|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Joanna: Chapters 6-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Alex compare Joanna's singing?
(a) A songbird.
(b) Some of the greatest jazz singers of the past.
(c) A nightingale.
(d) He does not mention her singing.
2. What is happening in Joanna's nightmare?
(a) A man with a mechanical arm is staring at Joanna who is on the subway.
(b) A man with a hypodermic is injecting Joanna's mother.
(c) A man with a mechanical hand is standing over her reaching for a hypodermic needle.
(d) A man with a mechanical eye is staring at Joanna.
3. What does Joanna agree to do?
(a) Keep the club open after hours and sing for Alex.
(b) Go to a late night show with Alex.
(c) She refuses Alex's invitation.
(d) Have lunch with Alex the next day.
4. What is Joanna's response?
(a) She gets irate.
(b) She agrees that she is in an emotional state at the moment.
(c) She pretends to not hear Alex.
(d) She does not understand why Alex calls her by the wrong name.
5. What does Alex attempt to do when conversing with Joanna?
(a) Learn how she learned to sing so well.
(b) Determine if she might be Lisa Chelgrin.
(c) Find out if Joanna is seeing anyone romantically.
(d) Convince Joanna to move to the United States and open a nightclub with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sets Joanna into a terrible panic attack?
2. Who does Mariko want Joanna to visit?
3. What does Thomas survive?
4. Where do Alex and Joanna go after the Nijo Castle?
5. Who is the star attraction in the lounge of Joanna's nightclub?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)