|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Joanna decide to take too many sleeping pills?
(a) She gets confused about how many she has already taken.
(b) To end her pain.
(c) To punish Alex.
(d) She does not know why.
2. What does Mariko suggest?
(a) Sleeping on the whole thing.
(b) Hypnotherapy with Mariko's uncle.
(c) Traveling to England to check out the letters more thoroughly.
(d) Traveling to the United States.
3. When does Joanna have a panic attack?
(a) When she is asked to give a description of a room.
(b) When she is asked about her coming to Japan.
(c) When she is asked to name her school chums.
(d) When she is asked to gvie the address where she grows up.
4. What is the Moonglow Lounge?
(a) A honky tonk club in New Orleans where Joanna first learns to sing.
(b) A nightclub in NYC after which Joanna patterns her nightclub.
(c) Joanna's nightclub.
(d) The nightclub with whom Joanna has the most competition.
5. What is in the briefcase?
(c) The Chelgrin file.
(d) Top secret papers from the FBI.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what is Alex enchanted?
2. Who joins Alex to sit with Wayne?
3. Why does Alex question the existence of the lawyer?
4. Where do Alex and Joanna go after the Nijo Castle?
5. What does Alex tell Mariko to tell Wayne?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alex tell Joanna when they meet and how does she respond?
2. What does Alex tell Joanna about love and how does she feel about his assertions? What might this conversation establish for the reader?
3. What does Joanna have when she gets back in her apartment and what do you think might be the reason?
4. Why does Joanna run from Nijo Castle and what does she do after she gets outside?
5. What does Alex show Joanna and how does she feel about it?
6. What nightmare awakens Joanna at the beginning of the novel and what does she do when she gets up?
7. What new character is introduced in Chapter 32 and what might the reader suspect about him and why?
8. Why is Alex in Japan and why did he stay?
9. What does Carrera learn about Joanna from a phone call and how does he respond? What might the reader deduce from this response?
10. With all the evidence in place, what does Mariko suggests? What might this foreshadow and what is the ultimate outcome?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)