|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Carrera doing at the opening to Chapter 44?
(a) Stalking Alex and Joanna.
(b) Swimming in the ocean.
(c) Talking to Chelgrin on the phone.
(d) Working out in his gym.
2. Where does Alex find his gun?
(a) In the desk.
(b) Under an easy chair.
(c) Behind a book on the floor.
(d) On the window sill.
3. What do Joanna and Alex have to do after they rent a car to leave England?
(a) Shake a tail.
(b) Find a map.
(c) Find a weapon.
(d) Call Chelgrin.
4. What does Carrera do to the woman who is at his house?
(a) Gives her new identity papers.
(b) Has abusive sex.
(c) Gives her secret correspondence to take to Russia.
(d) Strangles her.
5. What happens to Marlowe's apartment when he enters and turns on the light?
(a) Carrera is waiting and beats him up.
(b) The light will not come on.
(d) It explodes.
6. What does Peterson tell Carrera via the phone?
(a) That the KGB has decided not to let Chelgrin stay in politics.
(b) That Joanna Rand must be kept from leaving Japan.
(c) That the KGB wishes Carrera to return to Russia.
(d) That Joanna Rand is on her way to London.
7. What was the name of the inn where Alex and Joanna stopped?
(a) The Village Pub and Inn.
(b) The Heather in the Glen.
(d) The Bell and The Dragon.
8. What does Herr Doktor do when he comes in the room?
(a) Hypnotizes Joanna.
(b) Gives Joanna another injection.
(c) Just stands and looks at Joanna.
(d) Slaps Joanna's face to see if she is still awake.
9. What awakens Joanna the next morning after her second session with Inamura?
(b) A panic attack.
10. What does Joanna do when Rotenhausen unstraps her?
(a) Falls to the floor.
(b) Begins saying her line from The Demolished Man.
(c) Unplug his mechanical hand and jumps off the bed.
(d) Starts screaming.
11. How does Joanna feel that day?
(b) Fearful of the nightmare returning.
12. What has Peterson been doing?
(a) Compiling a list of the states Chelgrin is likely to win in a bid for the presidency.
(b) Bringing Chelgrin written reports on Lisa every month for twelve years.
(c) Gathering information about the Russian spy ring.
(d) Making a plan to take out Alex.
13. What does Alex learn from a contact at his firm?
(a) That the lawyer who supposedly handled Joanna's inheritance has been dead for 15 years.
(b) That Carrera is on his way to Japan.
(c) That Senator Chelgrin is a likely candidate for a Supreme Court appointment.
(d) That the lawyer that supposedly handled Joanna's inheritance does not exist.
14. Where do Joanna and Alex go?
(a) To the police.
(b) To a local museum to meet Chelgrin.
(c) To a local museum to meet Peterson.
(d) To a local museum to meet Carrera.
15. Who kills Ursula?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alex think as he enters a library?
2. What does Herr Doktor say after injecting Joanna with a drug?
3. In what condition does Rotenhausen expect Joanna to be?
4. What wakens Joanna and Alex the first morning in London?
5. How does Carrera get Alex and Joanna out of the hotel?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)