|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Alex question the existence of the lawyer?
(a) Joanna can offer no specific details though he is a family friend.
(b) The lawyer's language in the letter is not legalese.
(c) The lawyer never once contacted Joanna after giving her the inheiritance.
(d) Joanna never actually meets him.
2. How does Inaumra quell the panic attack?
(a) Flashing a light in her eyes.
(b) By assuring Joanna she is safe and will not be harmed if she can describe what she sees.
(c) Lightly slapping her on the face.
(d) Giving her an injection of a mild tranquilizer.
3. What is Alex aware of when he drives back to his hotel?
(a) A red car is following him.
(b) A taxi is following him.
(c) Nothing; he is too concerned for Joanna.
(d) The bouncer at the club looks familiar.
4. What does Alex discover when he gets to the Moonglow?
(a) The doorman refuses entry to Alex.
(b) The police force Alex to leave the club.
(c) The club is closed for the night.
(d) Joanna is ill and not performing.
5. Why is Joanna depressed?
(a) About the finances at the nightclub.
(b) At feeling so alone in the world.
(c) About the dream she keeps having.
(d) About her decision to freeze Alex out of her life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joanna agree to do?
2. After the attack subsides, how does Joanna feel?
3. What seems to match completely?
4. About what does Alex ask detailed questions?
5. What does Alex tell Joanna about on the way back to the Moonglow?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alex do at the hospital, who does he call, and what does he tell that person?
2. Who does Alex call in connection with Joanna and what does he learn? What does Joanna do?
3. How does Joanna wake from her recurring nightmare? How often does she have it and why do you think she will not do anything about it?
4. What does Alex tell Joanna about love and how does she feel about his assertions? What might this conversation establish for the reader?
5. What new character is introduced in Chapter 32 and what might the reader suspect about him and why?
6. What happens to Joanna that might suggest she is Lisa? What do you think it might mean?
7. With all the evidence in place, what does Mariko suggests? What might this foreshadow and what is the ultimate outcome?
8. What does Mariko tell Alex about Joanna and men?
9. What does Joanna finally decide about her nightmares and why do you think Alex agreed to help?
10. Who is Mariko Inamura to Joanna and what does she suggest to Joanna?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)