|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alex learn from a contact at his firm?
(a) That the lawyer that supposedly handled Joanna's inheritance does not exist.
(b) That the lawyer who supposedly handled Joanna's inheritance has been dead for 15 years.
(c) That Carrera is on his way to Japan.
(d) That Senator Chelgrin is a likely candidate for a Supreme Court appointment.
2. What wakens Joanna and Alex the first morning in London?
(a) A pounding on the door.
(b) Jackhammers across the street from their hotel.
(c) The fire alarm.
(d) The phone ringing.
3. What does Alex think as he enters a library?
(a) It looks ransacked.
(b) There are no books on the shelves.
(c) It shouldn't be there.
(d) It seems very familiar.
4. What does Alex do in response to the nightmare he had?
(a) Went for a long walk.
(b) Had a couple of bourbons.
(c) Sat up all night with his gun in his lap.
(d) Sat up all night with his gun to his head.
5. What does Herr Doktor do while Joanna is still under the influence of the drug?
(a) Reads children's stories to her.
(b) Repeats her new life's history over and over.
(c) Molests her.
(d) Takes her pulse and blood pressure.
6. What does some of what Chelgrin has to tell Alex have to do with?
(a) The situation in the Middle East.
(b) The Germans.
(c) The political situation in the United States.
(d) The Russians.
7. To whom does Alex thinks the place he is belongs?
(c) Thomas Chelgrin.
8. Who is Rotenhausen?
(a) Chelgrin's head bodyguard.
(b) A German soldier who gives Alex a letter.
(c) A Russian KGB agent in the lobby.
(d) Abrilliant scientist who developed a brainwashing technique that was considered revolutionary.
9. Why is Marlowe taking so much care driving home in London?
(a) The fog is very thick.
(b) Someone is following him.
(c) It is snowing.
(d) There is an ice storm.
10. Why is Marlowe concerned about his employment?
(a) He thinks it might be illegal.
(b) He didn't get a promotion he wanted.
(c) He is not making enough money.
(d) Carrera's threats.
11. Why did Chelgrin allow Lisa to be brainwashed?
(a) To help his country.
(b) He was interested in the results.
(c) He didn't know about it.
(d) To save her life.
12. When they arrive at the hotel, about what does Alex have a premonition?
(a) That Peterson is in the lobby.
(b) That Chelgrin means to doublecross them.
(c) That Chelgrin is dead.
(d) That the KGB has an agent in the lobby.
13. What does Herr Doktor do when he comes in the room?
(a) Just stands and looks at Joanna.
(b) Gives Joanna another injection.
(c) Slaps Joanna's face to see if she is still awake.
(d) Hypnotizes Joanna.
14. How is Alex finally able to kill Carrera?
(a) He breaks his neck.
(b) Fractured his skull with a tire iron.
(c) Throws him off a cliff.
(d) Gunshot to the heart.
15. What does Peterson tell Alex and Joanna will happen now that the parties involved are all dead?
(a) They will have to change their identities.
(b) The CIA will keep close tabs on them.
(c) The Russians will come for them.
(d) They will be safe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alex do after he breaks Carrera's grip on him?
2. What happens when Inamura tries to get Joanna to remember her life as Lisa Chelgrin?
3. Why do Joanna and Alex go to a residential section of London when they are driving their rental car?
4. In what condition does Rotenhausen expect Joanna to be?
5. How does Alex respond to the Herr Doktor's activities?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)