|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Inamura regresses Joanna to the period before her parents die, how does she describe them?
(a) She can describe her father but not her mother.
(b) She can describe her mother but not her father.
(c) She gives very detailed descriptions.
(d) She is unable to do so.
2. Who joins Alex to sit with Wayne?
(a) No one.
(b) A nurse.
3. Who calls Carrera?
4. What fascinates Joanna?
(a) How she looks so much like Lisa Chelgrin.
(b) That someone is going to so much trouble to keep Joanna's identity secure.
(c) That Alex could see the resemblance between her and Lisa since Joanna cannot see it.
(d) That Alex ends up where Joanna is living.
5. What is happening in Joanna's nightmare?
(a) A man with a mechanical hand is standing over her reaching for a hypodermic needle.
(b) A man with a hypodermic is injecting Joanna's mother.
(c) A man with a mechanical arm is staring at Joanna who is on the subway.
(d) A man with a mechanical eye is staring at Joanna.
6. What is the Moonglow Lounge?
(a) A honky tonk club in New Orleans where Joanna first learns to sing.
(b) The nightclub with whom Joanna has the most competition.
(c) Joanna's nightclub.
(d) A nightclub in NYC after which Joanna patterns her nightclub.
7. What concerns the man calling Carrera?
(a) That Joanna will go to England and make some discoveries.
(b) That Wayne is not protected enough in the hospital.
(c) That Carrera's fees are too high.
(d) That the hypnotherapy will cause too much emotional trauma.
8. What does Joanna say when Inamura asks what is outside the window?
(a) Joanna describes snow-capped mountains.
(b) Joanna describes a harbor scene.
(c) Joanna suddenly begins reciting an odd sentence.
(d) Joanna describes what has to be Seattle, Washington.
9. What does Joanna's private physician decide?
(a) To have a psychiatrist come to the apartment and evaluate Joanna.
(b) To check her in to a mental hospital.
(c) That she is okay to stay in her apartment that night.
(d) To admit her to the hospital.
10. What happens when Alex and Joanna start kissing?
(a) Alex stops it, saying that he wants it to be at the right time.
(b) Joanna tells him that she is not interested in him except as a friend.
(c) Joanna says she wants to go to bed with Alex.
(d) Joanna stops it with a panic attack.
11. Who has a gun?
(a) The thief who steals the woman's purse.
(b) A man following Alex.
(c) No one.
12. How long has Joanna been living where she is presently?
(a) Six months.
(b) 6 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 10 years.
13. Who is the star attraction in the lounge of Joanna's nightclub?
14. Why is Kennedy refusing medical assistance?
(a) He is not in pain.
(b) He doesn't understand Japanese.
(c) He needs to talk to Alex first.
(d) He doesn't trust the parmedics.
15. When Alex is fighting the man, what happens to stop the fight?
(a) The police pound on the door.
(b) The man cuts Alex with a knife.
(c) The man has a heart attack.
(d) Alex is able to get his gun and shoot the man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Joanna calls the number of the insurance company that issued the life insurance check?
2. Who is Mariko Inamura?
3. How many other cases besides that of the missing Lisa Chelgrin has Alex been unable to solve?
4. What is Alex aware of when he drives back to his hotel?
5. What does Alex start believing is wrong with Joanna?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)