|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What proof does the letters Joanna has offer of her past?
(a) An inheiritance and life insurance policy payout.
(b) Letters from several aunts.
(c) Letters from a grandmother.
(d) Letters from her mother and father.
2. Who is Ignacio Carrera?
(a) A psychiatrist who specializes in brainwashing.
(b) One of Alex's employees.
(c) A bodyguard hired to protect Wayne.
(d) A hired killer who takes a great deal of pleasure in killing.
3. What concerns the man calling Carrera?
(a) That Joanna will go to England and make some discoveries.
(b) That Carrera's fees are too high.
(c) That the hypnotherapy will cause too much emotional trauma.
(d) That Wayne is not protected enough in the hospital.
4. Where do Alex and Joanna go after the Nijo Castle?
(a) To the movies.
(b) To the Moonglow.
(c) To Alex's motel room.
(d) To the hospital.
5. What is required before Joanna can give any more information?
(a) A break because she has been under so long.
(b) Sodium pentathol.
(c) A passcode in response to what she says.
(d) A different approach.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kennedy go after speaking with Alex?
2. Why is Joanna depressed?
3. Why is Kennedy refusing medical assistance?
4. What happens when Joanna decides not to see Alex again?
5. Where is Joanna born?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alex tell Joanna about Thomas Chelgrin and his daugther?
2. What does Mariko encourage Alex to do and why?
3. What does Alex realize about Joanna when he keeps thinking about her?
4. How is the tension increased by the end of Chapter 17?
5. Describe what happens in Joanna's session with Inamura.
6. What type of foreshadow might be implied by Mariko's assessment of Joanna and Alex?
7. What does Joanna do in response to her depression and her decision to push Alex away?
8. What do you think Joanna's behavior might indicate?
9. What does Joanna have when she gets back in her apartment and what do you think might be the reason?
10. What nightmare awakens Joanna at the beginning of the novel and what does she do when she gets up?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)