|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Joanna assure everyone?
(a) She does not say anything.
(b) That she did not attempt to kill herself; she just got confused.
(c) That she will not do such a stupid thing again.
(d) That she will see a psychiatrist in the morning.
2. What does Alex tell Mariko when she returns from the hospital?
(a) That Wayne is in danger.
(b) That Joanna must travel to England.
(c) His conviction that Joanna is Lisa Chelgrin.
(d) That they must contact Senator Chelgrin.
3. To what does Alex compare Joanna's singing?
(a) Some of the greatest jazz singers of the past.
(b) He does not mention her singing.
(c) A songbird.
(d) A nightingale.
4. What do Alex and Joanna do before going through the Chelgrin file?
(a) Have dinner.
(b) Joanna does some relaxation exercises.
(c) Joanna gets hypnotized.
(d) Joanna takes a tranquilizer.
5. Of whom does Alex suddenly realize Joanna resembles?
(a) His sister-in-law whom he adores.
(b) The daughter of an American senator who went missing years ago.
(c) A woman he dated in college.
(d) A famous movie actress.
6. How long does Alex intend to stay in Japan?
(a) He is not sure.
(b) A few days.
(c) A few weeks.
(d) A couple months.
7. When does Joanna have a panic attack?
(a) When she is asked to give a description of a room.
(b) When she is asked to name her school chums.
(c) When she is asked about her coming to Japan.
(d) When she is asked to gvie the address where she grows up.
8. When a man seems to be getting too close to Joanna, what happens?
(a) She becomes a different person.
(b) She gets frightened of commitment.
(c) She refuses to see the man.
(d) She clings to him and then becomes distraught when the relationship ends.
9. After the attack subsides, how does Joanna feel?
(a) Free for the first time in years.
(b) Extremely depressed.
(d) Angry at Alex.
10. What does Kennedy tell Alex about the briefcase?
(a) Some men attempted to steal it.
(b) It was stolen.
(c) It fell into a manhole where Kennedy was hit.
(d) It was smashed beyond repair.
11. From where does an intruder jump Alex?
(a) The balcony.
(b) The closet.
(c) Behind the bathroom door.
(d) Under the bed.
12. What does Joanna say she is doing in the room?
(a) She is fighting with a large woman.
(b) She is sleeping.
(c) She is strapped to a bed, naked.
(d) She is looking into a machine that flashes red lights.
13. What happens as they look at the photos?
(a) Joanna has a panic attack.
(b) Joanna faints.
(c) Joanna starts screaming.
(d) Joanna suddenly remembers everything.
14. What is the phone call to Alex about the next morning?
(a) A statement that Alex is about to receive a warning to stay away from Joanna.
(b) The FBI telling him to back off from investigating Joanna.
(c) His office saying he has to get back to the States immediately.
(d) A plea to leave Joanna alone or they will have to kill her.
15. Who calls Carrera?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Joanna depressed?
2. When Inamura regresses Joanna to the period before her parents die, how does she describe them?
3. What does Joanna believe is the cause of her panic attack?
4. Why does Alex suggest he move in to a spare room at the night club?
5. What happens to Joanna as soon as she is alone in her apartment?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)