|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bill find spread all throughout Sam's house when he goes to check up on him?
2. Why is Ronny Lawton not in town at the beginning of chapter 13?
(a) Because he goes missing.
(b) Because he is on vacation.
(c) Because he moved.
(d) Because he fled.
3. About how deep is the tornado bunker?
(a) Ten feet.
(b) Six feet.
(c) Fifteen feet.
(d) Eight feet.
4. What type of vegetable grows in the fields where the fire burns?
5. Who is killed in chapter 15?
(b) Ronny Lawton's estranged wife's boyfriend.
(c) Linda Carter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bill smell like at the beginning of chapter 12?
2. What liquid does Ronny's estranged mix into her food in chapter 11?
3. Why does Ronny's estranged think that he will come after her?
4. About how tall is Ronny's estranged wife's boyfriend?
5. How many days does Bill stay in his secret place to the north?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bill feel about his unfolding destiny by the end of the story?
2. What offer does Ronny Lawton make to Bill over and over about his estranged wife? What is Bill's response?
3. How is Bill treated when he is taken in for questioning about Ronny Lawton's disappearance?
4. Explain what Walter thinks of the Ronny Lawton situation.
5. How does Bill feel when he goes to Darlene's shop and is confronted by the female driven world that she and her customers live in?
6. What things do Bill, Ronny, and the hostages do during the stand off?
7. How has Bill and Pete's relationship changed by chapter 13?
8. Describe the puzzle that is left for Bill on his doorstep.
9. How did Bill feel after finding Sam dead in his home? Why?
10. List the items Bill is instructed to bring to Ronny during the beginning of the hostage situation in chapter 15.
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)