|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sets Joanna into a terrible panic attack?
(a) Alex telling a joke about a doctor and a hypodermic syringe.
(b) Seeing a hospital.
(c) Seeing a man with one arm at the castle.
(d) Telling Alex she is from England.
2. What does Joanna agree to do?
(a) She refuses Alex's invitation.
(b) Go to a late night show with Alex.
(c) Keep the club open after hours and sing for Alex.
(d) Have lunch with Alex the next day.
3. Why does Alex not want to rush their relationship?
(a) He wants her to know who she actually is.
(b) He thinks he loves her.
(c) He is in the middle of a divorce.
(d) He thinks it would be deceitful since he is married.
4. Who calls Carrera?
5. Why can't Alex sleep?
(a) He is worried about his business if he doesn't leave soon.
(b) He is obsessing about Joanna.
(c) He is worried about the threat on his life.
(d) He thinks he will divorce his wife.
6. What does Thomas survive?
(a) A train wreck where everyone else is killed.
(b) Being a prisoner of war in Vietnam.
(c) A plane crash where everyone else is killed.
(d) Being a prisoner of war in WWII.
7. What seems to match completely?
(a) Lisa and Joanna's fingerprints.
(b) Lisa and Joanna's scars.
(c) Lisa and Joanna's eye markings.
(d) Lisa and Joanna's coloring.
8. About what does Alex ask detailed questions?
(a) Joanna's parents.
(b) Lisa Chelgrin.
(c) Senator Chelgrin.
(d) Joanna's siblings.
9. What does Alex say about Senator Chelgrin?
(a) That Chelgrin will be delighted.
(b) That Alex never trusted Chelgrin, who may be behind Lisa's kidnapping.
(c) That Chelgrin may not believe it after these many years.
(d) That Chelgrin is deceased.
10. What proof does the letters Joanna has offer of her past?
(a) Letters from several aunts.
(b) Letters from a grandmother.
(c) Letters from her mother and father.
(d) An inheiritance and life insurance policy payout.
11. With what is Alex enchanted?
(a) The Moonglow Lounge and Joanna Rand.
12. Under what pseudonym is The Key to Midnight first written?
(a) Nicky Leighton.
(b) Mark Clemons.
(c) Nick Lasker.
(d) Leigh Nichols.
13. Where is Joanna born?
(a) The United States.
14. How does the man warn Alex?
(a) That the police will believe the Japanese man over Alex.
(b) That the teens will turn around and thank Alex by stealing from him.
(c) That Alex will be killed if he continues his involvment with Joanne.
(d) That Westerners should stay out of the Japanese private matters.
15. When a man seems to be getting too close to Joanna, what happens?
(a) She gets frightened of commitment.
(b) She refuses to see the man.
(c) She becomes a different person.
(d) She clings to him and then becomes distraught when the relationship ends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Joanna think is the cause of the attack?
2. Why does Mariko think Joanna should see a psychiatrist?
3. What fascinates Joanna?
4. What does the bellhop come to tell Alex?
5. Who is waiting for Joanna to start her first set of the night?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)