|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Alex wander around the entertainment district?
(a) Because he is being followed.
(b) He is sightseeing.
(c) He hopes to go back to Moonglow in a few hours and see Joanna.
(d) He is looking for someone to keep his mind off Joanna.
2. Who is Ignacio Carrera?
(a) A psychiatrist who specializes in brainwashing.
(b) A hired killer who takes a great deal of pleasure in killing.
(c) One of Alex's employees.
(d) A bodyguard hired to protect Wayne.
3. Why does Senator Chelgrin hire Alex?
(a) He does not hire him. Alex volunteers his assistance.
(b) Because the Jamaican police were useless in finding Lisa.
(c) Because they are good friends.
(d) Because Alex was in Jamaica at the time.
4. What do Alex and Joanna do before going through the Chelgrin file?
(a) Joanna takes a tranquilizer.
(b) Have dinner.
(c) Joanna gets hypnotized.
(d) Joanna does some relaxation exercises.
5. Who calls Carrera?
Short Answer Questions
1. Under what pseudonym is The Key to Midnight first written?
2. Of what does Joanna assure everyone?
3. What does Alex suspect when he enters his motel room?
4. Where does the phone number on the lawyer's letter ring?
5. What does Joanna say she is doing in the room?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the tension increased by the end of Chapter 17?
2. When does Alex next see Joanna and what does he try to do at first?
3. What happens to Joanna that might suggest she is Lisa? What do you think it might mean?
4. Emotionally, how might the reader respond to the malice Carrera seems to carry?
5. Where was Joanna born and why is she in Japan?
6. What does Mariko encourage Alex to do and why?
7. What does Carrera learn about Joanna from a phone call and how does he respond? What might the reader deduce from this response?
8. What does Alex tell Joanna when they meet and how does she respond?
9. What does Alex tell Joanna about Thomas Chelgrin and his daugther?
10. What does Joanna finally decide about her nightmares and why do you think Alex agreed to help?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)