|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what condition is Alex when he awakes after being kidnapped?
(a) Tied up on a kitchen floor.
(b) Strapped to a metal table.
(c) Chained in a basement.
(d) Beaten with a couple of broken ribs.
2. What do they find in Chelgrin's room?
(a) Chelgrin is there but says they are in danger and all three must leave London.
(b) His body and a letter of apology to Joanna.
(d) A letter of apology to Joanna but no Chelgrin.
3. What makes Alex so uneasy about the inn where they stopped?
(a) Someone knew him there.
(b) All the rooms were on the first floor.
(c) He knew too much about it.
(d) It was too close to London.
4. How does Rotenhausen die?
(a) Gunshot wound.
(b) Broken neck.
(c) Heart attack.
(d) Bleeds out from a neck wound.
5. What happens the night they arrive at their destination?
(a) They are accosted by Carrera.
(b) They are arrested on a trumped-up charge.
(c) They make love for the first time.
(d) They miss their flight to England.
6. What does Joanna suggest to Mariko?
(a) That Mariko allow Wayne to stay at the nightclub apartments.
(b) That Mariko pursue a relationship with Wayne.
(c) That Mariko find a new singer for the nightclub.
(d) That Mariko assume singing at the club.
7. To whom does Alex thinks the place he is belongs?
(a) Thomas Chelgrin.
8. What has Peterson been doing?
(a) Compiling a list of the states Chelgrin is likely to win in a bid for the presidency.
(b) Bringing Chelgrin written reports on Lisa every month for twelve years.
(c) Making a plan to take out Alex.
(d) Gathering information about the Russian spy ring.
9. Who is Rotenhausen?
(a) Abrilliant scientist who developed a brainwashing technique that was considered revolutionary.
(b) A German soldier who gives Alex a letter.
(c) Chelgrin's head bodyguard.
(d) A Russian KGB agent in the lobby.
10. What was Alex's nightmare about the night they spent in the inn?
(a) Joanna running from him.
(b) Wayne being killed in the hospital.
(c) Joanna lying on a steel operating table.
(d) Doctors and Rio.
11. What does Carrera do to the woman who is at his house?
(a) Gives her new identity papers.
(b) Strangles her.
(c) Has abusive sex.
(d) Gives her secret correspondence to take to Russia.
12. What is odd about Herr Doktor?
(a) He has only one swatch of hair and it's on the back of his head.
(b) He has two different colored eyes.
(c) He has a mechanical hand.
(d) He has 6 fingers on one hand.
13. What does Joanna do when Rotenhausen unstraps her?
(a) Unplug his mechanical hand and jumps off the bed.
(b) Starts screaming.
(c) Begins saying her line from The Demolished Man.
(d) Falls to the floor.
14. Who is Anson Peterson?
(a) Carrera's boss.
(b) Chelgrin's contact.
(c) Chelgrin's aide.
(d) A CIA plant.
15. What does Alex throw at Carrera?
(a) A rock.
(b) An iron skillet.
(c) A brass lamp.
(d) His gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Joanna and Alex take a train to?
2. What do Joanna and Alex have to do after they rent a car to leave England?
3. Where do Joanna and Alex fly to from England?
4. About what does Marlowe think he needs to do concerning his employment?
5. What does Joanna tell Inamura?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)