|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What make of car does Bill own?
2. What is the first name of Ronny's manager?
3. What body part do they find at Ronny Lawton's house?
4. What type of clothing is Darlene wearing when she comes to pick up Bill, Ed, and Sam in chapter 9?
5. What is the name of the church-going man who dies in 1902?
Short Essay Questions
1. List some of the negative ways Ronny Lawton's estranged treats her child.
2. Describe one of the ways Bill's grandfather used to make money off of ice.
3. How does Ronny react when Bill shows up and plays music at his work?
4. Describe Ronny Lawton's estranged wife.
5. List some of the animals Bill used to visit at the zoo as a child.
6. What did Ronny Lawton do for his mother when his father refused to take her to the doctor?
7. List some of the features offered at the Florida retirement community Sam contemplates in chapter 9.
8. Why does the town collectively feel that Ronny Lawton killed his father for sure?
9. What are some of the questions Ronny's estranged wife asks Bill when she calls him in chapter 10?
10. Describe the phenomenon that is Linda Carter.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The letter Bill receives is a source of trouble in The Keepers of Truth. When people become suspicious that he had something to do with it, he does little to discredit their assumptions.
Write an essay that explains why Bill is so non responsive to people's opinions about him. Does he care what his colleagues or the town think of him? Which if any characters take his side in the situation? Reference the novel to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
When Ronny Lawton takes Teri and Lucas hostage he does it after coming back into town and killing Karl. Up until this point there is no concrete proof that Ronny is guilty of anything.
Write an essay explaining why Ronny Lawton takes such drastic actions after coming back into town. What has driven him to this point? Does him killing Karl and taking hostages prove anything about his innocence in other matters? Why or why not? Use examples from the novel to support your argument.
Essay Topic 3
In the beginning of The Keepers of Truth Bill and Pete have a stable friendship. As the story progresses their friendship is tested and eventually strained.
Write an essay explaining how their relationship goes through this change. What events happen that create a rift between the two men? How does Bill feel about his dissolving friendship with Pete? On what terms are they with each other by the end of the story? Use examples from the novel to support your opinions.
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)