|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ronny Lawton not in town at the beginning of chapter 13?
(a) Because he is on vacation.
(b) Because he moved.
(c) Because he goes missing.
(d) Because he fled.
2. What arcade game is being played at the end of Chapter 18?
(a) Pac Man.
(b) Space Invaders.
3. How many acres does the fire Ed took pictures of consume?
4. What color of rings does Walter wear?
5. What does Ronny wear on his head for most of chapter 17?
(a) A sweat band.
(b) A plastic cowboy hat.
(c) A Burger King crown.
(d) An old beret.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is angry at Bill for not contacting the authorities about the note he received?
2. What does Bill smell like at the beginning of chapter 12?
3. What liquid does Ronny's estranged mix into her food in chapter 11?
4. Bill brings what food item to the hostage scene?
5. Does Bill think Ronny Lawton killed his father by the end of chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bill feel about his unfolding destiny by the end of the story?
2. How did Bill feel after finding Sam dead in his home? Why?
3. Describe the secret place Bill takes Ronny Lawton's estranged and her son to after the hostage situation ends.
4. What offer does Ronny Lawton make to Bill over and over about his estranged wife? What is Bill's response?
5. What things do Bill, Ronny, and the hostages do during the stand off?
6. How is Bill treated when he is taken in for questioning about Ronny Lawton's disappearance?
7. Describe what Ronny's estranged wife's boyfriend is like.
8. Describe the puzzle that is left for Bill on his doorstep.
9. How do Ed and Sam react when Bill shows them the letter he has deciphered?
10. How does Bill react to the puzzle he finds once he has solved it? Explain.
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)