|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alex call Joanna?
(c) An emotional wreck.
(d) An imbecile.
2. When Inamura regresses Joanna to the period before her parents die, how does she describe them?
(a) She can describe her mother but not her father.
(b) She gives very detailed descriptions.
(c) She can describe her father but not her mother.
(d) She is unable to do so.
3. Why does Alex question the existence of the lawyer?
(a) The lawyer's language in the letter is not legalese.
(b) Joanna can offer no specific details though he is a family friend.
(c) The lawyer never once contacted Joanna after giving her the inheiritance.
(d) Joanna never actually meets him.
4. What seems to match completely?
(a) Lisa and Joanna's coloring.
(b) Lisa and Joanna's eye markings.
(c) Lisa and Joanna's fingerprints.
(d) Lisa and Joanna's scars.
5. Of what does Omi Inamura warn Joanna?
(a) That she cannot stop the memories once they start.
(b) That she will probably become very distraught.
(c) He does not usually conduct hypnosis in the first session.
(d) He does not warn her of anything.
6. What happens when Joanna calls the number of the insurance company that issued the life insurance check?
(a) The company never existed.
(b) The number is out of service.
(c) The records are destroyed after seven years.
(d) The company verifies Joanna's claim.
7. To what does Alex compare Joanna's singing?
(a) He does not mention her singing.
(b) A nightingale.
(c) Some of the greatest jazz singers of the past.
(d) A songbird.
8. Where do Alex and Joanna go after the Nijo Castle?
(a) To the movies.
(b) To the Moonglow.
(c) To Alex's motel room.
(d) To the hospital.
9. What does Joanna say when Inamura first asks her about the name Lisa Chelgrin?
(a) She denies knowing the name.
(b) She says that is her.
(c) She says it sounds familiar.
(d) She does not answer.
10. Where does the phone number on the lawyer's letter ring?
(a) To a private sanitorium.
(b) It is out of service.
(c) To a pay phone.
(d) To an antique store.
11. Who joins Alex to sit with Wayne?
(a) A nurse.
(b) No one.
12. Who does Alex attack?
(a) A man who is beating his wife.
(b) A thief who attacks several teens.
(c) A man who is following him.
(d) A thief who took an elderly woman's purse.
13. Why does Senator Chelgrin hire Alex?
(a) He does not hire him. Alex volunteers his assistance.
(b) Because Alex was in Jamaica at the time.
(c) Because they are good friends.
(d) Because the Jamaican police were useless in finding Lisa.
14. Who is Mariko Inamura?
(a) The woman for whom Alex is searching.
(b) Joanna's sister-in-law.
(c) The only other female nightclub owner in Japan.
(d) Joanna's manager.
15. What happens when Alex and Joanna start kissing?
(a) Alex stops it, saying that he wants it to be at the right time.
(b) Joanna stops it with a panic attack.
(c) Joanna tells him that she is not interested in him except as a friend.
(d) Joanna says she wants to go to bed with Alex.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many other cases besides that of the missing Lisa Chelgrin has Alex been unable to solve?
2. After the attack subsides, how does Joanna feel?
3. What happens as they look at the photos?
4. What is required before Joanna can give any more information?
5. Why is Kennedy refusing medical assistance?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)