|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Kennedy refusing medical assistance?
(a) He is not in pain.
(b) He needs to talk to Alex first.
(c) He doesn't trust the parmedics.
(d) He doesn't understand Japanese.
2. What have the paramedics done to Joanna?
(a) Pumped her stomach.
(b) Given her an antidote.
(c) Checked her vitals and decided she didn't take enough pills to worry about.
3. What does Joanna agree to do?
(a) Have lunch with Alex the next day.
(b) Go to a late night show with Alex.
(c) Keep the club open after hours and sing for Alex.
(d) She refuses Alex's invitation.
4. What does Alex suspect when he enters his motel room?
(a) That someone has been inside his room.
(b) That Mariko will have some answers for Alex.
(c) That the room service is not hotel staff.
(d) That Joanna will not see him again.
5. Who does Alex attack?
(a) A man who is beating his wife.
(b) A thief who attacks several teens.
(c) A thief who took an elderly woman's purse.
(d) A man who is following him.
6. Of what does Joanna assure everyone?
(a) That she will not do such a stupid thing again.
(b) That she did not attempt to kill herself; she just got confused.
(c) That she will see a psychiatrist in the morning.
(d) She does not say anything.
7. What happens as they look at the photos?
(a) Joanna suddenly remembers everything.
(b) Joanna has a panic attack.
(c) Joanna faints.
(d) Joanna starts screaming.
8. To what field does Thomas turn his attention after becoming wealthy?
(a) Missionary work.
9. Why can't Alex sleep?
(a) He is worried about the threat on his life.
(b) He is obsessing about Joanna.
(c) He is worried about his business if he doesn't leave soon.
(d) He thinks he will divorce his wife.
10. What proof does the letters Joanna has offer of her past?
(a) An inheiritance and life insurance policy payout.
(b) Letters from a grandmother.
(c) Letters from several aunts.
(d) Letters from her mother and father.
11. Who does Mariko want Joanna to visit?
(a) Her father.
(b) No one.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her brother-in-law.
12. What does Mariko suggest?
(a) Traveling to England to check out the letters more thoroughly.
(b) Traveling to the United States.
(c) Sleeping on the whole thing.
(d) Hypnotherapy with Mariko's uncle.
13. Who is the star attraction in the lounge of Joanna's nightclub?
14. What does Alex tell Mariko when she returns from the hospital?
(a) That they must contact Senator Chelgrin.
(b) His conviction that Joanna is Lisa Chelgrin.
(c) That Wayne is in danger.
(d) That Joanna must travel to England.
15. Who is Mariko Inamura?
(a) Joanna's sister-in-law.
(b) The woman for whom Alex is searching.
(c) Joanna's manager.
(d) The only other female nightclub owner in Japan.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many other cases besides that of the missing Lisa Chelgrin has Alex been unable to solve?
2. What happens when Joanna decides not to see Alex again?
3. What is happening in Joanna's nightmare?
4. How can Joanna afford to open a nightclub?
5. How long has Joanna been living where she is presently?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)