Part One, Joanna: Chapters 1-5
• Joanna Rand wakes from a nightmare where a man with a mechanical hand is standing over her reaching for a hypodermic needle.
• Six years ago, Joanna found herself in Kyoto and fell in love with the gorgeous city.
• Joanna took the last of her inheritance and opened a nightclub.
• Her friend, Mariko offers comfort and again asks her friend to visit her uncle.
• Her uncle is a psychiatrist, to undergo hypnosis and perhaps learn the cause of Joanna's recurrent nightmare. Joanna politely refuses.
• Alex is in Japan on vacation and only intended to stay in Kyoto for a few days.
• However, Alex has become enchanted with The Moonglow Lounge and Joanna Rand so he has stayed.
• Joanna surprises Alex and herself when she agrees to have lunch with Alex the following day.
• Joanna again has her recurrent dream, seeing the man with...
This section contains 2,047 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)