|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is required before Joanna can give any more information?
(a) A passcode in response to what she says.
(b) A break because she has been under so long.
(c) Sodium pentathol.
(d) A different approach.
2. What proof does the letters Joanna has offer of her past?
(a) An inheiritance and life insurance policy payout.
(b) Letters from a grandmother.
(c) Letters from several aunts.
(d) Letters from her mother and father.
3. Why does Joanna decide to take too many sleeping pills?
(a) To end her pain.
(b) She gets confused about how many she has already taken.
(c) To punish Alex.
(d) She does not know why.
4. What does Alex ask the man he disables?
(a) Why he is following Alex.
(b) Why he would pick on a defenseless elderly woman.
(d) What the man's wife did to deserve such violence.
5. Who has a gun?
(a) No one.
(c) A man following Alex.
(d) The thief who steals the woman's purse.
6. To what does Alex compare Joanna's singing?
(a) Some of the greatest jazz singers of the past.
(b) A songbird.
(c) A nightingale.
(d) He does not mention her singing.
7. What happens when Alex and Joanna start kissing?
(a) Joanna tells him that she is not interested in him except as a friend.
(b) Joanna says she wants to go to bed with Alex.
(c) Joanna stops it with a panic attack.
(d) Alex stops it, saying that he wants it to be at the right time.
8. Where is Joanna born?
(d) The United States.
9. What seems to match completely?
(a) Lisa and Joanna's scars.
(b) Lisa and Joanna's fingerprints.
(c) Lisa and Joanna's eye markings.
(d) Lisa and Joanna's coloring.
10. What is the Demolished Man?
(a) A code name for a top secret CIA operation.
(b) A poem by T. S. Eliot.
(c) A science fiction novel.
(d) A short story by Willa Cather.
11. What does Joanna tell Alex about the dream?
(a) It is driving her crazy and she has to learn the name of the man she sees in the dream.
(b) That she wants hypnotism to suppress the dream
(c) That she knows the man is actually her father.
(d) That she wants to dream it that night and try to figure it out.
12. After the attack subsides, how does Joanna feel?
(a) Free for the first time in years.
(b) Angry at Alex.
(c) Extremely depressed.
13. What does the bellhop come to tell Alex?
(a) That the room has to be vacated today.
(b) That there is a man to see him downstairs.
(c) That Joanna is downstairs.
(d) That there has been an accident downstairs.
14. Where does Joanna say she grew up?
(b) The United States.
15. When Alex is fighting the man, what happens to stop the fight?
(a) Alex is able to get his gun and shoot the man.
(b) The man cuts Alex with a knife.
(c) The man has a heart attack.
(d) The police pound on the door.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Joanna offer Alex for her panic attack?
2. How can Joanna afford to open a nightclub?
3. What is the Moonglow Lounge?
4. Who is the star attraction in the lounge of Joanna's nightclub?
5. When Alex asks if Joanna will let him tell her more about the Chelgrin family, what is her response?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)