Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joanna say she is doing in the room?
(a) She is strapped to a bed, naked.
(b) She is fighting with a large woman.
(c) She is looking into a machine that flashes red lights.
(d) She is sleeping.
2. Who is Wayne Kennedy?
(a) The assistant director of the FBI.
(b) Alex's boss.
(c) Alex's brother-in-law.
(d) An agent with Alex's security firm.
3. What does Alex suspect when he enters his motel room?
(a) That Joanna will not see him again.
(b) That the room service is not hotel staff.
(c) That Mariko will have some answers for Alex.
(d) That someone has been inside his room.
4. What is Joanna's response?
(a) She does not understand why Alex calls her by the wrong name.
(b) She gets irate.
(c) She agrees that she is in an emotional state at the moment.
(d) She pretends to not hear Alex.
5. What is happening in Joanna's nightmare?
(a) A man with a mechanical hand is standing over her reaching for a hypodermic needle.
(b) A man with a mechanical arm is staring at Joanna who is on the subway.
(c) A man with a mechanical eye is staring at Joanna.
(d) A man with a hypodermic is injecting Joanna's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Inamura think is the reason for the panic attack?
2. Why can't Alex sleep?
3. How long does Alex intend to stay in Japan?
4. What does Joanna say when Inamura first asks her about the name Lisa Chelgrin?
5. What proof does the letters Joanna has offer of her past?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Joanna run from Nijo Castle and what does she do after she gets outside?
2. Emotionally, how might the reader respond to the malice Carrera seems to carry?
3. In terms of narration what do you think Chapters 60-70 do?
4. How might a reader respond to what is going on with Alex and what is the evidence to suggest that Alex and Joanna are being manipulated?
5. With all the evidence in place, what does Mariko suggests? What might this foreshadow and what is the ultimate outcome?
6. Who is Mariko Inamura to Joanna and what does she suggest to Joanna?
7. What type of foreshadow might be implied by Mariko's assessment of Joanna and Alex?
8. Where is Peterson in Chapters 53-59, what does he witness, and what might the reader wonder about him because of his behavior?
9. What does Mariko tell Alex about Joanna and men?
10. What is Carrera ordered to do when Joanna leaves Japan? How does he feel about the orders? What does his thoughts evoke in the reader?
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)