|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bill go first after the hostage situation?
2. What does Bill think is a major weak point of his?
3. What story does Bill tell Ronny Lawton to keep him from acting rash?
4. Who calls and confesses to Bill at the beginning of chapter 15?
5. What does the sheet of paper in the typewriter read when Bill finds it in chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Bill and Pete's relationship changed by chapter 13?
2. How does Lucas get treated when he misbehaves in chapter 10? What does he do wrong?
3. Describe how Ronny Lawton's estranged wife's boyfriend met his end.
4. List the items Bill is instructed to bring to Ronny during the beginning of the hostage situation in chapter 15.
5. Explain what Walter thinks of the Ronny Lawton situation.
6. List some of the items Bill gets before heading over to Ronny Lawton's estranged wife's place in chapter 11.
7. Describe Walter and his profession.
8. Describe the puzzle that is left for Bill on his doorstep.
9. What offer does Ronny Lawton make to Bill over and over about his estranged wife? What is Bill's response?
10. Describe the secret place Bill takes Ronny Lawton's estranged and her son to after the hostage situation ends.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Bill, Ed, and Sam agree to go out to the hurricane bunker together they do it for their own motives. The excitement they feel is only temporary. Their feelings change once they realize the seriousness of the situation.
Write an essay that explains why the men wanted to go to the bunker without notifying the authorities. Were their reasons selfish? How did going into the bunker effect the investigation? How did going into the bunker effect the characters? Reference the novel to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
Prejudice is a recurring theme in The Keepers of Truth. In the beginning many people in the town think that Ronny Lawton is guilty.
Write an essay that explains who thinks that Ronny is guilty and what evidence is given to support this idea. Do the opinions of these characters change over the course of the book? Why or why not? In what other instances of the story is prejudice a factor? Use examples from the novel to make the point.
Essay Topic 3
Darlene is a character that we learn about mostly through other characters. She is portrayed as both confidant and possible villain.
Write an essay exploring what Darlene's true personality is. Is she someone to be trusted? Why or why not? What actions does she take that make her seem one way or another? How does her character impact events throughout the book? Use examples from the novel to support your argument.
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)