|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like when Bill goes to the coffee shop?
2. What does Bill think is a major weak point of his?
3. What story does Bill tell Ronny Lawton to keep him from acting rash?
4. Does Ronny let his hostages go?
5. About how deep is the tornado bunker?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the relationship like between Bill, Sam, and Ed by chapter 12? How do they treat each other?
2. How has Bill and Pete's relationship changed by chapter 13?
3. List the items Bill is instructed to bring to Ronny during the beginning of the hostage situation in chapter 15.
4. How does Bill feel when he goes to Darlene's shop and is confronted by the female driven world that she and her customers live in?
5. List some of the items Bill gets before heading over to Ronny Lawton's estranged wife's place in chapter 11.
6. How does Lucas get treated when he misbehaves in chapter 10? What does he do wrong?
7. Describe the secret place Bill takes Ronny Lawton's estranged and her son to after the hostage situation ends.
8. How did Bill feel after finding Sam dead in his home? Why?
9. Describe how Ronny Lawton's estranged wife's boyfriend met his end.
10. Describe how Bill reacts after finding Ronny Lawton's father's head in the bunker.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bill feels a great sense of freedom after he, Teri, and Lucas leave the cottage in the woods. For the first time in a long time there is some semblance of peace in his mind.
Write an essay exploring how Bill feels about his new found sense of release. What is his lookout on the future? Is he happy, scared, excited, or something else? What is he going to do now that he is free from the shadow of his mansion and past? Who is he taking with him? Reference the novel to support your opinions.
Essay Topic 2
The letter Bill receives is a source of trouble in The Keepers of Truth. When people become suspicious that he had something to do with it, he does little to discredit their assumptions.
Write an essay that explains why Bill is so non responsive to people's opinions about him. Does he care what his colleagues or the town think of him? Which if any characters take his side in the situation? Reference the novel to support your argument.
Essay Topic 3
When Bill confronts Ronny Lawton at Denny's after finding his father's head Ronny acts submissive. When he chooses to flee Bill does not stop him.
Write an essay explaining the reasons Bill lets Ronny go without contest. Why is Ronny running in the first place? What does Bill think of Ronny by this point? What made him think this way? Use examples from the novel to support your opinions.
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)