|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the attack subsides, how does Joanna feel?
(a) Free for the first time in years.
(b) Angry at Alex.
(c) Extremely depressed.
2. What happens as they look at the photos?
(a) Joanna has a panic attack.
(b) Joanna faints.
(c) Joanna starts screaming.
(d) Joanna suddenly remembers everything.
3. What is the Gion?
(a) Tokyo's entertainment district.
(b) Kyoto's entertainment district.
(c) A special type of Saki.
(d) A wine grown locally.
4. Who joins Alex to sit with Wayne?
(c) No one.
(d) A nurse.
5. Why does Alex know about the missing daughter of the Senator?
(a) His brother was hired to find her.
(b) He read about it in the newspapers.
(c) He was hired to find her.
(d) He was an acquaintance of the Senator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thomas survive?
2. Who is Lisa Chelgrin?
3. What does Joanna do after her set?
4. What does Inamura think is the reason for the panic attack?
5. When Alex asks if Joanna will let him tell her more about the Chelgrin family, what is her response?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Joanna that might suggest she is Lisa? What do you think it might mean?
2. What does Joanna do in response to her depression and her decision to push Alex away?
3. What does Alex tell Joanna when they meet and how does she respond?
4. In terms of narration what do you think Chapters 60-70 do?
5. What type of foreshadow might be implied by Mariko's assessment of Joanna and Alex?
6. What does Alex show Joanna and how does she feel about it?
7. What does Carrera learn about Joanna from a phone call and how does he respond? What might the reader deduce from this response?
8. Where is Alex when he wakes up and what does he do immediately? What does he find and what does it make him wonder?
9. What else do they discover while Lisa is under hypnosis?
10. What happens to Alex and Joanna's hotel room and what might this suggest to the reader?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)