|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Joanna depressed?
(a) About the finances at the nightclub.
(b) At feeling so alone in the world.
(c) About the dream she keeps having.
(d) About her decision to freeze Alex out of her life.
2. What does Alex tell Mariko to tell Wayne?
(a) That his leg is amputated.
(b) That his arm has to be amputated.
(c) Not to let the police know the men were trying to steal the Chelgrin file.
(d) That he has to have more surgery.
3. Who is Ignacio Carrera?
(a) A bodyguard hired to protect Wayne.
(b) A psychiatrist who specializes in brainwashing.
(c) A hired killer who takes a great deal of pleasure in killing.
(d) One of Alex's employees.
4. What does Wayne's doctor tell him?
(a) The leg is fine but his arm has to be amputated at the elbow.
(b) They are able to save his leg.
(c) They had to amputate part of his leg.
(d) They had to put 2 pins in but they still may not save the leg.
5. Who does Joanna think is the cause of the attack?
(a) Remembering everything.
(b) The sushi she has for dinner.
(c) The picture of her Senator Chelgrin.
6. Why can't Alex sleep?
(a) He thinks he will divorce his wife.
(b) He is worried about his business if he doesn't leave soon.
(c) He is obsessing about Joanna.
(d) He is worried about the threat on his life.
7. What happens to Joanna as soon as she is alone in her apartment?
(a) She is attacked by a hooded man.
(b) She has a panic attack.
(c) She throws up several times.
(d) A man comes to see her.
8. Under what pseudonym is The Key to Midnight first written?
(a) Nicky Leighton.
(b) Leigh Nichols.
(c) Nick Lasker.
(d) Mark Clemons.
9. Who joins Alex to sit with Wayne?
(b) No one.
(d) A nurse.
10. What happens during the night?
(a) Alex is attacked in his hotel room.
(b) Joanna starts feeling quite ill.
(c) Joanna has her recurrent dream.
(d) Alex is called back to the United States.
11. What does Kennedy tell Alex about the briefcase?
(a) It fell into a manhole where Kennedy was hit.
(b) It was stolen.
(c) Some men attempted to steal it.
(d) It was smashed beyond repair.
12. Where does Joanna say she grew up?
(d) The United States.
13. What happens when Alex and Joanna start kissing?
(a) Joanna says she wants to go to bed with Alex.
(b) Alex stops it, saying that he wants it to be at the right time.
(c) Joanna stops it with a panic attack.
(d) Joanna tells him that she is not interested in him except as a friend.
14. How many other cases besides that of the missing Lisa Chelgrin has Alex been unable to solve?
15. What is required before Joanna can give any more information?
(a) A break because she has been under so long.
(b) Sodium pentathol.
(c) A passcode in response to what she says.
(d) A different approach.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Carrera?
2. How long has Joanna been living where she is presently?
3. From where does an intruder jump Alex?
4. Why does Alex rush to Joanna's room?
5. After the attack subsides, how does Joanna feel?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)