|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alex think as he enters a library?
(a) There are no books on the shelves.
(b) It shouldn't be there.
(c) It looks ransacked.
(d) It seems very familiar.
2. About what does Marlowe think he needs to do concerning his employment?
(a) Carrera undermining his authority.
(b) Looking for anothrer job.
(c) Finding out who is behind Carrera.
(d) Getting the promotion.
3. How does Joanna feel that day?
(d) Fearful of the nightmare returning.
4. What does Joanna tell Inamura?
(a) What she sees outside the window in her dream and what is in the room.
(b) That she does not want to go any further with remembering.
(c) That the window is blackened out.
(d) That the window is a picture rather than a window as she had thought originally.
5. Where does Carrera find Alex after Alex escapes from him?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) Hiding in the woods.
(c) In the storm room.
(d) Under the truck.
6. Who is Rotenhausen?
(a) Abrilliant scientist who developed a brainwashing technique that was considered revolutionary.
(b) Chelgrin's head bodyguard.
(c) A German soldier who gives Alex a letter.
(d) A Russian KGB agent in the lobby.
7. Where is Joanna when she wakes after being kidnapped?
(a) In her father's hotel room.
(b) Tied up on a kitchen floor.
(c) Chained in a basement.
(d) Strapped to a hospital bed.
8. Who kills Ursula?
9. Where does Alex find his gun?
(a) In the desk.
(b) Under an easy chair.
(c) On the window sill.
(d) Behind a book on the floor.
10. What does Joanna confirm about Rotenhausen?
(a) That is the same Herr Doktor from her dreams.
(b) That her father, Senator Chelgrin, used to meet with this man in the United States.
(c) That Rotenhausen speaks with a Russian accent even though he is dressed as a German soldier.
(d) That she recognizes him as someone who broke into her room in Jamaica.
11. What does Alex learn from a contact at his firm?
(a) That the lawyer who supposedly handled Joanna's inheritance has been dead for 15 years.
(b) That Senator Chelgrin is a likely candidate for a Supreme Court appointment.
(c) That Carrera is on his way to Japan.
(d) That the lawyer that supposedly handled Joanna's inheritance does not exist.
12. Why do Joanna and Alex go to a residential section of London when they are driving their rental car?
(a) To shake a tail.
(b) To steal another car.
(c) To see how the British live.
(d) To find Joanna's sister.
13. What does some of what Chelgrin has to tell Alex have to do with?
(a) The political situation in the United States.
(b) The situation in the Middle East.
(c) The Russians.
(d) The Germans.
14. What awakens Joanna the next morning after her second session with Inamura?
(a) A panic attack.
15. What was Alex's nightmare about the night they spent in the inn?
(a) Joanna running from him.
(b) Wayne being killed in the hospital.
(c) Joanna lying on a steel operating table.
(d) Doctors and Rio.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Alex and Joanna buy at a department store?
2. How does Rotenhausen die?
3. What does Carrera fantasize about Joanna Rand?
4. What does Alex do after he breaks Carrera's grip on him?
5. What does Herr Doktor do when he comes in the room?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)