|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Alex question the existence of the lawyer?
(a) The lawyer never once contacted Joanna after giving her the inheiritance.
(b) Joanna never actually meets him.
(c) Joanna can offer no specific details though he is a family friend.
(d) The lawyer's language in the letter is not legalese.
2. Who joins Alex to sit with Wayne?
(a) A nurse.
(d) No one.
3. What does Alex tell Mariko to tell Wayne?
(a) That his arm has to be amputated.
(b) That he has to have more surgery.
(c) That his leg is amputated.
(d) Not to let the police know the men were trying to steal the Chelgrin file.
4. What happens as they look at the photos?
(a) Joanna suddenly remembers everything.
(b) Joanna faints.
(c) Joanna starts screaming.
(d) Joanna has a panic attack.
5. What is the phone call to Alex about the next morning?
(a) A plea to leave Joanna alone or they will have to kill her.
(b) A statement that Alex is about to receive a warning to stay away from Joanna.
(c) His office saying he has to get back to the States immediately.
(d) The FBI telling him to back off from investigating Joanna.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the briefcase?
2. What do Alex and Joanna do before going through the Chelgrin file?
3. What is an indication that the man who Alex attacks is a professional?
4. Who calls Alex about Joanna?
5. From where does an intruder jump Alex?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alex tell Joanna about love and how does she feel about his assertions? What might this conversation establish for the reader?
2. What evidence does Joanna show Alex and what does he do with it?
3. What do you think the episode with Wayne shows about the people who kidnapped Lisa?
4. With all the evidence in place, what does Mariko suggests? What might this foreshadow and what is the ultimate outcome?
5. What does Alex realize about Joanna when he keeps thinking about her?
6. What do you think Joanna's behavior might indicate?
7. Why does Joanna run from Nijo Castle and what does she do after she gets outside?
8. Where does Alex go with Joanna and what becomes clear to them about her?
9. What happens to Joanna that might suggest she is Lisa? What do you think it might mean?
10. What does Carrera learn about Joanna from a phone call and how does he respond? What might the reader deduce from this response?
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)