|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Alex and Joanna start kissing?
(a) Alex stops it, saying that he wants it to be at the right time.
(b) Joanna tells him that she is not interested in him except as a friend.
(c) Joanna says she wants to go to bed with Alex.
(d) Joanna stops it with a panic attack.
2. What does Alex do when he hears about Joanna?
(a) He calls his private physician.
(b) He goes after the man who followed him.
(c) He packs his suitcase.
(d) He rushes to the hotel.
3. Who does Alex attack?
(a) A man who is following him.
(b) A man who is beating his wife.
(c) A thief who took an elderly woman's purse.
(d) A thief who attacks several teens.
4. Why does Alex suggest he move in to a spare room at the night club?
(a) To be closer to Joanna.
(b) To save money.
(c) To protect Joanna.
(d) To throw his pursuers off his trail.
5. What does the man say in response?
(a) Because his wife looked at another man in a familiar way.
(b) The teens stole from him first.
(c) Because he knows the elderly woman has more money than she needs.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where does an intruder jump Alex?
2. What concerns the man calling Carrera?
3. What does Alex tell Mariko when she returns from the hospital?
4. Who calls Alex about Joanna?
5. Who is waiting for Joanna to start her first set of the night?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Alex go with Joanna and what becomes clear to them about her?
2. What does Alex do at the hospital, who does he call, and what does he tell that person?
3. Why would Alex know about Lisa Chelgrin?
4. What do Alex and Joanna do after eating lunch?
5. What does Alex tell Joanna when they meet and how does she respond?
6. What does Alex realize about Joanna when he keeps thinking about her?
7. Who does Alex call in connection with Joanna and what does he learn? What does Joanna do?
8. What has happened to Wayne Kennedy and how is he reacting to it?
9. Where was Joanna born and why is she in Japan?
10. What does Mariko encourage Alex to do and why?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)