|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Alex and Joanna go after the Nijo Castle?
(a) To Alex's motel room.
(b) To the Moonglow.
(c) To the movies.
(d) To the hospital.
2. Who is Ignacio Carrera?
(a) A psychiatrist who specializes in brainwashing.
(b) A hired killer who takes a great deal of pleasure in killing.
(c) A bodyguard hired to protect Wayne.
(d) One of Alex's employees.
3. Who does Joanna think is the cause of the attack?
(a) The picture of her Senator Chelgrin.
(c) The sushi she has for dinner.
(d) Remembering everything.
4. What is happening in Joanna's nightmare?
(a) A man with a mechanical hand is standing over her reaching for a hypodermic needle.
(b) A man with a mechanical eye is staring at Joanna.
(c) A man with a mechanical arm is staring at Joanna who is on the subway.
(d) A man with a hypodermic is injecting Joanna's mother.
5. Why does Alex suggest he move in to a spare room at the night club?
(a) To protect Joanna.
(b) To throw his pursuers off his trail.
(c) To be closer to Joanna.
(d) To save money.
6. What happens when Alex and Joanna start kissing?
(a) Joanna stops it with a panic attack.
(b) Joanna tells him that she is not interested in him except as a friend.
(c) Alex stops it, saying that he wants it to be at the right time.
(d) Joanna says she wants to go to bed with Alex.
7. Who is Wayne Kennedy?
(a) An agent with Alex's security firm.
(b) Alex's brother-in-law.
(c) Alex's boss.
(d) The assistant director of the FBI.
8. Where is Joanna in Chapter 1?
(a) Beijing, China.
(b) Tokyo, Japan.
(c) Kyoto, Japan.
9. How does Thomas Chelgrin make his fortune?
(a) Owing a car dealership.
(b) Good stock investments.
(c) Real Estate.
10. What frustrates Joanna so much?
(a) Not knowing why someone would do this to her.
(b) That her father may be the instigator of this.
(c) That her father thinks she is dead.
(d) That Alex pushes her to open up her past.
11. Where does the phone number on the lawyer's letter ring?
(a) To an antique store.
(b) To a pay phone.
(c) It is out of service.
(d) To a private sanitorium.
12. What does the man say in response?
(a) Because he knows the elderly woman has more money than she needs.
(b) Because his wife looked at another man in a familiar way.
(d) The teens stole from him first.
13. What do Alex and Joanna do before going through the Chelgrin file?
(a) Have dinner.
(b) Joanna takes a tranquilizer.
(c) Joanna gets hypnotized.
(d) Joanna does some relaxation exercises.
14. What is required before Joanna can give any more information?
(a) Sodium pentathol.
(b) A passcode in response to what she says.
(c) A break because she has been under so long.
(d) A different approach.
15. Why does Alex rush to Joanna's room?
(a) She is struggling with an intruder.
(b) She calls for him.
(c) She is having a nightmare.
(d) She has attempted to kill herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lisa Chelgrin?
2. What seems to match completely?
3. How does Inaumra quell the panic attack?
4. What does Kennedy tell Alex about the briefcase?
5. What does Alex attempt to do when conversing with Joanna?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)