|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mariko Inamura?
(a) Joanna's manager.
(b) The only other female nightclub owner in Japan.
(c) Joanna's sister-in-law.
(d) The woman for whom Alex is searching.
2. How can Joanna afford to open a nightclub?
(a) Money from good investing in the stock market.
(b) Money from her deceased husband.
(c) Money from a divorce settlement.
(d) From an inheritance from her parents.
3. When Inamura regresses Joanna to the period before her parents die, how does she describe them?
(a) She gives very detailed descriptions.
(b) She can describe her mother but not her father.
(c) She can describe her father but not her mother.
(d) She is unable to do so.
4. What do Alex and Joanna do before going through the Chelgrin file?
(a) Joanna takes a tranquilizer.
(b) Joanna does some relaxation exercises.
(c) Have dinner.
(d) Joanna gets hypnotized.
5. What reason does Joanna offer Alex for her panic attack?
(a) She says she remembers her father has only one arm.
(b) She refuses to even discuss it.
(c) She tells him about the dream.
(d) She says she does not know what set it off.
6. With what is Alex enchanted?
(a) The Moonglow Lounge and Joanna Rand.
7. When Alex is fighting the man, what happens to stop the fight?
(a) The man cuts Alex with a knife.
(b) The man has a heart attack.
(c) The police pound on the door.
(d) Alex is able to get his gun and shoot the man.
8. Of what does Omi Inamura warn Joanna?
(a) That she cannot stop the memories once they start.
(b) That she will probably become very distraught.
(c) He does not usually conduct hypnosis in the first session.
(d) He does not warn her of anything.
9. What does Alex do when he hears about Joanna?
(a) He packs his suitcase.
(b) He goes after the man who followed him.
(c) He rushes to the hotel.
(d) He calls his private physician.
10. What does Alex tell Mariko when she returns from the hospital?
(a) That Joanna must travel to England.
(b) His conviction that Joanna is Lisa Chelgrin.
(c) That they must contact Senator Chelgrin.
(d) That Wayne is in danger.
11. What does Alex discover when he gets to the Moonglow?
(a) The doorman refuses entry to Alex.
(b) The police force Alex to leave the club.
(c) The club is closed for the night.
(d) Joanna is ill and not performing.
12. Why does Alex rush to Joanna's room?
(a) She is having a nightmare.
(b) She is struggling with an intruder.
(c) She has attempted to kill herself.
(d) She calls for him.
13. What does Mariko suggest?
(a) Sleeping on the whole thing.
(b) Hypnotherapy with Mariko's uncle.
(c) Traveling to England to check out the letters more thoroughly.
(d) Traveling to the United States.
14. What does Joanna believe is the cause of her panic attack?
(a) Bad food.
(b) A strange phone call she receives.
(c) Her upcoming performance.
15. What frustrates Joanna so much?
(a) That her father may be the instigator of this.
(b) That Alex pushes her to open up her past.
(c) That her father thinks she is dead.
(d) Not knowing why someone would do this to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. When a man seems to be getting too close to Joanna, what happens?
2. Who does Joanna think is the cause of the attack?
3. What does Alex tell Joanna about on the way back to the Moonglow?
4. What does Alex tell Mariko to tell Wayne?
5. What have the paramedics done to Joanna?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)