|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joanna grab from a nearby tray?
(a) A wrench.
(b) An IV bottle.
(c) A syringe.
(d) A scalpal.
2. How does Carrera get Alex and Joanna out of the hotel?
(a) In a dumb waiter.
(b) In a laundry cart.
(c) By gun point.
(d) Through the kitchen.
3. What was Alex's nightmare about the night they spent in the inn?
(a) Wayne being killed in the hospital.
(b) Joanna lying on a steel operating table.
(c) Doctors and Rio.
(d) Joanna running from him.
4. What does Joanna confirm about Rotenhausen?
(a) That Rotenhausen speaks with a Russian accent even though he is dressed as a German soldier.
(b) That she recognizes him as someone who broke into her room in Jamaica.
(c) That is the same Herr Doktor from her dreams.
(d) That her father, Senator Chelgrin, used to meet with this man in the United States.
5. What was the name of the inn where Alex and Joanna stopped?
(a) The Heather in the Glen.
(b) The Bell and The Dragon.
(d) The Village Pub and Inn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman do who comes into Joanna's room in the hypnotic remembering?
2. What is odd about Herr Doktor?
3. In what condition does Rotenhausen expect Joanna to be?
4. What is Carrera doing at the opening to Chapter 44?
5. Why is Marlowe concerned about his employment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Alex go after he wakes up and what happens there?
2. What is Carrera ordered to do when Joanna leaves Japan? How does he feel about the orders? What does his thoughts evoke in the reader?
3. What do Alex and Joanna find that show Chelgrin in a different light and what does he have that will help them find Herr Doktor?
4. What is happening with Alex that might be similar to what was going on with Joanna? What might the reader wonder because of this?
5. What does Chelgrin know about his daughter and what does he seem to feel about her?
6. By Chapter 42, how do you think the reader feels about Thomas Chelgrin. How does the character actually turn out?
7. Who approaches Joanna and Alex immediately in London? What might the reader wonder and what does the person say that alleviates concern?
8. Where is Peterson in Chapters 53-59, what does he witness, and what might the reader wonder about him because of his behavior?
9. Who is Peterson and how was he involved in the entire situation?
10. How is the theme of romance explored in Chapters 42-44?
This section contains 1,071 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)