|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alex suspect when he enters his motel room?
(a) That the room service is not hotel staff.
(b) That someone has been inside his room.
(c) That Joanna will not see him again.
(d) That Mariko will have some answers for Alex.
2. Why does Alex wander around the entertainment district?
(a) Because he is being followed.
(b) He hopes to go back to Moonglow in a few hours and see Joanna.
(c) He is looking for someone to keep his mind off Joanna.
(d) He is sightseeing.
3. What does Joanna say she is doing in the room?
(a) She is fighting with a large woman.
(b) She is looking into a machine that flashes red lights.
(c) She is strapped to a bed, naked.
(d) She is sleeping.
4. Why can't Alex sleep?
(a) He is worried about the threat on his life.
(b) He is worried about his business if he doesn't leave soon.
(c) He thinks he will divorce his wife.
(d) He is obsessing about Joanna.
5. What does the bellhop come to tell Alex?
(a) That Joanna is downstairs.
(b) That there is a man to see him downstairs.
(c) That the room has to be vacated today.
(d) That there has been an accident downstairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ignacio Carrera?
2. Why does Alex question the existence of the lawyer?
3. Who does Mariko want Joanna to visit?
4. Who is Wayne Kennedy?
5. When Inamura regresses Joanna to the period before her parents die, how does she describe them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alex tell Joanna about love and how does she feel about his assertions? What might this conversation establish for the reader?
2. What happens to Joanna that might suggest she is Lisa? What do you think it might mean?
3. What does Joanna finally decide about her nightmares and why do you think Alex agreed to help?
4. What does Joanna have when she gets back in her apartment and what do you think might be the reason?
5. What does Alex show Joanna and how does she feel about it?
6. What evidence does Joanna show Alex and what does he do with it?
7. What does Joanna do in response to her depression and her decision to push Alex away?
8. Where does Alex go with Joanna and what becomes clear to them about her?
9. Emotionally, how might the reader respond to the malice Carrera seems to carry?
10. What do Alex and Joanna do after eating lunch?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)