|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mariko hesitant about?
(a) Becoming romantically involved with a foreigner.
(b) Finding a singer that is as good as Joanna.
(c) About Joanna pursuing the truth of her background.
(d) Singing for the club and still being able to do her managment duties.
2. What does Alex throw at Carrera?
(a) A rock.
(b) An iron skillet.
(c) His gun.
(d) A brass lamp.
3. To whom does Alex thinks the place he is belongs?
(b) Thomas Chelgrin.
4. What do Alex and Joanna buy at a department store?
(a) A present for Chelgrin from Joanna.
(c) Umbrellas and a knife for Joanna.
(d) Stuff for disguises.
5. About what does Marlowe think he needs to do concerning his employment?
(a) Looking for anothrer job.
(b) Finding out who is behind Carrera.
(c) Carrera undermining his authority.
(d) Getting the promotion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the woman in the room where Joanna wakes up after being kidnapped laugh when she tells Joanna her name?
2. What does Joanna grab from a nearby tray?
3. Where do Joanna and Alex go?
4. What does Joanna receive?
5. What was Alex's nightmare about the night they spent in the inn?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chelgrin know about his daughter and what does he seem to feel about her?
2. What bad decision does Rotenhausen make and how does Joanna use it to save herself?
3. In terms of narration what do you think Chapters 60-70 do?
4. Who approaches Joanna and Alex immediately in London? What might the reader wonder and what does the person say that alleviates concern?
5. Who is Peterson and how was he involved in the entire situation?
6. Who does Joanna find when she goes to look for Alex? What does she learn from him? What theme might be suggested by the encounter?
7. What else do they discover while Lisa is under hypnosis?
8. Where is Peterson in Chapters 53-59, what does he witness, and what might the reader wonder about him because of his behavior?
9. How is the theme of romance explored in Chapters 42-44?
10. How does Alex feel about the inn where they stop and what does it make him wonder? What type of theme might his situation bring up?
This section contains 1,049 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)