|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bill go first after the hostage situation?
2. Where is the fire that Ed takes pictures of for the paper in chapter 10?
3. Does Bill think Ronny Lawton killed his father by the end of chapter 13?
4. How does Bill know that someone had been in the bunker recently?
5. What is "The Book of Wants?"
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Ronny's estranged wife's boyfriend is like.
2. How does Bill feel about his unfolding destiny by the end of the story?
3. How does Bill feel when he goes to Darlene's shop and is confronted by the female driven world that she and her customers live in?
4. Describe how Bill reacts after finding Ronny Lawton's father's head in the bunker.
5. How does Lucas get treated when he misbehaves in chapter 10? What does he do wrong?
6. List the items Bill is instructed to bring to Ronny during the beginning of the hostage situation in chapter 15.
7. What things do Bill, Ronny, and the hostages do during the stand off?
8. How does Linda Carter make Ronny Lawton seem in her television special?
9. How does Bill and Ronny Lawton's relationship change from the beginning of the story up to the hostage situation?
10. Describe the secret place Bill takes Ronny Lawton's estranged and her son to after the hostage situation ends.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Bill confronts Ronny Lawton at Denny's after finding his father's head Ronny acts submissive. When he chooses to flee Bill does not stop him.
Write an essay explaining the reasons Bill lets Ronny go without contest. Why is Ronny running in the first place? What does Bill think of Ronny by this point? What made him think this way? Use examples from the novel to support your opinions.
Essay Topic 2
When Bill, Ed, and Sam agree to go out to the hurricane bunker together they do it for their own motives. The excitement they feel is only temporary. Their feelings change once they realize the seriousness of the situation.
Write an essay that explains why the men wanted to go to the bunker without notifying the authorities. Were their reasons selfish? How did going into the bunker effect the investigation? How did going into the bunker effect the characters? Reference the novel to support your argument.
Essay Topic 3
Prejudice is a recurring theme in The Keepers of Truth. In the beginning many people in the town think that Ronny Lawton is guilty.
Write an essay that explains who thinks that Ronny is guilty and what evidence is given to support this idea. Do the opinions of these characters change over the course of the book? Why or why not? In what other instances of the story is prejudice a factor? Use examples from the novel to make the point.
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)