|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the bellhop come to tell Alex?
(a) That there is a man to see him downstairs.
(b) That there has been an accident downstairs.
(c) That the room has to be vacated today.
(d) That Joanna is downstairs.
2. Where is Joanna in Chapter 1?
(b) Tokyo, Japan.
(c) Beijing, China.
(d) Kyoto, Japan.
3. What do Alex and Joanna do before going through the Chelgrin file?
(a) Joanna gets hypnotized.
(b) Have dinner.
(c) Joanna takes a tranquilizer.
(d) Joanna does some relaxation exercises.
4. Who is waiting for Joanna to start her first set of the night?
(a) Alex Hunter.
(b) Thom Hunter.
(c) Alan Seemore.
(d) Alex Mariko.
5. What fascinates Joanna?
(a) How she looks so much like Lisa Chelgrin.
(b) That Alex could see the resemblance between her and Lisa since Joanna cannot see it.
(c) That someone is going to so much trouble to keep Joanna's identity secure.
(d) That Alex ends up where Joanna is living.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joanna agree to do?
2. Where does Kennedy go after speaking with Alex?
3. Why does Mariko think Joanna should see a psychiatrist?
4. How does Inaumra quell the panic attack?
5. What does Alex attempt to do when conversing with Joanna?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Joanna that might suggest she is Lisa? What do you think it might mean?
2. What new character is introduced in Chapter 32 and what might the reader suspect about him and why?
3. What does Joanna have when she gets back in her apartment and what do you think might be the reason?
4. With all the evidence in place, what does Mariko suggests? What might this foreshadow and what is the ultimate outcome?
5. What does Alex tell Joanna when they meet and how does she respond?
6. Why does Joanna run from Nijo Castle and what does she do after she gets outside?
7. Why would Alex know about Lisa Chelgrin?
8. How is the tension increased by the end of Chapter 17?
9. What has happened to Wayne Kennedy and how is he reacting to it?
10. What does Joanna do in response to her depression and her decision to push Alex away?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)