|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Alex ask detailed questions?
(a) Senator Chelgrin.
(b) Joanna's parents.
(c) Joanna's siblings.
(d) Lisa Chelgrin.
2. Why does Alex know about the missing daughter of the Senator?
(a) He was hired to find her.
(b) He read about it in the newspapers.
(c) He was an acquaintance of the Senator.
(d) His brother was hired to find her.
3. With what is Alex enchanted?
(a) The Moonglow Lounge and Joanna Rand.
4. What does Joanna say when Inamura asks what is outside the window?
(a) Joanna suddenly begins reciting an odd sentence.
(b) Joanna describes a harbor scene.
(c) Joanna describes snow-capped mountains.
(d) Joanna describes what has to be Seattle, Washington.
5. When a man seems to be getting too close to Joanna, what happens?
(a) She clings to him and then becomes distraught when the relationship ends.
(b) She gets frightened of commitment.
(c) She refuses to see the man.
(d) She becomes a different person.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Alex and Joanna start kissing?
2. Who does Alex attack?
3. After the attack subsides, how does Joanna feel?
4. What does Joanna believe is the cause of her panic attack?
5. What does Alex tell Mariko when she returns from the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the tension increased by the end of Chapter 17?
2. Why would Alex know about Lisa Chelgrin?
3. What does Alex tell Joanna about Thomas Chelgrin and his daugther?
4. What does Carrera learn about Joanna from a phone call and how does he respond? What might the reader deduce from this response?
5. Who comes to the hospital and sits with Wayne and why do you think this person does that?
6. What does Joanna have when she gets back in her apartment and what do you think might be the reason?
7. What has happened to Wayne Kennedy and how is he reacting to it?
8. What nightmare awakens Joanna at the beginning of the novel and what does she do when she gets up?
9. What does Alex realize about Joanna when he keeps thinking about her?
10. With all the evidence in place, what does Mariko suggests? What might this foreshadow and what is the ultimate outcome?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)