Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joanna say she is doing in the room?
(a) She is strapped to a bed, naked.
(b) She is fighting with a large woman.
(c) She is looking into a machine that flashes red lights.
(d) She is sleeping.
2. Who is Wayne Kennedy?
(a) The assistant director of the FBI.
(b) Alex's boss.
(c) Alex's brother-in-law.
(d) An agent with Alex's security firm.
3. What does Alex suspect when he enters his motel room?
(a) That Joanna will not see him again.
(b) That the room service is not hotel staff.
(c) That Mariko will have some answers for Alex.
(d) That someone has been inside his room.
4. What is Joanna's response?
(a) She does not understand why Alex calls her by the wrong name.
(b) She gets irate.
(c) She agrees that she is in an emotional state at the moment.
(d) She pretends to not hear Alex.
5. What is happening in Joanna's nightmare?
(a) A man with a mechanical hand is standing over her reaching for a hypodermic needle.
(b) A man with a mechanical arm is staring at Joanna who is on the subway.
(c) A man with a mechanical eye is staring at Joanna.
(d) A man with a hypodermic is injecting Joanna's mother.
6. What does Inamura think is the reason for the panic attack?
(a) A posthypnotic suggestion.
(b) He is unsure.
(c) The desire to stay secure as Joanna Rand.
(d) Emotional trauma.
7. Why can't Alex sleep?
(a) He is obsessing about Joanna.
(b) He thinks he will divorce his wife.
(c) He is worried about his business if he doesn't leave soon.
(d) He is worried about the threat on his life.
8. How long does Alex intend to stay in Japan?
(a) He is not sure.
(b) A couple months.
(c) A few days.
(d) A few weeks.
9. What does Joanna say when Inamura first asks her about the name Lisa Chelgrin?
(a) She does not answer.
(b) She denies knowing the name.
(c) She says it sounds familiar.
(d) She says that is her.
10. What proof does the letters Joanna has offer of her past?
(a) Letters from her mother and father.
(b) Letters from a grandmother.
(c) An inheiritance and life insurance policy payout.
(d) Letters from several aunts.
11. What does the bellhop come to tell Alex?
(a) That there has been an accident downstairs.
(b) That the room has to be vacated today.
(c) That Joanna is downstairs.
(d) That there is a man to see him downstairs.
12. When Inamura regresses Joanna to the period before her parents die, how does she describe them?
(a) She can describe her father but not her mother.
(b) She is unable to do so.
(c) She can describe her mother but not her father.
(d) She gives very detailed descriptions.
13. When Alex is fighting the man, what happens to stop the fight?
(a) The man has a heart attack.
(b) The man cuts Alex with a knife.
(c) The police pound on the door.
(d) Alex is able to get his gun and shoot the man.
14. How can Joanna afford to open a nightclub?
(a) Money from her deceased husband.
(b) Money from a divorce settlement.
(c) From an inheritance from her parents.
(d) Money from good investing in the stock market.
15. What does Alex start believing is wrong with Joanna?
(a) She has been brainwashed.
(b) She has a brain tumor.
(c) She wanted to disappear.
(d) She has become too Oriental in her outlook.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Joanna have a panic attack?
2. Why is Kennedy refusing medical assistance?
3. Why does Mariko think Joanna should see a psychiatrist?
4. Why does Joanna decide to take too many sleeping pills?
5. Who is waiting for Joanna to start her first set of the night?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)