|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alex tell Mariko to tell Wayne?
(a) That his arm has to be amputated.
(b) That his leg is amputated.
(c) Not to let the police know the men were trying to steal the Chelgrin file.
(d) That he has to have more surgery.
2. What does Wayne's doctor tell him?
(a) They had to amputate part of his leg.
(b) They are able to save his leg.
(c) The leg is fine but his arm has to be amputated at the elbow.
(d) They had to put 2 pins in but they still may not save the leg.
3. What does Alex say about Senator Chelgrin?
(a) That Chelgrin may not believe it after these many years.
(b) That Alex never trusted Chelgrin, who may be behind Lisa's kidnapping.
(c) That Chelgrin is deceased.
(d) That Chelgrin will be delighted.
4. What does Alex attempt to do when conversing with Joanna?
(a) Find out if Joanna is seeing anyone romantically.
(b) Learn how she learned to sing so well.
(c) Convince Joanna to move to the United States and open a nightclub with him.
(d) Determine if she might be Lisa Chelgrin.
5. What does Alex ask the man he disables?
(a) Why he is following Alex.
(b) What the man's wife did to deserve such violence.
(d) Why he would pick on a defenseless elderly woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What have the paramedics done to Joanna?
2. What does Alex suspect when he enters his motel room?
3. About what does Alex ask detailed questions?
4. What sets Joanna into a terrible panic attack?
5. What does Alex call Joanna?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Alex call in connection with Joanna and what does he learn? What does Joanna do?
2. What does Carrera learn about Joanna from a phone call and how does he respond? What might the reader deduce from this response?
3. What does Mariko tell Alex about Joanna and men?
4. What does Joanna do in response to her depression and her decision to push Alex away?
5. What happens to Joanna that might suggest she is Lisa? What do you think it might mean?
6. How does Joanna wake from her recurring nightmare? How often does she have it and why do you think she will not do anything about it?
7. Who comes to the hospital and sits with Wayne and why do you think this person does that?
8. Why does Joanna run from Nijo Castle and what does she do after she gets outside?
9. Why would Alex know about Lisa Chelgrin?
10. What does Alex tell Joanna about Thomas Chelgrin and his daugther?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)