|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alex think as he enters a library?
(a) There are no books on the shelves.
(b) It shouldn't be there.
(c) It looks ransacked.
(d) It seems very familiar.
2. What does Carrera do with Alex and Joanna's luggage?
(a) Check it out the front desk.
(c) Exchange it with Peterson's.
(d) Go through it looking for the Chelgrin files.
3. What does Chelgrin insist that Lisa undergo?
(a) The brainwashing technique again.
(b) Cosmetic surgery and the brainwashing technique.
(c) A test to determine where her loyalties lay.
(d) A forced relocation to Russia.
4. When they arrive at the hotel, about what does Alex have a premonition?
(a) That Peterson is in the lobby.
(b) That the KGB has an agent in the lobby.
(c) That Chelgrin is dead.
(d) That Chelgrin means to doublecross them.
5. What does Joanna confirm about Rotenhausen?
(a) That her father, Senator Chelgrin, used to meet with this man in the United States.
(b) That Rotenhausen speaks with a Russian accent even though he is dressed as a German soldier.
(c) That is the same Herr Doktor from her dreams.
(d) That she recognizes him as someone who broke into her room in Jamaica.
6. Why do Joanna and Alex go to a residential section of London when they are driving their rental car?
(a) To steal another car.
(b) To find Joanna's sister.
(c) To see how the British live.
(d) To shake a tail.
7. What does Alex do after he and Joanna are told to meet Chelgrin at his hotel?
(a) They follow the local man immediately.
(b) He calls Chelgrin first.
(c) He pays the local man to go to the hotel and pretend to be Alex.
(d) He takes Joanna back to their hotel first.
8. Where does Carrera find Alex after Alex escapes from him?
(a) Hiding in the woods.
(b) In the storm room.
(c) Under the truck.
(d) In the kitchen.
9. What does Alex do in response to the nightmare he had?
(a) Sat up all night with his gun to his head.
(b) Sat up all night with his gun in his lap.
(c) Had a couple of bourbons.
(d) Went for a long walk.
10. Who is Rotenhausen?
(a) Abrilliant scientist who developed a brainwashing technique that was considered revolutionary.
(b) A German soldier who gives Alex a letter.
(c) A Russian KGB agent in the lobby.
(d) Chelgrin's head bodyguard.
11. What does Herr Doktor do when he comes in the room?
(a) Slaps Joanna's face to see if she is still awake.
(b) Gives Joanna another injection.
(c) Just stands and looks at Joanna.
(d) Hypnotizes Joanna.
12. What does the woman do who comes into Joanna's room in the hypnotic remembering?
(a) The woman gives Joanna a shot.
(b) The woman tells Joanna to be a good girl.
(c) The woman tries to help Joanna escape.
(d) The woman binds Joanna's hands and feet.
13. About what does Marlowe think he needs to do concerning his employment?
(a) Getting the promotion.
(b) Finding out who is behind Carrera.
(c) Looking for anothrer job.
(d) Carrera undermining his authority.
14. What was the name of the inn where Alex and Joanna stopped?
(a) The Bell and The Dragon.
(b) The Heather in the Glen.
(c) The Village Pub and Inn.
15. What has Peterson been doing?
(a) Bringing Chelgrin written reports on Lisa every month for twelve years.
(b) Compiling a list of the states Chelgrin is likely to win in a bid for the presidency.
(c) Making a plan to take out Alex.
(d) Gathering information about the Russian spy ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills Ursula?
2. How does Carrera get Alex and Joanna out of the hotel?
3. What does Joanna tell Inamura?
4. What does Inamura do to get Joanna to overcome the post-hypnotic suggestion?
5. What does Joanna do when Rotenhausen unstraps her?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)