|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens during the night?
(a) Alex is attacked in his hotel room.
(b) Joanna starts feeling quite ill.
(c) Alex is called back to the United States.
(d) Joanna has her recurrent dream.
2. What fascinates Joanna?
(a) That Alex ends up where Joanna is living.
(b) How she looks so much like Lisa Chelgrin.
(c) That someone is going to so much trouble to keep Joanna's identity secure.
(d) That Alex could see the resemblance between her and Lisa since Joanna cannot see it.
3. What does Alex suspect when he enters his motel room?
(a) That the room service is not hotel staff.
(b) That Mariko will have some answers for Alex.
(c) That Joanna will not see him again.
(d) That someone has been inside his room.
4. What does the bellhop come to tell Alex?
(a) That there has been an accident downstairs.
(b) That there is a man to see him downstairs.
(c) That Joanna is downstairs.
(d) That the room has to be vacated today.
5. What does Joanna believe is the cause of her panic attack?
(b) Her upcoming performance.
(c) A strange phone call she receives.
(d) Bad food.
6. How does Thomas Chelgrin make his fortune?
(a) Real Estate.
(b) Good stock investments.
(c) Owing a car dealership.
7. Who does Joanna think is the cause of the attack?
(a) Remembering everything.
(b) The sushi she has for dinner.
(d) The picture of her Senator Chelgrin.
8. What is the phone call to Alex about the next morning?
(a) The FBI telling him to back off from investigating Joanna.
(b) A statement that Alex is about to receive a warning to stay away from Joanna.
(c) His office saying he has to get back to the States immediately.
(d) A plea to leave Joanna alone or they will have to kill her.
9. Where does Kennedy go after speaking with Alex?
(a) To the nightclub owned by Joanna.
(b) To the hospital.
(c) Back to the airport.
(d) To his hotel room.
10. What happens when Alex and Joanna start kissing?
(a) Alex stops it, saying that he wants it to be at the right time.
(b) Joanna tells him that she is not interested in him except as a friend.
(c) Joanna says she wants to go to bed with Alex.
(d) Joanna stops it with a panic attack.
11. What does the man say in response?
(b) Because he knows the elderly woman has more money than she needs.
(c) The teens stole from him first.
(d) Because his wife looked at another man in a familiar way.
12. When Inamura regresses Joanna to the period before her parents die, how does she describe them?
(a) She gives very detailed descriptions.
(b) She is unable to do so.
(c) She can describe her mother but not her father.
(d) She can describe her father but not her mother.
13. When a man seems to be getting too close to Joanna, what happens?
(a) She clings to him and then becomes distraught when the relationship ends.
(b) She gets frightened of commitment.
(c) She becomes a different person.
(d) She refuses to see the man.
14. What happens when Joanna decides not to see Alex again?
(a) There is no change in her emotional state.
(b) Her panic attack ends.
(c) She faints.
(d) She starts feeling even more anxious.
15. When Alex asks if Joanna will let him tell her more about the Chelgrin family, what is her response?
(a) She is adament in saying no.
(b) She is enthusiastic.
(c) She is lukewarm at the idea.
(d) She is willing but does not want her life to change.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Alex ask detailed questions?
2. Under what pseudonym is The Key to Midnight first written?
3. What does Joanna do after her set?
4. Where does Inamura next take Joanna in the session?
5. Of what does Joanna assure everyone?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)