|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Joanna in Chapter 1?
(a) Kyoto, Japan.
(b) Beijing, China.
(d) Tokyo, Japan.
2. What reason does Joanna offer Alex for her panic attack?
(a) She tells him about the dream.
(b) She says she does not know what set it off.
(c) She refuses to even discuss it.
(d) She says she remembers her father has only one arm.
3. What fascinates Joanna?
(a) That Alex could see the resemblance between her and Lisa since Joanna cannot see it.
(b) How she looks so much like Lisa Chelgrin.
(c) That someone is going to so much trouble to keep Joanna's identity secure.
(d) That Alex ends up where Joanna is living.
4. Why is Kennedy refusing medical assistance?
(a) He doesn't trust the parmedics.
(b) He needs to talk to Alex first.
(c) He is not in pain.
(d) He doesn't understand Japanese.
5. What seems to match completely?
(a) Lisa and Joanna's fingerprints.
(b) Lisa and Joanna's coloring.
(c) Lisa and Joanna's scars.
(d) Lisa and Joanna's eye markings.
6. Why does Alex suggest he move in to a spare room at the night club?
(a) To be closer to Joanna.
(b) To protect Joanna.
(c) To save money.
(d) To throw his pursuers off his trail.
7. Why does Alex question the existence of the lawyer?
(a) Joanna never actually meets him.
(b) Joanna can offer no specific details though he is a family friend.
(c) The lawyer never once contacted Joanna after giving her the inheiritance.
(d) The lawyer's language in the letter is not legalese.
8. How can Joanna afford to open a nightclub?
(a) From an inheritance from her parents.
(b) Money from a divorce settlement.
(c) Money from good investing in the stock market.
(d) Money from her deceased husband.
9. What does Alex say about Senator Chelgrin?
(a) That Alex never trusted Chelgrin, who may be behind Lisa's kidnapping.
(b) That Chelgrin will be delighted.
(c) That Chelgrin is deceased.
(d) That Chelgrin may not believe it after these many years.
10. Who has a gun?
(b) The thief who steals the woman's purse.
(c) No one.
(d) A man following Alex.
11. What is the Demolished Man?
(a) A short story by Willa Cather.
(b) A code name for a top secret CIA operation.
(c) A science fiction novel.
(d) A poem by T. S. Eliot.
12. Who does Alex attack?
(a) A thief who attacks several teens.
(b) A thief who took an elderly woman's purse.
(c) A man who is following him.
(d) A man who is beating his wife.
13. Why can't Alex sleep?
(a) He is worried about the threat on his life.
(b) He is obsessing about Joanna.
(c) He is worried about his business if he doesn't leave soon.
(d) He thinks he will divorce his wife.
14. What frustrates Joanna so much?
(a) That her father thinks she is dead.
(b) That Alex pushes her to open up her past.
(c) Not knowing why someone would do this to her.
(d) That her father may be the instigator of this.
15. When Inamura regresses Joanna to the period before her parents die, how does she describe them?
(a) She can describe her mother but not her father.
(b) She gives very detailed descriptions.
(c) She can describe her father but not her mother.
(d) She is unable to do so.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Joanna decide to take too many sleeping pills?
2. What is the Moonglow Lounge?
3. How long has Joanna been living where she is presently?
4. Of whom does Alex suddenly realize Joanna resembles?
5. What does Joanna believe is the cause of her panic attack?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)