|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is required before Joanna can give any more information?
(a) Sodium pentathol.
(b) A different approach.
(c) A passcode in response to what she says.
(d) A break because she has been under so long.
2. Where is Joanna born?
(a) The United States.
3. What does Joanna's private physician decide?
(a) To admit her to the hospital.
(b) To check her in to a mental hospital.
(c) That she is okay to stay in her apartment that night.
(d) To have a psychiatrist come to the apartment and evaluate Joanna.
4. Why does Joanna decide to take too many sleeping pills?
(a) To end her pain.
(b) She gets confused about how many she has already taken.
(c) To punish Alex.
(d) She does not know why.
5. Why does Alex not want to rush their relationship?
(a) He thinks it would be deceitful since he is married.
(b) He thinks he loves her.
(c) He wants her to know who she actually is.
(d) He is in the middle of a divorce.
6. What does Thomas survive?
(a) Being a prisoner of war in Vietnam.
(b) A plane crash where everyone else is killed.
(c) A train wreck where everyone else is killed.
(d) Being a prisoner of war in WWII.
7. What is Joanna's response?
(a) She gets irate.
(b) She pretends to not hear Alex.
(c) She does not understand why Alex calls her by the wrong name.
(d) She agrees that she is in an emotional state at the moment.
8. When Alex asks if Joanna will let him tell her more about the Chelgrin family, what is her response?
(a) She is lukewarm at the idea.
(b) She is adament in saying no.
(c) She is willing but does not want her life to change.
(d) She is enthusiastic.
9. What fascinates Joanna?
(a) That Alex ends up where Joanna is living.
(b) That Alex could see the resemblance between her and Lisa since Joanna cannot see it.
(c) That someone is going to so much trouble to keep Joanna's identity secure.
(d) How she looks so much like Lisa Chelgrin.
10. Why does Senator Chelgrin hire Alex?
(a) Because they are good friends.
(b) He does not hire him. Alex volunteers his assistance.
(c) Because Alex was in Jamaica at the time.
(d) Because the Jamaican police were useless in finding Lisa.
11. When Alex is fighting the man, what happens to stop the fight?
(a) The police pound on the door.
(b) The man cuts Alex with a knife.
(c) The man has a heart attack.
(d) Alex is able to get his gun and shoot the man.
12. How can Joanna afford to open a nightclub?
(a) Money from her deceased husband.
(b) From an inheritance from her parents.
(c) Money from good investing in the stock market.
(d) Money from a divorce settlement.
13. Who joins Alex to sit with Wayne?
(a) A nurse.
(d) No one.
14. What does Joanna say when Inamura asks what is outside the window?
(a) Joanna describes what has to be Seattle, Washington.
(b) Joanna describes snow-capped mountains.
(c) Joanna suddenly begins reciting an odd sentence.
(d) Joanna describes a harbor scene.
15. What does Alex discover when he gets to the Moonglow?
(a) The club is closed for the night.
(b) The doorman refuses entry to Alex.
(c) The police force Alex to leave the club.
(d) Joanna is ill and not performing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What frustrates Joanna so much?
2. What happens when Joanna decides not to see Alex again?
3. What does Alex suspect when he enters his motel room?
4. What is the Demolished Man?
5. What does Joanna do after her set?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)