|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Alex know about the missing daughter of the Senator?
(a) He was an acquaintance of the Senator.
(b) His brother was hired to find her.
(c) He read about it in the newspapers.
(d) He was hired to find her.
2. Where do Alex and Joanna go after the Nijo Castle?
(a) To the Moonglow.
(b) To the hospital.
(c) To Alex's motel room.
(d) To the movies.
3. Who is Mariko Inamura?
(a) Joanna's sister-in-law.
(b) The only other female nightclub owner in Japan.
(c) Joanna's manager.
(d) The woman for whom Alex is searching.
4. To what field does Thomas turn his attention after becoming wealthy?
(c) Missionary work.
5. Who has a gun?
(a) A man following Alex.
(c) The thief who steals the woman's purse.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of whom does Alex suddenly realize Joanna resembles?
2. What does Mariko suggest?
3. What does the bellhop come to tell Alex?
4. What seems to match completely?
5. Why does Alex question the existence of the lawyer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why would Alex know about Lisa Chelgrin?
2. Where does Alex go with Joanna and what becomes clear to them about her?
3. Why does Joanna run from Nijo Castle and what does she do after she gets outside?
4. What does Alex tell Joanna when they meet and how does she respond?
5. Who comes to the hospital and sits with Wayne and why do you think this person does that?
6. With all the evidence in place, what does Mariko suggests? What might this foreshadow and what is the ultimate outcome?
7. What does Joanna finally decide about her nightmares and why do you think Alex agreed to help?
8. What new character is introduced in Chapter 32 and what might the reader suspect about him and why?
9. What does Joanna have when she gets back in her apartment and what do you think might be the reason?
10. Where was Joanna born and why is she in Japan?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)