|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under what pseudonym is The Key to Midnight first written?
(a) Nicky Leighton.
(b) Leigh Nichols.
(c) Nick Lasker.
(d) Mark Clemons.
2. To what field does Thomas turn his attention after becoming wealthy?
(a) Missionary work.
3. Why does Mariko think Joanna should see a psychiatrist?
(a) To talk about her parents' death.
(b) To talk about her tendency to stay uninvolved in romantic relationships.
(c) To receive hypnosis to learn about a recurring dream.
(d) To talk about being an American expatriot.
4. Where does Kennedy go after speaking with Alex?
(a) To his hotel room.
(b) Back to the airport.
(c) To the hospital.
(d) To the nightclub owned by Joanna.
5. What is the Moonglow Lounge?
(a) A honky tonk club in New Orleans where Joanna first learns to sing.
(b) Joanna's nightclub.
(c) A nightclub in NYC after which Joanna patterns her nightclub.
(d) The nightclub with whom Joanna has the most competition.
6. Where does the phone number on the lawyer's letter ring?
(a) To an antique store.
(b) It is out of service.
(c) To a pay phone.
(d) To a private sanitorium.
7. What seems to match completely?
(a) Lisa and Joanna's coloring.
(b) Lisa and Joanna's fingerprints.
(c) Lisa and Joanna's eye markings.
(d) Lisa and Joanna's scars.
8. When a man seems to be getting too close to Joanna, what happens?
(a) She refuses to see the man.
(b) She clings to him and then becomes distraught when the relationship ends.
(c) She becomes a different person.
(d) She gets frightened of commitment.
9. Why does Alex wander around the entertainment district?
(a) He is sightseeing.
(b) Because he is being followed.
(c) He is looking for someone to keep his mind off Joanna.
(d) He hopes to go back to Moonglow in a few hours and see Joanna.
10. How many other cases besides that of the missing Lisa Chelgrin has Alex been unable to solve?
11. Where is Joanna born?
(c) The United States.
12. Who does Joanna think is the cause of the attack?
(a) The picture of her Senator Chelgrin.
(b) Remembering everything.
(c) The sushi she has for dinner.
13. With what is Alex enchanted?
(d) The Moonglow Lounge and Joanna Rand.
14. When does Joanna have a panic attack?
(a) When she is asked to name her school chums.
(b) When she is asked to gvie the address where she grows up.
(c) When she is asked to give a description of a room.
(d) When she is asked about her coming to Japan.
15. What happens when Joanna decides not to see Alex again?
(a) There is no change in her emotional state.
(b) She starts feeling even more anxious.
(c) She faints.
(d) Her panic attack ends.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Alex intend to stay in Japan?
2. What does Alex suspect when he enters his motel room?
3. Who has a gun?
4. Why does Alex not want to rush their relationship?
5. What does Joanna say when Inamura asks what is outside the window?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)