Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Joanna depressed?
(a) About the finances at the nightclub.
(b) At feeling so alone in the world.
(c) About the dream she keeps having.
(d) About her decision to freeze Alex out of her life.
2. Where is Joanna born?
(b) The United States.
3. Who does Joanna think is the cause of the attack?
(b) The picture of her Senator Chelgrin.
(c) The sushi she has for dinner.
(d) Remembering everything.
4. What does Kennedy tell Alex about the briefcase?
(a) It fell into a manhole where Kennedy was hit.
(b) It was smashed beyond repair.
(c) It was stolen.
(d) Some men attempted to steal it.
5. What is the Demolished Man?
(a) A science fiction novel.
(b) A poem by T. S. Eliot.
(c) A short story by Willa Cather.
(d) A code name for a top secret CIA operation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Alex and Joanna start kissing?
2. Why does Joanna decide to take too many sleeping pills?
3. Who joins Alex to sit with Wayne?
4. What does Alex say about Senator Chelgrin?
5. What does Alex tell Mariko when she returns from the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What evidence does Joanna show Alex and what does he do with it?
2. What does Joanna have when she gets back in her apartment and what do you think might be the reason?
3. What does Alex tell Joanna about love and how does she feel about his assertions? What might this conversation establish for the reader?
4. What is happening with Alex that might be similar to what was going on with Joanna? What might the reader wonder because of this?
5. What does Carrera learn about Joanna from a phone call and how does he respond? What might the reader deduce from this response?
6. What does Joanna do in response to her depression and her decision to push Alex away?
7. What happens to Alex and Joanna's hotel room and what might this suggest to the reader?
8. What do you think Joanna's behavior might indicate?
9. What does Alex tell Joanna when they meet and how does she respond?
10. Emotionally, how might the reader respond to the malice Carrera seems to carry?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)