|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Alex's nightmare about the night they spent in the inn?
(a) Joanna lying on a steel operating table.
(b) Wayne being killed in the hospital.
(c) Joanna running from him.
(d) Doctors and Rio.
2. What do Alex and Joanna buy at a department store?
(a) A present for Chelgrin from Joanna.
(b) Stuff for disguises.
(d) Umbrellas and a knife for Joanna.
3. What does Joanna confirm about Rotenhausen?
(a) That she recognizes him as someone who broke into her room in Jamaica.
(b) That Rotenhausen speaks with a Russian accent even though he is dressed as a German soldier.
(c) That is the same Herr Doktor from her dreams.
(d) That her father, Senator Chelgrin, used to meet with this man in the United States.
4. What does Alex do with it after he finds his gun?
(a) Pulls out the ammunition cartridge.
(b) Puts it in his back pocket.
(c) Fires a shot.
5. What is Carrera doing at the opening to Chapter 44?
(a) Swimming in the ocean.
(b) Talking to Chelgrin on the phone.
(c) Stalking Alex and Joanna.
(d) Working out in his gym.
6. What does Herr Doktor do while Joanna is still under the influence of the drug?
(a) Repeats her new life's history over and over.
(b) Reads children's stories to her.
(c) Molests her.
(d) Takes her pulse and blood pressure.
7. What does a woman do to Joanna after she wakes?
(a) Gives her a pill.
(b) Takes off her clothes.
(c) Gives her an injection.
(d) Puts an I.V. in her.
8. Where does Alex go to get a new license plate for the rental car?
(a) To the Motor Vehicle Department.
(b) He doesn't need a new license plate.
(c) To a shopping center.
(d) He gets one from an old contact.
9. What does Joanna receive?
(a) A letter slid under the motel room door.
(b) A phone call from Peterson.
(c) A phone call from Chelgrin.
(d) A letter at the front desk from Carrera.
10. What is odd about Herr Doktor?
(a) He has only one swatch of hair and it's on the back of his head.
(b) He has two different colored eyes.
(c) He has 6 fingers on one hand.
(d) He has a mechanical hand.
11. Why does the woman in the room where Joanna wakes up after being kidnapped laugh when she tells Joanna her name?
(a) Because she's there to rescue Joanna.
(b) She tells a joke about a bad doctor.
(c) Because she tells Joanna she won't remember the name very soon.
(d) Because she is Carrera's sister and likes to frighten people.
12. What makes Alex so uneasy about the inn where they stopped?
(a) All the rooms were on the first floor.
(b) It was too close to London.
(c) Someone knew him there.
(d) He knew too much about it.
13. Why did Chelgrin allow Lisa to be brainwashed?
(a) To save her life.
(b) He didn't know about it.
(c) He was interested in the results.
(d) To help his country.
14. How does Alex respond to the Herr Doktor's activities?
(a) He is resigned.
(b) He is mystified.
(c) He is outraged.
(d) Alex is not listening to this part.
15. What does Alex throw at Carrera?
(a) A brass lamp.
(b) An iron skillet.
(c) His gun.
(d) A rock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills Ursula?
2. How does Joanna feel that day?
3. What does Alex think about Chelgrin?
4. Where do Joanna and Alex take a train to?
5. Why do Alex and Joanna decide to go to San Moritz?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)