|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joanna confirm about Rotenhausen?
(a) That Rotenhausen speaks with a Russian accent even though he is dressed as a German soldier.
(b) That her father, Senator Chelgrin, used to meet with this man in the United States.
(c) That she recognizes him as someone who broke into her room in Jamaica.
(d) That is the same Herr Doktor from her dreams.
2. How does Joanna feel that day?
(b) Fearful of the nightmare returning.
3. What does Peterson tell Carrera via the phone?
(a) That Joanna Rand must be kept from leaving Japan.
(b) That the KGB wishes Carrera to return to Russia.
(c) That the KGB has decided not to let Chelgrin stay in politics.
(d) That Joanna Rand is on her way to London.
4. What does Herr Doktor say after injecting Joanna with a drug?
(a) He does not say anything, but holds up pictures in front of Joanna's face.
(b) He tell Joanna that her father forces him to do this to her.
(c) He tells Joanna that her name is Joanna.
(d) She cannot tell what he is saying.
5. What is odd about Herr Doktor?
(a) He has 6 fingers on one hand.
(b) He has two different colored eyes.
(c) He has only one swatch of hair and it's on the back of his head.
(d) He has a mechanical hand.
6. What does Herr Doktor do while Joanna is still under the influence of the drug?
(a) Repeats her new life's history over and over.
(b) Molests her.
(c) Takes her pulse and blood pressure.
(d) Reads children's stories to her.
7. How does Rotenhausen die?
(a) Broken neck.
(b) Gunshot wound.
(c) Heart attack.
(d) Bleeds out from a neck wound.
8. What does some of what Chelgrin has to tell Alex have to do with?
(a) The political situation in the United States.
(b) The situation in the Middle East.
(c) The Russians.
(d) The Germans.
9. What has Peterson been doing?
(a) Bringing Chelgrin written reports on Lisa every month for twelve years.
(b) Gathering information about the Russian spy ring.
(c) Compiling a list of the states Chelgrin is likely to win in a bid for the presidency.
(d) Making a plan to take out Alex.
10. What does Joanna grab from a nearby tray?
(a) A wrench.
(b) A scalpal.
(c) An IV bottle.
(d) A syringe.
11. What does Alex learn from a contact at his firm?
(a) That the lawyer who supposedly handled Joanna's inheritance has been dead for 15 years.
(b) That the lawyer that supposedly handled Joanna's inheritance does not exist.
(c) That Carrera is on his way to Japan.
(d) That Senator Chelgrin is a likely candidate for a Supreme Court appointment.
12. In what condition does Rotenhausen expect Joanna to be?
(a) Wide awake.
(b) Beaten up.
(d) Screaming from a nightmare.
13. What happens the night they arrive at their destination?
(a) They are arrested on a trumped-up charge.
(b) They miss their flight to England.
(c) They make love for the first time.
(d) They are accosted by Carrera.
14. What does Chelgrin insist that Lisa undergo?
(a) The brainwashing technique again.
(b) A test to determine where her loyalties lay.
(c) A forced relocation to Russia.
(d) Cosmetic surgery and the brainwashing technique.
15. What happens to Marlowe's apartment when he enters and turns on the light?
(a) The light will not come on.
(c) Carrera is waiting and beats him up.
(d) It explodes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do they find in Chelgrin's room?
2. Where do Joanna and Alex go?
3. What do Alex and Joanna buy at a department store?
4. What does Joanna suggest to Mariko?
5. Why do Alex and Joanna decide to go to San Moritz?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)