|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Rotenhausen?
(a) Chelgrin's head bodyguard.
(b) Abrilliant scientist who developed a brainwashing technique that was considered revolutionary.
(c) A Russian KGB agent in the lobby.
(d) A German soldier who gives Alex a letter.
2. What does Alex do with it after he finds his gun?
(a) Puts it in his back pocket.
(b) Fires a shot.
(c) Pulls out the ammunition cartridge.
3. What does Peterson tell Alex and Joanna will happen now that the parties involved are all dead?
(a) They will have to change their identities.
(b) They will be safe.
(c) The CIA will keep close tabs on them.
(d) The Russians will come for them.
4. What was the name of the inn where Alex and Joanna stopped?
(a) The Heather in the Glen.
(b) The Bell and The Dragon.
(d) The Village Pub and Inn.
5. What does Alex hear coming from a closed door he has found?
(a) Four men talking.
(b) Gun shots.
(c) Joanna screaming.
(d) Rock music.
6. What does Joanna grab from a nearby tray?
(a) A syringe.
(b) A wrench.
(c) A scalpal.
(d) An IV bottle.
7. What awakens Joanna the next morning after her second session with Inamura?
(a) A panic attack.
8. What does Alex think about Chelgrin?
(a) Alex does not trust Chelgrin.
(b) Alex thinks Chelgrin is a CIA plant.
(c) Alex thinks Chelgrin wants to kill Joanna.
(d) Alex thinks Chelgrin's been brainwashed also.
9. What does Herr Doktor do when he comes in the room?
(a) Hypnotizes Joanna.
(b) Just stands and looks at Joanna.
(c) Slaps Joanna's face to see if she is still awake.
(d) Gives Joanna another injection.
10. What does Joanna tell Inamura?
(a) What she sees outside the window in her dream and what is in the room.
(b) That the window is blackened out.
(c) That the window is a picture rather than a window as she had thought originally.
(d) That she does not want to go any further with remembering.
11. Where does Alex go to get a new license plate for the rental car?
(a) He gets one from an old contact.
(b) He doesn't need a new license plate.
(c) To the Motor Vehicle Department.
(d) To a shopping center.
12. Why is Marlowe taking so much care driving home in London?
(a) It is snowing.
(b) The fog is very thick.
(c) There is an ice storm.
(d) Someone is following him.
13. What does Carrera do with Alex and Joanna's luggage?
(b) Check it out the front desk.
(c) Go through it looking for the Chelgrin files.
(d) Exchange it with Peterson's.
14. What does the caller tell Chelgrin?
(a) That Chelgrin is to pull out of politics.
(b) That Lisa is looking for Chelgrin.
(c) That Lisa is dead.
(d) Where and when to meet a secret contact.
15. What does Alex do after he breaks Carrera's grip on him?
(a) Runs back to the kitchen.
(b) Goes upstairs.
(c) Runs into a storm room.
(d) Runs to the basement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the real Thomas Chelgrin?
2. What was Alex's nightmare about the night they spent in the inn?
3. How does Joanna feel that day?
4. Where do Joanna and Alex go?
5. How does Alex respond to the Herr Doktor's activities?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)