|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Joanna and Alex go?
(a) To a local museum to meet Chelgrin.
(b) To a local museum to meet Peterson.
(c) To a local museum to meet Carrera.
(d) To the police.
2. Why do Alex and Joanna decide to go to San Moritz?
(a) To kill Rotenhausen.
(b) To confront Rotenhausen.
(c) To break into Rotenhausen's laboratory, and find any files on Joanna they can to prove what he did to her.
(d) To subject Rotenhausen to the same treatment that he did to Joanna.
3. Who kills Ursula?
4. What happens the night they arrive at their destination?
(a) They make love for the first time.
(b) They are accosted by Carrera.
(c) They miss their flight to England.
(d) They are arrested on a trumped-up charge.
5. Why is Marlowe concerned about his employment?
(a) He thinks it might be illegal.
(b) Carrera's threats.
(c) He didn't get a promotion he wanted.
(d) He is not making enough money.
6. What does a woman do to Joanna after she wakes?
(a) Takes off her clothes.
(b) Gives her an injection.
(c) Puts an I.V. in her.
(d) Gives her a pill.
7. What does Alex do in response to the nightmare he had?
(a) Had a couple of bourbons.
(b) Went for a long walk.
(c) Sat up all night with his gun in his lap.
(d) Sat up all night with his gun to his head.
8. How is Alex finally able to kill Carrera?
(a) Throws him off a cliff.
(b) He breaks his neck.
(c) Gunshot to the heart.
(d) Fractured his skull with a tire iron.
9. What does Inamura do to get Joanna to overcome the post-hypnotic suggestion?
(a) He is unable to overcome the original suggestion.
(b) He gives her an answering sentence to her sentence.
(c) He hypnotizes her again and gives her a different suggestion.
(d) He lets her work through it herself.
10. What happens to Marlowe's apartment when he enters and turns on the light?
(b) It explodes.
(c) The light will not come on.
(d) Carrera is waiting and beats him up.
11. What does Joanna receive?
(a) A phone call from Chelgrin.
(b) A letter slid under the motel room door.
(c) A letter at the front desk from Carrera.
(d) A phone call from Peterson.
12. About what does Marlowe think he needs to do concerning his employment?
(a) Finding out who is behind Carrera.
(b) Looking for anothrer job.
(c) Carrera undermining his authority.
(d) Getting the promotion.
13. What do Joanna and Alex have to do after they rent a car to leave England?
(a) Find a weapon.
(b) Shake a tail.
(c) Find a map.
(d) Call Chelgrin.
14. Who is Rotenhausen?
(a) A Russian KGB agent in the lobby.
(b) A German soldier who gives Alex a letter.
(c) Chelgrin's head bodyguard.
(d) Abrilliant scientist who developed a brainwashing technique that was considered revolutionary.
15. What does Carrera do with Alex and Joanna's luggage?
(b) Go through it looking for the Chelgrin files.
(c) Check it out the front desk.
(d) Exchange it with Peterson's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the inn where Alex and Joanna stopped?
2. What does Alex think as he enters a library?
3. When they arrive at the hotel, about what does Alex have a premonition?
4. What does some of what Chelgrin has to tell Alex have to do with?
5. What does Alex do after he breaks Carrera's grip on him?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)