|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Marlowe concerned about his employment?
(a) He didn't get a promotion he wanted.
(b) Carrera's threats.
(c) He thinks it might be illegal.
(d) He is not making enough money.
2. What is Mariko hesitant about?
(a) Singing for the club and still being able to do her managment duties.
(b) Becoming romantically involved with a foreigner.
(c) About Joanna pursuing the truth of her background.
(d) Finding a singer that is as good as Joanna.
3. What does Alex do after he and Joanna are told to meet Chelgrin at his hotel?
(a) He calls Chelgrin first.
(b) They follow the local man immediately.
(c) He pays the local man to go to the hotel and pretend to be Alex.
(d) He takes Joanna back to their hotel first.
4. How does Carrera get Alex and Joanna out of the hotel?
(a) Through the kitchen.
(b) By gun point.
(c) In a laundry cart.
(d) In a dumb waiter.
5. Where does Alex go to get a new license plate for the rental car?
(a) He gets one from an old contact.
(b) To the Motor Vehicle Department.
(c) To a shopping center.
(d) He doesn't need a new license plate.
6. What does Thomas Chelgrin tell Lisa was the name of the program he was in from Russia?
7. What does Herr Doktor do while Joanna is still under the influence of the drug?
(a) Molests her.
(b) Reads children's stories to her.
(c) Takes her pulse and blood pressure.
(d) Repeats her new life's history over and over.
8. How does Rotenhausen die?
(a) Heart attack.
(b) Bleeds out from a neck wound.
(c) Gunshot wound.
(d) Broken neck.
9. About what does Marlowe think he needs to do concerning his employment?
(a) Finding out who is behind Carrera.
(b) Carrera undermining his authority.
(c) Looking for anothrer job.
(d) Getting the promotion.
10. What does a woman do to Joanna after she wakes?
(a) Takes off her clothes.
(b) Gives her a pill.
(c) Gives her an injection.
(d) Puts an I.V. in her.
11. In what condition is Alex when he awakes after being kidnapped?
(a) Strapped to a metal table.
(b) Chained in a basement.
(c) Tied up on a kitchen floor.
(d) Beaten with a couple of broken ribs.
12. What wakens Joanna and Alex the first morning in London?
(a) The fire alarm.
(b) Jackhammers across the street from their hotel.
(c) A pounding on the door.
(d) The phone ringing.
13. How does Joanna feel that day?
(a) Fearful of the nightmare returning.
14. What does Alex throw at Carrera?
(a) A rock.
(b) His gun.
(c) An iron skillet.
(d) A brass lamp.
15. Where is Joanna when she wakes after being kidnapped?
(a) Chained in a basement.
(b) Tied up on a kitchen floor.
(c) In her father's hotel room.
(d) Strapped to a hospital bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carrera fantasize about Joanna Rand?
2. What does Joanna grab from a nearby tray?
3. What does Joanna do when Rotenhausen unstraps her?
4. What does Joanna confirm about Rotenhausen?
5. What does Carrera do with Alex and Joanna's luggage?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)