|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thomas survive?
(a) Being a prisoner of war in WWII.
(b) A train wreck where everyone else is killed.
(c) A plane crash where everyone else is killed.
(d) Being a prisoner of war in Vietnam.
2. What does Kennedy tell Alex about the briefcase?
(a) It was stolen.
(b) Some men attempted to steal it.
(c) It was smashed beyond repair.
(d) It fell into a manhole where Kennedy was hit.
3. What does Alex tell Mariko to tell Wayne?
(a) Not to let the police know the men were trying to steal the Chelgrin file.
(b) That his arm has to be amputated.
(c) That his leg is amputated.
(d) That he has to have more surgery.
4. How does the man warn Alex?
(a) That Alex will be killed if he continues his involvment with Joanne.
(b) That the police will believe the Japanese man over Alex.
(c) That Westerners should stay out of the Japanese private matters.
(d) That the teens will turn around and thank Alex by stealing from him.
5. Where does Kennedy go after speaking with Alex?
(a) To the hospital.
(b) Back to the airport.
(c) To the nightclub owned by Joanna.
(d) To his hotel room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Moonglow Lounge?
2. What is in the briefcase?
3. Why does Alex wander around the entertainment district?
4. What does Inamura think is the reason for the panic attack?
5. When Inamura regresses Joanna to the period before her parents die, how does she describe them?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who comes to the hospital and sits with Wayne and why do you think this person does that?
2. What do Alex and Joanna do after eating lunch?
3. What type of foreshadow might be implied by Mariko's assessment of Joanna and Alex?
4. What do you think Joanna's behavior might indicate?
5. Where does Alex go with Joanna and what becomes clear to them about her?
6. With all the evidence in place, what does Mariko suggests? What might this foreshadow and what is the ultimate outcome?
7. What does Carrera learn about Joanna from a phone call and how does he respond? What might the reader deduce from this response?
8. What does Alex realize about Joanna when he keeps thinking about her?
9. What do you think Alex feels about Joanna despite his cynicism?
10. What does Alex show Joanna and how does she feel about it?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)