|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Alex's nightmare about the night they spent in the inn?
(a) Joanna lying on a steel operating table.
(b) Joanna running from him.
(c) Wayne being killed in the hospital.
(d) Doctors and Rio.
2. What happens when Inamura tries to get Joanna to remember her life as Lisa Chelgrin?
(a) Joanna can remember her entire growing up.
(b) Joanna can remmber much, but not all of her growing up.
(c) Joanna can only vaguely remember her mother.
(d) Joanna cannot remember anything.
3. Who kills Ursula?
4. How does Alex respond to the Herr Doktor's activities?
(a) He is resigned.
(b) Alex is not listening to this part.
(c) He is outraged.
(d) He is mystified.
5. Why is Marlowe concerned about his employment?
(a) Carrera's threats.
(b) He is not making enough money.
(c) He didn't get a promotion he wanted.
(d) He thinks it might be illegal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carrera do with Alex and Joanna's luggage?
2. How does Carrera get Alex and Joanna out of the hotel?
3. What is odd about Herr Doktor?
4. What does Inamura do to get Joanna to overcome the post-hypnotic suggestion?
5. Where does Carrera find Alex after Alex escapes from him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Peterson and how was he involved in the entire situation?
2. What happens to Joanna and Alex when they arrive in St. Moritz? What does Peterson have to do with it and what might a reader be wondering at this point?
3. How is the theme of romance explored in Chapters 42-44?
4. What does Joanna reveal under hypnosis about Herr Doktor? How does Alex feel hearing it and what does his reaction suggest to you?
5. Who approaches Joanna and Alex immediately in London? What might the reader wonder and what does the person say that alleviates concern?
6. In terms of narration what do you think Chapters 60-70 do?
7. Why did Peterson do what he did and what theme does it touch upon again?
8. What does Inamura use to free Joanna of the compulsion?
9. What else do they discover while Lisa is under hypnosis?
10. By Chapter 42, how do you think the reader feels about Thomas Chelgrin. How does the character actually turn out?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)