|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Joanna when she wakes after being kidnapped?
(a) Strapped to a hospital bed.
(b) In her father's hotel room.
(c) Chained in a basement.
(d) Tied up on a kitchen floor.
2. How does Rotenhausen die?
(a) Gunshot wound.
(b) Heart attack.
(c) Broken neck.
(d) Bleeds out from a neck wound.
3. Who is Anson Peterson?
(a) A CIA plant.
(b) Chelgrin's aide.
(c) Chelgrin's contact.
(d) Carrera's boss.
4. Why does the woman in the room where Joanna wakes up after being kidnapped laugh when she tells Joanna her name?
(a) Because she is Carrera's sister and likes to frighten people.
(b) Because she's there to rescue Joanna.
(c) She tells a joke about a bad doctor.
(d) Because she tells Joanna she won't remember the name very soon.
5. What does Alex do in response to the nightmare he had?
(a) Went for a long walk.
(b) Had a couple of bourbons.
(c) Sat up all night with his gun in his lap.
(d) Sat up all night with his gun to his head.
6. What does Carrera do to the woman who is at his house?
(a) Gives her new identity papers.
(b) Gives her secret correspondence to take to Russia.
(c) Strangles her.
(d) Has abusive sex.
7. What is Carrera doing at the opening to Chapter 44?
(a) Stalking Alex and Joanna.
(b) Working out in his gym.
(c) Swimming in the ocean.
(d) Talking to Chelgrin on the phone.
8. In what condition does Rotenhausen expect Joanna to be?
(a) Beaten up.
(b) Screaming from a nightmare.
(c) Wide awake.
9. What does Alex hear coming from a closed door he has found?
(a) Joanna screaming.
(b) Gun shots.
(c) Four men talking.
(d) Rock music.
10. Where do Joanna and Alex take a train to?
11. Where does Alex go to get a new license plate for the rental car?
(a) He doesn't need a new license plate.
(b) He gets one from an old contact.
(c) To a shopping center.
(d) To the Motor Vehicle Department.
12. Why is Marlowe taking so much care driving home in London?
(a) The fog is very thick.
(b) It is snowing.
(c) There is an ice storm.
(d) Someone is following him.
13. What does the woman do who comes into Joanna's room in the hypnotic remembering?
(a) The woman tries to help Joanna escape.
(b) The woman binds Joanna's hands and feet.
(c) The woman gives Joanna a shot.
(d) The woman tells Joanna to be a good girl.
14. What does Carrera fantasize about Joanna Rand?
(a) That she is sent to Russia to live.
(b) That he can turn her into a sexual plaything.
(c) That she will turn to Carrera for help.
(d) That her plane crashes and the case if closed.
15. Who kills Ursula?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Joanna and Alex go to a residential section of London when they are driving their rental car?
2. About what does Marlowe think he needs to do concerning his employment?
3. In what condition is Alex when he awakes after being kidnapped?
4. What does Herr Doktor do when he comes in the room?
5. When they arrive at the hotel, about what does Alex have a premonition?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)