|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alex tell Mariko when she returns from the hospital?
(a) His conviction that Joanna is Lisa Chelgrin.
(b) That Wayne is in danger.
(c) That they must contact Senator Chelgrin.
(d) That Joanna must travel to England.
2. How can Joanna afford to open a nightclub?
(a) Money from good investing in the stock market.
(b) Money from a divorce settlement.
(c) From an inheritance from her parents.
(d) Money from her deceased husband.
3. What concerns the man calling Carrera?
(a) That the hypnotherapy will cause too much emotional trauma.
(b) That Wayne is not protected enough in the hospital.
(c) That Joanna will go to England and make some discoveries.
(d) That Carrera's fees are too high.
4. Who does Joanna think is the cause of the attack?
(a) The sushi she has for dinner.
(c) The picture of her Senator Chelgrin.
(d) Remembering everything.
5. What happens when Alex and Joanna start kissing?
(a) Joanna says she wants to go to bed with Alex.
(b) Alex stops it, saying that he wants it to be at the right time.
(c) Joanna stops it with a panic attack.
(d) Joanna tells him that she is not interested in him except as a friend.
6. What do Alex and Joanna do before going through the Chelgrin file?
(a) Joanna takes a tranquilizer.
(b) Have dinner.
(c) Joanna does some relaxation exercises.
(d) Joanna gets hypnotized.
7. What does Alex suspect when he enters his motel room?
(a) That the room service is not hotel staff.
(b) That someone has been inside his room.
(c) That Mariko will have some answers for Alex.
(d) That Joanna will not see him again.
8. Under what pseudonym is The Key to Midnight first written?
(a) Leigh Nichols.
(b) Nicky Leighton.
(c) Nick Lasker.
(d) Mark Clemons.
9. What does the bellhop come to tell Alex?
(a) That there is a man to see him downstairs.
(b) That there has been an accident downstairs.
(c) That Joanna is downstairs.
(d) That the room has to be vacated today.
10. What does Joanna tell Alex about the dream?
(a) That she knows the man is actually her father.
(b) That she wants to dream it that night and try to figure it out.
(c) That she wants hypnotism to suppress the dream
(d) It is driving her crazy and she has to learn the name of the man she sees in the dream.
11. What is the phone call to Alex about the next morning?
(a) A plea to leave Joanna alone or they will have to kill her.
(b) The FBI telling him to back off from investigating Joanna.
(c) His office saying he has to get back to the States immediately.
(d) A statement that Alex is about to receive a warning to stay away from Joanna.
12. What proof does the letters Joanna has offer of her past?
(a) Letters from several aunts.
(b) Letters from her mother and father.
(c) An inheiritance and life insurance policy payout.
(d) Letters from a grandmother.
13. Why does Alex wander around the entertainment district?
(a) He is looking for someone to keep his mind off Joanna.
(b) Because he is being followed.
(c) He is sightseeing.
(d) He hopes to go back to Moonglow in a few hours and see Joanna.
14. What does Alex ask the man he disables?
(a) Why he would pick on a defenseless elderly woman.
(b) What the man's wife did to deserve such violence.
(d) Why he is following Alex.
15. What does Alex tell Joanna about on the way back to the Moonglow?
(a) About Thomas Chelgrin.
(b) About his time in Viet Nam.
(c) About his first marriage.
(d) About his time in Korea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sets Joanna into a terrible panic attack?
2. What does Alex tell Mariko to tell Wayne?
3. Of whom does Alex suddenly realize Joanna resembles?
4. What does Joanna's private physician decide?
5. How long has Joanna been living where she is presently?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)