|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who keeps calling on the phone during the hostage situation?
(b) The FBI.
(c) Linda Carter.
(d) The CIA.
2. Which well known news television program does Bill watch in chapter 13?
(a) Sixty Minutes.
(b) Larry King Live.
3. Who comes over to visit Bill at his house in chapter 10?
(a) Sam and Ed.
(b) Ronny Lawton.
(d) Ronny's estranged.
4. Why does Diane want to come see Bill?
(a) She misses him.
(b) She needs money.
(c) She is lonely.
(d) She wants to interview him.
5. Who is angry at Bill for not contacting the authorities about the note he received?
(b) Linda Carter.
(d) The mayor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Bill think Ronny Lawton killed his father by the end of chapter 13?
2. What is the weather like when Bill goes to the coffee shop?
3. What is left for Bill in the office in chapter 16?
4. What does the sheet of paper in the typewriter read when Bill finds it in chapter 16?
5. Why does Ronny ask for receipts?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the puzzle that is left for Bill on his doorstep.
2. What is the relationship like between Bill, Sam, and Ed by chapter 12? How do they treat each other?
3. Explain what Walter thinks of the Ronny Lawton situation.
4. List some of the items Bill gets before heading over to Ronny Lawton's estranged wife's place in chapter 11.
5. Describe what Ronny's estranged wife's boyfriend is like.
6. What things do Bill, Ronny, and the hostages do during the stand off?
7. What offer does Ronny Lawton make to Bill over and over about his estranged wife? What is Bill's response?
8. How does Linda Carter make Ronny Lawton seem in her television special?
9. How does Bill react to the puzzle he finds once he has solved it? Explain.
10. How do Ed and Sam react when Bill shows them the letter he has deciphered?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)