|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of vegetable grows in the fields where the fire burns?
2. What is the weather like when Bill goes to the coffee shop?
3. Who threatens Bill in chapter 14?
(d) Ronny Lawton.
4. Who owns "Curl up and Dye?"
(a) Linda Carter.
5. Does Ronny Lawton survive the hostage situation?
(a) Yes, he escapes.
(b) No, he shoots himself.
(c) Yes, he surrenders.
(d) No, he burns to death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is left for Bill in the office in chapter 16?
2. Who is Walter?
3. What does Bill smell like at the beginning of chapter 12?
4. Why does Ronny look extra muscular when Bill sees him in chapter 15?
5. Where does Bill go before work at the beginning of chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what Walter thinks of the Ronny Lawton situation.
2. How does Bill feel when he goes to Darlene's shop and is confronted by the female driven world that she and her customers live in?
3. How did Bill feel after finding Sam dead in his home? Why?
4. What offer does Ronny Lawton make to Bill over and over about his estranged wife? What is Bill's response?
5. Describe Walter and his profession.
6. Describe what Ronny's estranged wife's boyfriend is like.
7. How does Bill feel about his unfolding destiny by the end of the story?
8. Describe how Ronny Lawton's estranged wife's boyfriend met his end.
9. How does Lucas get treated when he misbehaves in chapter 10? What does he do wrong?
10. How has Bill and Pete's relationship changed by chapter 13?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)