does Herr Doktor do while Joanna is still under the influence of the drug?
Short Essay Questions
1. What bad decision does Rotenhausen make and how does Joanna use it to save herself?
2. What does Chelgrin know about his daughter and what does he seem to feel about her?
3. How might a reader respond to what is going on with Alex and what is the evidence to suggest that Alex and Joanna are being manipulated?
4. What do Alex and Joanna find that show Chelgrin in a different light and what does he have that will help them find Herr Doktor?
5. What happens to Joanna and Alex when they arrive in St. Moritz? What does Peterson have to do with it and what might a reader be wondering at this point?
6. What happens to Alex and Joanna's hotel room and what might this suggest to the reader?
7. What does Inamura use to free Joanna of the compulsion?
8. What else do they discover while Lisa is under hypnosis?
9. Where is Peterson in Chapters 53-59, what does he witness, and what might the reader wonder about him because of his behavior?
10. Why did Peterson do what he did and what theme does it touch upon again?
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)