|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alex think as he enters a library?
(a) There are no books on the shelves.
(b) It seems very familiar.
(c) It shouldn't be there.
(d) It looks ransacked.
2. What does Peterson tell Alex and Joanna will happen now that the parties involved are all dead?
(a) They will be safe.
(b) They will have to change their identities.
(c) The CIA will keep close tabs on them.
(d) The Russians will come for them.
3. Why is Marlowe concerned about his employment?
(a) He didn't get a promotion he wanted.
(b) He thinks it might be illegal.
(c) He is not making enough money.
(d) Carrera's threats.
4. What does the caller tell Chelgrin?
(a) That Chelgrin is to pull out of politics.
(b) Where and when to meet a secret contact.
(c) That Lisa is looking for Chelgrin.
(d) That Lisa is dead.
5. What happens when Inamura tries to get Joanna to remember her life as Lisa Chelgrin?
(a) Joanna can remember her entire growing up.
(b) Joanna can remmber much, but not all of her growing up.
(c) Joanna can only vaguely remember her mother.
(d) Joanna cannot remember anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Joanna and Alex go?
2. What does Alex do with it after he finds his gun?
3. What does Inamura do to get Joanna to overcome the post-hypnotic suggestion?
4. Who is Anson Peterson?
5. What is Mariko hesitant about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who approaches Joanna and Alex immediately in London? What might the reader wonder and what does the person say that alleviates concern?
2. What is happening with Alex that might be similar to what was going on with Joanna? What might the reader wonder because of this?
3. How do Alex and Joanna leave London and what happens that surprises Alex? What does this make him suspect?
4. What does the hypnosis session do in the novel as far as narrative technique is concerned?
5. Where does Alex go after he wakes up and what happens there?
6. What does Chelgrin know about his daughter and what does he seem to feel about her?
7. What else do they discover while Lisa is under hypnosis?
8. Where is Peterson in Chapters 53-59, what does he witness, and what might the reader wonder about him because of his behavior?
9. How is the theme of romance explored in Chapters 42-44?
10. How does Alex feel about the inn where they stop and what does it make him wonder? What type of theme might his situation bring up?
This section contains 1,069 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)