Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Do Sam, Ed, and Darlene have a close relationship?
2. Does Bill regret his inheritance?
3. What is the name of Bill's family's dog?
4. What body part do they find at Ronny Lawton's house?
5. What do the men of town of days gone by do for fun on warm nights?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe one of the ways Bill's grandfather used to make money off of ice.
2. List the reasons why Ronny Lawton does not want to lose what he has in life at this moment.
3. What offer does Ronny Lawton make to Bill over and over about his estranged wife? What is Bill's response?
4. How does Linda Carter make Ronny Lawton seem in her television special?
5. How does Ronny react when Bill shows up and plays music at his work?
6. Why is Sam always in a state of panic over the paper?
7. List some of the signs that give evidence to Ed and his illness.
8. List the items Bill is instructed to bring to Ronny during the beginning of the hostage situation in chapter 15.
9. Describe the final few hours of Bill's father's life.
10. How does Lucas get treated when he misbehaves in chapter 10? What does he do wrong?
When Bill confronts Ronny Lawton at Denny's after finding his father's head Ronny acts submissive. When he chooses to flee Bill does not stop him.
Write an essay explaining the reasons Bill lets Ronny go without contest. Why is Ronny running in the first place? What does Bill think of Ronny by this point? What made him think this way? Use examples from the novel to support your opinions.
In the beginning of The Keepers of Truth Bill and Pete have a stable friendship. As the story progresses their friendship is tested and eventually strained.
Write an essay explaining how their relationship goes through this change. What events happen that create a rift between the two men? How does Bill feel about his dissolving friendship with Pete? On what terms are they with each other by the end of the story? Use examples from the novel to support your opinions.
When Bill, Ed, and Sam agree to go out to the hurricane bunker together they do it for their own motives. The excitement they feel is only temporary. Their feelings change once they realize the seriousness of the situation.
Write an essay that explains why the men wanted to go to the bunker without notifying the authorities. Were their reasons selfish? How did going into the bunker effect the investigation? How did going into the bunker effect the characters? Reference the novel to support your argument.
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)