|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do they find in Chelgrin's room?
(a) His body and a letter of apology to Joanna.
(c) A letter of apology to Joanna but no Chelgrin.
(d) Chelgrin is there but says they are in danger and all three must leave London.
2. Where do Joanna and Alex take a train to?
3. What does Alex hear coming from a closed door he has found?
(a) Joanna screaming.
(b) Gun shots.
(c) Rock music.
(d) Four men talking.
4. What does the woman do who comes into Joanna's room in the hypnotic remembering?
(a) The woman gives Joanna a shot.
(b) The woman tells Joanna to be a good girl.
(c) The woman binds Joanna's hands and feet.
(d) The woman tries to help Joanna escape.
5. What is Mariko hesitant about?
(a) Becoming romantically involved with a foreigner.
(b) Singing for the club and still being able to do her managment duties.
(c) About Joanna pursuing the truth of her background.
(d) Finding a singer that is as good as Joanna.
6. What does Inamura do to get Joanna to overcome the post-hypnotic suggestion?
(a) He lets her work through it herself.
(b) He gives her an answering sentence to her sentence.
(c) He hypnotizes her again and gives her a different suggestion.
(d) He is unable to overcome the original suggestion.
7. What does Joanna receive?
(a) A phone call from Peterson.
(b) A letter at the front desk from Carrera.
(c) A phone call from Chelgrin.
(d) A letter slid under the motel room door.
8. What do Joanna and Alex have to do after they rent a car to leave England?
(a) Find a weapon.
(b) Call Chelgrin.
(c) Find a map.
(d) Shake a tail.
9. Who is Rotenhausen?
(a) A German soldier who gives Alex a letter.
(b) A Russian KGB agent in the lobby.
(c) Chelgrin's head bodyguard.
(d) Abrilliant scientist who developed a brainwashing technique that was considered revolutionary.
10. Where do Joanna and Alex fly to from England?
(a) Nowhere. They drive where they are going.
11. How does Carrera get Alex and Joanna out of the hotel?
(a) By gun point.
(b) In a laundry cart.
(c) Through the kitchen.
(d) In a dumb waiter.
12. What does Alex throw at Carrera?
(a) A brass lamp.
(b) An iron skillet.
(c) His gun.
(d) A rock.
13. How does Alex respond to the Herr Doktor's activities?
(a) Alex is not listening to this part.
(b) He is outraged.
(c) He is resigned.
(d) He is mystified.
14. Why is Marlowe concerned about his employment?
(a) He thinks it might be illegal.
(b) Carrera's threats.
(c) He didn't get a promotion he wanted.
(d) He is not making enough money.
15. What was the name of the inn where Alex and Joanna stopped?
(a) The Heather in the Glen.
(b) The Bell and The Dragon.
(c) The Village Pub and Inn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chelgrin insist that Lisa undergo?
2. Where does Carrera find Alex after Alex escapes from him?
3. What does Joanna tell Inamura?
4. How does Rotenhausen die?
5. What does Carrera fantasize about Joanna Rand?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)