|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Alex question the existence of the lawyer?
(a) Joanna never actually meets him.
(b) The lawyer's language in the letter is not legalese.
(c) The lawyer never once contacted Joanna after giving her the inheiritance.
(d) Joanna can offer no specific details though he is a family friend.
2. What sets Joanna into a terrible panic attack?
(a) Telling Alex she is from England.
(b) Seeing a man with one arm at the castle.
(c) Alex telling a joke about a doctor and a hypodermic syringe.
(d) Seeing a hospital.
3. Why does Alex suggest he move in to a spare room at the night club?
(a) To throw his pursuers off his trail.
(b) To protect Joanna.
(c) To be closer to Joanna.
(d) To save money.
4. What does Joanna do after her set?
(a) Sits with Mariko and talks.
(b) Goes to her room.
(c) Eats dinner.
(d) Makes her way through the crowd speaking to customers.
5. Who calls Carrera?
6. What does Thomas survive?
(a) A plane crash where everyone else is killed.
(b) A train wreck where everyone else is killed.
(c) Being a prisoner of war in Vietnam.
(d) Being a prisoner of war in WWII.
7. How does Thomas Chelgrin make his fortune?
(a) Good stock investments.
(b) Real Estate.
(d) Owing a car dealership.
8. Where do Alex and Joanna go after the Nijo Castle?
(a) To Alex's motel room.
(b) To the Moonglow.
(c) To the hospital.
(d) To the movies.
9. Who joins Alex to sit with Wayne?
(a) No one.
(c) A nurse.
10. Why is Joanna depressed?
(a) At feeling so alone in the world.
(b) About the finances at the nightclub.
(c) About the dream she keeps having.
(d) About her decision to freeze Alex out of her life.
11. What does Wayne's doctor tell him?
(a) They had to put 2 pins in but they still may not save the leg.
(b) The leg is fine but his arm has to be amputated at the elbow.
(c) They had to amputate part of his leg.
(d) They are able to save his leg.
12. What is Joanna's response?
(a) She gets irate.
(b) She does not understand why Alex calls her by the wrong name.
(c) She pretends to not hear Alex.
(d) She agrees that she is in an emotional state at the moment.
13. What fascinates Joanna?
(a) That Alex could see the resemblance between her and Lisa since Joanna cannot see it.
(b) That someone is going to so much trouble to keep Joanna's identity secure.
(c) How she looks so much like Lisa Chelgrin.
(d) That Alex ends up where Joanna is living.
14. What do Alex and Joanna do before going through the Chelgrin file?
(a) Joanna does some relaxation exercises.
(b) Joanna gets hypnotized.
(c) Joanna takes a tranquilizer.
(d) Have dinner.
15. What is in the briefcase?
(c) The Chelgrin file.
(d) Top secret papers from the FBI.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Joanna say she grew up?
2. Of what does Joanna assure everyone?
3. Why does Alex rush to Joanna's room?
4. Why does Senator Chelgrin hire Alex?
5. What does Alex tell Mariko when she returns from the hospital?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)