|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Carrera get Alex and Joanna out of the hotel?
(a) In a laundry cart.
(b) In a dumb waiter.
(c) Through the kitchen.
(d) By gun point.
2. How is Alex finally able to kill Carrera?
(a) Gunshot to the heart.
(b) Fractured his skull with a tire iron.
(c) Throws him off a cliff.
(d) He breaks his neck.
3. What does Joanna suggest to Mariko?
(a) That Mariko allow Wayne to stay at the nightclub apartments.
(b) That Mariko find a new singer for the nightclub.
(c) That Mariko pursue a relationship with Wayne.
(d) That Mariko assume singing at the club.
4. What does Herr Doktor do when he comes in the room?
(a) Just stands and looks at Joanna.
(b) Hypnotizes Joanna.
(c) Gives Joanna another injection.
(d) Slaps Joanna's face to see if she is still awake.
5. Why do Joanna and Alex go to a residential section of London when they are driving their rental car?
(a) To see how the British live.
(b) To steal another car.
(c) To shake a tail.
(d) To find Joanna's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Carrera find Alex after Alex escapes from him?
2. How does Alex respond to the Herr Doktor's activities?
3. What has Peterson been doing?
4. Why did Chelgrin allow Lisa to be brainwashed?
5. What do they find in Chelgrin's room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Alex and Joanna's hotel room and what might this suggest to the reader?
2. What does Chelgrin know about his daughter and what does he seem to feel about her?
3. Why did Peterson do what he did and what theme does it touch upon again?
4. Who does Joanna find when she goes to look for Alex? What does she learn from him? What theme might be suggested by the encounter?
5. What does the hypnosis session do in the novel as far as narrative technique is concerned?
6. Who is Peterson and how was he involved in the entire situation?
7. What is happening with Alex that might be similar to what was going on with Joanna? What might the reader wonder because of this?
8. Where is Peterson in Chapters 53-59, what does he witness, and what might the reader wonder about him because of his behavior?
9. What does Inamura use to free Joanna of the compulsion?
10. By Chapter 42, how do you think the reader feels about Thomas Chelgrin. How does the character actually turn out?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)