|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When they arrive at the hotel, about what does Alex have a premonition?
(a) That Chelgrin is dead.
(b) That Peterson is in the lobby.
(c) That Chelgrin means to doublecross them.
(d) That the KGB has an agent in the lobby.
2. What wakens Joanna and Alex the first morning in London?
(a) The phone ringing.
(b) Jackhammers across the street from their hotel.
(c) The fire alarm.
(d) A pounding on the door.
3. What does Joanna do when Rotenhausen unstraps her?
(a) Starts screaming.
(b) Begins saying her line from The Demolished Man.
(c) Falls to the floor.
(d) Unplug his mechanical hand and jumps off the bed.
4. What does Joanna tell Inamura?
(a) What she sees outside the window in her dream and what is in the room.
(b) That the window is a picture rather than a window as she had thought originally.
(c) That she does not want to go any further with remembering.
(d) That the window is blackened out.
5. What is Carrera doing at the opening to Chapter 44?
(a) Stalking Alex and Joanna.
(b) Swimming in the ocean.
(c) Talking to Chelgrin on the phone.
(d) Working out in his gym.
6. How does Carrera get Alex and Joanna out of the hotel?
(a) In a dumb waiter.
(b) In a laundry cart.
(c) By gun point.
(d) Through the kitchen.
7. What was the name of the inn where Alex and Joanna stopped?
(b) The Heather in the Glen.
(c) The Village Pub and Inn.
(d) The Bell and The Dragon.
8. Where do Joanna and Alex take a train to?
9. What does Alex do after he breaks Carrera's grip on him?
(a) Runs to the basement.
(b) Runs back to the kitchen.
(c) Goes upstairs.
(d) Runs into a storm room.
10. Why does the woman in the room where Joanna wakes up after being kidnapped laugh when she tells Joanna her name?
(a) Because she is Carrera's sister and likes to frighten people.
(b) Because she's there to rescue Joanna.
(c) She tells a joke about a bad doctor.
(d) Because she tells Joanna she won't remember the name very soon.
11. What makes Alex so uneasy about the inn where they stopped?
(a) Someone knew him there.
(b) It was too close to London.
(c) All the rooms were on the first floor.
(d) He knew too much about it.
12. What awakens Joanna the next morning after her second session with Inamura?
(a) A panic attack.
13. To whom does Alex thinks the place he is belongs?
(b) Thomas Chelgrin.
14. What do Joanna and Alex have to do after they rent a car to leave England?
(a) Call Chelgrin.
(b) Shake a tail.
(c) Find a weapon.
(d) Find a map.
15. In what condition does Rotenhausen expect Joanna to be?
(a) Beaten up.
(b) Wide awake.
(d) Screaming from a nightmare.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Alex go to get a new license plate for the rental car?
2. What does the woman do who comes into Joanna's room in the hypnotic remembering?
3. What does Alex do with it after he finds his gun?
4. Why did Chelgrin allow Lisa to be brainwashed?
5. What does Joanna suggest to Mariko?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)