|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Alex know about the missing daughter of the Senator?
(a) He was an acquaintance of the Senator.
(b) He was hired to find her.
(c) He read about it in the newspapers.
(d) His brother was hired to find her.
2. Of what does Joanna assure everyone?
(a) That she will not do such a stupid thing again.
(b) That she will see a psychiatrist in the morning.
(c) She does not say anything.
(d) That she did not attempt to kill herself; she just got confused.
3. What does Alex tell Mariko when she returns from the hospital?
(a) His conviction that Joanna is Lisa Chelgrin.
(b) That they must contact Senator Chelgrin.
(c) That Joanna must travel to England.
(d) That Wayne is in danger.
4. What sets Joanna into a terrible panic attack?
(a) Alex telling a joke about a doctor and a hypodermic syringe.
(b) Seeing a hospital.
(c) Seeing a man with one arm at the castle.
(d) Telling Alex she is from England.
5. Who is the star attraction in the lounge of Joanna's nightclub?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alex tell Joanna about on the way back to the Moonglow?
2. Who calls Alex about Joanna?
3. Who is Mariko Inamura?
4. When Alex is fighting the man, what happens to stop the fight?
5. What concerns the man calling Carrera?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens in Joanna's session with Inamura.
2. What nightmare awakens Joanna at the beginning of the novel and what does she do when she gets up?
3. Who does Alex call in connection with Joanna and what does he learn? What does Joanna do?
4. Why would Alex know about Lisa Chelgrin?
5. How does Joanna wake from her recurring nightmare? How often does she have it and why do you think she will not do anything about it?
6. Why is Alex in Japan and why did he stay?
7. What does Mariko encourage Alex to do and why?
8. What happens to Joanna that might suggest she is Lisa? What do you think it might mean?
9. What do you think Joanna's behavior might indicate?
10. What has happened to Wayne Kennedy and how is he reacting to it?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)