|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peterson tell Carrera via the phone?
(a) That Joanna Rand must be kept from leaving Japan.
(b) That the KGB wishes Carrera to return to Russia.
(c) That the KGB has decided not to let Chelgrin stay in politics.
(d) That Joanna Rand is on her way to London.
2. What does Herr Doktor do while Joanna is still under the influence of the drug?
(a) Repeats her new life's history over and over.
(b) Molests her.
(c) Takes her pulse and blood pressure.
(d) Reads children's stories to her.
3. In what condition is Alex when he awakes after being kidnapped?
(a) Tied up on a kitchen floor.
(b) Strapped to a metal table.
(c) Beaten with a couple of broken ribs.
(d) Chained in a basement.
4. When they arrive at the hotel, about what does Alex have a premonition?
(a) That Chelgrin is dead.
(b) That Peterson is in the lobby.
(c) That the KGB has an agent in the lobby.
(d) That Chelgrin means to doublecross them.
5. What does Carrera do with Alex and Joanna's luggage?
(b) Exchange it with Peterson's.
(c) Go through it looking for the Chelgrin files.
(d) Check it out the front desk.
6. How does Alex respond to the Herr Doktor's activities?
(a) Alex is not listening to this part.
(b) He is mystified.
(c) He is resigned.
(d) He is outraged.
7. Why does the woman in the room where Joanna wakes up after being kidnapped laugh when she tells Joanna her name?
(a) She tells a joke about a bad doctor.
(b) Because she is Carrera's sister and likes to frighten people.
(c) Because she's there to rescue Joanna.
(d) Because she tells Joanna she won't remember the name very soon.
8. Who kills Ursula?
9. Where does Carrera find Alex after Alex escapes from him?
(a) Under the truck.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the storm room.
(d) Hiding in the woods.
10. What do they find in Chelgrin's room?
(a) His body and a letter of apology to Joanna.
(b) A letter of apology to Joanna but no Chelgrin.
(c) Chelgrin is there but says they are in danger and all three must leave London.
11. What makes Alex so uneasy about the inn where they stopped?
(a) All the rooms were on the first floor.
(b) Someone knew him there.
(c) He knew too much about it.
(d) It was too close to London.
12. Why did Chelgrin allow Lisa to be brainwashed?
(a) He was interested in the results.
(b) He didn't know about it.
(c) To help his country.
(d) To save her life.
13. What does the woman do who comes into Joanna's room in the hypnotic remembering?
(a) The woman binds Joanna's hands and feet.
(b) The woman tries to help Joanna escape.
(c) The woman tells Joanna to be a good girl.
(d) The woman gives Joanna a shot.
14. Who is Anson Peterson?
(a) A CIA plant.
(b) Carrera's boss.
(c) Chelgrin's aide.
(d) Chelgrin's contact.
15. What does Alex hear coming from a closed door he has found?
(a) Rock music.
(b) Four men talking.
(c) Joanna screaming.
(d) Gun shots.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alex do with it after he finds his gun?
2. What does Joanna confirm about Rotenhausen?
3. How does Joanna feel that day?
4. Where is Joanna when she wakes after being kidnapped?
5. What happened to the real Thomas Chelgrin?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)