|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Inamura tries to get Joanna to remember her life as Lisa Chelgrin?
(a) Joanna can only vaguely remember her mother.
(b) Joanna can remmber much, but not all of her growing up.
(c) Joanna can remember her entire growing up.
(d) Joanna cannot remember anything.
2. About what does Marlowe think he needs to do concerning his employment?
(a) Getting the promotion.
(b) Looking for anothrer job.
(c) Finding out who is behind Carrera.
(d) Carrera undermining his authority.
3. What does Peterson tell Alex and Joanna will happen now that the parties involved are all dead?
(a) They will have to change their identities.
(b) They will be safe.
(c) The CIA will keep close tabs on them.
(d) The Russians will come for them.
4. What does Carrera fantasize about Joanna Rand?
(a) That he can turn her into a sexual plaything.
(b) That she will turn to Carrera for help.
(c) That her plane crashes and the case if closed.
(d) That she is sent to Russia to live.
5. Who kills Ursula?
6. What was the name of the inn where Alex and Joanna stopped?
(b) The Heather in the Glen.
(c) The Bell and The Dragon.
(d) The Village Pub and Inn.
7. Why is Marlowe concerned about his employment?
(a) Carrera's threats.
(b) He is not making enough money.
(c) He didn't get a promotion he wanted.
(d) He thinks it might be illegal.
8. What does Alex learn from a contact at his firm?
(a) That Carrera is on his way to Japan.
(b) That the lawyer that supposedly handled Joanna's inheritance does not exist.
(c) That Senator Chelgrin is a likely candidate for a Supreme Court appointment.
(d) That the lawyer who supposedly handled Joanna's inheritance has been dead for 15 years.
9. What does Alex do in response to the nightmare he had?
(a) Sat up all night with his gun to his head.
(b) Went for a long walk.
(c) Sat up all night with his gun in his lap.
(d) Had a couple of bourbons.
10. What does Joanna grab from a nearby tray?
(a) An IV bottle.
(b) A wrench.
(c) A syringe.
(d) A scalpal.
11. When they arrive at the hotel, about what does Alex have a premonition?
(a) That the KGB has an agent in the lobby.
(b) That Chelgrin is dead.
(c) That Peterson is in the lobby.
(d) That Chelgrin means to doublecross them.
12. Where does Carrera find Alex after Alex escapes from him?
(a) Under the truck.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) Hiding in the woods.
(d) In the storm room.
13. What does Joanna tell Inamura?
(a) That she does not want to go any further with remembering.
(b) That the window is blackened out.
(c) That the window is a picture rather than a window as she had thought originally.
(d) What she sees outside the window in her dream and what is in the room.
14. What happens to Marlowe's apartment when he enters and turns on the light?
(a) It explodes.
(b) Carrera is waiting and beats him up.
(c) The light will not come on.
15. What do they find in Chelgrin's room?
(a) His body and a letter of apology to Joanna.
(c) A letter of apology to Joanna but no Chelgrin.
(d) Chelgrin is there but says they are in danger and all three must leave London.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Alex's nightmare about the night they spent in the inn?
2. How does Carrera get Alex and Joanna out of the hotel?
3. Why did Chelgrin allow Lisa to be brainwashed?
4. What happens the night they arrive at their destination?
5. What does a woman do to Joanna after she wakes?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)