|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Joanna in Chapter 1?
(a) Kyoto, Japan.
(c) Beijing, China.
(d) Tokyo, Japan.
2. What happens when Alex and Joanna start kissing?
(a) Joanna stops it with a panic attack.
(b) Joanna tells him that she is not interested in him except as a friend.
(c) Joanna says she wants to go to bed with Alex.
(d) Alex stops it, saying that he wants it to be at the right time.
3. What is required before Joanna can give any more information?
(a) A different approach.
(b) Sodium pentathol.
(c) A passcode in response to what she says.
(d) A break because she has been under so long.
4. Where does Inamura next take Joanna in the session?
(a) To the room in her nightmares.
(b) To Jamaica where Lisa is kidnapped.
(c) To describe her favorite school teacher.
(d) To describe the lawyer.
5. What happens to Joanna as soon as she is alone in her apartment?
(a) She is attacked by a hooded man.
(b) She has a panic attack.
(c) A man comes to see her.
(d) She throws up several times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Gion?
2. Why does Joanna decide to take too many sleeping pills?
3. What is the Demolished Man?
4. With what is Alex enchanted?
5. Where does the phone number on the lawyer's letter ring?
Short Essay Questions
1. What evidence does Joanna show Alex and what does he do with it?
2. Who does Alex call in connection with Joanna and what does he learn? What does Joanna do?
3. What does Mariko encourage Alex to do and why?
4. What does Joanna finally decide about her nightmares and why do you think Alex agreed to help?
5. How is the tension increased by the end of Chapter 17?
6. What new character is introduced in Chapter 32 and what might the reader suspect about him and why?
7. Emotionally, how might the reader respond to the malice Carrera seems to carry?
8. Who comes to the hospital and sits with Wayne and why do you think this person does that?
9. Why would Alex know about Lisa Chelgrin?
10. What does Alex realize about Joanna when he keeps thinking about her?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)