|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Thomas Chelgrin make his fortune?
(a) Owing a car dealership.
(b) Real Estate.
(c) Good stock investments.
2. What does Alex suspect when he enters his motel room?
(a) That Joanna will not see him again.
(b) That the room service is not hotel staff.
(c) That Mariko will have some answers for Alex.
(d) That someone has been inside his room.
3. Why is Kennedy refusing medical assistance?
(a) He doesn't understand Japanese.
(b) He needs to talk to Alex first.
(c) He doesn't trust the parmedics.
(d) He is not in pain.
4. What is in the briefcase?
(a) The Chelgrin file.
(d) Top secret papers from the FBI.
5. How does the man warn Alex?
(a) That Alex will be killed if he continues his involvment with Joanne.
(b) That the teens will turn around and thank Alex by stealing from him.
(c) That the police will believe the Japanese man over Alex.
(d) That Westerners should stay out of the Japanese private matters.
6. What does Alex do when he hears about Joanna?
(a) He packs his suitcase.
(b) He rushes to the hotel.
(c) He calls his private physician.
(d) He goes after the man who followed him.
7. What does Alex say about Senator Chelgrin?
(a) That Alex never trusted Chelgrin, who may be behind Lisa's kidnapping.
(b) That Chelgrin may not believe it after these many years.
(c) That Chelgrin will be delighted.
(d) That Chelgrin is deceased.
8. Why does Alex suggest he move in to a spare room at the night club?
(a) To be closer to Joanna.
(b) To throw his pursuers off his trail.
(c) To save money.
(d) To protect Joanna.
9. What is the Gion?
(a) Kyoto's entertainment district.
(b) A wine grown locally.
(c) Tokyo's entertainment district.
(d) A special type of Saki.
10. When does Joanna have a panic attack?
(a) When she is asked to gvie the address where she grows up.
(b) When she is asked to give a description of a room.
(c) When she is asked to name her school chums.
(d) When she is asked about her coming to Japan.
11. What does Mariko suggest?
(a) Traveling to the United States.
(b) Hypnotherapy with Mariko's uncle.
(c) Sleeping on the whole thing.
(d) Traveling to England to check out the letters more thoroughly.
12. What happens to Joanna as soon as she is alone in her apartment?
(a) She throws up several times.
(b) A man comes to see her.
(c) She is attacked by a hooded man.
(d) She has a panic attack.
13. How long does Alex intend to stay in Japan?
(a) A couple months.
(b) A few days.
(c) He is not sure.
(d) A few weeks.
14. Where is Joanna in Chapter 1?
(a) Tokyo, Japan.
(c) Beijing, China.
(d) Kyoto, Japan.
15. What does Alex attempt to do when conversing with Joanna?
(a) Learn how she learned to sing so well.
(b) Find out if Joanna is seeing anyone romantically.
(c) Convince Joanna to move to the United States and open a nightclub with him.
(d) Determine if she might be Lisa Chelgrin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alex ask the man he disables?
2. What does Joanna tell Alex about the dream?
3. What does Kennedy tell Alex about the briefcase?
4. Who is waiting for Joanna to start her first set of the night?
5. When Inamura regresses Joanna to the period before her parents die, how does she describe them?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)