|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bill find Sam's body?
(a) In his bed.
(b) In the living room.
(c) In his car.
(d) In the shower.
2. How many days does Bill stay in his secret place to the north?
3. Who else knows about Ronny's estranged wife's rape?
(b) Linda Carter.
4. Where does Bill go first after the hostage situation?
(a) To Chicago.
(b) To his family's small cottage.
(c) To his place.
(d) To Ronny Lawton's estranged wife's place.
5. What does Bill find spread all throughout Sam's house when he goes to check up on him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the sheet of paper in the typewriter read when Bill finds it in chapter 16?
2. What does Ronny wear on his head for most of chapter 17?
3. Who threatens Bill in chapter 14?
4. Who calls and confesses to Bill at the beginning of chapter 15?
5. Who does Bill go to see at the end of chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the relationship like between Bill, Sam, and Ed by chapter 12? How do they treat each other?
2. How does Bill and Ronny Lawton's relationship change from the beginning of the story up to the hostage situation?
3. What offer does Ronny Lawton make to Bill over and over about his estranged wife? What is Bill's response?
4. Describe the secret place Bill takes Ronny Lawton's estranged and her son to after the hostage situation ends.
5. Describe the puzzle that is left for Bill on his doorstep.
6. How do Ed and Sam react when Bill shows them the letter he has deciphered?
7. Describe how Ronny Lawton's estranged wife's boyfriend met his end.
8. How did Bill feel after finding Sam dead in his home? Why?
9. What things do Bill, Ronny, and the hostages do during the stand off?
10. How has Bill and Pete's relationship changed by chapter 13?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)