|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alex say about Senator Chelgrin?
(a) That Chelgrin will be delighted.
(b) That Chelgrin may not believe it after these many years.
(c) That Alex never trusted Chelgrin, who may be behind Lisa's kidnapping.
(d) That Chelgrin is deceased.
2. What does Alex call Joanna?
(a) An imbecile.
(b) An emotional wreck.
3. How does Thomas Chelgrin make his fortune?
(a) Owing a car dealership.
(c) Good stock investments.
(d) Real Estate.
4. What does Alex tell Mariko when she returns from the hospital?
(a) His conviction that Joanna is Lisa Chelgrin.
(b) That Wayne is in danger.
(c) That they must contact Senator Chelgrin.
(d) That Joanna must travel to England.
5. Who does Joanna think is the cause of the attack?
(a) Remembering everything.
(b) The sushi she has for dinner.
(c) The picture of her Senator Chelgrin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Joanna's response?
2. What does Alex tell Mariko to tell Wayne?
3. What does Alex discover when he gets to the Moonglow?
4. Why does Alex rush to Joanna's room?
5. Under what pseudonym is The Key to Midnight first written?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alex tell Joanna about love and how does she feel about his assertions? What might this conversation establish for the reader?
2. What does Mariko tell Alex about Joanna and men?
3. Why did Peterson do what he did and what theme does it touch upon again?
4. What has happened to Wayne Kennedy and how is he reacting to it?
5. How does Alex feel about the inn where they stop and what does it make him wonder? What type of theme might his situation bring up?
6. What do you think the episode with Wayne shows about the people who kidnapped Lisa?
7. Where was Joanna born and why is she in Japan?
8. Where does Alex go after he wakes up and what happens there?
9. Why is Alex in Japan and why did he stay?
10. How might a reader respond to what is going on with Alex and what is the evidence to suggest that Alex and Joanna are being manipulated?
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)