|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the bellhop come to tell Alex?
(a) That Joanna is downstairs.
(b) That there is a man to see him downstairs.
(c) That there has been an accident downstairs.
(d) That the room has to be vacated today.
2. What have the paramedics done to Joanna?
(a) Checked her vitals and decided she didn't take enough pills to worry about.
(b) Pumped her stomach.
(c) Given her an antidote.
3. What does Joanna do after her set?
(a) Goes to her room.
(b) Eats dinner.
(c) Sits with Mariko and talks.
(d) Makes her way through the crowd speaking to customers.
4. Who calls Carrera?
5. About what does Alex ask detailed questions?
(a) Lisa Chelgrin.
(b) Joanna's parents.
(c) Senator Chelgrin.
(d) Joanna's siblings.
6. What does Alex discover when he gets to the Moonglow?
(a) The club is closed for the night.
(b) The doorman refuses entry to Alex.
(c) Joanna is ill and not performing.
(d) The police force Alex to leave the club.
7. Who is Lisa Chelgrin?
(a) Alex's ex-wife.
(b) The name of the Senator's daughter who had disappeared.
(c) Alex's sister.
(d) Joanna's best friend from college.
8. How long does Alex intend to stay in Japan?
(a) He is not sure.
(b) A couple months.
(c) A few weeks.
(d) A few days.
9. What do Alex and Joanna do before going through the Chelgrin file?
(a) Joanna takes a tranquilizer.
(b) Have dinner.
(c) Joanna gets hypnotized.
(d) Joanna does some relaxation exercises.
10. When a man seems to be getting too close to Joanna, what happens?
(a) She clings to him and then becomes distraught when the relationship ends.
(b) She refuses to see the man.
(c) She gets frightened of commitment.
(d) She becomes a different person.
11. What sets Joanna into a terrible panic attack?
(a) Alex telling a joke about a doctor and a hypodermic syringe.
(b) Seeing a hospital.
(c) Seeing a man with one arm at the castle.
(d) Telling Alex she is from England.
12. What does Joanna's private physician decide?
(a) To admit her to the hospital.
(b) That she is okay to stay in her apartment that night.
(c) To have a psychiatrist come to the apartment and evaluate Joanna.
(d) To check her in to a mental hospital.
13. What happens when Joanna decides not to see Alex again?
(a) She starts feeling even more anxious.
(b) There is no change in her emotional state.
(c) Her panic attack ends.
(d) She faints.
14. What does Wayne's doctor tell him?
(a) They are able to save his leg.
(b) The leg is fine but his arm has to be amputated at the elbow.
(c) They had to amputate part of his leg.
(d) They had to put 2 pins in but they still may not save the leg.
15. Why does Alex question the existence of the lawyer?
(a) Joanna never actually meets him.
(b) The lawyer's language in the letter is not legalese.
(c) The lawyer never once contacted Joanna after giving her the inheiritance.
(d) Joanna can offer no specific details though he is a family friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Alex not want to rush their relationship?
2. What is an indication that the man who Alex attacks is a professional?
3. What happens as they look at the photos?
4. What is the Gion?
5. What does Alex tell Mariko when she returns from the hospital?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)