|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is happening in Joanna's nightmare?
(a) A man with a mechanical arm is staring at Joanna who is on the subway.
(b) A man with a hypodermic is injecting Joanna's mother.
(c) A man with a mechanical hand is standing over her reaching for a hypodermic needle.
(d) A man with a mechanical eye is staring at Joanna.
2. What does Alex start believing is wrong with Joanna?
(a) She has become too Oriental in her outlook.
(b) She wanted to disappear.
(c) She has a brain tumor.
(d) She has been brainwashed.
3. Why can't Alex sleep?
(a) He is obsessing about Joanna.
(b) He thinks he will divorce his wife.
(c) He is worried about his business if he doesn't leave soon.
(d) He is worried about the threat on his life.
4. What is Carrera's response to his caller's concerns?
(a) He says Joanna will not leave Japan.
(b) He says Joanna is not actually Lisa Chelgrin.
(c) He says Joanna can go to England but will find nothing.
(d) He says Joanna will not leave China.
5. From where does an intruder jump Alex?
(a) Under the bed.
(b) Behind the bathroom door.
(c) The balcony.
(d) The closet.
6. What do Alex and Joanna do before going through the Chelgrin file?
(a) Have dinner.
(b) Joanna does some relaxation exercises.
(c) Joanna gets hypnotized.
(d) Joanna takes a tranquilizer.
7. What does the man say in response?
(a) Because his wife looked at another man in a familiar way.
(b) Because he knows the elderly woman has more money than she needs.
(d) The teens stole from him first.
8. Who is Wayne Kennedy?
(a) Alex's boss.
(b) An agent with Alex's security firm.
(c) The assistant director of the FBI.
(d) Alex's brother-in-law.
9. How does Thomas Chelgrin make his fortune?
(a) Owing a car dealership.
(c) Good stock investments.
(d) Real Estate.
10. What happens as they look at the photos?
(a) Joanna faints.
(b) Joanna starts screaming.
(c) Joanna has a panic attack.
(d) Joanna suddenly remembers everything.
11. Where is Joanna born?
(c) The United States.
12. What happens during the night?
(a) Joanna starts feeling quite ill.
(b) Alex is attacked in his hotel room.
(c) Alex is called back to the United States.
(d) Joanna has her recurrent dream.
13. Why does Alex suggest he move in to a spare room at the night club?
(a) To be closer to Joanna.
(b) To save money.
(c) To protect Joanna.
(d) To throw his pursuers off his trail.
14. How long has Joanna been living where she is presently?
(a) Six months.
(b) 6 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 10 years.
15. How can Joanna afford to open a nightclub?
(a) Money from a divorce settlement.
(b) Money from good investing in the stock market.
(c) Money from her deceased husband.
(d) From an inheritance from her parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Alex aware of when he drives back to his hotel?
2. Why does Alex know about the missing daughter of the Senator?
3. Who calls Alex about Joanna?
4. Why is Kennedy refusing medical assistance?
5. What is Joanna's response?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)