|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Ronny have spelled out on the knuckles of his right hand?
2. What word does Ronny have spelled out on the knuckles of his left hand?
3. What does Gretchen do to try and comfort Darlene?
4. How does Ronny Lawton act when Bill confronts him about how he treated his mother?
5. What type of car does Ronny Lawton own?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ronny react when Bill shows up and plays music at his work?
2. How did Bill feel about finding the possible murder weapon in Ronny Lawton's estranged wife's yard? What does he do with it?
3. Describe Ronny Lawton's estranged wife.
4. List three of the four big newspapers that pick up the Ronny Lawton story.
5. Describe how Bill reacted right after his fathers death.
6. What are some of the questions Ronny is asked during his lie detector test?
7. Describe one of the ways Bill's grandfather used to make money off of ice.
8. Why is Bill always leaving messages on his girlfriend's machine?
9. Describe the process Ronny Lawton went through to report his father missing.
10. List some of the negative ways Ronny Lawton's estranged treats her child.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the beginning of The Keepers of Truth Bill and Pete have a stable friendship. As the story progresses their friendship is tested and eventually strained.
Write an essay explaining how their relationship goes through this change. What events happen that create a rift between the two men? How does Bill feel about his dissolving friendship with Pete? On what terms are they with each other by the end of the story? Use examples from the novel to support your opinions.
Essay Topic 2
After escaping from Ronny Lawton's house Bill takes Teri and Lucas to his cottage. Bill loves how isolated the cottage is from the outside world. He reflects upon the memories he and his father had there.
Write an essay exploring Bill's feelings about the cabin and how they tie in to the memories of his father. What activities did he and his father do while staying at the cabin? What sort of food did they eat? How did Bill feel when his father left him alone days at a time while they were there? Reference the novel to support your points.
Essay Topic 3
The letter Bill receives is a source of trouble in The Keepers of Truth. When people become suspicious that he had something to do with it, he does little to discredit their assumptions.
Write an essay that explains why Bill is so non responsive to people's opinions about him. Does he care what his colleagues or the town think of him? Which if any characters take his side in the situation? Reference the novel to support your argument.
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)