|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days does Bill stay in his secret place to the north?
2. Where does Bill go first after the hostage situation?
3. Who else knows about Ronny's estranged wife's rape?
4. Which well known news television program does Bill watch in chapter 13?
5. About how deep is the tornado bunker?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Bill reacts after finding Ronny Lawton's father's head in the bunker.
2. How does Linda Carter make Ronny Lawton seem in her television special?
3. Describe the secret place Bill takes Ronny Lawton's estranged and her son to after the hostage situation ends.
4. Describe Walter and his profession.
5. What is the relationship like between Bill, Sam, and Ed by chapter 12? How do they treat each other?
6. How is Bill treated when he is taken in for questioning about Ronny Lawton's disappearance?
7. List some of the items Bill gets before heading over to Ronny Lawton's estranged wife's place in chapter 11.
8. What offer does Ronny Lawton make to Bill over and over about his estranged wife? What is Bill's response?
9. What things do Bill, Ronny, and the hostages do during the stand off?
10. How did Bill feel after finding Sam dead in his home? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Failing to get into law school had a great impact on Bill's life after college. He feels that he has failed in some aspect of his life because of this.
Write an essay that explains his motives behind studying for the LSAT test again. How does he use studying as an excuse to escape the real life responsibilities he has? By the end of the story does studying for the LSAT test have any result that impacts his life? Reference the novel to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
When Bill confronts Ronny Lawton at Denny's after finding his father's head Ronny acts submissive. When he chooses to flee Bill does not stop him.
Write an essay explaining the reasons Bill lets Ronny go without contest. Why is Ronny running in the first place? What does Bill think of Ronny by this point? What made him think this way? Use examples from the novel to support your opinions.
Essay Topic 3
Bill has difficult psychological challenges to endure, especially in connection with women.
Write an essay that explains which women he focuses on, how he interacts with them, what they want from him, and why. Will any of these relationships last? Why or why not? Be sure the explain whether unrequited love and obsession factor into Bill's personality and what that tells the reader about Bill's character. Provide examples from the novel to support your argument.
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)