|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Moonglow Lounge?
(a) A honky tonk club in New Orleans where Joanna first learns to sing.
(b) The nightclub with whom Joanna has the most competition.
(c) A nightclub in NYC after which Joanna patterns her nightclub.
(d) Joanna's nightclub.
2. Of what does Joanna assure everyone?
(a) That she did not attempt to kill herself; she just got confused.
(b) She does not say anything.
(c) That she will not do such a stupid thing again.
(d) That she will see a psychiatrist in the morning.
3. What happens when Joanna calls the number of the insurance company that issued the life insurance check?
(a) The company verifies Joanna's claim.
(b) The company never existed.
(c) The number is out of service.
(d) The records are destroyed after seven years.
4. What does Thomas survive?
(a) A train wreck where everyone else is killed.
(b) Being a prisoner of war in WWII.
(c) Being a prisoner of war in Vietnam.
(d) A plane crash where everyone else is killed.
5. What does Alex tell Mariko to tell Wayne?
(a) That he has to have more surgery.
(b) That his arm has to be amputated.
(c) That his leg is amputated.
(d) Not to let the police know the men were trying to steal the Chelgrin file.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the man warn Alex?
2. What does Joanna do after her set?
3. How long does Alex intend to stay in Japan?
4. What happens when Alex and Joanna start kissing?
5. What is happening in Joanna's nightmare?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Mariko Inamura to Joanna and what does she suggest to Joanna?
2. Describe what happens in Joanna's session with Inamura.
3. How does Joanna wake from her recurring nightmare? How often does she have it and why do you think she will not do anything about it?
4. What does Alex show Joanna and how does she feel about it?
5. What does Mariko encourage Alex to do and why?
6. What does Alex do at the hospital, who does he call, and what does he tell that person?
7. When does Alex next see Joanna and what does he try to do at first?
8. Why does Joanna run from Nijo Castle and what does she do after she gets outside?
9. What do you think Joanna's behavior might indicate?
10. What does Carrera learn about Joanna from a phone call and how does he respond? What might the reader deduce from this response?
This section contains 984 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)