|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a woman do to Joanna after she wakes?
(a) Gives her a pill.
(b) Gives her an injection.
(c) Takes off her clothes.
(d) Puts an I.V. in her.
2. What does Thomas Chelgrin tell Lisa was the name of the program he was in from Russia?
3. Why did Chelgrin allow Lisa to be brainwashed?
(a) He was interested in the results.
(b) He didn't know about it.
(c) To help his country.
(d) To save her life.
4. How does Alex respond to the Herr Doktor's activities?
(a) He is resigned.
(b) Alex is not listening to this part.
(c) He is outraged.
(d) He is mystified.
5. What does Alex learn from a contact at his firm?
(a) That Carrera is on his way to Japan.
(b) That Senator Chelgrin is a likely candidate for a Supreme Court appointment.
(c) That the lawyer who supposedly handled Joanna's inheritance has been dead for 15 years.
(d) That the lawyer that supposedly handled Joanna's inheritance does not exist.
6. Where do Joanna and Alex fly to from England?
(b) Nowhere. They drive where they are going.
7. How is Alex finally able to kill Carrera?
(a) He breaks his neck.
(b) Fractured his skull with a tire iron.
(c) Throws him off a cliff.
(d) Gunshot to the heart.
8. What does the caller tell Chelgrin?
(a) That Lisa is dead.
(b) That Lisa is looking for Chelgrin.
(c) That Chelgrin is to pull out of politics.
(d) Where and when to meet a secret contact.
9. What is Carrera doing at the opening to Chapter 44?
(a) Working out in his gym.
(b) Talking to Chelgrin on the phone.
(c) Stalking Alex and Joanna.
(d) Swimming in the ocean.
10. What do Joanna and Alex have to do after they rent a car to leave England?
(a) Shake a tail.
(b) Find a map.
(c) Call Chelgrin.
(d) Find a weapon.
11. Why is Marlowe concerned about his employment?
(a) He is not making enough money.
(b) He didn't get a promotion he wanted.
(c) He thinks it might be illegal.
(d) Carrera's threats.
12. Where is Joanna when she wakes after being kidnapped?
(a) In her father's hotel room.
(b) Chained in a basement.
(c) Tied up on a kitchen floor.
(d) Strapped to a hospital bed.
13. What does Peterson tell Alex and Joanna will happen now that the parties involved are all dead?
(a) They will be safe.
(b) The CIA will keep close tabs on them.
(c) They will have to change their identities.
(d) The Russians will come for them.
14. What does Peterson tell Carrera via the phone?
(a) That Joanna Rand must be kept from leaving Japan.
(b) That the KGB has decided not to let Chelgrin stay in politics.
(c) That Joanna Rand is on her way to London.
(d) That the KGB wishes Carrera to return to Russia.
15. What does Joanna do when Rotenhausen unstraps her?
(a) Unplug his mechanical hand and jumps off the bed.
(b) Starts screaming.
(c) Falls to the floor.
(d) Begins saying her line from The Demolished Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joanna grab from a nearby tray?
2. What does Carrera do with Alex and Joanna's luggage?
3. What do Alex and Joanna buy at a department store?
4. What does Joanna suggest to Mariko?
5. Why is Marlowe taking so much care driving home in London?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)