|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What awakens Joanna the next morning after her second session with Inamura?
(a) A panic attack.
2. What do Alex and Joanna buy at a department store?
(a) A present for Chelgrin from Joanna.
(b) Umbrellas and a knife for Joanna.
(c) Stuff for disguises.
3. What does Alex do after he breaks Carrera's grip on him?
(a) Goes upstairs.
(b) Runs to the basement.
(c) Runs into a storm room.
(d) Runs back to the kitchen.
4. Why does the woman in the room where Joanna wakes up after being kidnapped laugh when she tells Joanna her name?
(a) She tells a joke about a bad doctor.
(b) Because she is Carrera's sister and likes to frighten people.
(c) Because she's there to rescue Joanna.
(d) Because she tells Joanna she won't remember the name very soon.
5. What does Joanna grab from a nearby tray?
(a) A syringe.
(b) An IV bottle.
(c) A wrench.
(d) A scalpal.
6. What was Alex's nightmare about the night they spent in the inn?
(a) Joanna lying on a steel operating table.
(b) Wayne being killed in the hospital.
(c) Doctors and Rio.
(d) Joanna running from him.
7. Why is Marlowe taking so much care driving home in London?
(a) It is snowing.
(b) Someone is following him.
(c) The fog is very thick.
(d) There is an ice storm.
8. What does Carrera fantasize about Joanna Rand?
(a) That she is sent to Russia to live.
(b) That he can turn her into a sexual plaything.
(c) That her plane crashes and the case if closed.
(d) That she will turn to Carrera for help.
9. Where do Joanna and Alex fly to from England?
(b) Nowhere. They drive where they are going.
10. Where does Carrera find Alex after Alex escapes from him?
(a) Hiding in the woods.
(b) In the storm room.
(c) Under the truck.
(d) In the kitchen.
11. What does Alex learn from a contact at his firm?
(a) That the lawyer that supposedly handled Joanna's inheritance does not exist.
(b) That Senator Chelgrin is a likely candidate for a Supreme Court appointment.
(c) That the lawyer who supposedly handled Joanna's inheritance has been dead for 15 years.
(d) That Carrera is on his way to Japan.
12. Why did Chelgrin allow Lisa to be brainwashed?
(a) He was interested in the results.
(b) He didn't know about it.
(c) To help his country.
(d) To save her life.
13. What do Joanna and Alex have to do after they rent a car to leave England?
(a) Find a map.
(b) Find a weapon.
(c) Shake a tail.
(d) Call Chelgrin.
14. What does Joanna receive?
(a) A letter slid under the motel room door.
(b) A phone call from Peterson.
(c) A letter at the front desk from Carrera.
(d) A phone call from Chelgrin.
15. What wakens Joanna and Alex the first morning in London?
(a) Jackhammers across the street from their hotel.
(b) The fire alarm.
(c) The phone ringing.
(d) A pounding on the door.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alex do with it after he finds his gun?
2. When they arrive at the hotel, about what does Alex have a premonition?
3. What does Joanna suggest to Mariko?
4. What does the woman do who comes into Joanna's room in the hypnotic remembering?
5. What does Herr Doktor do while Joanna is still under the influence of the drug?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)