|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Joanna's response?
(a) She gets irate.
(b) She agrees that she is in an emotional state at the moment.
(c) She pretends to not hear Alex.
(d) She does not understand why Alex calls her by the wrong name.
2. What does Alex call Joanna?
(a) An emotional wreck.
(d) An imbecile.
3. What does Alex tell Joanna about on the way back to the Moonglow?
(a) About his time in Viet Nam.
(b) About Thomas Chelgrin.
(c) About his time in Korea.
(d) About his first marriage.
4. Who is Wayne Kennedy?
(a) Alex's brother-in-law.
(b) Alex's boss.
(c) An agent with Alex's security firm.
(d) The assistant director of the FBI.
5. Why is Joanna depressed?
(a) At feeling so alone in the world.
(b) About the dream she keeps having.
(c) About the finances at the nightclub.
(d) About her decision to freeze Alex out of her life.
6. How long has Joanna been living where she is presently?
(a) Six months.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 6 years.
7. What is the Demolished Man?
(a) A poem by T. S. Eliot.
(b) A science fiction novel.
(c) A short story by Willa Cather.
(d) A code name for a top secret CIA operation.
8. Where does Kennedy go after speaking with Alex?
(a) To the nightclub owned by Joanna.
(b) Back to the airport.
(c) To his hotel room.
(d) To the hospital.
9. What is happening in Joanna's nightmare?
(a) A man with a mechanical arm is staring at Joanna who is on the subway.
(b) A man with a mechanical hand is standing over her reaching for a hypodermic needle.
(c) A man with a mechanical eye is staring at Joanna.
(d) A man with a hypodermic is injecting Joanna's mother.
10. Why does Alex rush to Joanna's room?
(a) She is having a nightmare.
(b) She is struggling with an intruder.
(c) She has attempted to kill herself.
(d) She calls for him.
11. Who does Alex attack?
(a) A man who is beating his wife.
(b) A thief who attacks several teens.
(c) A man who is following him.
(d) A thief who took an elderly woman's purse.
12. Who calls Carrera?
13. Where do Alex and Joanna go after the Nijo Castle?
(a) To the Moonglow.
(b) To Alex's motel room.
(c) To the hospital.
(d) To the movies.
14. What does Alex do when he hears about Joanna?
(a) He calls his private physician.
(b) He packs his suitcase.
(c) He rushes to the hotel.
(d) He goes after the man who followed him.
15. What happens when Joanna calls the number of the insurance company that issued the life insurance check?
(a) The records are destroyed after seven years.
(b) The company never existed.
(c) The company verifies Joanna's claim.
(d) The number is out of service.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Alex asks if Joanna will let him tell her more about the Chelgrin family, what is her response?
2. What does Inamura think is the reason for the panic attack?
3. What is in the briefcase?
4. What happens during the night?
5. What does Joanna believe is the cause of her panic attack?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)