|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else knows about Ronny's estranged wife's rape?
2. What is the weather like when Bill goes to the coffee shop?
3. Does Ronny Lawton survive the hostage situation?
4. Where does Bill fall asleep at the end of chapter 10?
5. What do the hostages listen to while being held in Ronny Lawton's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Linda Carter make Ronny Lawton seem in her television special?
2. How does Bill react to the puzzle he finds once he has solved it? Explain.
3. How has Bill and Pete's relationship changed by chapter 13?
4. Describe what Ronny's estranged wife's boyfriend is like.
5. What is the relationship like between Bill, Sam, and Ed by chapter 12? How do they treat each other?
6. How did Bill feel after finding Sam dead in his home? Why?
7. Explain what Walter thinks of the Ronny Lawton situation.
8. What offer does Ronny Lawton make to Bill over and over about his estranged wife? What is Bill's response?
9. List the items Bill is instructed to bring to Ronny during the beginning of the hostage situation in chapter 15.
10. Describe the puzzle that is left for Bill on his doorstep.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The letter Bill receives is a source of trouble in The Keepers of Truth. When people become suspicious that he had something to do with it, he does little to discredit their assumptions.
Write an essay that explains why Bill is so non responsive to people's opinions about him. Does he care what his colleagues or the town think of him? Which if any characters take his side in the situation? Reference the novel to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
Bill has difficult psychological challenges to endure, especially in connection with women.
Write an essay that explains which women he focuses on, how he interacts with them, what they want from him, and why. Will any of these relationships last? Why or why not? Be sure the explain whether unrequited love and obsession factor into Bill's personality and what that tells the reader about Bill's character. Provide examples from the novel to support your argument.
Essay Topic 3
When Bill confronts Ronny Lawton at Denny's after finding his father's head Ronny acts submissive. When he chooses to flee Bill does not stop him.
Write an essay explaining the reasons Bill lets Ronny go without contest. Why is Ronny running in the first place? What does Bill think of Ronny by this point? What made him think this way? Use examples from the novel to support your opinions.
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)