|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of whom does Alex suddenly realize Joanna resembles?
(a) His sister-in-law whom he adores.
(b) A woman he dated in college.
(c) A famous movie actress.
(d) The daughter of an American senator who went missing years ago.
2. How long has Joanna been living where she is presently?
(a) 10 years.
(b) Six months.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 6 years.
3. What does Joanna believe is the cause of her panic attack?
(a) A strange phone call she receives.
(b) Her upcoming performance.
(c) Bad food.
4. What is the Demolished Man?
(a) A poem by T. S. Eliot.
(b) A science fiction novel.
(c) A short story by Willa Cather.
(d) A code name for a top secret CIA operation.
5. What does Alex ask the man he disables?
(a) Why he would pick on a defenseless elderly woman.
(b) Why he is following Alex.
(c) What the man's wife did to deserve such violence.
6. What does Mariko suggest?
(a) Traveling to England to check out the letters more thoroughly.
(b) Hypnotherapy with Mariko's uncle.
(c) Sleeping on the whole thing.
(d) Traveling to the United States.
7. Where is Joanna born?
(d) The United States.
8. What does Joanna say when Inamura asks what is outside the window?
(a) Joanna describes snow-capped mountains.
(b) Joanna suddenly begins reciting an odd sentence.
(c) Joanna describes what has to be Seattle, Washington.
(d) Joanna describes a harbor scene.
9. Why can't Alex sleep?
(a) He is worried about his business if he doesn't leave soon.
(b) He is worried about the threat on his life.
(c) He is obsessing about Joanna.
(d) He thinks he will divorce his wife.
10. Why does Alex rush to Joanna's room?
(a) She is struggling with an intruder.
(b) She is having a nightmare.
(c) She has attempted to kill herself.
(d) She calls for him.
11. What fascinates Joanna?
(a) That Alex ends up where Joanna is living.
(b) That someone is going to so much trouble to keep Joanna's identity secure.
(c) That Alex could see the resemblance between her and Lisa since Joanna cannot see it.
(d) How she looks so much like Lisa Chelgrin.
12. What does the bellhop come to tell Alex?
(a) That there has been an accident downstairs.
(b) That there is a man to see him downstairs.
(c) That Joanna is downstairs.
(d) That the room has to be vacated today.
13. What does Joanna tell Alex about the dream?
(a) That she wants to dream it that night and try to figure it out.
(b) That she wants hypnotism to suppress the dream
(c) It is driving her crazy and she has to learn the name of the man she sees in the dream.
(d) That she knows the man is actually her father.
14. What does Joanna say when Inamura first asks her about the name Lisa Chelgrin?
(a) She says that is her.
(b) She says it sounds familiar.
(c) She does not answer.
(d) She denies knowing the name.
15. Who calls Alex about Joanna?
(a) The bellhop.
(b) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Alex aware of when he drives back to his hotel?
2. What does Alex tell Joanna about on the way back to the Moonglow?
3. Who has a gun?
4. When Alex asks if Joanna will let him tell her more about the Chelgrin family, what is her response?
5. How does Inaumra quell the panic attack?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)