|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What proof does the letters Joanna has offer of her past?
(a) Letters from her mother and father.
(b) Letters from several aunts.
(c) Letters from a grandmother.
(d) An inheiritance and life insurance policy payout.
2. What reason does Joanna offer Alex for her panic attack?
(a) She says she remembers her father has only one arm.
(b) She says she does not know what set it off.
(c) She refuses to even discuss it.
(d) She tells him about the dream.
3. Where does Joanna say she grew up?
(c) The United States.
4. When Inamura regresses Joanna to the period before her parents die, how does she describe them?
(a) She can describe her father but not her mother.
(b) She is unable to do so.
(c) She gives very detailed descriptions.
(d) She can describe her mother but not her father.
5. What does Alex attempt to do when conversing with Joanna?
(a) Find out if Joanna is seeing anyone romantically.
(b) Learn how she learned to sing so well.
(c) Convince Joanna to move to the United States and open a nightclub with him.
(d) Determine if she might be Lisa Chelgrin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Joanna calls the number of the insurance company that issued the life insurance check?
2. What have the paramedics done to Joanna?
3. What does Alex say about Senator Chelgrin?
4. Who joins Alex to sit with Wayne?
5. What does Alex tell Mariko to tell Wayne?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Carrera ordered to do when Joanna leaves Japan? How does he feel about the orders? What does his thoughts evoke in the reader?
2. With all the evidence in place, what does Mariko suggests? What might this foreshadow and what is the ultimate outcome?
3. How does Joanna wake from her recurring nightmare? How often does she have it and why do you think she will not do anything about it?
4. Who approaches Joanna and Alex immediately in London? What might the reader wonder and what does the person say that alleviates concern?
5. What does Inamura use to free Joanna of the compulsion?
6. Why would Alex know about Lisa Chelgrin?
7. Who does Joanna find when she goes to look for Alex? What does she learn from him? What theme might be suggested by the encounter?
8. How is the tension increased by the end of Chapter 17?
9. Where is Peterson in Chapters 53-59, what does he witness, and what might the reader wonder about him because of his behavior?
10. How is the theme of romance explored in Chapters 42-44?
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)