|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who keeps calling on the phone during the hostage situation?
(a) The FBI.
(b) Linda Carter.
(d) The CIA.
2. How many days does Bill stay in his secret place to the north?
3. Who owns "Curl up and Dye?"
(b) Linda Carter.
4. To where does Bill drive himself, Ronny's estranged, and her kid in chapter 11?
(a) To a taco stand for churros.
(b) To a 1950s style diner for ice cream.
(c) To a chocolate store.
(d) To a pizza restaurant for dessert.
5. What is "The Book of Wants?"
(a) A catalogue.
(b) A notebook.
(c) A coloring book.
(d) A fiction book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ronny wear on his head for most of chapter 17?
2. Why is Ronny Lawton not in town at the beginning of chapter 13?
3. What are Ronny's estranged and her son doing when Bill arrives in chapter 11?
4. What does Bill and Ronny's estranged drink with their meal in chapter 11?
5. Which well known news television program does Bill watch in chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Bill feel after finding Sam dead in his home? Why?
2. How does Lucas get treated when he misbehaves in chapter 10? What does he do wrong?
3. How has Bill and Pete's relationship changed by chapter 13?
4. How does Bill feel when he goes to Darlene's shop and is confronted by the female driven world that she and her customers live in?
5. Describe the puzzle that is left for Bill on his doorstep.
6. How does Bill react to the puzzle he finds once he has solved it? Explain.
7. What things do Bill, Ronny, and the hostages do during the stand off?
8. How does Bill feel about his unfolding destiny by the end of the story?
9. How does Bill and Ronny Lawton's relationship change from the beginning of the story up to the hostage situation?
10. List the items Bill is instructed to bring to Ronny during the beginning of the hostage situation in chapter 15.
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)